Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections (38363 Views)

Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court / Chimamanda Adichie Writes To Obiano - ABBA : My Hometown Under Siege / Dele Momodu Writes A Letter To Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Occurstaem(m): 9:37am On Apr 07, 2023
I just don't know why they are pained over the election in Yorubaland of Lagos state.
Even Chimamanda isn't left out.

ChiefJusticeFuc:
Let me use this autistic thread to post a topic I have been trying to create before it leaves my mind. NL servers are currently overwhelmed like Amaka's puna on a Friday night in a brothel.

Heebo reaction to Yoruba rejection vs Arewa quit notice to Igbos

This thing Yoruba people did to Heebo , which is simply : "don't meddle in our local politics", did not result in one hair being plucked from an Osu's flat head. But Osus are truly livid and upset to the point that they are now seriously (threatening as always) to leave the SW and Lagos in particular for their yeast.

Wow!

Yoruba rejection of heebo meddling really hurt the OSU.

But what of that of Arewa's ongoing court case seeking Heebo expulsion from Nigeria ? How did the osus react to this ?

Pin dropped silence .

Not one single counter . Not even a single sentence . All we got were dead silence.

This is the north that has shed heebo blood like fowl. This is the north that Igbos are adept in knowing when to do a temporary exodus only to return when things cool down.

The most shameless aspect was that the heebo community leadership in the north went on their knees begging to northern authority figures in Arewa to rescind and withdraw their quit notice order.

But Yoruba that has never done any targeted pogrom on the heebo or discriminated against them as they suffer in the fundamentalist moslem north are "the most evil racist tribe" for telling the heebo to take their votes to the yeast.

It seems the rejection by the Yoruba of the heebo really pain dem.

Could this be because they know deep down that they really fcked up with the only nationality that has been accommodating to them and that which was the only welcoming one to Igbos after the civil war ?

The heebo is now tearing his Nigerian passport over what transpired during the gubernatorial elections in Lagos.

They did not tear their passport when Obi lost.

No. They decided to tear their passport over the state elections in Lagos that had only Yoruba candidates on the ballot.

They made it clear that their renouncing of their Nigerian citizenship is over the outcome and conduct of the Lagos gubernatorial elections .

They did not tear their passport over the wanton killings by thugs in places like Anambra, IMO , Ebonyi , Enugu and Abia The thuggery in the yeast elections was of no concern to these diaspora osus rather it was that of Lagos , a Yoruba state and land.

Omo Yoruba , your rejection of the osu really pain am pass all the osus killed in northern Nigeria by abokis since 1945.

Nah your "OSU mind your business and stay off our internal politics " dey pain them.

What I do know now is that the average OSU is seriously in love with the Yoruba and his way of life and wishes deep down he was one.

Can you pls find in your heart to forgive the heebo and allow them a soft landing to cone back by simply telling them "ehn sorry. But you no say nah you start this thing, oya come back to Lagos ".

Chai!

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Chizillar1(m): 9:38am On Apr 07, 2023
Nigerians especially the youths should stop being docile and stand up for justice in it's democratic process of it's various institutions.

Together, we can catapult growth of this very nation by multiple of 10 if we all stand up for right and justice all the time, no matter whose interest gored. Small differences can make big difference overtime.

My concern is the process. Let the process be transparent. Let Nigerians be carried along. I am a good fan of the major contestants. There are always leadership attributes to learn from them.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Invest4growth: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2023
What is disastrous about the election? Free us please. Did she participate in the process. Is she not commenting on hear say. Anywhere LP looses was rigged. With the posture of a section of the society, it is very doubtful if they can be trusted with leadership. Obasanjo us now advising Tinubu. The election is not bad after all. We await court verdict up till supreme court. Some people don't even know who they should fight whether APC, or Tinubu or Buhati or voters. Empty barrels make the loudest noise. Where were they when they were cannibalizing PDP. A house dividend against itself cannot stand or win. What a shame. Even senate presidency is not sure for south east. Grandstanding will not do it. Constructive engagements will do it. Leaders do their home work well in a complex and unpredictable society like ours not making threatening phone calls. I am a Christian and Redeemer but I voted for Tinubu not because he is Yoruba man but because I was not convinced on any other candidate. Also I have a neighbor that hated Tinubu but also voted for him during the election because he got convinced in his capacity to put plans to work. Face reality and do the needful. Those shouting change lacks capacity and unemployable. We cannot open the borders for rubbish trading. We need to ban the importation of more products

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Vadese1: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2023
Good one Chimada. The old man Soyinka was speaking from both side of his mouth supporting a fraudulent election that produce a drug Lord as a president. Soyinka was never different from the ordinary Nigeria politician. He is part of APC . He was used to label Jonathan with all kinds of bad name. Even went as far to abuse Jonathan wife. History will forever remember him for destroying modern Nigeria
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by excel4us: 9:46am On Apr 07, 2023
idealogical:

Their rage and evil designs has nothing to do with the election or losing elections, this biafra woman, obi and their followers are all about destroying Nigeria, demarketing Nigeria, create chaos and instability in Nigeria, this is their main goal, they care less about Nigeria.

Americans are still fighting Biden over his own election, they had their own Jan 6th insurrection that already sent countless Obidient/like people to prison for years.

Obi himself knew he won't win the election, it was all about destroying Nigeria and forcing the break up of Nigeria to get his biafra through the back door, this is their agenda.

Imagine writing the American president to insert himself into Nigeria's internal and political affairs of a friendly country just because you lost an election, and not only lost sec, but came dead last, not 2nd, but 3rd.

This woman hates Nigeria, she never loved Nigeria to start with.

They must think Americans are not smart and intelligent enough to see through their evil and idiotic agenda.

Thank God Nigerians rejected your obi and his dangerous, bigoted and ethnic agenda.
You sound opposite of your name. Where you not in Nigeria when the election was held and you didn’t want people to speak their mind? What happened to freedom of speech and democracy? Let us embrace peace please
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Larryndelaw: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2023
That's why qw said OBi is an ethnic candidates. See the people.making noise and letters plus protest. They are all IGBO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by JDJ4: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2023
Thanks for speaking on behalf of young Nigerians who wanted change in our dear country but were denied the opportunity to have a better country. You really voiced it out and your voice are heard loud and clear. God bless you for speaking the truth. You made mention of many young Nigerians who never voted before but made up their minds to vote for the first time in their lives because they wanted a better country and enough is enough, of which I'm among them. But lastly our hopes were compromised and manipulated right before our own eyes because we have no power to challenge those in authority. Someone like me I have made up my mind never to vote again but it won't change anything. I must continue to do my own part and leave the rest for God. God bless Nigeria
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by aylipple: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2023
LMAO.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by MeineMutter: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2023
VIKTO83:
And who did u write when Trump was rigged out?
U guys always overestimate America.
U think America has d right to interfere in our democracy?
Shame on u Chimamanda...i was thinking u actually knew how things operate.

She’s pained by the defeat Pandora suffered. Her tribe didn’t expect it. O ba won l’ojiji gaaan.

She’s also being pushed by her fellow clans of losers from DotInACircle generation.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by omoluka: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2023
DMerciful:
Are you supporting random people or focusing on Obi? If what you are looking for in a president is in Obi, are yoj going to look at the guy on the street to make a decision?

Do you go to church because of the behaviors of some members in the church?
There is no difference between Obi and obidient. I supported Obi during the last election but his conduct and that of Datti post election has given them away . Obi and datti are not different from other Nigerian politicians.
I supported Obi because i believe it is the turn of the south east to produce the president not because of what he did or what he did not do when he was the governor of Anambra state.

Obidient are alienating people ( core supporters like me) from this movement every hour through their conduct online .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Larryndelaw: 9:50am On Apr 07, 2023
MonkeyMods:

Thunder fire you and your nonsense mod job. Idiot

Bloody bastard like you

Coconut head omo ale jatijati

Senseless comment

You ban people anyhow as if you are a god
Demon
This is why OBi and Obidient are Toxi . Name ailing, Harrasing people . Obi will.never be president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:
Lol. America has their own issues right now,

They're not going to have that time and energy assisting you people remove democratically elected president

Whenever you get time,, read the LOOONG something all over again.

You're responding based on what your brain conjured,, and not based on what was written inside the letter.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by whippersnapper(m): 9:52am On Apr 07, 2023
Creeper:

When did Shemanmanthe win the Nobel Prize Laureate?

i thought she won it for half a yellow sun
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by DMCY: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2023
[quote author=Nonny95 post=122340838]Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/

Nigerians always seem to forget the fact that ‘Nigeria is a sovereign country’ all these letter won’t make Biden come to Nigeria and say the election is not valid! If there’s any fault in the election, it’s the duty of Nigerians to say that out loud to the current government not another sovereign state that has absolutely nothing to do with una country.

Just an observation sha.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by flokii: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2023
Typical Igbo woman.. no difference from likes of Okonjo Iweala and that ugly Ezekwesili.

Tinubu won the election fair and square.. you can't tell me he rigged and still lost Lagos. If you or any of your kinsmen feel aggrieved, then go to court. UK, US and whatnot can't do shlt about election outcome in Nigeria as we are not under colonial rule.

Thank God Tinubu's spokesperson Bayo Onanuga made it clear that Igbos won't have anything to do with Lagos politics after this 2023.. If you doubt, go and do anyhow and see if you won't be dealt with and expelled from Yorubaland in line with extant United Nations guidelines and frameworks.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2023
idealogical:

Their rage and evil designs has nothing to do with the election or losing elections, this biafra woman, obi and their followers are all about destroying Nigeria, demarketing Nigeria, create chaos and instability in Nigeria, this is their main goal, they care less about Nigeria.

Americans are still fighting Biden over his own election, they had their own Jan 6th insurrection that already sent countless Obidient/like people to prison for years.

Obi himself knew he won't win the election, it was all about destroying Nigeria and forcing the break up of Nigeria to get his biafra through the back door, this is their agenda.

Imagine writing the American president to insert himself into Nigeria's internal and political affairs of a friendly country just because you lost an election, and not only lost sec, but came dead last, not 2nd, but 3rd.

They must think Americans are not smart and intelligent enough to see through their evil and idiotic agenda.

Thank God Nigerians rejected your obi and his dangerous, bigoted and ethnic agenda.

This Nonsense you just wrote now,, how does it sound to you when you were reading it all over again??
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by DMerciful(m): 9:56am On Apr 07, 2023
Obi said you shouldn't vote for him on the basis of being from the SE or being a Christian, that it should be based on competence, character and capacity.

You did not listen so it'd suffice to say that you weren't obidient.
omoluka:

There is no difference between Obi and obidient. I supported Obi during the last election but his conduct and that of Datti post election has given them away . Obi and datti are not different from other Nigerian politicians.
I supported Obi because i believe it is the turn of the south east to produce the president not because of what he did or what he did not do when he was the governor of Anambra state.

Obidient are alienating people ( core supporters like me) from this movement every hour through their conduct online .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by fubsy: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Make she kukuma join politics
She does not need to join politics. We all saw the brazen robbery and transportation of votes from Labour Party to APC. Let our conscience dictate our comments. What about the threat, and harassments and prevention of a certain group of voters, who APC feared will massively vote for the Labour Party?
Does she need to be a politician to know that the Supreme Court has been bringing out questionable decisions, particularly in political cases?
Does she need to be a politician to know that corruption is rife, and politicians are major players in corrupt practices? Or, is it that you do not know the ridiculous way the primaries of the APC and PDP played out?
Does she need to be a politician to know that with the way Nigeria is going, the future of the country is bleak? If your judiciary is highly compromised; your police protects the corrupt against the innocent; your legislature is full of corrupt politicians; and your presidency is full of people with questionable character, what future does your country have?
Do you think of your children, or you are just thinking of the now and your pocket?
If we need true positive change for Nigeria, let us support the quest for true transformation of the Nigeria.
Two men (Peter Obi and Datti) has come out with a team of sane and corrupt-free Nigerians to sacrifice their time to revive this country, and some paid "Yessah" men and working day and night to discredit them, but giving credit to some people with questionable character.
I support Chimamanda's letter.
I also support that the hearing of the electoral petitions to be in the open. Let the proceedings be televised. After all, we are all entitled to attend because hearing is supposed to be in the public, but the courtrooms cannot contain all of us. We are all interested in not just the outcome, but also the process that will lead to the decision.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by JDJ4: 9:59am On Apr 07, 2023
Who is talking about Biafra here, what does Biafra got to do with free and fair election? You don't have to call her a Biafra woman because she spoke the truth, she spoke the minds of young disappointed Nigerians, she spoke how the election was manipulated and you know it. Let's speak the truth. This is not about Tribalism or religion but about Nigeria being a better country that we all want. Every process must be legal and transparency.
idealogical:

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Flamezreal(m): 10:00am On Apr 07, 2023
Invest4growth:
What is disastrous about the election? Free us please. Did she participate in the process. Is she not commenting on hear say. Anywhere LP looses was rigged. With the posture of a section of the society, it is very doubtful if they can be trusted with leadership. Obasanjo us now advising Tinubu. The election is not bad after all. We await court verdict up till supreme court. Some people don't even know who they should fight whether APC, or Tinubu or Buhati or voters. Empty barrels make the loudest noise. Where were they when they were cannibalizing PDP. A house dividend against itself cannot stand or win. What a shame. Even senate presidency is not sure for south east. Grandstanding will not do it. Constructive engagements will do it. Leaders do their home work well in a complex and unpredictable society like ours not making threatening phone calls. I am a Christian and Redeemer but I voted for Tinubu not because he is Yoruba man but because I was not convinced on any other candidate. Also I have a neighbor that hated Tinubu but also voted for him during the election because he got convinced in his capacity to put plans to work. Face reality and do the needful. Those shouting change lacks capacity and unemployable. We cannot open the borders for rubbish trading. We need to ban the importation of more products
Same here, I took my decision at the last minute on the election day.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 10:00am On Apr 07, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Copied from a locked thread:

- This one thinks America that nearly had a war over their own election, has time to debate over who won or lost in Nigeria.

Just like Nigeria trying to aid some countries in fighting banditry and terrorism..

(But shamelessly, Nigeria is doing that already..
So, allow the US to make use of their own shamelessness too)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by crazygod(m): 10:01am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

This is one of the major reasons you people lost the election. You insult any and every one who doesn't seem to be on your side, forgetting that who doesn't support you today can support you tomorrow. But when you insult people willy nilly, you tend to make enemies for life. And the worst kind of enemy you can make is one whose real identity you don't even know
He is right. Your words reek hypocrisy.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by jconsulting(f): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2023
Mynd44:
Wait, you want Bidden to intervene in the Democratic process of a sovereign state?

Attero Dominatus!

Just wait for it, by the time Biden fail to respond or say anything contrary to suite the Obi supporters, you will see how they will come for Biden head

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by yommygift15: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

This is one of the major reasons you people lost the election. You insult any and every one who doesn't seem to be on your side, forgetting that who doesn't support you today can support you tomorrow. But when you insult people willy nilly, you tend to make enemies for life. And the worst kind of enemy you can make is one whose real identity you don't even know
I dey tell u, the only reason I distanced myself from the so called movement, u won in May be 10 states or so and u're claiming to come first in an election involve northaners that can't identify truth from false?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Elem1: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

Can you please be logical because you make very little or no sense.
How much do you guys earn for posts like this?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:

Yes!!

But your information Minister is still in Washington DC to whitewash the election.

Hypocrite

They tried gathering zombies in Washington dc for protest...

Did it eventually take place.. According to Portable is only Baboons that will make themselves available..... Baboons that live in zoo . They just migrated to another region to exhibit their foolishness.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by goslowgoslow(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:

Yes!!

But your information Minister is still in Washington DC to whitewash the election.

Hypocrite
So wetin Biden go come do? Rubbish.. make una dey waste una time. Nigeria is a sovereign state.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by ShaqFu: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/1644024591919067137?t=iBbeMsT06-3qXPdVDe7U7Q&s=19

Nigeria’s Hollow Democracy
Why is America congratulating the winner of this disastrous election?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/nigerias-hollow-democracy/673647/
what's with all this nonsense shalaye. And what does writing a letter to Biden prove? Like you expect him to interfere in our domestic politics?

I know believe we are the ones who always make the white man feel relevant because of this our nonsense attitude of always running to them for help.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by sogodihno: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2023
Maryloveth:

Your hypocrisy stinks.
You guys were literally pleading for Biden to congratulate your drug daddy few weeks ago .

Just shatap! To hell with Biden, who cares?

Nigeria is a sovereign state, 10 thousands Biden and 20millon ibos can't remove Tinubu. You can cry your eyes out, Tinubu will rule you and your papa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Again / Tinubu’s Probe Ongoing — Abdulrasheed Bawa, EFCC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.