Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians (27985 Views)

FG Now Paying More For Subsidy, But many Nigerians Don't Know - El-Rufai / Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic / $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Heyzee5: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2023
Dzeems01:
World bank will just be falling hands,can't they spool our account numbers via BVN and credit us one after the other ,you went to give our money to FG that is handing over soon ..e don go ...o ti lo....

Bro, this country is just so corrupt! Even the people who will compile the account numbers; the number of fictitious accounts of dead people and outright ghosts that will be included in the list will shock you!!
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by ufotunang: 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
That is 400 billion naira....in nigeria the government there is no transperacy and accountability when it comes to funds and finances...so the money will just be looted by the politicians
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Bahamas95(m): 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2023
Retirement package, useless people.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by ufotunang: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
World Bank just wasted all this money like that because this money will be looted and embezzled...it will not get to the poor and nigerians.. it's better world bank would had shared the money and pay it direct to nigerians bank account than giving it to the government to loot the money...covid 19 pallatives nigerians did not benefit from it
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
$4 palliative per 200 million Nigerian ...who palliative help ... On top that na only 10% we can say are okay. So even if we remove the $80million which we know would end up as tithe in polithiefian ministry, question is who $4 help. Sabinus oya come and answer...

Give us $200billion they we would know you are serious , that is roughly $1000 per Nigeria
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by ufotunang: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
flemsy15:
If we have credibility, sincerity and integrity, this would have been a good news. But the last time (during COVID-19) we heard about palliative, it didn't go well
... world bank should had shared and paid the money direct to nigerians bank account than giving it to the government to loot and embezzle
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by dalass(f): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
The effects of fuel subsidy removal will definitely be worse than the effects of Covid-19 and the cashless economy experiment.

We appreciate the good thoughts of the Federal Government of Nigeria for making plans for the poor people who will be most vulnerable to the crucial policy change.

Kudos to the Proactive Federal Government! It's a pleasure they didn't plan to be reactive after lessons of previous economic crises.

The $800 million they have secured and have started looting already!

Cash is not yet enough to trade. The fuel prices have gone up. There is inflation. This mumu administration is still getting more loans to steal. Yet they will leave everything to the next administration. CBN is shouting that almost $2 billion has been stolen from our external reserves in a month!
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by stanisbaratheon: 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2023
They are probably going to use that money to organise handover party to the next president.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by purehustle101(m): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2023
No pity for Nigerians. Abi you guys wanted APC govt, Shishi I no go give out again if you like make hunger kill you. Aslong as APC government is still in power, Nigerians deserves the suffering. It go red soon make thunder fire anybody we go ask me to send am money.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Vadese1: 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
If fg is serious, they should use that money to fix the refineries before removing subsidy. Nigerians can't be deceive anymore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
Addiction to lump sum they can loot has blinded their eyes completely. So because of $800m these thieves will buy the idea to remove subsidy and sustain corruption, wastage and leakage?
Even the advanced countries have welfare they give out to citizens. Amarica, Britain, Scotland, Australia, Canada, China, Russia, Germany.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by BadVoyage: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ok
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Samajogs: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
Never give a dog a bone to keep...
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by millionboi2: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
MGfreo:
Throughout the month of April, beginning from April 1st, Paulwelj Graphic Linx will be training upto 50 candidates in graphic design with smartphone at a highly discounted price. Our practical approach to learning ensures that they will gain hands-on experience and personalized feedback and support from our trainers. The design skills to be taught include, How to create:

• Logos
• Book covers
• Flyers, posters and banners
• Create Whiteboard animations and
• Professional Photo Manipulation.

That's not all! We will also teach how to:

• Create 3D logos using mock ups.
• Create Professional eBooks with your smartphone.
• Create Professional 3D book covers for online digital marketers.

Take advantage of this rare opportunity! To participate in the training, send us a Whatsapp message on the contact line displayed in the flyer below.

Note: After registration, you are entitled to a complete gift pack of Graphics Design eBooks worth N19,000 FREE OF CHARGE.
At the end of the training you will be issued a certificate of completion which will increase your chances of immediate employment.

Don't miss this opportunity to boost your career. Register now!
how do one register

1 Like

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Brown2012: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-fg-secures-800m-from-world-bank-as-palliatives-for-poor-nigerians/
The real recession and Inflation is about to come upon this nation, if you think I'm lying wait and see, it's funny how other countries are moving forward and the only forward movement we are making is towards debts. Cost of living is about to skyrocket.

1 Like

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by SirLakes: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ehhh God Abeg...... another money to steal grin grin grin
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Chetas81(m): 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2023
Miserable citizens no nothing about being advance just for once POOR NIGERIAN'S SORRY FOR YOUR NEW NAME FROM HEAVEN
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by neonly: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
alizma:

Exactly my position. The gift is a set up. They want crisis in Nigeria, currently we have election issues at hand in which some people are yet to accept the outcome and someone is pushing for Buhari to remove the subsidy before he exit. Such advise is a trap to set the people against themselves then they will come in as peace keepers to reap us.

Abi oooooo
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Chetas81(m): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
The effects of fuel subsidy removal will definitely be worse than the effects of Covid-19 and the cashless economy experiment.

We appreciate the good thoughts of the Federal Government of Nigeria for making plans for the poor people who will be most vulnerable to the crucial policy change.

Kudos to the Proactive Federal Government! It's a pleasure they didn't plan to be reactive after lessons of previous economic crises.
my oyinbo man told me that federal government selling 50% to the pirates
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by SLOVFO(m): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
Lalami3232:
World bank sef no dey normal. Why give our government that kind of amount when you know say dem go embezzle the money for their private pocket? Sometimes eeh, I dey feel say all these oyibo get hidden agenda.
Anyways, what do I know sef
Na dem na know wetin dem dey do sha. I remembered during COVID-19 period, na so organizations, churches etc dey donate millions to the government, wereas dem know say the government go squander everything. Sometimes I dey feel say most of these people get ulterior motives.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "Oga if no be you disvirgin your wife, go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted"

Asking a Nigerian politician to do cash transfer to the vulnerable in the society is like asking a wild dog to guard barbecue meat.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by EAKeffective: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
You said it's coming under the social investment program? That statement shows the subsidy removal policy and palliatives initiative is an impending disaster! The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development lacks transparency and integrity to implement such a program, Npower beneficiaries and school feeding program cooks can attest to this. I call on the president elect, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu and all meaning Nigerians to stand against this as subsidy removal is a serious business devoid of statuesque.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Bawofss(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
world bank just do Christmas bonanza for our politicians in April/May.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Backlaw406(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
GodPrince:
Is it not $800M secured already? Nigerian population is estimated at 300million, if you are not bloody thieves credit all Nigerians 1million dollars each then you thieves in Government can take the remaining $500m for yourselves let's all have peace. You greedy bastards will not agree
Pls tell me how you came up with this calculation.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Selfmotivated: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by ud4u: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
Efuaye:
Monies that will be siphoned through inflated contracts and sub-contracts!

Find out what happened to Covid-19 palliatives.

Exactly
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Vatod(m): 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2023
Nigerians should get ready for the next Shege!
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Jevica: 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2023
The heat will be felt big time
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by NairaMaster1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
ubest1:
Na now the poor gullible political supporters will feel their gullibility

By getting 10k per yard. It's funny. APC?
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by sishol(m): 9:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
As world bank is giving palliatives, I know that our naija government will do the usual.

But check my siggy to discover how you can get your own share. THIS IS 100% LEGIT. You will thank me later. Don't dull.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Zubi10(m): 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
MGfreo:
Throughout the month of April, beginning from April 1st, Paulwelj Graphic Linx will be training upto 50 candidates in graphic design with smartphone at a highly discounted price. Our practical approach to learning ensures that they will gain hands-on experience and personalized feedback and support from our trainers. The design skills to be taught include, How to create:
How can I register n where is the training ground course I lived in abuja
• Logos
• Book covers
• Flyers, posters and banners
• Create Whiteboard animations and
• Professional Photo Manipulation.

That's not all! We will also teach how to:

• Create 3D logos using mock ups.
• Create Professional eBooks with your smartphone.
• Create Professional 3D book covers for online digital marketers.

Take advantage of this rare opportunity! To participate in the training, send us a Whatsapp message on the contact line displayed in the flyer below.

Note: After registration, you are entitled to a complete gift pack of Graphics Design eBooks worth N19,000 FREE OF CHARGE.
At the end of the training you will be issued a certificate of completion which will increase your chances of immediate employment.

Don't miss this opportunity to boost your career. Register now!

1 Like

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Singlenhappy(f): 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2023
This woman is the biggest largesse eater amongst buhari's women, hmm lucky her, another ooportunity to cart away every last Kobo left of the money, by now they might padded it.
nlfpmod:

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-fg-secures-800m-from-world-bank-as-palliatives-for-poor-nigerians/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

HID Awolowo's 94-yr Old Brother Weeps Uncontrollably As He Arrives Ikenne(pic) / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / 2019: PDP Leaders Meet Kwankwaso, Target Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.