Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo (28237 Views)

Remi Tinubu: At 60, I’m Too Old To Be Afraid Of Death / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election / Nigerians Using Diversity For Religious, Ethnic Division – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by ogododo: 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo said the incoming administration must explore all avenues at ending ethnic division that emanated from the 2023 general elections.

Obasanjo stated this while speaking at a conference, themed, “From Elections to Governance and Performance,” organised by Nextier and the Ibadan School of Governance and Public Policy in Abuja on Thursday.

The former president noted that with challenges facing the country, he is nowtoo old to keep quiet,” stating that he would continue to voice concerns for the benefit of the nation.

He noted that the incoming government must work to facilitate national moral rearmament and reconciliation, following the divisiveness occasioned by the just concluded general elections.

According to Obasanjo, the move has the potential to bring about healing and to assuage Nigerian youths who were angered by the shortcomings of the elections.

He said governance in Nigeria now required thinking outside the box, to rescue the nation, in terms of its plunging economy and huge national debt burden, adding that there must also be the political will and action, as well as administrative efforts, to reform the public service, and turn it into a capability-ready unit.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/im-too-old-to-keep-quiet-ethnic-division-must-obasanjo/

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by otuomasirichi: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
God bless Obasanjo for us 🙏

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Massiveglory: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Respect to baba obasanjo. One man I believe God kept alive for a time as now.

Nigeria today is not divided on tribe, religion, etc. Evil politicians only use that to deceive their gullible followers.

Nigeria today is divided on the line of
Light vs darkness,
Good vs evil,
Right vs wrong,
Constitution vs unconstitutional.

There are christians and muslims of various tribes and positions who are against the sham elections, straightforward, honest and standing boldly for light , right and truth In the elections.

There are also christians and muslims of various tribes and positions who are also proponenents of false hood, darkness, deceit, dishonesty, robbery and evil. They know the elections was a sham but are committed to their darkened and greedy gains

This is where we are right now.
One sure fact I know is light will prevail over darkness. The constitution will prevail over unconstitution. Good will prevail over evil.

History is in the making. The new Nigeria is unstoppable.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by alrahmanonline(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Seriki monafiki, Agbaakin Obayeje of Nigeria.

63 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by donbachi(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
Customer: who dey here
Seller: yes,
Customer: I wan buy something
Seller: where you from
Customer: Igbo
Seller: I no dey sell.

I pray it doesn't get to dis

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by lhordspy: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
Dear Former President Obasanj0.

You can keep up with the public deceit, charade and role playing. We know what you are and what you stand for.

This same man sat in the hall, shinning his teeth, clapping his hand while a buff*lo like Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu of ohanenze reffered to the entire yoruba race as political rascals. The same race you sir belong to.

Hear me well sir, you a just a mere Fomer Nigeria president who is a yoruba.
You are not and will never be recognise nor acknowledge as a Yoruba leader. You lost that honour, sir. Anything you do, say or wish to interfere in; nationally or politically, is no business of the yorubas and it doesnt represent us as a tribe; it is your own personal opinion, ambition or commitment.

You can keep aligning with the enemies of the southwest to bring down our leaders. While you continue masquerading as elder-stateman.

Tinubu is the greatest politician to ever emerge from southwest, standing alongside MKO and Awolowo . You either live with it or you keep fighting against it.

161 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Shevchenkko: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2023
Apc is a demonic party that should not have ruled Nigeria.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by babyfaceafrica: 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
Noise everywhere

1 Like

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Jogs1900: 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Dear Former President Obasanjo.

You can keep up with the public deceit and role playing. We know what you are and what you stand for.

This same man sat in the hall like a statue while a buff*lo like Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu of ohanenze reffered to the entire yoruba race as political rascals. The same race you belong to.

You are not and will never be recognise nor acknowledge as a Yoruba leader. You lost that honour. Anything you do, say or wish to interfere in, is no business of the yorubas and it doesnt represent us a tribe; it is your own personal opinion, ambition or commitment.

You can keep aligning with the enemies of the southwest to bring down our leaders. While you continue masquerading as elder-stateman.

Tinubu is the greatest politician to ever emerge from southwest, standing alongside MKO and Awolowo. You either live with it or you keep fighting against it.
Gracias

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by mrcelebrity1: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2023
[qOmo Ale jati jati .. Iran Baba nla e kan can never match his (Obasanjo) standard nor any of your incoming generation match his achievements . Respect elders so your days can be long ..

You can keep up with the public deceit and role playing. We know what you are and what you stand for.

This same man sat in the hall like a statue while a buff*lo like Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu of ohanenze reffered to the entire yoruba race as political rascals. The same race you belong to.

You are not and will never be recognise nor acknowledge as a Yoruba leader. You lost that honour. Anything you do, say or wish to interfere in, is no business of the yorubas and it doesnt represent us a tribe; it is your own personal opinion, ambition or commitment.

Tinubu is the greatest politician to ever emerge from southwest, standing alongside MKO and Awolowo. You either live with it or you keep fighting against it.[/quote]

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Iamgrey5(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Tinubu is the greatest politician to ever emerge from southwest, standing alongside MKO and Awolowo. You either live with it or you keep fighting against it.
I support this message, although I don't necessarily believe Tinubu is at par with Awolowo untill he proves himself in the next four years.

I usually hold Obasanjo in high regards before now. The old man truly disappointed me during this election cycle.

49 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by muhammaduyusufu: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
Lol. After they dragged Wole Soyinka (Obasanjo's senior man), he is now waking up.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo said the incoming administration must explore all avenues at ending ethnic division that emanated from the 2023 general elections.

Good he is confirming that nobody can stop the moving train of Asiwaju.

Conner44:
Nigeria is and has always been divided along ethnic lines right from its inception.

I don’t know why we relish in deceiving ourselves in this country undecided
Well Peter Obi took bigotry to another level by adding religious division to the mix.

It was on Nairaland that I first saw Obidients separating Yorubas to Christians and Muslims. Something that is alien to my Yorubas bros.

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Honoredeblazac: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
Lol
Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by PulaPower: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
The 3rd class acute dullard and agent of discrimination came from a divided region. We're not surprised that Obi is a tribal bigot because he came from a region where an Anambra man can't even rule in Abia.

So he's trying to bring the system they practiced in SE into the national politics. This is why he was trying to divide other regions..

Both the 3rd class dullard and his agent of terrorist would eventually end up in shame..

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Ayo25: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
D
Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by BadVoyage: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
Thank you baba...you have spoken well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Emperormartin(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
APC government cannot handle this

1 Like

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by inforesource: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
ok baba. I will mention those whose quietness is causing Nigeria her future. Should I?

1 Like

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Kingkamba(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Thanks baba

2 Likes

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by austinvsb: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Obasanjo grin Dictator in civilian clothing!

Went on live TV to ask for an election to be cancelled while the process was still ongoing. Thank God Nobody in the corridor of power really takes him seriously anymore!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by SultanOfPuna: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Ok
Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by RexHarvey: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023

Zealot boombox SPEAKERs 🏁

🔋40hrs playtime
✴️ BIG SPEAKERS
🔘Bluetooth 5.1 Speaker
⭕💯Brand new
🌊IPX6 Splash proof protection
🔺Super sounds
🔻Good bass

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by money121(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Ebora Owu
Baba Oni Leta isonu grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by fridayking(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
lhordspy:

You dey very stupid....

The man that place Yoruba on the same sit with the Northern is what you open you smiling mouth to insult...

I sorry for Yoruba like you...

15 Likes

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Conner44: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nigeria is and has always been divided along ethnic lines right from its inception.

I don’t know why we relish in deceiving ourselves in this country undecided

muhammaduyusufu:

Well Peter Obi took bigotry to another level by adding religious division to the mix.

It was on Nairaland that I first saw Obidients separating Yorubas to Christians and Muslims. Something that is alien to my Yorubas bros.

I don’t know about you oh, but what a Muslim- Muslim ticket meant to me and other sane Nigerian Christians can never be overemphasized.

When you’re done cooking your head in the sand you can raise it up to smell the coffee

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by goodnessme1(f): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
2023 election only exposed the internal hatred yorubas have for Igbos.

Many of us don't know this before now.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Klington: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
The real ómó alés will not like this.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Adakintroy: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
Too late. You played it so in your prime.

You all have thought the young lions how to eat meat..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Quest7777: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
The division goes beyond the 2023 elections.

Major blame goes to Buhari's regime of Nepotism that caused so much division in the country especially the biased way he handled issues of Fulani herdsmen, RUGA, Federal appointments etc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo by Corn247: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023

Let Igbos allow people to buy lands in SE first. Tell them to stop fearing competition.

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Lagos Primaries: Twitter Users Blast Sanwo-Olu (Screenshots) / Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB / Melaye, Bwala: Disquiet In PDP Over Atiku’s Choice Of Campaign Spokespersons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.