Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections (38372 Views)

Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court / Chimamanda Adichie Writes To Obiano - ABBA : My Hometown Under Siege / Dele Momodu Writes A Letter To Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Ellasure: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2023
edetic:
America is not the last hope of Nigerians, God is the last hope, if God will allow APC and INEC's criminality to stand, so be it, if criminals like Tinubu will emerge as president, the youths who wanted a sincere straight forward honest leader have no choice but to follow the example of criminality.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. But it will be better that you don't let Tinubu fake criminal records live rent-free in your medulla oblongata. That is surely more shameful.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Koralords: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2023
Mynd44:
Wait, you want Bidden to intervene in the Democratic process of a sovereign state?

Attero Dominatus!
That’s what’s annoying me ,so American will cancel Nigeria’s election ,what do they expect the USA to do that’s what am waiting for them
To tell me

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by PopQueenAgency: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2023
toba1909:

Mumu
Continue to wail like bushbaby.
Tinubu will be sworn in God's willing and nothing can stop him from ruling this country aside the same God that ordained him

You might be corn-fident Tinubu will be sworn in , but Tinubu himself isn't. Hence the attacks on the Labour party leadership to force them to withdraw their lawful petition. You can't say go to court, then picket the court, too.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2023
edetic:
the truth is that the LAW, the POLICE, INEC, APC, are on one side, and DEMOCRACY on the other side, how can democracy possibly win in this kind of contest, after Jonathan, it is madness for any Nigerian to expect a free and fair election in Nigeria,
they have thugs and guns, the only thing that democracy has is PVC, which cannot save life when faced with guns and bullets from thugs, the only other thing democracy has in advantage over their enemies is their overwhelming numbers,
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2023
idealogical:

God is omnipotent, God knows all and sees all, God determines winners and losers and we attribute everything in life to God and his wishes.

Asiwaju's victory was ordained by God and Obi is the loser because he's not God's choice.

If you have issues with Asiwaju's victory, take your case to God.
God does not hate Nigeria enough to give us a criminal as president, no matter what we have done wrong, it has not reached the extent that a criminal will now rule us, are we worse than America or France in iniquity?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Lacash: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/1644024591919067137?t=iBbeMsT06-3qXPdVDe7U7Q&s=19

Nigeria’s Hollow Democracy
Why is America congratulating the winner of this disastrous election?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/nigerias-hollow-democracy/673647/

The ones wey him Papa don dey write tey tey, kilo fi da??….Yeye dey smell😄😄
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by PopQueenAgency: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Invest4growth:
What is disastrous about the election? Free us please. Did she participate in the process. Is she not commenting on hear say. Anywhere LP looses was rigged. With the posture of a section of the society, it is very doubtful if they can be trusted with leadership. Obasanjo us now advising Tinubu. The election is not bad after all. We await court verdict up till supreme court. Some people don't even know who they should fight whether APC, or Tinubu or Buhati or voters. Empty barrels make the loudest noise. Where were they when they were cannibalizing PDP. A house dividend against itself cannot stand or win. What a shame. Even senate presidency is not sure for south east. Grandstanding will not do it. Constructive engagements will do it. Leaders do their home work well in a complex and unpredictable society like ours not making threatening phone calls. I am a Christian and Redeemer but I voted for Tinubu not because he is Yoruba man but because I was not convinced on any other candidate. Also I have a neighbor that hated Tinubu but also voted for him during the election because he got convinced in his capacity to put plans to work. Face reality and do the needful. Those shouting change lacks capacity and unemployable. We cannot open the borders for rubbish trading. We need to ban the importation of more products

You ahistorical numbskulls are repeating what the Nazis did after annihilating 6 million Jews. Nazis claimed the obliteration never took place. Jewish people started writing books about the experience, made visceral movies about naked mothers carrying babies as they were ushered into the gas chambers. They won the war over misinformation.

We will beat you all at your own game. I have presently commissioned 5 graphic artists in the US to document the gory nature of the elections, the Igbos being targeted, stabbed, shot at, Yoruba being prevented from voting because thugs mistook them for Igbo, ballot snatching everywhere, falsifying of results, especially, and glaringly, in Rivers. Crawl back into your crack in the wall and await the onslaught.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by CursedOsuPigs: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
APC think they can white wash this armed robbery of an election by deploying Soyinka.😆😆😆.

The international media war has started dudes.

Noble Laurette vs Noble Laurette.

How is Chimamanda a Nobel Laureate holder? When was she given?

Nobel Laureate in what?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by HoneySwag(f): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2023
Maryloveth:

Your hypocrisy stinks.
You guys were literally pleading for Biden to congratulate your drug daddy few weeks ago .

Minister lie was in USA just as recently as this week to tarnish his families image at the international stage ,and you didn't condemn that and realize that Nigeria is a sovereign country ?
Like I said, your hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

She actually didn't ask them to intervene,but in your mischievous desperation and bias,you decided to create a false narrative to suit your bigotry and bias.
You can do better.
At least try reason small... Congratulation and intervention no be the same thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by CursedOsuPigs: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:

But you guys were shopping for Congratulations from them for a supposed President Select of a sovereign state.

Hypocrite

You seem to be living in oblivion. America has already congratulated the president-elect.

Read the article again...now slowly.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by edetic: 11:16am On Apr 07, 2023
justifyme:
i want to ask you a question, just answer it in your mind!! And also be truthful to yourself,Was this election free and fair??
you have to understand that from the criminal mindset of this people, the criminal process for which the election was conducted makes it the best election ever conducted by INEC, their intentions were criminal from the onset, it's only unfortunate that Nigerians were deceived to believe in their PVCs, in the next election, nobody is coming out to vote, Tinubu will just be declared winner unopposed,
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by PremiumTech: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:
Lol. America has their own issues right now, with other world powers trying to abandon the dollar thereby crashing the American economy. They're not going to have that time and energy assisting you people remove democratically elected president

So what is Lai Muhammed doing in Washington? Abeg shift.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by legallysly: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
APC think they can white wash this armed robbery of an election by deploying Soyinka.😆😆😆.

When did Chimamanda become a Nobel Laureate?

And how did she arrive at the conclusion that 70% of those who voted in the Presidential Elections were less than 30years?

Did she go to all the Polling Units in Nigeria? I doubt if she was even able to go beyond those in Anambra (Ukpo most especially).

I enjoy her books, but politics is not the natural habitat of the revered Chimamanda. Reeling out unverified statistics is unhealthy for the very delicate political atmosphere that we currently inhabit and people like Chimamanda with their international reach should be far more circumspect in their writings and utterances than the average Joe.

Petitions have been filed and defences will follow. After that, let all those who have no expertise in such areas leave it to the experts (the learned Justices of the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court and the hardworking lawyers) to decide.

I am curious though. What if Obi had won, in the face of these alleged malpractices that she has so copiously mentioned? Would she still have gone ahead to write to President Biden on behalf of say, Atiku or Tinubu? I am sure we know the answer to that.

I am also surprised that she has not referred even remotely, to the alleged rigging and intimidation that occured in the East (where Obi won so comprehensively).

In the end, the aspersions on the credibility of the process appear to have manifested only because Obi, her preferred candidate, did not win; nothing more.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Nuliberry: 11:36am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:

NOBEL LAUREATE
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by basybasy: 11:40am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/1644024591919067137?t=iBbeMsT06-3qXPdVDe7U7Q&s=19

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/nigerias-hollow-democracy/673647/

What do u expect from Igbo mole? Igbo is always Igbo, because Igbo lives with sentiments and does not see anything good apart from what it wants. It is only a mad element can believe that obi won

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by gawu1: 11:41am On Apr 07, 2023
Reelmii:
the letter is even coming from someone who is not in Nigeria...if war start, she no go near here grin...she go only write book about the war then come back to Nigeria after the war to sell the books grin
She even care less to come and vote for her prefer candidate because of fear of those her afghanieastan brothers, the world number 10 terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by mystical109(m): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2023
omoluka:

There is no difference between Obi and obidient. I supported Obi during the last election but his conduct and that of Datti post election has given them away . Obi and datti are not different from other Nigerian politicians.
I supported Obi because i believe it is the turn of the south east to produce the president not because of what he did or what he did not do when he was the governor of Anambra state.

Obidient are alienating people ( core supporters like me) from this movement every hour through their conduct online .
Shut up you swine. You didn't vote LP and you are very stupid for saying you voted because you believe it's SE turn, it's a very foolish thing to say
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Jimiyung(m): 11:51am On Apr 07, 2023
I hope you have the energy to wail forever.
PopQueenAgency:

Your fifth agbado generation into the future can't hold a candle to her.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by RexTramadol1: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2023
Very funny write up

Her first comedy.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by 12inchess: 11:54am On Apr 07, 2023
I can't wait until Obidients start cursing Biden out as a paid BAT supporter because he does align with them. grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Agboogashi: 11:55am On Apr 07, 2023
Mynd44:
Wait, you want Bidden to intervene in the Democratic process of a sovereign state?

Attero Dominatus!
What's sovereign about the zoo. Hypocrite.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by ComeToJesus: 11:57am On Apr 07, 2023
Mynd44:

Attero Dominatus!

Is that all that you were able to glean from her letter?

It's easier to wake a man that is truly sleeping than the one that is pretending to be asleep.

Since you chosed to be narrow-minded and subjective, enjoy yourself.

So much dishonesty in the affairs of men..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by djon78(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
idealogical:

Their rage and evil designs has nothing to do with the election or losing elections, this biafra woman, obi and their followers are all about destroying Nigeria, demarketing Nigeria, create chaos and instability in Nigeria, this is their main goal, they care less about Nigeria.

Americans are still fighting Biden over his own election, they had their own Jan 6th insurrection that already sent countless Obidient/like people to prison for years.

Obi himself knew he won't win the election, it was all about destroying Nigeria and forcing the break up of Nigeria to get his biafra through the back door, this is their agenda.

Imagine writing the American president to insert himself into Nigeria's internal and political affairs of a friendly country just because you lost an election, and not only lost sec, but came dead last, not 2nd, but 3rd.

This woman hates Nigeria, she never loved Nigeria to start with.

They must think Americans are not smart and intelligent enough to see through their evil and idiotic agenda.

Thank God Nigerians rejected your obi and his dangerous, bigoted and ethnic agenda.

She is miles and levels above you all and your principals

She is well connected

Personal friends with the Obama's and the Clinton's. Visited them even in there houses, that's how close she is with them

And Obama and the Clinton's have Bidens ears

Her pedigree and levels
None of una politicians including Buhari can match it

Mtschew....

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by charlypoker(m): 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:

Very sound and correct.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by finni(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
So Chimanda that could not differentiate between a feminist and a woman has become a noble Laurette to you?

Nonny95:

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Boykid9: 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
She's very right smiley
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by stanbright(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
DoTheNeedful:
She is just another pained, disgruntled Obidient. undecided

Some people also disagreed with the process that brought Biden into power in 2020. There is nothing new here.
Thats why you are in poverty.nothing new there
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Creeper: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
whippersnapper:
well she made a name for herself. it ain't easy. Soyinka na mad man now. His Interpreters confirmed it

Anyone can sell his/her soul to become famous.

The lil ugly and stocky midget, Rinu Oduala, is 22 (I think) and she has also “made a name for herself” by working for American NGOs to promote Orange Revolution in Nigeria. And she’s out there in DC now enjoying life. Ditto the rag wearing ugly nuisance, Aisha Yesufu.

Soyinka will always tower above every Igbo writer dead or alive.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by omoluka: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2023
mystical109:
Shut up you swine. You didn't vote LP and you are very stupid for saying you voted because you believe it's SE turn, it's a very foolish thing to say
Jeez! I am very foolish for airing my views? This is exactly what i am saying, you guys called people with different opinion all sorts of names on social media . All the best to you , the obidient and Peter obi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is / AMAECHI REACTS: Trashes All The Allegations Against Him / Dino Melaye: "Buhari, Sack Adeosun, Emefiele And Udoma"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.