Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? (37368 Views)

Messi Names Six Clubs That Can Stop PSG From Winning Champions League / Meet Kennedy Boboye, The Coach Behind Akwa United NPFL Title Victory / Inter Milan Fans Celebrate 1st Serie A Title Victory Since 2010 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by KanuSE: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
TemitayoMark:
I'm very confident Arsenal will win the league no doubt no matter the tough matches, Manchester city will drop point that's for sure. I'm a Manchester United fan for life. Arsenal you are great this season and I commend that team for a job well done. Next season loading

Admirable spirit of sportsmanship. 👍

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by cletz991(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Non I dislike the balded spainard angry
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by MrBroke(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jokerman:
None.

Arsenal is winning the EPL this year.

I'm a Man utd, Real Madrid, Juve, Al Nassr Fan, and I support Arsenal this year.

No to City again

Just say C. Ronaldo Fanatic grin
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by tweakdude1: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:
I always wondered How can Arsenal can win the Premier League title this season.

Arsenal remain five points ahead of Manchester City in the race to win the 2022/23 Premier League title, with only 11 matches remaining in the season while Arsenal have just 9 matches.

There's still plenty of football left to be played, and while Arsenal will feel like they have an edge over the defending champions, there is still a vital direct showdown looming against City on April 26 at the Etihad and three other clubs which is a very big obstacles to Arsenal.

Here are the four matches Arsenal must win if they are ready for 2022/23 premier league title.

1. Liverpool vs Arsenal - Sun April 9

Liverpool have had on a poor season overall. Jurgen Klopp's side looked like they had turned their fortunes around when they dismantled Man United 7-0 but have since fallen to three straight defeats at the hands of Bournemouth, Real Madrid and Man City.

They sit eighth in the table and eight points off the top four. They had an opportunity to play their part in the title race at the weekend but were no match for City.

Arsenal visit Anfield this weekend knowing victory would be a big statement to begin their final nine games.

4. Man City vs Arsenal April 26

The game in every football fan's diary. Arsenal's trip to the Etihad Stadium could very well be the game that makes-or-breaks the Gunners' title race. Win and it would be a momentous step towards history. Lose and Guardiola's men will have the upper hand.

City have already defeated their title rivals twice this season and possess experience in coming out on top in these situations. But the opportunity that presents itself for the Gunners squad is an exciting one.

There will be 15 more points left to play for after this game. Right now, it would be fair to predict that whoever comes out on top in this clash will be the team celebrating at the end of May.

5. Arsenal Vs Chelsea April 29

Arsenal's London rivals have been poor all season and are now without Graham Potter after Todd Boehly decided to sack the Englishman after less than seven months

Their focus is solely on their Champions League quarter-final with Real Madrid, but their trip to the Emirates Stadium will come after their double- header with the European champions.

If the meeting earlier in the season is anything to go by, Arsenal have little to worry about. However, Boehly has since smashed the British transfer record and bolstered the quality of the side. Form goes out the window in these games and Chelsea will want to wreck the Gunners' title charge.

6. Newcastle vs Arsenal May 7

Every Arsenal supporter remembers the last time Arteta's men took on Newcastle on Tyneside. A Ben White own goal and Bruno Guimaraes strike all-but-ended the Gunners' hopes of achieving a top four finish.

This season, both clubs have improved drastically. Newcastle find themselves in the race for a top four spot and recently came close to winning their first major trophy in 68 years. Come May, when Arteta takes his side to St James' Park, the fixture could have much resting on it for both sides.

The Magpies have won their last three games - including a crucial 2-0 win over Man United - to move themselves up to third in the table. With Liverpool and Tottenham failing to be consistent, the opportunity is there for Newcastle.

Gunners need to beat Man City to 2023 EPL trophy

Source: obembet

Inec fc
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by KanuSE: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
ppogba:
Any analysis that does not factor in the
" unseen hand" that determines the outcome of matches in English football is a wrong analysis.

I have watched English football enough to know this.

What about the unseen hand, if I may ask?
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by helinues: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kriss216:

Newcastle is eager to play Champions league and they're in great form. Would be easier for Arsenal to beat Man city than for them to beat Newcastle.

The problem with team like Newcastle is consistency. The last time they played with Liverpool, I expected much from them but they conceeded 4
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by youngreezy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:

Can you permit me to yab you when Arsenal lose this EPL title?
you're free ooooo!!!! But if arsenal win the league, better dey run ooo because naturally I no like Manchester united fans and football bants na my food....
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by alobright17(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:

Arsenal remain five points ahead of Manchester City in the race to win the 2022/23 Premier League title, with only 11 matches remaining in the season while Arsenal have just 9 matches.

There's still plenty of football left to be played, and while Arsenal will feel like they have an edge over the defending champions, there is still a vital direct showdown looming against City on April 26 at the Etihad and three other clubs which is a very big obstacles to Arsenal.

Here are the four matches Arsenal must win if they are ready for 2022/23 premier league title.

Liverpool have had on a poor season overall. Jurgen Klopp's side looked like they had turned their fortunes around when they dismantled Man United 7-0 but have since fallen to three straight defeats at the hands of Bournemouth, Real Madrid and Man City.

They sit eighth in the table and eight points off the top four. They had an opportunity to play their part in the title race at the weekend but were no match for City.

Arsenal visit Anfield this weekend knowing victory would be a big statement to begin their final nine games.

The game in every football fan's diary. Arsenal's trip to the Etihad Stadium could very well be the game that makes-or-breaks the Gunners' title race. Win and it would be a momentous step towards history. Lose and Guardiola's men will have the upper hand.

City have already defeated their title rivals twice this season and possess experience in coming out on top in these situations. But the opportunity that presents itself for the Gunners squad is an exciting one.

There will be 15 more points left to play for after this game. Right now, it would be fair to predict that whoever comes out on top in this clash will be the team celebrating at the end of May.

Arsenal's London rivals have been poor all season and are now without Graham Potter after Todd Boehly decided to sack the Englishman after less than seven months

Their focus is solely on their Champions League quarter-final with Real Madrid, but their trip to the Emirates Stadium will come after their double- header with the European champions.

If the meeting earlier in the season is anything to go by, Arsenal have little to worry about. However, Boehly has since smashed the British transfer record and bolstered the quality of the side. Form goes out the window in these games and Chelsea will want to wreck the Gunners' title charge.

Every Arsenal supporter remembers the last time Arteta's men took on Newcastle on Tyneside. A Ben White own goal and Bruno Guimaraes strike all-but-ended the Gunners' hopes of achieving a top four finish.

This season, both clubs have improved drastically. Newcastle find themselves in the race for a top four spot and recently came close to winning their first major trophy in 68 years. Come May, when Arteta takes his side to St James' Park, the fixture could have much resting on it for both sides.

The Magpies have won their last three games - including a crucial 2-0 win over Man United - to move themselves up to third in the table. With Liverpool and Tottenham failing to be consistent, the opportunity is there for Newcastle.

You should be creating thread on how useless Chelsea is this season despite spending over 500 million pounds and allow Arsenal fans to rest.

Apart from Mancity and Liverpool others are winable games for Arsenal and I'm seeing Arsenal getting a point against Mcity

But whatever that eventually happened this season Arsenal is finishing above everyone's expectations this season.

Championship league in the bag already.

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Father4all: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
ALL
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by stanbright(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Fira09:
All the 4 matches will, Assnal have not been phenomenal this season!

Losing to Sporting at home in an ordinary UEL is way average.

Logically, Prems club are bums; I expect Loserpool to either draw or win the match; Man City straight demolishing, Dry gin can also draw against them or maybe win the match; Castle clear win, so😏
arsenal has not been phenomenal but they are top.You need brain surgery
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by noble2faith(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jokerman:
None.

Arsenal is winning the EPL this year.

I'm a Man utd, Real Madrid, Juve, Al Nassr Fan, and I support Arsenal this year.

No to City again

Young man, the truth is you are not a fan of any club
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by KanuSE: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:

City don't have much tough matches unlike arsenal

You have no idea. Go and check the number of games (in all competitions) left for Man city to play this season and compare to Arsenal's.

In your world it appears Man city is unbeatable...lol 😆
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by spencekat(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
None of them
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by osaweseforme(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
One game at a time. Don't distract us @op with irrelevant issues. We will handle them as they come...... victory at last for us

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
garfield1:

If arsenal were to lose the EPL,they would have done so since.city will drop points as well.they have ucl,fa cup,chelsea,Brighton
With that veery deep squad? Of course every team will drop points here and there. But arsenal will drop more.
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Angelfrost(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
Only Man City will slow Arsenal down...!

They should crown Dem title winners already!

Dropping 3 points to City (which might yet not happen) won't stop them!
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Kukutenla: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
Op dey wonder
You don wonder when man u will win league finish?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by KanuSE: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kriss216:

Newcastle is eager to play Champions league and they're in great form. Would be easier for Arsenal to beat Man city than for them to beat Newcastle.

Lol 😆 ok. grin
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Angelfrost(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kukutenla:
Op dey wonder
You don wonder when man u will win league finish?

Man United is finishing 5th!

Europa is where they belong for now.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Mayorseun: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Help me tell them o, no be arsenal spoiled their season for them o.[1quote author=arterxerxes post=122353401]Your evil plans on Arsenal will not work as you have been praying and mocking us from the start of the season, it shall return to you in Jesus name.[/quote]
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Angelfrost(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kriss216:

Arsenal will definitely smash Newcastle!

They have nothing to lose now... No further distractions!

They have only the EPL as their focus unlike Man City still prioritizing winning UCL.
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Angelfrost(m): 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:

I must be sincere with you, I don't see Arsenal wining this league. They stil have tough matches ahead, imagine Westham, Brighton and Southampton, I fear relagation team more than any other team cos they have nothing to lose

Nlfpmod

Oh Please... Arsenal is the most in-form team in the EPL this season!

They haven't topped the table all season by accident!

They can win all their remaining games!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Mayorseun: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
stanbright:
arsenal has not been phenomenal but they are top.You need brain surgery
haba this is too much na
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Olivyabrown: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:

Arsenal will beat Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle. They just have to keep Partey fit.
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by ppogba: 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
KanuSE:

What about the unseen hand, if I may ask?

It is always there for those with the spirit of discernment to see.
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by saintkeppy(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:

I must be sincere with you, I don't see Arsenal wining this league. They stil have tough matches ahead, imagine Westham, Brighton and Southampton, I fear relagation team more than any other team cos they have nothing to lose

Nlfpmod

Arsenal Knows what's at stake I don't think they will like to loseguard like that.
They may lose to city&Liverpool, win or draw Chelsea&Newcastle, then pick vital points from the remaining matches.
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by mokkalu1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
You no sabi write objectively. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Keniwit(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
The will have prob with Liverpool and mancity bt could be the rest ?
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Kokoboss: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2023
Dittodat:
Newcastle vs Arsenal May 7
you're brilliant. Only Newcastle bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Kukutenla: 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Man United is finishing 5th!

Europa is where they belong for now.
Iseee
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Kokoboss: 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
Keniwit:
The will have prob with Liverpool and mancity bt could be the rest ?
Liverpool can't win arsenal. Maybe Newcastle
Re: Which Of These Four Matches Can Stop Arsenal Premier League Title Victory? by Chi133(f): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
obembet:

Mancity& Newcastle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Emmanuel Adebayor's Mother And Brother Apologizes To Him / Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend / De Gea To Become Highest Paid Footballer In English Premier League Histroy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.