Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers (14933 Views)

Facebook: Taking Action Against People Who Repeatedly Share Misinformation / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. / Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by TechPlace24(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
WhatsApp will take legal action against users who send too many messages from December 7, 2019.

The company hoped to put a stop to the abuse of the service by spammers, who send huge number of messages to particular users, it said.

Such rules are banned in its terms, and users can be banned for contravening them. But the company has now pledged to pursue other punishments too.

In an update to the social media platform’s FAQ section of its website, WhatsApp said that from December 7 this year, it will consider taking legal action against anyone deemed to be using the platform for activities such as “bulk or automated messaging.”

The firm said its system is meant to be used as a private messaging platform or for companies to interact with customers via its dedicated Business app, and that it will not tolerate it being used for spam messages.

“WhatsApp was designed for private messaging, so we’ve taken action to prevent bulk messaging and enforce limits on how WhatsApp can be used,” the firm stated.

“We’ve also stepped up our ability to identify accounts that misuse WhatsApp, which helps us ban two million accounts globally per month.”

The Facebook chat platform and messaging service currently has more than 1.5 billion active users. As at January, 41 per cent of Nigeria’s population use WhatsApp, with Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook Messenger far below, with just 25 per cent and 24 per cent of the population, the Guardian check showed.

The updated page on the firm’s website on “unauthorised usage of WhatsApp” said the company is “committed to reinforcing the private nature of our platform and keeping users safe from abuse” and that it will use all the resources at its disposal to prevent abuse of its terms of service.

“Beginning on December 7 2019, WhatsApp will take legal action against those we determine are engaged in or assisting others in abuse that violates our terms of service, such as automated or bulk messaging,” the information page states.

WhatsApp warned that it would also consider legal action even if that decision is based on “information solely available to us off our platform”.

WhatsApp had earlier this year, released a white paper which warned of automated and spam messages being used to spread “problematic content”.

Efforts to stop this behaviour are “particularly important during elections where certain groups may attempt to send messages at scale,” it said.

The company, earlier this year, confirmed it would be limiting the number of times users can forward any single message to five in an attempt to stop false information spreading on the platform.

This feature was initially tested in India in 2018 after a string of mob attacks in the country were blamed on fake reports which were said to have spread via the app.

Read More At: http://www.techplace24.com/2019/06/18/whatsapp-to-take-legal-action-against-spammers/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Canadanow: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ori won buru..make dem con catch me for my house nah. If you go take legal action... No be naija. How you Wan take legal action again Nigerians sef. Esp those Bet9ja guys... undecided

I can't believe this.. shocked shocked shocked this is a dream come through. Someone must send money for fuel into my account for being the first to comment.
Tell me the account you want... grin
UBA, GTB, FBN, Access, Stanbic, if I no get am, I go find am.
Bitcoin or perfect money is allowed cool grin

12 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Lincoln275(m): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Seriously?
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Ikem11(m): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Better, but where and how is the action going to take place and how will they locate the whatsapper?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by jerflakes(m): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ftc

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by smsreseller: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Not so bad. At least, some people would start posting with some caution. smiley

VTU Portal, Data Bundle Portal and Bulk SMS Portal; all yours in a single website:
https://smsreseller.com.ng/multi-reseller-plans
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Smile4daddy(m): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nice
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by freemanbubble: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Okay
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by essenceplus: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Arch. I just want to resume mine
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Sirpaul(m): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
you dey spam ??
Canadanow:
Ori won buru

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Hisxellency: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
F
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Kashbwoyjnr: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
They should ban afonja scammers
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by jamezman(m): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
What are this ones saying gan sef...

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by kuljayms1(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
After banning gbwhatsapp users, I'm not pleased with whatsapp anymore.... We're going back to 2go ���

9 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
Dem Bet naija people grin
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Hisxellency: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mark just dey do anyhow these days.. But this is a nice one sha
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by iammo1(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
cool

Good one, we hope goats with multiple video status need to get arrested to
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Canadanow: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
Sirpaul:
you dey spam ??
Tell me who no dey spam? Those wey dey send
"SEND THIS TO 20 PEOPLE" sef dey spam

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by ken6488(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Bet9ja444055:
See below
undecided You still get the mind post am here iranu
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Mopolchi: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Dem plenty for WhatsApp Bus
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by hytare: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
wow this is a good one.thumbs up whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by SEGLIZ: 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
funny enough I don't use whatsapp just for one reason their everytime update.
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Smaade: 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
good idea
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Dellfoam(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
WhatsApp nah scam itself, I hate that social media due to the fact that you only need friends' number before you can chat with them. It really source.

There are other social media that outperform WhatsApp, I recommend you tried them.

Source: https://ormail..com/2019/06/top-10-social-media-you-should-use-in.html?m=1
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by 9jayes: 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
When will NL take permanent action against bet9ja and sex video spammers?

Btw see my sig for ur funds transact
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by TANID(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
I Think It's Time To Go Back To 2go Or Old Whatsapp On Symbia Phones.
Whatsapp And Update Update Na 5 &6 Update update Update Whatapp Iya Yin In Olamide Voice! Update Update Update Every Seconds Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update grin Whatsapp Iya Yin

That's Why I Hate It So Much grin

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by TANID(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Dellfoam:
WhatsApp nah scam itself, I hate that social media due to the fact that you only need friends' number before you can chat with them. It really source.

There are other social media that outperform WhatsApp, I recommend you tried them.

Source: https://ormail..com/2019/06/top-10-social-media-you-should-use-in.html?m=1
That's Why They're Scam SEGLIZ

They Always Ask Us To Update. Same Reason Why I Hardly Used That App
Re: Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers by Offpoint1: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lol, our parents go go jail be that naw... if you know you know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Globacom (Glo Mobile) Nigeria Email Address / My Porting Experience (mtn To Airtel) / Symbian Phones And Operamini Clinic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.