Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,101 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 (37229 Views)

27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months / Kaduna, Abia, Rivers… 28 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In Six Months / Court Sacks Alex Otti, Assembly Candidates In Kano/Abia, Apapa Faction Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by ariesbull: 7:16am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:
Anambra attracted more FDI than other SW states put together minus Lagos. Anambra FDI is 12 times greater than Oyo. In 2021, Abia was 3rd Nationwide behind Lagos and Abujy. 2022 Anambra is 4th behind Lagos, Abuja and Akwa Ibom

In southern Nigeria Anambra and Lagos are the two smallest states and the twoost urbanised state

2 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by bionixs: 7:17am On Apr 06, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t know which data you are looking at. Below is 2021 data from Cable and Anambra did not even come close to Osun let alone the remaining SW states outside Lagos.

—Osun: $29.9 million

—Anambra: $4.7million

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/kaduna-enugu-24-states-attracted-zero-foreign-investments-in-2021/amp
you heard him.if you have your own business, invest in Osun. He knows his interest. This your driving-and-watching-another man’s lane attitude of yours will lead you to nowhere.

So Your mind tells you that when it comes to business and investment, you will stand Osun anywhere close to Anambra ? This self deception is what kept Nigeria where it is today
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by backtovillage: 7:17am On Apr 06, 2023
SLOVFO:

It be like say you no know that all "lands"in Nigeria belong to FG including your beloved Lagos. The only way you can boot Igbos out is by restructuring or dissolving this contraption called Nigeria. But so long as Nigeria exist as a country, there's nothing much You or any other person can do.
You guys baffles me, "igbos should be grateful to the Yorubas" sad ... wetin person no go hear for this country!
All land belong to FG ke. Which constitution you dey read. State give land to FG oga

3 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by ariesbull: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2023
YoungLionken:
It is expected..

Apart from Anambra, no other south eastern state on the positive list. But Lagos is the main focus for them. It's a pity undecided...
how many Yoruba states are there

Remember Lagos isn't created by Yoruba but the whole Nigerians invested massively there

But Anambra was an Igbo creation

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Dbestbrest: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:
Anambra attracted more FDI than other SW states put together minus Lagos. Anambra FDI is 12 times greater than Oyo. In 2021, Abia was 3rd Nationwide behind Lagos and Abujy. 2022 Anambra is 4th behind Lagos, Abuja and Akwa Ibom
So, in your mind, Lagos is not part of south west that you have to separate it from other states in south west? Aside that, your analysis showed that you are warped in thoughts as your claim that anambra attracted more FDI than south western states without showing evidence of that. Office of DMO have all the statistics which runs contrary to the trash you spewed out here

2 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Sharatan(m): 7:21am On Apr 06, 2023
gidgiddy:
Not surprised, only a foreign investor who wants to die if heart attack would invest in a country as highly insecure as Nigeria
I swear
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by georgeakins: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:

Which Anambra?
Who will invest in a jungle? South East is unliveable.
Read the article again and stop lying to yourself.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by JudahTheDream: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2023
All u useless boys n girls from yoruba and igbo always coming online to cause more of tribalism,hate n bigotry on any topic u see, may u all go blind and perish miserably!
for every secs madness of tribalism u all have been promoting with all d joy in ur hearts. Na sango and amadioha go strike all of una down. Awon oloriburukus and anofias.

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Irloran: 8:00am On Apr 06, 2023
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by georgeakins: 8:01am On Apr 06, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#770077][/color]

Sometimes you talk like a fool. Lagos is the epicenter of Nigeria with the only working sea port, a federal capital for 74 years. What do you expect, all most every embassy that has diplomatic relationship with Nigeria has its office at lagos, is tinibu responisble for that? Stop making yourself a fool. Lagos didn't begin from 1999. Lagos has been a cosmpolitian city before tinibu was born.

Akwa Ibom is catching up soon, go and make your Ibo region liveable and stop blabbing.

South West is the safest region in Nigeria.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by georgeakins: 8:05am On Apr 06, 2023
agadez007:
Whenever I see people from the other side of the Niger talk down on Anambra,I just laugh especially those ones from one rustic village in osun and ekiti and ondo etc
One Ekiti boy was dissing Anambra the other day,I showed him facts and he went on about how ekiti have more Professors(which has not been proven btw)
If only you guys read the manufacturers address of most of the products you guys use,most of these things are made in Obosi,onitsha,nnewi Anambra State

Stop lying .
No factory in Ibo land.
Most of the things sold in their states are substandard China products.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by agadez007(m): 8:07am On Apr 06, 2023
georgeakins:

Stop lying .
No factory in Ibo land.
Most of the things sold in their states are substandard China products.
ok
We only mine skulls and organs like you do over there in Osogbo
Happy now?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by georgeakins: 8:12am On Apr 06, 2023
Cadexa:
I think Nigeria should go back to regional government.

Greedy Ibo soldiers truncated the first regionalism, because South East was the most backward region then.

It will be difficult to go back to regionalism, because the politicians, esp. the NASS members won't let it happen.

The only thing we can adopt now is full restructuring and resource control.

Succession clause must also be in the constitution,

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Arrahman39: 8:13am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:
where did you get your statistics from? Ogun state is competing with Lagos state in terms of industries and manufacturieas... You said sw put together? Oluyole industrial estate in ibadan (oyo) has more companies than Anambra state...

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by georgeakins: 8:16am On Apr 06, 2023
agadez007:
ok
We only mine skulls and organs like you do over there in Osogbo
Happy now?

Yes.
In some parts of Imo state, human flesh is still being used for pepper soup.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by agadez007(m): 8:18am On Apr 06, 2023
georgeakins:

Yes.
In some pars of Imo state, human flesh is still being used for pepper soup.
ok
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Donmobi(m): 8:52am On Apr 06, 2023
Funny enough, Nigeria is good enough for investment considering financial output.
Nevertheless everyone is scared due to insecurity of their goods and products.
Sad.

mention me if you need assistance with your art project
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Komu1048(m): 9:05am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:

Leave per year, Ogun State has more foreign companies than all the states in Souh East

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by ChineduAPC: 9:07am On Apr 06, 2023
nedekid:
But Peter Obi is the only audited presidential candidate. The only one that presented his tax clearance certificate in which for the past 20 years he has paid not less than 50m as taxes yearly. No other candidate including the president elect could do that, rather avoided town halls not different from the blablablu where he will not be asked question such as this relating to taxes.
Obviously, do don't expect Obi to run a company in UK and pay taxes to Nigeria.

The tax in Nigeria is nothing, because he dealt mainly with importation of goods, which further caused this economy a mayhem. They know how to get tax rebate through an already compromised inland revenue staff, who rubbed off their taxes and award them the certificate after a private settlement in the name of bribe. Peter Peter Obi should present the same certificate from the United States,where he was accused of invading tax. His name was even listed by government in the Pandora newspaper as one of the most corrupt men in the United States.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by olusogo: 9:08am On Apr 06, 2023
You will notice several companies are springing up along Lagos-Ibadan express road especially interchange-Ogere axis, also at Agbara. I do not know whether those investments are local investments.

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by nedekid: 9:23am On Apr 06, 2023
ChineduAPC:

The tax in Nigeria is nothing, because he dealt mainly with importation of goods, which further caused this economy a mayhem. They know how to get tax rebate through an already compromised inland revenue staff, who rubbed off their taxes and award them the certificate after a private settlement in the name of bribe. Peter Peter Obi should present the same certificate from the United States,where he was accused of invading tax. His name was even listed by government in the Pandora newspaper as one of the most corrupt men in the United States.
I really wonder where you get your news from. He evaded tax in the US? Do you know how the tax system works? Abi if you are not resident in the US, are you meant to pay tax there. Show where you saw any government listing Obi as one of the corrupt men in the US. Just show 1 link to support your claims.
Why will you just wake up and write things from your imagination? Or did someone tell you all those stories in a beer parlor?
Do you even understand that owning an offshore trust is not a crime as far as the source is legal? Are you aware that Obi had overdraft in the uk of over 10m gbp. Do you understand what it means for uk banks to advance not just an African, but a Nigerian that kind of facility without ant collateral?
Anyway, I don't respect you to understand.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by ChineduAPC: 9:27am On Apr 06, 2023
nedekid:

I really wonder where you get your news from. He evaded tax in the US? Do you know how the tax system works? Abi if you are not resident in the US, are you meant to pay tax there. Show where you saw any government listing Obi as one of the corrupt men in the US. Just show 1 link to support your claims.
Why will you just wake up and write things from your imagination? Or did someone tell you all those stories in a beer parlor?
Do you even understand that owning an offshore trust is not a crime as far as the source is legal? Are you aware that Obi had overdraft in the uk of over 10m gbp. Do you understand what it means for uk banks to advance not just an African, but a Nigerian that kind of facility without ant collateral?
Anyway, I don't respect you to understand.

Take your time to digest this. We lived by fact and not false incitement.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Ttipsy(f): 9:29am On Apr 06, 2023
blowjohn:
Not surprised at cross river.
They can only attract carnivals and beauty pageants
stop ! Don't start

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by alhajiabdulbuha: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2023
How can Southeast attract foreign investment when Buhari, FG and their western counterparts has succeded in increasing insecurity in southeast.

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by BossGerald: 9:47am On Apr 06, 2023
backtovillage:
Ogun state 😂 no dey accessible as investors no see road pass

Dem even re-elected that useless governor Abiodun grin

Igbos are their problems
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by blowjohn(m): 9:52am On Apr 06, 2023
Ttipsy:
stop ! Don't start

Cross river hasn't developed like it shud.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by nedekid: 9:59am On Apr 06, 2023
ChineduAPC:

Take your time to digest this. We lived by fact and not false incitement.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html
Where in this post did you see Obi declared as a corrupt person and tax evader by the US? Or is it not the same post I read?
The sensationalism of owning an offshore account is what thrills you, as in it's supposed illegality. Oga, lots of people on this forum own offshore trusts, it is no big deal.
As I am today, if I have 10m gbp, proceeds from my business, I will quickly setup a trust that will handle my affairs.
You may be supprised to know that it is your bank assigned asset management consultant that will advice and assist you open offshore trust. Nigeria, Nnpc, businessmen, any person of value and networth own offshore trust. They all do.
Question you should ask is why icpc, efcc, lastma, amotekun, vio, roadsafety, fire service, red cross, man o war etc not arrested and prosecuted Obi all these years. Afterall he has been in the opposition.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Otasikwe(m): 10:19am On Apr 06, 2023
Ttipsy:
Wike you see yourself

??

Awka Ibom has taken over
stop dis ur childish comment who is akwa ibom were river dey abi u want to believe social analysis?
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by KINGS100(m): 10:20am On Apr 06, 2023
Enugu should brace up, my foreign contacts are goin to invest 3.2Billion Dollars in the state by the end of the second quarter of this year in your state.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by DMCY: 10:26am On Apr 06, 2023
seanwilliam:
Chai oyo where are thou

Did you read the article at all? Expecting to see oyo state on the list? Na you gangan be the real Chaii!!!
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by johbara: 10:59am On Apr 06, 2023
Jogs1900:
Gombe generated N10.6 billion as IGR in 2021, followed by Ebonyi (N13.8 billion) and Bayelsa, an oil-producing state, generated N13.3 billion in 2021. Jigawa and Zamfara generated N16.5 billion and N18.9 billion, respectively.

So Jigawa and Zamfara generated more igr than Bayelsa in 2021.
Isorait
. The matter fear me my brother shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Leaves UK For Nigeria / Buhari Attends Ado Bayero's Jumaat Prayer (photos) / Mohammed Abdullahi: Army Secretly Trying Soldier Who Criticised Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.