Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? (6904 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Chetas81(m): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
THE BLACK FRIDAY Was criticized BY FORCE of islam while good Friday is applaud ___ DO YOU REALLY AWARE THAT THE RELIGION IS AN ENEMY TO HUMANITY ____ BECAUSE CRIME IS ALLOWED UNDER RELIGION BUT NOT ALLOWED UNDER LAW AND THE SON OF MAN PREFER RELIGION THAN LAW SIMPLY BECAUSE NO CRIMINAL PUNISHMENT UNDER RELIGION BUT YOU WILL BE PUNISHED UNDER LAW ___ STAY AWAY FROM RELIGION ✍️
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Declanex:
It has and can only have implications and perhaps lessons for their adherents and not all groups of individuals who have divergent views on religion or who aren't even religious inclined. So llearn the lesson and adhere to the dictates of your religious observance.
I would rather be d observer OF GOD& OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST,ETC; instead of being or becoming an observer of what u can't serves...,conserves,reserves&preserves,etc... Dia are some things, or many things-if not everything,etc; dat can't be served..., if or when D ROD&STAFF OF GOD&OF LORD JESUS CHRIST, ETC; doesn't comforts u... Read psalm 23 vs 1-6... " ...THY ROD&THY STAFF...THEY COMFORTS ME..." Read Isaiah 60 vs 1-end as well... I know WHAT deserves my nerves&verves... So, I preserves, conserves&reserves, etc; my nerves&verves TO GOD&TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO OWNS&DESERVES my nerves&verves,etc; that I can't reserves after it has been served, or that can't be reserved after it has been served...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
Declanex:
It has and can only have implications and perhaps lessons for their adherents and not all groups of individuals who have divergent views on religion or who aren't even religious inclined. So llearn the lesson and adhere to the dictates of your religious observance.
What did you deserves, or deserved, etc; after you have observed/observes, or after you have been observed...,etc?...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
Chetas81:
THE BLACK FRIDAY Was criticized BY FORCE of islam while good Friday is applaud ___ DO YOU REALLY AWARE THAT THE RELIGION IS AN ENEMY TO HUMANITY ____ BECAUSE CRIME IS ALLOWED UNDER RELIGION BUT NOT ALLOWED UNDER LAW AND THE SON OF MAN PREFER RELIGION THAN LAW SIMPLY BECAUSE NO CRIMINAL PUNISHMENT UNDER RELIGION BUT YOU WILL BE PUNISHED UNDER LAW ___ STAY AWAY FROM RELIGION ✍️
Dindinrin... You don't even know what is "religion"..., how can you know "WHAT IS LAW" OR "THE LAW"... Now, you would be saying that; you are an in-law or you have becomes an in-law... Sior kelebe tue...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Chetas81(m): 2:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
Dindinrin... You don't even know what is "religion"..., how can you know "WHAT IS LAW" OR "THE LAW"... Now, you would be saying that; you are an in-law or you have becomes an in-law... Sior kelebe tue...
ELERIBURUKU defined religion and law let me hear from your silly analysis
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
Chetas81:
ELERIBURUKU defined religion and law let me hear from your silly analysis
Baba baba re...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kwinity(f): 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
What happened/happens with/to your tongue...? Are you silvertongue, or a silvertongue...? How long or what is the forlong of your tongue, your gong tongue...? For how long... What did you want to licks..., dick...? Or you want to Bleep&suck a cock...? Because you are as beautiful as peacock...? What d Bleep! Or what a Bleep!...?...
huh? undecided
Emmanuel30a:
What happened/happens with/to your tongue...? Are you silvertongue, or a silvertongue...? How long or what is the forlong of your tongue, your gong tongue...? For how long... What did you want to licks..., dick...? Or you want to Bleep&suck a cock...? Because you are as beautiful as peacock...? What d Bleep! Or what a Bleep!...?...
huh?
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by sonmvayina(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Which Friday is not good Friday..?
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkiee: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2023
candidbabe:
■Good Friday is a farce.I am beginning to doubt some stories being written in the Bible.
■ How can they tell us that Christ stayed 3 days in the tomb . Whereas Friday night when they said Christ died to Sunday morning when he resurrected is not up to 3 days. Mehn the story is not adding up
1. First of all, there is nothing like good Friday written off in Scripture.

Second, Jesus Christ did not die on a Friday. Scripture has it instead that He died the day after Passover, which happens to be the first day of the festival of unleavened bread, a Holy day - Leviticus 23 vs 4 - 8 -, and a Thursday. Jesus Christ's body was, however, left hanging on the cross until the next day because it was against God to bury anyone on a Holy day. So, Good Friday is a farce in all senses of it. undecided

Read the book for yourself so you can clearly grasp the clear different between what is written and what the religion of Christianity would rather you believe instead. undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkiee: 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kwinity:
He died on the cross because of me, he shed his blood just because me... cryHe died on the cross because of me, he shed his blood just because me...
He died on the cross for the Lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 22-24 & Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 7 vs 6 . Are you of the Lost sheep of Israel? undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by prepresh(f): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
To remind of us of Christ's death and the reason for His death which is to save mankind.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkiee: 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
Whoknow:
■ First are you a Christian or who are you to begin with, if yes you are a Christian what kind of faith do practice.
1. I am a follower of Jesus Christ and not of the religion of Christianity. I live my life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law, and the National Constitution in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 1-6 - aka the Kingdom of God which God constituted only of the sinners of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 & Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 7 vs 6. undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkiee: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2023
Emeka71:
I'm even on fasting programme now.
God never commanded your starvation-diet fasting rituals either - Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7 - is where God clearly tells you this. What this means is your starvation-diet fasting and prayer rituals have absolutely nothing to do with God meaning it is all in vain that you do it — well, maybe except for the weight loss benefits you reap, I guess. undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkiee: 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■The 3 days is counted because of the Jewish counting system at that time, so when you say 3 days, you start from the very day. Which is Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Hope you get now?
1. This is a lie! There is no such thing as a Jewish counting system that turns 2 days into 3 days. So letting men delude you with what are lies abeg!. undecided

According to scripture, Jesus Christ did not die on Friday. He died Thursday afternoon, and when compiled together, the 4 Gospels actually stated that Jesus Christ was arrested on Passover night(Wednesday), tried, and crucified during the festival of unleavened bread(Thursday), and died that same afternoon at about 3 pm, but was not buried on that day because It was against God's Law to bury anyone on a Holy day(the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread is a Holy-day). So rather, Jesus Christ hung dead on the cross until the next evening when He was finally buried by his followers. undecided

Your good Friday is a complete farce! undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkiee: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
ndan:
During the feast of the Passover when Christ was preparing for His death and resurrection see Luke 22:19 He commanded His disciple to always do same in His remembrance.In all of this, my concern is, how is it possible for Christ to die on Friday and resurrect on a Sunday? If this my concern is true, then these passages of the Bible are lies. First see Matthew 12:40 Christ prophesied that He(bodily flesh) will be in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 night. Again, see John 2:19 'Jesus answered and said unto them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up'. His death and resurrection was the only sign this wicked world needs just as Jonas was in the bell of fish for 72hrs so also was Christ. Now, a full day is 23:59:59hrs. AM is 12hrs(day) while PM is 12hrs(night). So if Christ said it with mouth that it 3 x 12hrs(AM) =36hrs and 3 x 12hrs(PM) =36hrs. Together is 72hrs. Now do the math from Friday to Sunday in the 24hrs time system if it will add up that Christ resurrected on Sunday morning.

From Friday 6am to 6pm is one day
From Friday 6pm to Saturday 6am is one night
From Saturday 6am to 6pm is two days
From Saturday 6pm to Sunday 6am is two nights

So the people that are celebrating good Friday as the day Christ paid the ultimate price for the remission of man's sins are liars and their father is the serpent.
According to scripture, Jesus Christ did not die on Friday. He died instead on Thursday afternoon. When compiled together, the 4 Gospels actually state that Jesus Christ was
■ arrested on Passover night(Wednesday)
■ tried, and crucified during the festival of unleavened bread(Thursday), and died that same afternoon at about 3 pm, but
■ not buried on that Thursday because It was against God's Law to bury anyone on a Holy day(the First day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread is a Holy day).

So rather, Jesus Christ hung dead on the cross until the next evening when He was finally buried by his followers. This all means that Good Friday is a complete farce! undecided

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kwinity:
huh? undecided huh?
Ur tongue... Are u from Hong Kong...or u are 4rm Portharcourt...? U are bearing Tahith Chong,etc; dat is/are from Hong Kong...? U are lyk Tahith Chong&Jumong,etc; dat are from Hong Kong&Bangkok,etc... Maybe u are a Jumong, or lyk Jumong&King Kong in/dat are from Hong Kong&Bangkok, etc...? Wat is ur mothers' tongue, Silvertongue...? Did u lyks dingdong/ding-dong, lyk playing dingdong/ding-dong, or lyk 2 playing with dingdong/ding-dong...? Afterall(or I believes dat...), u aren't a dog, let alone be playing like a dog, &or with a dog,etc;...? U can't hold a jug&hold a dog...? Or u can't jog with a dog...? U can't hold a jug, &still jogs with a dog,etc...? U aren't some dogs...or some gods like dogs...,etc; dat knows how 2 dulges&indulges,etc... Dey claims dat, "dia" name(s) is/are George,etc; &dat nobody can "judge" dem, let alone misjudged&adjudged dem,etc... Who taught&retaught dem dat thought..., or those thoughts, etc; dat are like insults...?...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. This is a lie! There is no such thing as a Jewish counting system that turns 2 days into 3 days. So letting men delude you with what are lies abeg!. undecided

According to scripture, Jesus Christ did not die on Friday. He died Thursday afternoon, and when compiled together, the 4 Gospels actually stated that Jesus Christ was arrested on Passover night(Wednesday), tried, and crucified during the festival of unleavened bread(Thursday), and died that same afternoon at about 3 pm, but was not buried on that day because It was against God's Law to bury anyone on a Holy day(the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread is a Holy-day). So rather, Jesus Christ hung dead on the cross until the next evening when He was finally buried by his followers. undecided

Den my broda, continues 2 celebrates ur bad days & birthdays; or ur bad days lyk birthdays... Of course, ur birthdays,etc; are bad days, if&...u aven't accept G&J
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emmanuel30a: 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
Den my broda, continues 2 celebrates ur bad days & birthdays; or ur bad days lyk birthdays... Of course, ur birthdays,etc; are bad days, if&...u aven't accept G&J
..."We" or I, etc; knows wat happened/wat was written in The Book of Exodus, Leviticus, Ephesus,Titus,etc; about GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST... It wasn't said or written in The Book of Exodus,Leviticus, Ephesus,Titus,etc; dat GOD&THE LORD JESUS has or had sexual intercourse, let alone sexual intercourses... But, wen u av been watching Spartacus&avin sexual intercourses, &reading or avin abacus on/of Spartacus&sexual intercourses, through d anus,uterus, oesophagus,etc; with ur boss who is a nurse..., or with ur caucuses&circuses, etc; u wud be avin or singing some choruses(or songs), etc; dat are from, or dat are coming ur anus, uterus, oesophagus,etc... I hope u don't av, or u aren't nursing virus/virus like staphylococus or staphylococus aureus,etc; in ur anus,uterus,oesophagus,etc; Kobojunkiee...?...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by GreatAchiever1: 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

Well some sources say Wednesday, some say Friday, some say Thursday, I really can't say which is the correct day he died, but I wouldn't call good Friday "a complete farce".
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkiee: 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ Well some sources say Wednesday, some say Friday, some say Thursday, I really can't say which is the correct day he died,
■ but I wouldn't call good Friday "a complete farce".
1. We are talking Scripture here. All sources that contradict scripture are lies. undecided

2. Good Friday is a complete farce, a lie since it directly contradicts Scripture's own record of events which point to Jesus Christ's death taking place on the day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, a Thursday which happens to have been a Holy day - Leviticus 23 vs 4 - 8. This is in addition to the fact that Jesus Christ never gave men permission to use His name for such rituals. The only ritual Jesus Christ endorsed was the eating of His body and drinking of His blood in remembrance of Him. All other rituals are not of Him. undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Emeka71(m): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
God never commanded your starvation-diet fasting rituals either - Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7 - is where God clearly tells you this. What this means is your starvation-diet fasting and prayer rituals have absolutely nothing to do with God meaning it is all in vain that you do it — well, maybe except for the weightloss benefits you read, I guess. undecided
Good point.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by candidbabe(f): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

The 3 days is counted because of the Jewish counting system at that time, so when you say 3 days, you start from the very day.
Which is Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Hope you get now?

Now read Jonah 1:17 and
Mathew 12:40
Which says as Jonah was in the belly of the fish 3 days and 3 nights so, shall the son of man be beneath the earth 3 days and 3 nights.

Now calculate from Friday night and Sunday morning and tell me if its 3 days and 3 nights

I still maintain that good friday and easter celebration is a farce
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by GreatAchiever1: 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
candidbabe:

Now read Jonah 1:17 and
Mathew 12:40
Which says as Jonah was in the belly of the fish 3 days and 3 nights so, shall the son of man be beneath the earth 3 days and 3 nights.

Now calculate from Friday night and Sunday morning and tell me if its 3 days and 3 nights

I still maintain that good friday and easter celebration is a farce

I'm not a historian but I still maintain that their days counting system is different from ours even though I'm not exactly sure how it's done.

If you really want to study about the Easter celebration that is bothering you, Thank God we are in digital era, make your research and study, I'm sure there are materials with facts(biblical and historical) that can help you.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Whoknow: 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. I am a follower of Jesus Christ and not of the religion of Christianity. I live my life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law, and the National Constitution in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 1-6 - aka the Kingdom of God which God constituted only of the sinners of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 & Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 7 vs 6. undecided
Who are the lost sheep of Israel?
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Whoknow: 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
sonmvayina:
Which Friday is not good Friday..?

The reason why it is called good Friday is that on that faithful day over 2000 years Christ Jesus paid the supreme price by dying on the cross for me and for you if you believe. So it's the remembrance of that faithful Friday.
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ I'm not a historian but I still maintain that their days counting system is different from ours even though I'm not exactly sure how it's done.
■ if you really want to study about the Easter celebration that is bothering you, Thank God we are in digital era, make your research and study, I'm sure there are materials with facts(biblical and historical) that can help you.
1. Look in Genesis 1 for how it is done. Then come back and tell us how such a counting system could yield 3 days from 2 days abeg! undecided

Ignorance no be bliss. undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
Whoknow:

Who are the lost sheep of Israel?
The sinners if Israel, all of Israel cursed and scattered by God to all four winds of the earth - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6. undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
Whoknow:

The reason why it is called good Friday is that on that faithful day over 2000 years Christ Jesus paid the supreme price by dying on the cross for me and for you if you believe. So it's the remembrance of that faithful Friday.
Jesus Christ told you in John 10 that no one forces Him to die. Rather, He gives up His life and takes it back Himself. This ritual you lot partake in has nothing to do with Him. undecided
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by sonmvayina(m): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
Only the Catholic church has the patent right to jesus Christ..

Any other thing anybody is doing or saying is jibiti....

It is only in Catholic church you can attain salvation...

So our divided brethren....should come back to the mother church...

This is what I would have said 17 years ago...
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by sonmvayina(m): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
Whoknow:

So since when did God start being joyful on the death of a righteous man? When did death become a good thing ?
Re: Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? by GreatAchiever1: 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Look in Genesis 1 for how it is done. Then come back and tell us how such a counting system could yield 3 days from 2 days abeg! undecided

Ignorance no be bliss. undecided

No arguments with you because I'm not the one that's having issues with the Easter celebration.

Like I said, do your research on this subject, I believe you will understand more on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Book Of Enoch Exposed!!!! / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.