Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson (49221 Views)

Tinubu Won Presidential Election - INEC Tells Tribunal / Fasoranti To Adebanjo: It’s Illegal To Assert Obi Won Presidential Poll / El-rufai’s Coup, Aisha The ‘star Girl’, Abeokuta Outburst — How Tinubu Won (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by yns4real: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2023
Johnnie Carson says Bola Tinubu has three things that his opponents did not have going to the presidential election

An American diplomat and a foreign observer in the 2023 general elections, Johnnie Carson, says three factors were responsible for the victory of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu.

Mr Carson, an Executive Officer of the United States Institute of Peace (USIP), spoke in Washington DC when the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, paid an official visit to the institute to engage on the concluded elections.

The diplomat said he co-led National Democratic Institute (NDI) and International Republican Institute (IRI), International Election Observation Mission to Nigeria during the elections.

According to him, Mr Tinubu, the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, undoubtedly won the polls and will be sworn-in come May 29, except something happens dramatically with the court.

“Do you know why he won, he got the money, he had the best national organisation that worked for him and the ground game,’’ he said.

Mr Carson emphasised that for a candidate to win an election in Nigeria, like a lot of democracy in the globe, the three things, including substantial and significant financial resources were needed.

Others, according to him, are a national working organisation and a grassroots acceptance.

He said while Mr Tinubu had all the three criteria in his kitty during the polls, the other major contenders did not have all.

Speaking specifically on the Labour Party presidential candidate, Mr Carson said, “on the part of Mr Peter Obi, he did not have the ground game and a national organisation.

“Obi is, however, very popular, particularly among the young, educated, urban and sophisticated,’’ he said.

Mr Carson said the presidential election was one of the most competitive polls in Nigeria and in Africa.

He, however, observed that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) needed to up its game.

“Nigeria deserves the very best electoral process.

“To me, the problem is not with Tinubu and the other candidates,’’ he said.

Mr Carson hailed President Muhammadu Buhari for his commitment in delivering a free and fair election for Nigeria.

He said the president “is a man of outstanding integrity’’ and he demonstrated the attribute in the past elections.

On his part, the minister said considering where INEC was coming from and where it were today, there were massive improvements in the conduct of the 2023 polls.

Conceding that there was room for improvements, the minister said the introduction of a new technology Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) by INEC underpinned the credibility of the elections.

According to him, BVAS cut out fraudulent votes, ghost voters and multiple votes.

Mr Mohammed said the election was conducted against the backdrop of fuel shortage, mounting insecurity and poorly timed cash swap policy.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the minister also had engagements with the Council on Foreign Relations, a well versed think-tank on African affairs and foreign relations chaired by a Nigerian, Ebenezer Obadare.

He was also at the Reuters News Agency; The Politico, an international political newspaper, and Zenger News, a channel that publishes its contents on Forbes.

During his respective interactions with the Think-tanks and international media, the minister “presented the facts of the just concluded polls as against skewed narratives of the opposition and naysayers”.

NAN reports that the interactions also delved into economy and foreign affairs.

At Reuters, the Agency’s recent investigation of alleged secret programmes of coerced abortion of women and girls freed from insurgents’ captivity were discussed.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/592059-how-tinubu-won-presidential-election-american-observer.html

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Minime10(f): 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2023
All this paid idiots, just to spined gilbberish for his pay

341 Likes 35 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by dazdi: 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
Smiles

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Naira20: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
Title should be:

How Tinubu RIGGED the Presidential Election

268 Likes 27 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Putinofrussia: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
Minime10:
He pain am grin
The truth hit your innermost blokoss cheesy

402 Likes 37 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by FreeStuffsNG: 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
Alhaji Atiku, Mr Obi and the lp mob lost and they thought the rests of us and the world is stupid.
check my signature for free stuffs!

419 Likes 29 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by EmirGold(m): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
Mazi Tinubu till 2031, anybody wey no like am can jump into the lagoon

96 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by seunmsg(m): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
Minime10:

Once people say the truth and it doesn’t favour Peter Obi, obidients jump out to insult and abuse the person. This is a diplomat and foreign observer whose assessment is very reasonable and sensible. Accept the truth and stop the unnecessary attack.

408 Likes 29 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Tofax: 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Okay oo

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by LegendHero(m): 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
They will soon start accusing the diplomat and insulting his lineage.

No one dare speak reality again especially when it doesn’t favor the chronic religious bigot called Peter Obi.

I even heard they already started gathering signatures to tell the Nobel laureate agency to strip Prof. Wole Soyinka of his honors.

412 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by ThankUUJesus: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
while reading I was like ahh this white man didn't know that the election was rigged neh...I den got tired of the praises to Tinubu and Buhari and then concluded that it is very obvious that he peaker or writer was bribed to say all this...so I said let me just scroll down to the end and behold, I saw a pic of a black man

U see why Africa is so backward is because we have a lot of stupid old people who instead of repenting and saying the truth always, would rather collect money and go to hell.

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Godfullsam(m): 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
Minime10:

What gives you the impression that anybody with contrary opinion(s) to yours has been paid by tinubu?

Is this how your brain was programmed to think?

402 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by LegendHero(m): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
Minime10:

Yes daddy, Tinubu paid him $1billion to say this.

387 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Minime10(f): 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2023
Putinofrussia:

He pain am grin
The truth hit your innermost blokoss cheesy

U don't seems to know what is truth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Minime10(f): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
seunmsg:

Once people say the truth and it doesn’t favour Peter Obi, obidients jump out to insult and abuse the person. This is a diplomat and foreign observer whose assessment is very reasonable and sensible. Accept the truth and stop the unnecessary attack.

Did he observed any election in your polling unit If your answer is no, then u are as idiotic as the paid fool

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by madridguy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
“Do you know why he won, he got the money, he had the best national organisation that worked for him and the ground game,’’ he said.

376 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Corn247: 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2023
According to the losers and paupers , Tinubu bought everyone grin

384 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Sambai65(m): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2023
LegendHero:
They will soon start accusing the diplomat and insulting his lineage.

No one dare speak reality again especially when it doesn’t favor the chronic religious bigot called Peter Obi.

I even heard they already started gathering signatures to tell the Nobel laureate agency to strip Prof. Wole Soyinka of his honors.yes oo,the next victims will FALANA and aisha yùsuf

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by abobote: 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2023
How Tinubu and INEC rigged the presidential election

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by virginchaser(m): 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2023
View point.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by IVORY2009(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tinubu would be the very first president thst would be disgraced and kicked out of office.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2023
Minime10:

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:48pm On Apr 06, 2023
Naira20:
Title should be:

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
ThankUUJesus:
while reading I was like ahh this white man didn't know that the election was rigged neh...I den got tired of the praises to Tinubu and Buhari and then concluded that it is very obvious that he peaker or writer was bribed to say all this...so I said let me just scroll down to the end and behold, I saw a pic of a black man

U see why Africa is so backward is because we have a lot of stupid old people who instead of repenting and saying the truth always, would rather collect money and go to hell.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Saga16: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2023
ThankUUJesus:

Which white man?

10 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Mylove55(f): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
Naira20:
Title should be:

it should be " how obi.idiot trying to steal tinubu mandate"

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by Activistman(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
Minime10:
You don't make of your number six. What do you know about politics than to hide behind your keyboard?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson by IVORY2009(m): 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
madridguy:

You forgot the rigging mechinary in place grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Reacts To Yola Bombing On Twitter (snapshots) / Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.