Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

$800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike (31515 Views)

Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians / CBN Governor, Emefiele Risks Prison Over $53m Garnishee Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

$800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by FreeStuffsNG: 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has disclosed that there is a garnishee order to the tune of $800 million against the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA).

The order, according to the minister, is adversely affecting the FCTA economy.
Although he refused to provide details of the $800 million garnishee, Wike vowed to take very hard decisions to restore the economy.

He threatened to take serious actions against personalities, whose actions negatively impact the administration.

Drawing attention to the impact of the order on the economy, Wike said “the amount is enough to fund the FCTA budget of over 10 years.

The minister, who briefed journalists at the premises of the FCTA, noted that the situation was so bad that the economy could be described as dead.

He said: “We are coming out to tell the people about what is on the ground, so that they can see what we have seen. I was asking the permanent secretary this morning, ‘how can there be a garnishee order of $800 million against the FCTA? How do you survive it? Who are those responsible for this, to the extent that there are no projects in the territory? Everything has been abandoned?”

“The place is just corrupt. The Auditor General will talk to me later. It is terrible. The President did not bring us here to begin to say you are my brother or sister. He brought us here because things are bad, and wants us to see how we can bring about change.”
https://guardian.ng/news/800m-garnishee-order-killing-fcta-economy-says-wike/

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by FreeStuffsNG: 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2023
I have always known that there's a very significant hidden but corrupt reason why Abuja has never been able to grow on its own in the manner Lagos grew phenomenally despite moving the capital in a chaotic manner away from Lagos by Gen Babangida to totally escape June 12 protests. Check my signature for free stuffs!

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by igwebuike01: 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I have always known that there's a very significant hidden but corrupt reason why Abuja has never been able to grow on is own in the manner Lagos grew phenomenally despite moving the capital away from Lagos by Gen Babangida to escape June 12 protests
Abuja overtook Lagos long ago. Travel out of that huge slum called Lagos

196 Likes 18 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Young03(m): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
What is Garnishee?

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by igwebuike01: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wike should shut up. FCT minister is just an appointment. The president is the governor of FCT

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by SalamRushdie: 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2023
Young03:
What is Garnishee?
It's a court order to your bank to make available any money in your account to a third party

The type of that Innoson had against GTB

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by FreeStuffsNG: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2023
igwebuike01:

Really? Smh. There's no point engaging you. We don't do your kind of vanity chest beating. We remain grateful to God and humble for the numerous blessings upon our land. Your kind of empty barrel is not worth me going into debate with you. Go ahead and believe all the fake news you cyberbullies and unpatriotic elements feast on.

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Young03(m): 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2023
SalamRushdie:

It's a court order to your bank to make available any money in your account to a third party

Thanks chairman

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by HNICEARTH: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
igwebuike01:

Oh! So lagos was once capital?
Wow

10 Likes

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by igwebuike01: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Really? Smh. There's no point engaging you. We don't do your kind of vanity chest beating. We remain grateful and humble for the numerous blessings upon our land. Your kind of empty barrel is not worth me going into debate with you. Go ahead and believe all the fake news you cyberbullies and unpatriotic elements feast on.
No be only your land. See your land here. Backwards people

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by aQUINandmore: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2023
igwebuike01:

only the central part of abuja is developed.
There's literally nothing in Abuja to start comparing it with Lagos.

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by OmoFiditi: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wike the new god of we yoruba Muslims. angry

8 Likes

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by igwebuike01: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
HNICEARTH:

Oh! So lagos was once capital?
Wow
Na so. Refugees that fled from Ilorin want to drag our national asset

11 Likes

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by aQUINandmore: 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2023
I want the whole world to know I am in love with helinues.

Helinues, I love you baby kiss kiss

5 Likes

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Armaggedon: 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I have always known that there's a very significant hidden but corrupt reason why Abuja has never been able to grow on is own in the manner Lagos grew phenomenally despite moving the capital away from Lagos by Gen Babangida to escape June 12 protests
Abuja is better than lagos

24 Likes

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by tamdun: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
igwebuike01:

Olodo

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Parachoko: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
igwebuike01:
Wike should shut up. FCT minister is just an appointment. The president is the governor of FCT
Technically, Wike is the Governor of Abuja

167 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wike will create more enemies for d existing enemies of Emilokan

1 Like

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by specialmati(m): 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ok
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by gaby(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
Demolition order will resuscitate it.

No be only garnishee order...na geisha order.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by forgiveness: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
igwebuike01:

In your dreams?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by merit455(m): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
Parachoko:
Technically, Wike is the Governor of Abuja
I agree with you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Chunedujohnson6: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
You are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by forgiveness: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
SalamRushdie:

The type of that Innoson had against GTB

It has been overruled by competent court of justice.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Juanmike(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I want the whole world to know I am in love with helinues.

Helinues, I love you baby kiss kiss
Slot
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Ppn247: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
It is
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Nahunger(m): 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2023
angry
This world is not my home.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Horbar1: 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2023
Thread softly boss.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by naptu2: 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The June 12 elections took place in 1993. The Federal Government moved to Abuja in1991.

39 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Akpabio’s Defection Unsettles Governor Udom, PDP / Ebonyi Monarchs Dump Buhari 2 Days After Endorsement, Backs Atiku / Man Rocks Buhari 2023 T-shirt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.