Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections (1712 Views)

Three Things I’ll Do If Elected – Tinubu / 4 Important Things Igbos Should Know Ahead Of President Buhari's Visit... (pic) / Abominable Things Igbos Must Stop To Move Forward By Omu Of Anioma Kingdom[video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by gidgiddy: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2023
My fellow Igbos, the 2023 elections have come and gone, winners and losers have been announced, and all those aggrieved have been told to go to court, as usual

However, I believe that there are three important points the Igbo nation should take from the elections

1. INEC, and indeed the Nigerian State, has no capacity to conduct credible elections. Desperate politicians, money bags and those with vested interests, will always collude with INEC staff, political thugs and the security forces to rig every election. So if you are one of those who wants to vote in future elections, bear this in mind so you are not disappointed. None of us are likely to witness credible elections in our lifetime

2. Anyone who tells you there is anything like "one Nigeria" is telling you a bare face lie. No such thing has ever existed. Those who tell you that 'one Nigeria' exists are either ignorant people, or someone gaining from rot within the Nigerian union. There is nothing like one Nigeria, and if you forget this, you will be rudely reminded in the next elections

3. At the national level, elections will not solve the issues of Nigeria, no matter who is elected. The problem of Nigeria is in the foundations and not in elections. It is the foundation that gives rise to bad elections and bad leadership. Those who rejoiced 8 years ago when Buhari was elected are today buying a bag rice for 5 times the price, along with those who did not rejoice for Buhari. Those who rejoice at the election of Tinubu will also buy Rice at the same price as everyone, 4 years from now. So no matter who gets elected, we all suffer or enjoy equally.

In summary, never put your faith in Nigerian politics, it has not helped anybody who did.

Cheers

Ka Chukwu bi n'igwe gozie anyi

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by shortgun(m): 11:33am On Apr 06, 2023
I believe the country can be salvaged only if the people wants to be saved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by N3TRAL: 11:35am On Apr 06, 2023
Tribal bigot.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by blacksam01: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2023
shortgun:
I believe the country can be salvaged only if the people wants to be saved

naija is irredeemable!
Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by LadyExcellency: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2023
Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Throwback: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2023
The most important take away is that you cannot hate your country and its other tribes and religions, then suddenly start warming up to them at the point of national elections.

9 Likes

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by duro4chang(m): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2023
This is pure tribalism.
Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Odin13: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
They very important take away of this election is

Yoruba tribe has been demystified…
Yoruba saying the north love them and hate east is pure lie..
in an election of 90’million voters .. and Buhari 12million constant voters since 2003.. and all help , acclaimed love and Islamic love … Yoruba acn ..gave to north.. Tinubu the Yoruba champion could only muster less than 5million votes from the NORTH.

2:
Igbos are loved in Nigeria ..
this is the truth that scares the Yoruba nation and media for years .. since afyer the civil war .. they media has paint igbos in very bad ugly light in Nigeria … they Yoruba media has propagated for decades how an igboman is hated in Nigeria and how nobody will vote an igboman to be president of Nigeria ..

Walahi.. Peter Obi .. got over 6 million votes .. and won 12 states .. going toe to toe to the Yoruba acclaimed Jagaban and deity of Yoruba land with all his connections , media propaganda and all.. even has to rigged and suppressed votes in the so darling north that yoruba media claimed loves him ..

Nigeria can be salvaged .. and Nigerians want it salvaged ..
aside corruption and bribery .. Nigerians and Nigeria will get it right
Infa t Nigeria will be the first country to conduct a free and fair elections in the world .. with mago mago..

Nigeria and the Nigerians .. especially the youths are awaken .. kwakwasiya has said it .. senator Ndume has confirmed it ..
that’s northwest and northeast.. echoing same sentiment..
If anybody keep calling IPOB and igbos are on a long thing

This particular reality will dawn on hallucinators and dreamers after the Supreme Court decision to this election

Then it will be clear for those arm chair critics that bussines has changed

This is the reality of 2023.. elections and reality of todays Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by triple996(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
gidgiddy:
My fellow Igbos, the 2023 elections have come and gone, winners and losers have been announced, and all those aggrieved have been told to go to court, as usual

However, I believe that there are three important points the Igbo nation should take from the elections

1. INEC, and indeed the Nigerian State, has no capacity to conduct credible elections. Desperate politicians, money bags and those with vested interests, will always collude with INEC staff, political thugs and the security forces to rig every election. So if you are one of those who wants to vote in future elections, bear this in mind so you are not disappointed. None of us are likely to witness credible elections in our lifetime

2. Anyone who tells you there is anything like "one Nigeria" is telling you a bare face lie. No such thing has ever existed. Those who tell you that 'one Nigeria' exists are either ignorant people, or someone gaining from rot within the Nigerian union. There is nothing like one Nigeria, and if you forget this, you will be rudely reminded in the next elections

3. At the national level, elections will not solve the issues of Nigeria, no matter who is elected. The problem of Nigeria is in the foundations and not in elections. It is the foundation that gives rise to bad elections and bad leadership. Those who rejoiced 8 years ago when Buhari was elected are today buying a bag rice for 5 times the price, along with those who did not rejoice for Buhari. Those who rejoice at the election of Tinubu will also buy Rice at the same price as everyone, 4 years from now. So no matter who gets elected, we all suffer or enjoy equally.

In summary, never put your faith in Nigerian politics, it has not helped anybody who did.

Cheers

This one is still wailling

5 Likes

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by gratefulheart(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
1. Igbo should stop getting involved in politics of their host State if they want to do, contest or sponsor or mobilize for election or politics they should go to their State.
2. They should focus on their business or work and leave politics alone where lever they live if it's not their state.
3. They should stop creating enemies where their is none.
4. They should stop entitlement mentality even in their own land, community or state they can have entitlement mentality.
5. Rest, accommodate and love other tribes. You can move forward with bitterness and hatred.
This is my little advise.

8 Likes

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by goodnessme1(f): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2023
blacksam01:

naija is irredeemable!
Fact
Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by goodnessme1(f): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2023
gratefulheart:
1. Igbo should stop getting involved in politics of their host State if they want to do, contest or sponsor or mobilize for election or politics they should go to their State.
2. They should focus on their business or work and leave politics alone where lever they live if it's not their state.
4. They should stop entitlement mentality even in their own land, community or state they can have entitlement mentality.
5. Rest, accommodate and love other tribes. You can move forward with bitterness and hatred.

What's you advise for your tribe that attack fellow Nigerians for just trying to vote for candidate of their choice?

Even attack fellow Yorubas tagging them Igbos simply because they look fresh and neat.

They chants one Nigeria but can't put it in practical.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2023
gratefulheart:

You’re full of shit! Just who TF is ‘hosting’ Igbo in their state!? And what are you giving them for free! As per YOUR constitution, which trumps all your bigoted ideas and divisiveness, ALL Nigerians are free to live and work ANYWHERE in Nigeria, and are equally free to engage in partisan-politics in their state of abode!

How come you don’t do all this stay-in-your-lane-make-i-stay-in-my-lane when it comes to sharing proceeds from oyel and gas….a large part of which comes from Alaigbo!? You gorge yourself fat on my natural resources yet have the temerity to tell me not to get involved in the politics and governance of Lagos state!?….A state built with the resources and effort of ALL NIGERIANS!?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by infohenry(m): 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2023
gratefulheart:

In all what you are saying is that one Nigeria is scam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Ibrahimcoomasie: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nigeria needs to be salvaged but definitely not by the likes of Peter Obi that will make things worse like he governed Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Cholls(m): 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2023
My brother three things Igbos takeaway

1. Yorubas are first class citizens of Nigeria

2. Hausa/Fulani are second class citizens of Nigeria

3. Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani owns Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Frank688915: 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
Andrew silver salt gangs still in pains

2 Likes

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by theophorus(m): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2023
Eeyah!

Well, I think they should also Include.

1. It will take another 16yrs before they can become President.

2. Bullying and lying will not really get you anything.

1 Like

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by TheIgborepublic: 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
Cholls:
My brother three things Igbos takeaway

1. Yorubas are first class citizens of Nigeria

2. Hausa/Fulani are second class citizens of Nigeria

3. Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani owns Nigeria
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by TheIgborepublic: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
gratefulheart:
h

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by TheIgborepublic: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
gratefulheart:

n

gratefulheart:
what

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by TheIgborepublic: 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2023
gratefulheart:
g

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Gerrard59(m): 6:31am On Apr 27, 2023
Thank you OP for putting out this thread:
I wanted to create something similar based on recent events as a follow up to this thread I created earlier: https://www.nairaland.com/7621766/tinubus-nigeria-nigeria-2050

As I stated in the above thread, prepare for Tinubu’s economic onslaught against Igbos. Buhari did the military one, Tinubu and his boys are going to do the economic one. His boys do not like Igbos. You need to read their posts and tweets – it is hate-filled and laced with wickedness. Even white racists don’t utter such publicly. To prevent being part of the damage especially if you reside in the west.
1. Keep to yourself. Doing gum body will take you nowhere. In fact, you have made yourself more vulnerable.

2. Get insurance on your shops and markets because fire go burn markets tire. Prepare for relocation of major markets especially Ladipo and Alaba. As for Computer Village? It will go, trust me. The location is too prime, and some of his boys are into real estate. Their lips are moving against each other.

3. Learn to talk less and mind your business. You need to understand Nigeria and Nigerians for what she/they is/are rather than what you expect it/them or think it/they should be. One Nigeria is only in the name. It is not an actual reality. Igbos in the west, especially Lagos have become too comfortable and carefree for an ethnic group whose properties were seized, kith’s were butchered and faced starvation just over 50 years ago. The ones in the north seem to have sense. Understandably so judging from recent violent attacks. The ones in west need to change their care-free attitude.

4. Like I wrote in the afore-mentioned thread, expect the Mother of all Discrimination. It will increase as more Igbos troop into Lagos for economic opportunities as Tinubu doubles down on favouring Lagos and the wider region. So, expect discrimination during job search, buying products, administrative duties and the most obvious – renting an apartment. You will be denied just because you are Igbo. Barefaced and with no apology. Be mentally prepared for it. No go begin dey cry o because you might want to.

5. Try to learn the language, e fit help. This goes to all non-Yorubas in southern Nigeria. For greater economic opportunity, if you desire to remain in Nigeria, learn Yoruba.

6. Be careful how you behave in the abroad. Expect the Mother of all abuses, gaslighting and state-backed media smearing. Imagine Bayo Onanuga as the Minister of Information? Abike as Foreign Minister? If you like, misbehave outside Nigeria. Trust me, you are On Your Own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Gerrard59(m): 6:33am On Apr 27, 2023
7. See more, talk less. Don’t be the Eze of Ajao-land (after being sworn in, all Eze-like titles will be scrapped even though they are harmless) who went on public saying IPOB boys should be invited to Lagos. That was foolish talk considering it is a proscribed group in Nigeria. With relation to number 3, the same Eze visited officials of the Lagos government, promising support during the 2019 elections. Today? The same people have imprisoned him till God knows when.

Another is Bebex – a young, rich, popular spare parts trader in Ladipo. Asking a married woman how much will she collect for him to fvck her? Obviously, that is an inane and disgusting question. However, when I first watched the video of the said woman narrating her experience, which she did in Yoruba, I quickly suspected it would go the tribal route (https://twitter.com/Ajibade006Ade/status/1649302781054922754). That is, my brothers, ejooo, come to my rescue. This Igbo boy asked me to name my price for sex even though I am married. If the lady was Igbo or even Ibibio, all she will do is rant on TwitterNG and everyone will say Igbo men are misogynistic. Even after her apology (after she must have been paid, obviously), Bebex was still arrested (https://twitter.com/omolisabi1/status/1650880109228728321?s=20), the policemen on standby were dismissed and the matter moved to the commissioner’s table. What else? The State Council for Gender Rights got involved.

Trust me, it would not have gotten this far if Bebex was Yoruba or the woman was Igbo, even after she apologised. Check the initial thread when the matter got to the public, read carefully read the responses by the respondents: he must be dealt with was the overall narrative. We know why he must be dealt with. Then, check the thread when finally got arrested: good, we will teach him a lesson. As I said, his statement was totally uncalled and ridiculous. But in these times, they are extremely dangerous. Mind you, the same Bebex was always hobnobbing with Yoruba musicians. That will not save him. Did a pastor of a major church condemn the discrimination of Igbos during the previous elections? Has any sympathised even though Igbos are members?

The outlandish and braggadocio have to reduce. I have stated this countless times, you attract unwanted attention because of that, and it is dangerous to do so in enemy’s territory. If you make your money quietly, no one will know you exist. Keep moves to yourself, open offshore accounts, and stick to Igbo women. Yes, most are rude and carry feminism for head. But it is better to deal with Twitter feminists (all of whom are Igbos) than with a woman who will seek state’s power to deal with an Omo Igbo. Even if she doesn’t want to, her kinsmen will force her to do it so they get the opportunity they have always relished. Don’t give people an opportunity to deal with you. It applies to humans – give a yard, they take a mile. So, don’t give them that yard.

The Eze of Ajao and Bebex will remain in prison for months, if not more than a year. ECOWAS Court abi Supreme Court has said MNK should be freed. Has he been freed? I even argued before that Buhari will never free MNK. Not while he (Buhari) is alive.
If you like, don’t listen. Nigeria will teach you a lesson, and I, Gerrard59, will be here to remind you and gloat. I get filled with joy when I warn people of something, they refuse to adhere to what I warned against happens to them.

I will always be here to remind you people.

1 Like

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by DMerciful(m): 6:54am On Apr 27, 2023
My take is that Obi will be president this year!
Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by aljharem(m): 7:15am On Apr 27, 2023
The tribal bigotry is too much angry
Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by pquaver(m): 7:25am On Apr 27, 2023
gidgiddy:

Cheers

Oga go and rest... Those suffering today and running to lagos are people who obi governed for 8 years. Their lives didn't turn any better.. It is same way we will all suffer if your obi was voted... Stop deceiving... Your grieving is understandable but we warned you people ahead of time.. You called us saboteurs, yorubas etc.. As you make your Bed so will you lie on it.. Enjoy ur sleep for d next 4 years.. If you like next election repeat politics of bitterness, calumny and nzogbu nzogbu.. You will still land the same place again.. Only a fool does same thing over and over again and expect a different result..
Gi mara asu, gi ASUU na ikwe, ga na maghi ASUU ga ASUU na ala..

3 Likes

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by marlow1962(m): 7:35am On Apr 27, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Nigeria needs to be salvaged but definitely not by the likes of Peter Obi that will make things worse like he governed Anambra.
Why are you forgetting to post the level of illiteracy and dirt in Lagos too?
Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by gidgiddy: 7:48am On Apr 27, 2023
pquaver:

Oga go and rest... Those suffering today and running to lagos are people who obi governed for 8 years. Their lives didn't turn any better.. It is same way we will all suffer if your obi was voted... Stop deceiving... Your grieving is understandable but we warned you people ahead of time.. You called us saboteurs, yorubas etc.. As you make your Bed so will you lie on it.. Enjoy ur sleep for d next 4 years.. If you like next election repeat politics of bitterness, calumny and nzogbu nzogbu.. You will still land the same place again.. Only a fool does same thing over and over again and expect a different result..

Look at the list below and tell me whether those who ran to Lagos, Portharcourt, Kano or any part of Nigeria, escaped it? Did anyone in Nigeria escape it?

No matter who gets elected, no matter how you vote, we all suffer equally

1 Share

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by famology(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2023
gidgiddy:

Cheers

We also dodged a bullet called obidatti

2 Likes

Re: Three Things Igbos Should Take Away From The 2023 Elections by Strafudeen: 8:00am On Apr 27, 2023
pquaver:

What's you take on politics of Muslim Muslim ticket No let me insult you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministerial List: Dr Tony Nwoye Decries Marginalisation Of Southeast In The List / Aregbesola Speaks On Dumping APC As He Sets Up Omoluabi Caucus / Wow! So Abia State Is In The Bible! Wonderful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.