Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? (1756 Views)

Akintoye On UN protest: FG planted IPOB banner among Yoruba Nation agitators / Tinubu, Fayemi, Akintoye deny Knowledge Of New Yoruba Leader’s Emergence / Here Is The Man That Caused Disunity Among Yoruba And Igbo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by khalling2008: 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
Buhari's 8yrs presidency is for South East vs North while Tinubu 8yrs will be between South West vs South East. I will assure the Obi-Ipob that we are ready for you. If you people bring it in hot, we will give you back for the next 8yrs.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Tochj(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
PureFace1:
I fear the dangerous precedence being set in Nigeria political space, any reputable Yoruba man that is not ass licking Peter Obi and subservient to his presidential ambition and movement is being insulted and disrespected.

It was Pastor Adeboye yesterday and Wole Soyinka's turn today, who is next ?

The most annoying thing is that these lunatics want to dictate for Wole Soyinka, Adeboye etc without giving them any chance to even be neutral in something that was supposed to be democratic. It is either you are subservient to their cause or be disgrace and call unprintable names, is that the toxic new Nigeria you are fighting for ? no room for any criticism but full of "Yes Daddy". That is dictatorship not democracy

Chimamanda Adichie is being celebrated because she wrote to the President of the United state to support her kinsman but Wole Soyinka's couldn't even be neutral without being labeled a villain and disrespected.

Keep it up until everyone see the obedient movement for what it really is. A desperate attempt at power grab from one section of the country.

Is keyamo a yoruba
Joe igbokwe nko
El-Rufai na yoruba elder abi?
We didn't spare OUK
Ekweremadu in jail, who amongst us is defending him
You choose to Asslick ur killers
We no de do that
We want Nigeria to be like other developed nations
We can't get it by Asslicking
Soyinka is respected by all but
He closed his eyes when FFK, Oluomo and Bayo openly threatened us but quickly label obidients defending themselves as toxic
He no do well at all
In 2015,Apc said all manner of treasonable things but he only saw Datti own.
We are fighting anyone directly or indirectly aiding evils happening in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
PureFace1:
1. I fear the dangerous precedence being set in Nigeria political space, any reputable Yoruba man that is not ass licking Peter Obi and subservient to his presidential ambition and movement is being insulted and disrespected.

2. It was Pastor Adeboye yesterday and Wole Soyinka's turn today, who is next ?

3. The most annoying thing is that these lunatics want to dictate for Wole Soyinka, Adeboye etc without giving them any chance to even be neutral in something that was supposed to be democratic. It is either you are subservient to their cause or be disgrace and call unprintable names, is that the toxic new Nigeria you are fighting for ?

4. no room for any criticism but full of "Yes Daddy".

5. That is dictatorship not democracy

6. Chimamanda Adichie is being celebrated because she wrote to the President of the United state to support her kinsman but Wole Soyinka's couldn't even be neutral without being labeled a villain and disrespected.

7. Keep it up until everyone see the obedient movement for what it really is. A desperate attempt at power grab from one section of the country.

Everything written in here is nothing but dishonesty.

1. Not to make it seem like a competition of who is more vile and shit, but what you're complaining of is exactly the same thing others do to Yoruba elders who ARE in support of Obi. From Obasanjo to Adebanjo.

BATists have consistently tagged Obi and anybody for him IPOB. Called other Yorubas like me bastards and Igbos. The labelling has all been from the oppositions, and it has continued to come from them, the latest being the "fascist" term.

So respectfully quit with the gaslighting.

Everything Obidients have done is react and fight back.

You all came up with the LGBTQ+ angle as well, in hopes of discrediting Ify Aniebo until pictures of Tinubu's trans child came up before you stopped.

What exactly warranted the fascist tag from WS, and you think people will not push back against that as well?

You can definitely see the respectful, calm and reasonable manner in which CNA's letter was written. She did not even outrightly call Tinubu a drug dealer, but deftly presented it without insulting him, and opted for using the word "compromise". That is how to disagree without being insulting or cantankerous.

2, 3. As for Adeboye, Soyinka, Adefarasin and co., one thing they all have in common is their selective neutrality and people are very well within their rights to call them out.

You cannot leave the lions and the elephants that are terrorising the forest alone, and be going for the squirrels and cats and rabbits and butterflies.

Make of this statement what you will.

4. You know what's funny? You're calling Obidients mindless zombies who only say, "Yes Daddy", but it is on record that in the past few months, no other supporters have called out their principal as much as Obidients did.

Heck, Aisha Yesufu was campaigning for a different gubernatorial candidate in contradiction to whom Obi endorsed. Let Reno Omokri or FFK go and do that.

There are many cases you will find of Obidients being contrarian to Obi and even dragging him, and when you see such, you will latch onto it, to say that we're not united and cooperative, but now you're saying we are without thoughts?

Nice try. 🤣

5. Yet an Obidient, Chude Nnamdi, was arrested and denied his constitutional rights for days. None of the provocateurs from PDAPC has been picked up. There was literally blatant ethnic profiling and targeted violence, but you're somehow blind to all of that.

6. The truth is the truth and a lie is a lie, and both can be objectively observed. Does Wole Soyinka have a "choicy" colorful word for MC Oluomo? If you know that he has, maybe you should tell me.

7. Absolutely.

But then why are you all ranting? Would you consider a rat and a horse to pose the same level of threat and danger to you?

You have constantly belittled the Obidient movement and derided Obi, you have underrated him from the beginning, called him a loser and whatnot, so why are you people against him fiercely hard at the narration war? Why lol? From releasing a doctored phone call, to calling for treason, to cries about an interim government, APC lackeys have been working overtime on overdrive.

Ina wo lo n jo labe aso yin na? 😁

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
~

2 Likes

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Weybuhari: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
Magnoliaa:

1. Not to make it seem like a competition of who is more vile and shit, but what you're complaining of is exactly the same thing others do to Yoruba elders who ARE in support of Obi. From Obasanjo to Adebanjo.

BATists have consistently tagged Obi and anybody for him IPOB. Called other Yorubas like me bastards and Igbos. The labelling has all been from the oppositions, and it has continued to come from them, the latest being the "fascist" term.

You all came up with the LGBTQ+ angle as well, in hopes of discrediting Ify Aniebo until pictures of Tinubu's trans child came up before you stopped.

What exactly warranted the fascist tag from WS, and you think people will not push back against that as well?

You can definitely see the respectful, calm and reasonable manner in which CNA's letter was written. She did not even outrightly call Tinubu a drug dealer, but deftly presented it without insulting him, and opted for using the word "compromise". That is how to disagree without being insulting or cantankerous.

2, 3. As for Adeboye, Soyinka, Adefarasin and co., one thing they all have in common is their selective neutrality and people are very well within their rights to call them out.

You cannot leave the lions and the elephants that are terrorising the forest alone, and be going for the squirrels and cats and rabbits and butterflies.

4. You know what's funny? You're calling Obidients mindless zombies who only say, "Yes Daddy", but it is on record that in the past few months, no other supporters have called out their principal as much as Obidients did.

Heck, Aisha Yesufu was campaigning for a different gubernatorial candidate in contradiction to whom Obi endorsed. Let Reno Omokri or FFK go and do that.

There are many cases you will find of Obidients being contrarian to Obi and even dragging him, and when you see such, you will latch onto it, to say that we're not united and cooperative, but now you're saying we are without thoughts?

Nice try. 🤣

5. Yet an Obidient, Chude Nnamdi, was arrested and denied his constitutional rights for days. None of the provocateurs from PDAPC has been picked up. There was literally blatant ethnic profiling and targeted violence, but you're somehow blind to all of that.

6. The truth is the truth and a lie is a lie, and both can be objectively observed. Does Wole Soyinka have a "choicy" colorful word for MC Oluomo? If you know that he has, maybe you should tell me.

7. Absolutely.

But then why are you all ranting? Would you consider a rat and a horse to pose the same level of threat and danger to you?

You have constantly belittled the Obidient movement and derided Obi, you have underrated him from the beginning, called him a loser and whatnot, so why are you people against him fiercely hard at the narration war? Why lol? From releasing a doctored phone call, to calling for treason, to cries about an interim government, APC lackeys have been working overtime on overdrive.

What's your brand brother.
Even me they have continually called me IPOB and Chinedu because i support Peter Obi.
You don't want Yoruba to support Peter Obi yet you are angry that most Igbos are supporting their brother.

Once any Yoruba supports Peter Obi, you are automatically from the East.
O re mi ooo

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by paramakina202: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
Soyinka should respect his white beard goatee and stop chooking mouth anyhow after an election he refused to participate in.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by DaddyJapan(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
PureFace1:
I fear the dangerous precedent being set in Nigeria political space, any reputable Yoruba man that is not ass licking Peter Obi and subservient to his presidential ambition and movement is being insulted and disrespected.

The most annoying thing is that these lunatics want to dictate for Wole Soyinka, Adeboye etc without giving them any chance to even be neutral in something that was supposed to be democratic. It is either you are subservient to their cause or be disgrace and call unprintable names, is that the toxic new Nigeria you are fighting for ? no room for any criticism but full of "Yes Daddy". That is dictatorship not democracy

Chimamanda Adichie is being celebrated because she wrote to the President of the United state to support her kinsman but Wole Soyinka's couldn't even be neutral without being labeled a villain and disrespected.

Keep it up until everyone see the obedient movement for what it really is. A desperate attempt at power grab from one section of the country.

Erm...I don't think there is any need to ethnicise the debate any further.
Fayose, Fani-Kayode, Aregbesola and many others have all delivered two-footed tackles to the President-elect - and a civil war did not ensued.

Let's not get carried away by playing notable figures against each other.
This is the season of letter writing, and since people have a right to diffuse their anger; all possible outlets must be tolerated.
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Magnoliaa(f): 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
Weybuhari:
What's your brand brother.
Even me they have continually called me IPOB and Chinedu because i support Peter Obi.
You don't want Yoruba to support Peter Obi yet you are angry that most Igbos are supporting their brother.

Once any Yoruba supports Peter Obi, you are automatically from the East.
O re mi ooo

Won o wa okay ni.

Don't mind them lol. 😂

I'm a sis*, though.
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by BOYS2MEN: 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
OP na ur papa be next....BABA OLANIYI ADENIYI...
PureFace1:
I fear the dangerous precedent being set in Nigeria political space, any reputable Yoruba man that is not ass licking Peter Obi and subservient to his presidential ambition and movement is being insulted and disrespected.

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Salewa97: 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
Obasanjo is the next.
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by SporaD8: 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
PureFace1:

Obasanjo.
Calm down! This vawulence will sure reach everybody. No need to rush it.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by flokii: 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Those folks can be very annoying honestly..

I noticed how they were targeting Adeboye for insults while they sang praises of the agbaya Adebanjo for supporting the failure called Obi.. who cares if they exist sef? na who care them go attack na.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Sambai65(m): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Even some yoruba folk support them,Waiting concern me grin
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by PepperSauce: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
derecho:
Nonsense.
When you and your druglord Tinubu were insulting Fmr President Obasanjo and Pa Ayo Adebanjo, you forgot about respect because you are condemned to project a misfit like Tinubu as representing all Yorubas.

Any old f.ool who decides to misrepresent Us will be dragged

I WASN'T SURPRISED WHEN NONE OF THE ELDERS IN YOUR MUD-RIDDEN ZONE WAS WORTHY OF AN ATOM OF RESPECT WHY WON'T YOU DRAG SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE? WHEN OTHERS WERE BUSY DEVELOPING THEIR REGION BUT YOU GUYS RESOLVED TO CELEBRATE SIT-AT-HOME.

Well, I will save the rest for another day.
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Globad(f): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
kingthreat:

The vile in you Obidients will eventually be used to poison yourselves.

They're a drunk, vile and headless mob

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by anungangampu: 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
The truth in there for all to see. Attacking Datti is the issue.
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by obyrich(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
PureFace1:

What of Pa Adebanjo and Chief Obasanjo?
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by DMerciful(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nnamani of Enugu or Soludo of Anambra are Yorubas? Don't make it a tribal thing, if you don't support the Obidient movement, we will come for you. If you're not with us, you're against us
PureFace1:

2 Likes

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by reddingtonblack: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
happney65:
Lol. You people cannot stop to amaze me. You say Obidents abuse, from a set of people that said they will destroy Nigeria if they do not win in 2015. From a set of people who called a sitting president names. Carried a mock coffin of a sitting president. Called a president a drunkard and called the wife of a president a shippootamus.

The hypocrisy of you people is so mind blogging. Looked the other way when violence and deaths took over Lagos election. Yet Obidents haven't called for any violence,haven't killed a soul. Did not say the dogs and the baboons shall be soaked in blood. All they do is to marshall their points

You see Obidents are like bone in your throats, it has hooked ur throat. You cannot do a thing about it but to cry,puff and be angry

We have just started. You don't know anything.. grin

IF obedient want to spend the next four years barking like a dog may God grant there wish

All we are looking forward to his May 29 for Tinubu inauguration ... as long as we are Winning Obedient can cry blood if they flood the ground we give dem bucket🤣

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Odogwuzack: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
PureFace1:

Well said.
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by gammarays1: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
bayplus:

Pastor Adefarasin was also attacked few days before the election for being neutral. The Obidients dragged him online, insisting he must openly endorse peter obi. Many obidients even called on Igbo members of his church not to attend his church again.

The philosophy of the Obidients is "You are either with us or you will be brutally attacked like an enemy. No room to be neutral". Either their way or the highway".

Despite many prominent yorubas like Pa Adebanjo, Obasanjo, Doyin Okupe and Many Yoruba Youths like Mr. Macaroni, Falz etc supporting the Obi against their Son-Tinubu, while very few well known Igbos are supporting Obi, many will still make sweeping derogatory remarks about the entire yoruba race.

Rather than appeal to people and sell your candidate, they go on over-drive insulting everyone they expect to vote for Obi as if the South East alone can make Obi d presidenr.

After coming third, they are still insulting everyone who doubt Obi's victory and "his stolen mandate".

I know once they lose at the court, They are likely to resume the agitation.

Rather than re-strategise for the 2027 election. They will burn themselves out on an already lost election.

Atiku that came second knows how this politics works, he is not making so much noise.

I ask the obidients. Those who voted for Tinubu and Atiku, are they not nigerians too?

If indeed the votes were trully rigged, is it only one region out of 6regions will be crying by now?
At least the Igbos are straight when they do anything good or bad.

So you've forgotten in a hurry the tribalistic sentiment against Igbos in the just concluded elections especially in Lagos?

The Igbos I know castigated Soludo, Ekweremadu, Nnamani, Rochas and co.
Igbos and other sensible Nigerians are rallying around Obi because he's the face of the revolution we seek.

After crying and suffering for 8 years, you guys still endorsed your slave masters?
Hypocrisy is a disease.
Support your own while we defend ours. Simple!

1 Like

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Christistruth03: 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
Let us pray IPOB will not try to attack Awolowo’s Statue again like during Endsars

The Statue received such a heavy beating it lost its glasses which have not been found till date
, In Lagos o!

The only Consolation was that Azikiwe’s Statue in Onitsha received an equally heavy beating as well

Withnesses overheard the Mob accusing it of Caging them in Nigeria and causing their Suffering
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Odogwuzack: 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Nice try. 🤣

7. Absolutely.

Trash!
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
gammarays1:
The Igbos I know castigated Soludo, Ekweremadu, Nnamani, Rochas and co.
Igbos and other sensible Nigerians are rallying around Obi because he's the face of the revolution we seek.

Thisssssss.

Like this is noticeably obvious during this election, and that's how you know that it is not an Igbo vs. Yoruba thing, rather it's between the youth and the aged, and the new and old.

Even Igbo elders have been dragged too, the most recent being Moghalu*.

Soludo has been dragged, as well, so Blaqfaze or what are you OP, trying to set up only Yoruba elders and Wole Soyinka as some sole receivers of fire from Obidients won't fly. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And you know what I find impressive about this whole thing?

I have not seen Yorubas coming together to call to order any Yoruba chieftain or public figure who has misyarned at one time or the other.

And I mean Yorubas as a collective.

It's like we're always so afraid of speaking truth to power and of ruffling some feathers in blind subservience to shallow material benefits and positions.

(You're free to right me if I am wrong, civilly.)

It's sad, mahn.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by BlaqFaze: 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Thisssssss.

Like this is noticeably obvious during this election, and that's how you know that it is not an Igbo vs. Yoruba thing, rather it's between the youth and the aged, and the new and old.

Soludo has been dragged, as well, so Blaqfaze or what are you OP, trying to set up only Yoruba elders and Wole Soyinka as some sole receivers of fire from Obidients won't fly. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have not seen Yorubas coming together to call to order any Yoruba chieftain or public figure who has misyarned at one time or the other.

It's like we're always so afraid of speaking truth to power and of ruffling some feathers in blind subservience to shallow material benefits and positions (you're free to right me if I am wrong, civilly).

It's sad, mahn.
I just collect stray bullet for matter wey nor consign me
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
BlaqFaze:
I just collect stray bullet for matter wey nor consign me

Sorry.

Na PureFace I wan quote. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's the OP of the thread.
Re: It Is Wole Soyinka's Turn To Be Disrespected Who Is Next Among Yoruba Leader? by gammarays1: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Thisssssss.

It's like we're always so afraid of speaking truth to power and of ruffling some feathers in blind subservience to shallow material benefits and positions.

(You're free to right me if I am wrong, civilly.)

It's sad, mahn.
You're not wrong. I term it hypocrisy if one or a group of people can only castigate someone inside but end up praising him or keeping quiet outside.

They're castigating the obidient movement for standing against this evil system. The same system they suffered and cried against. They now tag it an Igbo stuff forgetting the Igbos showed an example by retiring their own non performing politicians.

Times and seasons await everyone to reap whatever they sow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The View Of The New Oyingbo Bridge At Night / More Updates On Gov Yahaya Bello Property Acquisition / Fashola May Close Down Us Embassy Warehouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.