Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers (54527 Views)

The Fake Families Being Smuggled Into The UK / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by XAUBulls: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
sisisioge:

IT was an example. There are others. Bank manager is just a banking staff. They have certifications on different levels here too. For instance, my sister was in Zenith bank and her first 3 jobs here were in banking before she left for a govt job. To get ahead of the usual bank teller job, she had to do their banking certifications here.

Doctors nko, accountants nko, HR nko, project managers nko, business analyst nko, even teachers, etc? Most of these professionals have regulatory boards or recognized institutions that lend credence to your qualification. Their members move easily ahead. It's all about positioning oneself correctly. And ofcourse, dont aim to start at the top, start from the scratch to learn the system.

A lot of our naija folks dont have or tune their skills to be transferable though....so what were they planning to do once they get established in the foreign land?
Nicely put.

Ah, so SisiOge has surrepticiously slided into Calgary, nice one. wink

What career path have you gravitated towards now?

Last but not least, how's the dating scene like for females from immigrant ethnic minorities like you in Canny? Be brutally honest. Lol.

Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Moving directly from Naija to USA is HARD currently.

People move to the UK (at least those I know) for leverage. At least, you'd get decent living in Preston compared to Ilorin.

Then, you can shift your focus to the US. The money is definitely in the States...
it doesnt have to be if you have 20 million to waste on a uk trip. find an american woman and be her friend online and ask if she has financial problems. then send her 5000 dollars cash to help her out. build that friendship then one day tell her you wantt to come to america. she would come to naija to marry you. hopefully you keep her

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Rilwayne001: 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
it doesnt have to be if you have 20 million to waste on a uk trip. find an american woman and be her friend online and ask if she has financial problems. then send her 5000 dollars cash to help her out. build that friendship then one day tell her you wantt to come to america. she would come to naija to marry you. hopefully you keep her

This kind investment advice dey somehow o grin grin grin shocked
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by AirBay: 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:

You know how many naija hustlers dy dating sites?
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by tiptoe1: 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Moving directly from Naija to USA is HARD currently.

People move to the UK (at least those I know) for leverage. At least, you'd get decent living in Preston compared to Ilorin.

Then, you can shift your focus to the US. The money is definitely in the States...

Uk system isn't built to make you rich. Most people only use there as a stepping stone to a more better country. But when we talk of money, na usa money they abeg

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2023
Rilwayne001:

This kind investment advice dey somehow o grin grin grin shocked
lmao bro trust me you invest 5000 dollars in an african american woman ? she would move mountains for you. shebi thats only 4 million out of the 20 million ? but now you have a green card. grin you have to make unusual moves to win

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 2:08pm On Apr 12, 2023
AirBay:

You know how many naija hustlers dy dating sites?
bro this is not dating site moves. Find a hobby or something you love for example I am into astrology and look for groups on YouTube and this is where you get wholesome people and strike a friendship and further down the line when you get to know her you gift her the 5000 dollars. These hustlers you are talking about try to get something for nothing from women. You just gift a random woman 5000 dollars ? That is an unusual move and she would move mountains for you. Those hustlers would try to use their penis as the weapon. The penis is not a strong enough weapon. You have to build a bond and help financially and share common interest.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Sweetvie: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
vickydevoka:

People spent more because no house. Canada no easy abeg. But better
Yeah, not easy but possible and better.
Make dem enter Europe. Na to learn new language dey fear some people.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by kkins25(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2023
SIRTee15:

U don't know anything about doctor's salary in the UK. Some of my colleagues paid corporate tax of 50k to HMRC working as a GP. And if u know anything about company tax, what he paid wasn't 18 % of his company income.
New generation of wealthy migrants are emerging in the UK, it's not what u left behind when most naija migrants were illegals or low skilled hustlers.
The average price in my estate is around 400k yet we keep seeing more blacks everyday at the bus stop in the estate.
Nigerians are following the Asian route of self independence rather than the 9 to 5 job synonymous with Nigerians in the past.
My aunt has 4 nurseries in London and she's yet to stop. Her friend has a care home in London while another of my colleagues own one here in Midlands.
We now actively encourage solid middle class amongst us to buy 2nd or 3rd house in the UK rather than building in naija. Virtually all my friends have kids attending private primary schools, it's the in thing if u can afford it.
Give it 10 years, we will change the financial demography of blacks in the UK.
U guys that came in 20 years ago did a terrible job in attaining financial freedom, u guys were probably carried away by the good roads, 24 hrs light or maybe the women; while the Asians silently took over. Now compare achievement within the Asian and black community.
An Asian friend of mine has 7 care homes in the UK. Tell me how his generation will suffer in this UK.

It's not all your sob or regret story. Recent migrants has will have their own challenge no doubt.
Overall, UK is not for the weak. U have to be hardworking and smart, but it's rewarding if u know what u doing.
One of my church members who is a carer and hubby a security guard both build 4 houses, an event centre and a hotel in Ibadan area within 10 yrs of coming to uk. The man now spend more time on naija while the wife is still here. Now tell me how they will regret relocating to the UK.
Gbam!! I don't think stout, will you manage malt? They only think of this thing from one dimension, which is taxes. There are indigenous citizens who earn just as much as them, although complain, still pay their due diligence. All this bla bla blu, is the rotten behaviour of dodging taxes in Nigeria that they want to carry to UK. If Nigeria were working, they'd also be paying taxes. But, no, they don't want to pay tax, at the same time, they want Nigeria to develop... an juju ne?
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SIRTee15: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
locum is not a job. you are just filling in a temporary need
There are people on locum jobs all their lives. As I said, understand how the system works.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
SIRTee15:

There are people on locum jobs all their lives. As I said, understand how the system works.
what system lol
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Basicend: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hmm.

Only the strong and helped (by God) can stay in Nigeria now.

But Abroad is not a guarantee too if grace does not follow a man.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Kaycee54321(m): 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:

Baba, desperate people do not rely on hope oh. It's more practical to migrate to the UK and then explore other options from there.

Also, (and this is ogogoro statistics) less than 50 percent of Nigerian migrants to the UK had to liquidate 20million to travel...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by XAUBulls: 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
its great advice Chief but not everyone is cut out for business . some people are just workers
Lol... It's the karma they have earned for themselves. You made valid points there Sukkot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by uvie66: 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
this still in loss position. The 20m Naira he invested in the JAPA waka can generate 500 pounds and above in Nigeria without lifting a finger . Must Nigerians are not smart people. You carry over 15m JAPA to UK then happy you are saving 500 pounds ! The 15m in Nigeria in trading can net 1000 pounds per month in Nigeria and the 15m capital still dey .and with you dignity intact.
eh hen oya elaborate more please on the type of investment that will yield over 10mil per year on an investment capital of 15 million, because I want to come back home.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by shaybebaby(f): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
too many liars on this forum. provide receipts. show us ownership papers of a 400k pounds home then we can talk, i got receipts of my first ever house in england. show receipts or hold your peace
I really doubt if you've ever lived in the UK. No jokes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by shaybebaby(f): 8:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
whats your point ? Are you actually trying to differentiate London and the UK. Read the article
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/junior-doctors-14-hour-truth-29676907
Everyone who KNOWS the UK, knows that the cosy of living is higher in the capital city, than the rest of the UK, with wages typically higher down south vs North because of that. So it is a valid point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Anunakeeh: 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
zed7:

Product of failed parenting. Na your papa be mumu.

Wereeeey E pain Am😂

Thuundarr fiiire you and your Usvvless Papa.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by vickydevoka(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
Sweetvie:
Yeah, not easy but possible and better.
Make dem enter Europe. Na to learn new language dey fear some people.
New language and unfamiliarity. Imagine u going to live in Bosnia or Kazakhstan. Omo e no go funny. UK don cast since last year September. But people way get lunch enter since fit mover go Netherland or Germany. But me na UK or Canada I fit stay make I no lie. As I'm currently in UK. Buh always in door sha.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Gerrard59(m): 3:24am On Apr 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

U don't know anything about doctor's salary in the UK. Some of my colleagues paid corporate tax of 50k to HMRC working as a GP. And if u know anything about company tax, what he paid wasn't 18 % of his company income.
New generation of wealthy migrants are emerging in the UK, it's not what u left behind when most naija migrants were illegals or low skilled hustlers.
The average price in my estate is around 400k yet we keep seeing more blacks everyday at the bus stop in the estate.
Nigerians are following the Asian route of self independence rather than the 9 to 5 job synonymous with Nigerians in the past.
My aunt has 4 nurseries in London and she's yet to stop. Her friend has a care home in London while another of my colleagues own one here in Midlands.
We now actively encourage solid middle class amongst us to buy 2nd or 3rd house in the UK rather than building in naija. Virtually all my friends have kids attending private primary schools, it's the in thing if u can afford it.
U guys that came in 20 years ago did a terrible job in attaining financial freedom, u guys were probably carried away by the good roads, 24 hrs light or maybe the women; while the Asians silently took over. Now compare achievement within the Asian and black community.
An Asian friend of mine has 7 care homes in the UK. Tell me how his generation will suffer in this UK.

It's not all your sob or regret story. Recent migrants has will have their own challenge no doubt.
Overall, UK is not for the weak. U have to be hardworking and smart, but it's rewarding if u know what u doing.
One of my church members who is a carer and hubby a security guard both build 4 houses, an event centre and a hotel in Ibadan area within 10 yrs of coming to uk. The man now spend more time on naija while the wife is still here. Now tell me how they will regret relocating to the UK.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have preached it here for donkey months that erstwhile migrants are envious how recent migrants are achieving a lot and attaining permanent residency/naturalisation quickly than they did. The career advancement, quality of universities attended and financial independence are unparalleled. E pains them and I understand how they feel. But that is life sha.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Guruindahouse(m): 6:13am On Apr 13, 2023
Boss, can you tell me the name of that nurseries in London?
SIRTee15:

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by juman(m): 8:05am On Apr 13, 2023
You can make lot of money in any country with hard work.
No place is better to live than Africa.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SIRTee15: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2023
Guruindahouse:
Boss, can you tell me the name of that nurseries in London?
Why should I reveal personal information to u. Is this forum not suppose to be faceless?
Its not even my personal information. I have mine out, if u not satisfied with that, I can't help u.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SIRTee15: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
sukkot:
too many liars on this forum. provide receipts. show us ownership papers of a 400k pounds home then we can talk, i got receipts of my first ever house in england. show receipts or hold your peace

This guy na clown. I didn't even read this until now. So u think Nigerians don't own 400k houses in UK. Come to Sheffield and will take u round estates filled with Nigerians with houses worth 400k.
Note- this Nigerians are not medical doctors.
My cousin in London is trying to move his mortgage to a house worth 600k.
I repeat, u guys that came in 20yrs ago really didn't have a clue how to build wealth. Reason for your myopic opinion.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Zahra29: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have preached it here for donkey months that erstwhile migrants are envious how recent migrants are achieving a lot and attaining permanent residency/naturalisation quickly than they did. The career advancement, quality of universities attended and financial independence are unparalleled. E pains them and I understand how they feel. But that is life sha.

Not strictly true...the reality is that many recent UK migrants wil struggle to catch up with those who migrated 20 plus years ago and made sound investments in the intervening time period. For starters property was much cheaper 20 years ago and more attainable on smaller salaries. Those who could not afford to buy were able to obtain council homes (which in reality tend to be for life, giving them long term financial and physical security). Some even went on to buy their council homes at a huge discount (thanks to Thatcher) -now many of the same properties are worth up to 10 times more as house prices have sky rocketed even in historically cheaper regions.

Getting on the property ladder is not easy - a minimum deposit, years of residence, good credit history, exorbitant rents, affordability based on salary and household expenses e.g. child care costs, and very importantly - age - present barriers that require very deep pockets to overcome quickly. The only migrants who largely seem able to hit the ground running and acquire property very quickly (less than 1/2 years) are mainly those from HK who are buying up London, Bristol, Manchester and pushing up prices even further. Average 3beds in desirable areas in London and South east start from over half a million.

It's now extremely difficult to get a council property even if you qualify for it (which most migrants don't)- even native British citizens are struggling with a very long and strict waiting list. In contrast, some erstwhile migrants had 3 council homes back in the day and made a lot of money renting them out privately. It would be almost impossible to do that now.

So looking at property ownership alone (which in the UK is one of the key wealth and status indicators), the erstwhile migrants had a massive advantage and head start.

Universities were also much cheaper 20 years ago, so it was easier to attend a "quality" university for far less than what the lower ranked universities (many of which were actually polytechnics) are charging - and attracting tons of foreign students because they are cheaper than the traditional red bricks.

Financial independence - erstwhile migrants did not need to show pof nor have to follow as many requirements. Immigration rules were much more lax 20 years ago and it was far easier for a company to acquire a work permit for someone they wanted to hire or retain. It was easier to make a lot more money prior to recent regulations -for example locums and most contractors now fall inside IR35 which has greatly reduced their take home pay. The govt is also cracking down on Air BnBs so going forward they will not be as lucrative for those who are only just getting into the business. Same story in other industries - usually those who get in early benefit the most before the regulations get tightened.

That's life - time and chance...

I haven't got time to go into pension pots and retirement nest eggs, both of which would be greater for someone who has been diligently paying into them for 20 years.

I wrote this long epistle grin just to say that it's not always envy when a veteran advises a recent or would-be migrant on the landscape and challenges in today's Britain compared to 20 years ago.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by justwise(m): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Bros you are completely off point on this.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Klass99(f): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by armyofone(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
I will give the hail to him too. He is a cool guy. Maybe awon omo Ibadan breed... wink
See how he explained himself in calmed ways. Not doing keyboard warrior to posters. He tried gan gan - for a Chicago war lord grin mo hail sukkot.

Klass99:
Ahn ahn, Sukkot!

Not only did you manage to get your thread reinstated in the travel section, it also made front page and ran into 18 pages. You are an alagbara o, or should I say Seun is working and Nlfpmod is working? grin

Whatever the case may be, I give you a round of applause for maturity and respectful engagement with other users, in spite of being insulted by some, you kept your cool and carried on engaging respectfully. I admire that wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

Enugu And Lagos In The List Of 100 Resilience Cities In The World / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes / Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.