Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? (6905 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by jayAjoku(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. This isn't of opinion but of scriptural fact. Jesus Christ never gave permission for the celebration of His death using His name. So anyone who engages in suicide ritual does so against Jesus Christ who never commanded it of His followers. undecided
facts but religious people who are scared of hell will disagree 😂🤣 because they’re scared of hell

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by savysu: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Christ didn't die on Friday....
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by candidbabe(f): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2023
Good Friday is a farce.
I am beginning to doubt some stories being written in the Bible.
How can they tell us that Christ stayed 3 days in the tomb .
Whereas Friday night when they said Christ died to Sunday morning when he resurrected is not up to 3 days.

Mehn the story is not adding up

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by AllenforGOD(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2023
Obavenmo:
Make person no eat meat
abeg catholics wallows in delusions and are in connection to Anti christ.
they don't allign to Jesus's Teaching.
where Jesus talk kpe make una no chop meat?nothing like Good useless friday.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kwinity(f): 9:14am On Apr 07, 2023
He died on the cross because of me, he shed his blood just because me... cryHe died on the cross because of me, he shed his blood just because me...

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Whoknow: 9:19am On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. This isn't of opinion but of scriptural fact. Jesus Christ never gave permission for the celebration of His death using His name. So anyone who engages in suicide ritual does so against Jesus Christ who never commanded it of His followers. undecided
First are you a Christian or who are you to begin with, if yes you are a Christian what kind of faith do practice.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by ucheuzor1(m): 9:21am On Apr 07, 2023
It means a day to take holiday and chill from work.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by nairaland2: 9:27am On Apr 07, 2023
When One Good Man took on Death so we may all live

May our lives justify His sacrifice

Amen.

Today I would be Introducting two 2odds rollover sources I and about 50 others have been using for months now.

Go search and join "IAJ ONLINE" On telegram to partake.

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by GreatAchiever1: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2023
mu2sa2:
"Good Friday is the day in which Christian and Catholic churches commemorate the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ."
Are Catholics churches different from Christian churches?
Yes, different doctrines.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by KnownUnknown: 10:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This ritual holiday has nothing to do with Jesus Christ as it instead has its roots in the religious establishments and companies that comprise Christianlty. undecided

Lol, are they into the same religious establishments and companies that gave you the story of Jesus?
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by MikeofAfrica: 10:14am On Apr 07, 2023
Felimax:
I celebrate Catholics here and globally who are observing today's commemoration of Christ death.

May we continue to be filled with His Divine Mercy. Do well if you can to go for Kissing of the cross.

If you can do well to abstain from meat, it's just a sign of respect to the One man Jesus Christ whose skin were ripped off and killed just to pay the everlasting price.

Do not argue with confused people or empty heads because salvation truly radiates from the inside. Do your penance, ask for mercy and may we all be filled with God's resurrection power - through Christ our Lord!

Shalom!

The best way you can honour Jesus Christ today is by rededicating your life to him, staying away from sin and winning souls for the kingdom of God.

Eating meat or not eating meat does not add any value to your spiritual life and your relationship with Jesus Christ.

Kissing of the Cross is an act of stupidity. What are you kissing a log of wood for? Jesus Christ is no longer on the Cross. He is presently knocking on the door of your heart seeking an entrance permit ( Revelation 3 : 20).
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by yemex04(m): 10:18am On Apr 07, 2023
May the blessings of the day be replicated in the Lives all us all. 🙏
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by OperationalVehi: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2023
candidbabe:
Good Friday is a farce.
Whereas Friday night when they said Christ died to Sunday morning when he resurrected is not up to 3 days.

Child of devil grin
Don't ask questions... Just have faith and believe.

Africans don suffer grin

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by OperationalVehi: 10:45am On Apr 07, 2023
Kwinity:
He died on the cross because of me, he shed his blood just because me... cryHe died on the cross because of me, he shed his blood just because me...

And you believe all that because you witnessed it or because you were told ?
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Lovelydaisies: 10:47am On Apr 07, 2023
The story of salvation. Man and God reconcile. Christ is the saviour.
Proudly Catholic.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by mu2sa2: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

Yes, different doctrines.
The quote says Christian and Catholic churches - I'm wondering whether Catholic churches are not Christian churches.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Hmmm mmm hmmm... Did u want 2 win d argument or all d arguments...? U want 2 win all argument...? How many arguments, av u won...? Are u Yakubu Gowon...? Hen? I mean, I am not ment... I knows dat I av an assignment...b4 D JUDGEMENTor D JUDGEMENT DAY... Like every Clement..., etc; who are using Element(car)...,etc&ignores dia assignment... Clement,etc; dat are cement or like cement, &or dat are working&walking on d "cement"... Y wud dey not b ment&be using Element,etc; instead of doing/facing dia GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST GIVEN ASSIGNMENT... Dey WUD ends up in d TENT of torment&lament,etc; with d serpent, his agents&regents...; if dey fails/refuses 2do dia GOD&JESUS given assignments... Hannah went 2 "Shiloh"...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
Hmmm mmm hmmm... Did u want 2 win d argument or all d arguments...? U want 2 win all argument...? How many arguments, av u won...? Are u Yakubu Gowon...? Hen? I mean, I am not ment... I knows dat I av an assignment...b4 D JUDGEMENTor D JUDGEMENT DAY... Like every Clement..., etc; who are using Element(car)...,etc&ignore dia assignment... Clement,etc; dat are cement or like cement, &or dat are working&walking on d "cement"... Y wud dey not b ment&be using Element,etc; instead of doing/facing dia GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST GIVEN ASSIGNMENT... Dey WUD ends up in d TENT of torment&lament, etc; with d serpent, his agents&regents...; if dey fails/refuses 2do dia GOD&JESUS given assignments... Hannah went 2 "Shiloh"...
GOD AND THE LORD CHRIST TO GALILEE..., ETC...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by isabi2lof: 11:16am On Apr 07, 2023
To have a sober reflection of our lives
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emeka71(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This ritual holiday has nothing to do with Jesus Christ as it instead has its roots in the religious establishments and companies that comprise Christianlty. undecided
I'm even on fasting programme now.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by GreatAchiever1: 11:33am On Apr 07, 2023
mu2sa2:
The quote says Christian and Catholic churches - I'm wondering whether Catholic churches are not Christian churches.

I don't think I can answer that correctly, but all I can say is the early catholic church started around the second century, then the roman catholic church sprang up in the fifth century and the catholic orthodox church in the sixth century before the reformation in the 16th centuries due to some of the heretical doctrines there that led to a protest in church that is now known as the protestant.

To know better, I think one should read on church history.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by GreatAchiever1: 11:36am On Apr 07, 2023
candidbabe:
Good Friday is a farce.

The 3 days is counted because of the Jewish counting system at that time, so when you say 3 days, you start from the very day.
Which is Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Hope you get now?
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kwinity(f): 11:53am On Apr 07, 2023
OperationalVehi:

And you believe all that because you witnessed it or because you were told ?
I believe cos i witnessed God's goodness in my everyday life.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by ndan: 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
clockwisereport:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/04/06/good-friday-menaing-what-to-know/11607176002/

During the feast of the Passover when Christ was preparing for His death and resurrection see Luke 22:19 He commanded His disciple to always do same in His remembrance.

In all of this, my concern is, how is it possible for Christ to die on Friday and resurrect on a Sunday? If this my concern is true, then these passages of the Bible are lies.

First see Matthew 12:40 Christ prophesied that He(bodily flesh) will be in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 night.

Again, see John 2:19 'Jesus answered and said unto them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up'.

His death and resurrection was the only sign this wicked world needs just as Jonas was in the bell of fish for 72hrs so also was Christ.

Now, a full day is 23:59:59hrs. AM is 12hrs(day) while PM is 12hrs(night). So if Christ said it with mouth that it 3 x 12hrs(AM) =36hrs and 3 x 12hrs(PM) =36hrs. Together is 72hrs.

Now do the math from Friday to Sunday in the 24hrs time system if it will add up that Christ resurrected on Sunday morning.

From Friday 6am to 6pm is one day
From Friday 6pm to Saturday 6am is one night
From Saturday 6am to 6pm is two days
From Saturday 6pm to Sunday 6am is two nights

So the people that are celebrating good Friday as the day Christ paid the ultimate price for the remission of man's sins are liars and their father is the serpent.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by dododawa1: 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
Human being and laws,GOD want us to living happy.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Declanex(m): 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
It has and can only have implications and perhaps lessons for their adherents and not all groups of individuals who have divergent views on religion or who aren't even religious inclined. So llearn the lesson and adhere to the dictates of your religious observance.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kwinity:
I believe cos i witnessed God's goodness in my everyday life.
What happened/happens with/to your tongue...? Are you silvertongue, or a silvertongue...? How long or what is the furlong of your tongue, your gong tongue...? For how long... What did you want to licks..., dick...? Or you want to Bleep&suck a cock...? Because you are as beautiful as peacock...? What d Bleep! Or what a Bleep!...?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Book Of Enoch Exposed!!!! / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.