Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections (38362 Views)

Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court / Chimamanda Adichie Writes To Obiano - ABBA : My Hometown Under Siege / Dele Momodu Writes A Letter To Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by VIKTO83(m): 10:14am On Apr 07, 2023
MeineMutter:

She’s pained by the defeat Pandora suffered. Her tribe didn’t expect it. O ba won l’ojiji gaaan.

She’s also being pushed by her fellow clans of losers from DotInACircle generation.

I'm Igbo by tribe. In as much as I don't support obi and his Obi supporters supporters and their mirage wishes, I take exception to calling my tribe 'Dot in a circle'.
Be guided.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Gbogbowa: 10:14am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
APC think they can white wash this armed robbery of an election by deploying Soyinka.😆😆😆.

The international media war has started dudes.

Noble Laurette vs Noble Laurette.

Elluuu p 75 her head dey there, we are going to wrap them up when mama Ngozi speak and finish INec and APC up awon werey eti rin nkan kan
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 07, 2023
sogodihno:

Just shatap! To hell with Biden, who cares?

Nigeria is a sovereign state, 10 thousands Biden and 20millon ibos can't remove Tinubu. You can cry your eyes out, Tinubu will rule you and your papa.

Are you done ?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by blue4lif(m): 10:22am On Apr 07, 2023
The non educated among them join UGM, IPOB or come to the southwest to hustles while the lettered few write with bitter minds which can never be clean because their ultimate target WILL NEVER be achieved in present day Nigeria having misused the opportunity in the past when given.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Dittodat: 10:22am On Apr 07, 2023
She's Igbo; what do you expect? Probably a secret Igbo supporter. Biden self won an election that some are still claiming was rigged. That letter will end up in the trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by penta(m): 10:23am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/1644024591919067137?t=iBbeMsT06-3qXPdVDe7U7Q&s=19

Nigeria’s Hollow Democracy

Why is America congratulating the winner of this disastrous election?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/nigerias-hollow-democracy/673647/

Sorry! Story oooo

This one is writing nonsense...

Even America has been rotating the presidency between Democrat and Republican for donkey years!

Even Biden knew no election is perfect!

And to cap it up, Nigeria 2023 Presidential election is far better than the last 2 presidential election in the US.

Chidimma, Okonjo and their cohorts should continue writing or saying nonsense instead for them to come home and talk sense on their kinsmen to stop carrying arms and drugs upandan.. she forgot to report that to her America god, Biden.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:
Lol. America has their own issues right now, with other world powers trying to abandon the dollar thereby crashing the American economy. They're not going to have that time and energy assisting you people remove democratically elected president
America is not the last hope of Nigerians, God is the last hope, if God will allow APC and INEC's criminality to stand, so be it, if criminals like Tinubu will emerge as president, the youths who wanted a sincere straight forward honest leader have no choice but to follow the example of criminality.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by chikason22(m): 10:24am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:
Lol. America has their own issues right now, with other world powers trying to abandon the dollar thereby crashing the American economy. They're not going to have that time and energy assisting you people remove a Yakubucally selected president
Next time use your head . I have fixed it well for you
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Chuksleader(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2023
The way our young men and women get so swayed and easily indoctrinated due tribal sentiments makes me cry.
How can a young man or woman in his/her right senses and someone who would like to have a brighter future be supporting what APC and its leaders are doing in this country?
THE YOUTHS FOR THAT MATTER.
This is unbelievable.
Infact it is finished.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by MeineMutter: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2023
VIKTO83:

I'm Igbo by tribe. In as much as I don't support obi and his Obi supporters supporters and their mirage wishes, I take exception to calling my tribe 'Dot in a circle'.
Be guided.

Oh o. So you know I am talking about those from erosioncapital of the world?

Blame one of your torchbearers who christened you DotInACircle after a politician joked about the name.

He even printed a T-shirt with the inscription and wore it on national TV and you his tribesmen applauded him.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 10:32am On Apr 07, 2023
VIKTO83:
And who did u write when Trump was rigged out?
U guys always overestimate America.
U think America has d right to interfere in our democracy?
Shame on u Chimamanda...i was thinking u actually knew how things operate.
Chimamanda is waisting her time, criminals have taken over Nigeria, America can't help, anyone who doesn't want to join the new government of criminality should quietly relocate, for your information, NDLEA has now been designated as Nigerian Drug Lords Empowerment Agency, and other agencies and parastatals will soon be designated and reassigned to function in accordance with the dictates of the new criminal government. Anyone who doesn't like it can leave the country.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by chikason22(m): 10:32am On Apr 07, 2023
Mynd44:
Wait, you want Bidden to intervene in the Democratic process of a sovereign state?

Attero Dominatus!
I always knew your side of the divide. Don't vote for me because of tribe or religion but vote for me because of competence, honesty, character and integrity. Tinubu does not posees such quality and you know it. Think about your country first before those useless and gready politicians. Those mandate thieves..
A drug lord cannot be president. The people that voted Tinubu is not enough to make him president. He had to steal Obi's votes to make up his own. Once a criminal is always a criminal
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by dannex4adx(m): 10:33am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/1644024591919067137?t=iBbeMsT06-3qXPdVDe7U7Q&s=19

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/nigerias-hollow-democracy/673647/

Two statements that can describe this letter.
1. Flogging a dead horse.
2. Dead on arrival.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Creeper: 10:33am On Apr 07, 2023
whippersnapper:
i thought she won it for half a yellow sun

Shemanmanthe has never won any prestigious literary award. Nobel Prize Laureate is a stretch when she’s never even won Man Booker Prize nor Pulitzer Prize.

She’s a bigot with more notoriety for promoting feminism in Africa - than her books. She has only written one half-decent book - Half of a Yellow Sun - which was based on Igbo trauma.

Stop comparing this mediocre writer to Prof. Wole Soyinka. They don’t belong in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Princelumide: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2023
So, what's does she want america to do to Nigerian leaders?
Tell them to kneel down and raise up their hands?
Since her papa and mama na america abi?
America is more corrupt when it comes to vote rigging in their own country cos voting is done electronically and which allows them to bring in hackers from Russia to fine tune the election results... Ask uncle Donalp trump

cheesy angry shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Originalsly: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

Lol. America has their own issues right now, with other world powers trying to abandon the dollar thereby crashing the American economy. They're not going to have that time and energy assisting you people remove democratically elected president

I hear you ... but the letter can be used as an invitation for the US to put foot in Nigeria on the pretext of defending democracy if the US decides a military base is needed in its strategy to confront China and Russia. No doubt... they can care less about democracy in Nigeria .... or what happens to Nigerians .... as we can see in Ukraine.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Poll23: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2023
These bigots are distancing themselves from Nigeria's presidency.... I'll how sane other tribes will support them next term
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Creeper: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2023
VIKTO83:

Be guided.

As an Igbo, what do you think about your folks dragging Prof. Wole Soyinka and all Yoruba people because the man gave a balanced opinion?

If you don’t want your ethnic group to be collateral damage due to the inherent behaviour of some of your brothers and sisters - you might need to tell your tribesmen that Yoruba icons are off limit.

The timing of Shemanmanthe’s idiotic letter is also very suspicious. I don’t know who gassed her up but she’s mediocre at best.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 10:41am On Apr 07, 2023
Putindbutt:

Nobody is shopping for congratulatory gestures from anywhere. Congratulatory messages are pouring in from foreign Governments willingly. The bitch is frustrated that United States Department, UK Government, China, and many others have been congratulating the President•elect and Washington Post had headlined the election as credible and its process democratic. Tell that bitch to snap out of her sleep and brace up for Tinubu's 8 years presidency or use a sniper. If she was much concerned, she would have written to Biden to provide security against ipob terrorists beheading and slicing the vaginas of her mother's in the Southeast. This is about the third letter she was writing to Biden since Obi lost the election, we no go drink water drop cup because an ibo man lost election?. Be reminded that the fate of MKO will never repeat itself ever again, you will be met with a stronger force this time.
what criminals hate most is being exposed, what Chimamanda has elaborated here is not new to Nigerians and the world, but there's nothing the world can do about it, since Nigerians say they don't mind a criminal being their president, leave them alone, if the man performs well, everybody will enjoy it, if he doesn't, well, we will complain as usual
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Ellasure: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Make she kukuma join politics

She is a just a talkshop she has no liver for practical politicking. She is at best Obama handbag woman.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Themandator: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

But liar is in America trying to get her support even with the dollar war and the same America just visited Ghana
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by toba1909(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:

Mumu
Continue to wail like bushbaby.
Tinubu will be sworn in God's willing and nothing can stop him from ruling this country aside the same God that ordained him
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2023
Saga16:

Ordinary phone call revealed his nature.

Anyway, Obi would never be Nigeria's president.

Better for you lot to start shopping for his replacement.
you're correct, it difficult for people like Obi to become president in a country like Nigeria, I don't know whether God has rejected Nigeria, a sincere man and a criminal cannot contest election in Nigeria, the criminal will always win even when they didn't vote for him,
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Ellasure: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2023
Originalsly:

I hear you ... but the letter can be used as an invitation for the US to put foot in Nigeria on the pretext of defending democracy if the US decides a military base is needed in its strategy to confront China and Russia. No doubt... they can care less about democracy in Nigeria .... or what happens to Nigerians .... as we can see in Ukraine.

Be aware too, Joe Biden is not a man with true American respect and love. The American army currently can not fill full quotas for military recruitment because many whites people are just not feeling well with the Biden and his democratic party initiatives.

American army can not take on Nigerian people because we are not Libya or Ukraine. Nigerian people eyes are sharp and will discover the truth soonest and pursue consequences far greater than invading forces can comprehend. Adichie and the likes are just imagining vain things.

Everything must not resolve to war and use of weapons of war. Nigeria can not be wished away but worked upon to get to desired heaven.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by kleuvet92: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

This is one of the major reasons you people lost the election. You insult any and every one who doesn't seem to be on your side, forgetting that who doesn't support you today can support you tomorrow. But when you insult people willy nilly, you tend to make enemies for life. And the worst kind of enemy you can make is one whose real identity you don't even know

The fact still remains that the electioneering process was marred with gross irregularities that even a blind man can see. I supported Rabiu Kwankwaso and I strongly believe that he scored more votes than Tinubu. You call a bad thing good thing, it will will surely come back to finish you. Kama is real!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Jimiyung(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2023
Who made her judge, jury and executioner? Anyway, overplaying your importance is not a crime.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Badguy77(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

This is one of the major reasons you people lost the election. You insult any and every one who doesn't seem to be on your side, forgetting that who doesn't support you today can support you tomorrow. But when you insult people willy nilly, you tend to make enemies for life. And the worst kind of enemy you can make is one whose real identity you don't even know
my friend gettout

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2023
Goke7:

If the election is conducted again obi still cannot win not even with that Yes Daddy film.

Obi knew this last election was his best chance especially with the way buhari worked against his own party but he has to let go now and stop being a nuisance
the truth is that the LAW, the POLICE, INEC, APC, are on one side, and DEMOCRACY on the other side, how can democracy possibly win in this kind of contest, after Jonathan, it is madness for any Nigerian to expect a free and fair election in Nigeria,
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by PopQueenAgency: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2023
Mynd44:
Wait, you want Bidden to intervene in the Democratic process of a sovereign state?

Attero Dominatus!

It's "Biden" not "Bidden." You're so blinded by bigotry you can't see the wood for the trees.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by themanderon: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2023
idealogical:

Their rage and evil designs has nothing to do with the election or losing elections, this biafra woman, obi and their followers are all about destroying Nigeria, demarketing Nigeria, create chaos and instability in Nigeria, this is their main goal, they care less about Nigeria.

Americans are still fighting Biden over his own election, they had their own Jan 6th insurrection that already sent countless Obidient/like people to prison for years.

Obi himself knew he won't win the election, it was all about destroying Nigeria and forcing the break up of Nigeria to get his biafra through the back door, this is their agenda.

Imagine writing the American president to insert himself into Nigeria's internal and political affairs of a friendly country just because you lost an election, and not only lost sec, but came dead last, not 2nd, but 3rd.

This woman hates Nigeria, she never loved Nigeria to start with.

They must think Americans are not smart and intelligent enough to see through their evil and idiotic agenda.

Thank God Nigerians rejected your obi and his dangerous, bigoted and ethnic agenda.

The fraudulent elections held by those in power has already done all those things you said up there. The problem with you people is your inability to think right and do what is ight and you blindly follow those in power without asking important question and it is little wonder we are at the lowest we can be as a country. Why will inec not do as it said it will do? Why will the people go to great lengths to vote and then some criminals would sit in the comfort of their offices to subvert the will of the people. Why is it so difficult to do the simplest of all things which many African countries have done without squabbles which is holding free and fair elections? And when the people complain about these anomalies you say they are de-marketing Nigeria nay but Nigeria is de-marketing itself because of the crude brigandage with which we do things and the shamelessness of our leaders and misguided followers like you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by PopQueenAgency: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:
Who made her judge, jury and executioner? Anyway, overplaying your importance is not a crime.

Your fifth agbado generation into the future can't hold a candle to her.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by idealogical: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2023
Why are they all like this?

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ambode Places Permanent Ban On VIO Officials, FRSC From State Roads / Governor Ambode And Lagosians Hailing Him (Photo) / Cameroonian Ambazonia Militants Invade Nigeria, Gun Down 20 In Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.