Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,164 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? (14153 Views)

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) / Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by MrWhy1(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Omo to dun

Going by your logic. You should start learning to speak Mandarin(Chinese) because the world is going East in few years time, besides Westerners have started learning it. For your information, there is a difference between Lingua Franca and Native Language.

With this kind thinking, No wonder other people see us as folks wey no fit think for themselves. Do you have a written history pre-European colonization? Your history was passed down Orally.

Until the day we start to do things by ourselves and think for ourselves, we will never be taken seriously. It was a white man who infamously said that "the African man can't think for himself". I thought you would be encouraging more scholarly research on this subject.

Let me ask you, How and where did the language English originate from? And do you think the English words and alphabets is 100% Anglo Saxon?
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by kemmeye: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
igbo boy:

^^^ Hey stewie is known for his re.tarded contributions in family guy. Take down that pic and maybe i will view you as an adult and not some little kid

so yeah im just gonna ignore you cuz its not even worth it seriousli cuz i tried to reason with you and then you call my opinion re.tarded i mean who does that.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Repubocrat(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
omo_to_dun:

You are merely observing the immediate benefits of this so-called pseudo efficient communication. The world is becoming one and if we are to successfully compete with other nations, we have to look beyond superficial gains and strive to promote a language that not only will benefit our citizens but will also empower and enable them to rub shoulders with their foreign counterparts. In this capacity we only have two options: our indigenous languages or the English language.

I support the latter for the following reasons:

[list]
[li]More than 99% of the books that any educated person in Nigerian has ever read was written in English.[/li]
[li]We are currently conversing using the English language, not pidgin, not our indigenous languages, and not any other language.[/li]
[li]English is the official language of Nigeria.[/li]
[li]Those who understand and/or speak pidgin can understand formal English; the reverse is not always the case.[/li]
[li]The amount of work it would take to transcribe all the textbooks and scholarly works to our indigenous languages or even Pidgin would be so gargantuan as to be impractical.[/li]
[/list]

Additionally, the irony of folks using the English Language to coherently express their opinions while advocating for Pidgin is not only heartwarming, but also fascinating. Not everyone in Nigeria speaks pidgin fluently. There are so many thoughts that you cannot express in Pidgin. As a man who speaks Yoruba with almost the same ease as that which an American fat boy eats cake, I can authoritatively tell you that there are no pidgin equivalents for proverbs, tons of phrases, native terms, etc. My Pidgin is not weak, seeing as I am an Edo boy, but if Nigerians should stick with a language, it should be English. After all, could I have written all the aforementioned in Pidgin, or in Yoruba? Could you? No. I doubt it.

If you read the entire thread, you would notice that I support English.

My present argument is that if languages can be ranked according to superiority, then Pidgin takes precedence over every other indigenous language.

Nevertheless, all methods of communication has their qwirks. The existence of proverbs and idioms in indigenous languages falls short on the priority scale in comparison to pidgin's ability to cross ethnic lines. I'll admit that pidgin is apparently not globally established, but from a practical standpoint, having all Nigerians Speak pidgin would be easier than having all Nigerians speak one indigenous language.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2011
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Repubocrat(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2011
igbo boy:

^^^inferiority complex go kill naija i swear, what happened to valuing our own indigenous languages?

You are bringing jamaica into it undecided your analogies are re.tarded. Jamaicans for one are lost people, they dont know where they are from (i dont mean africa) they were brainwashed by the whites hence their patois).

We are in our native land and yet we want to speak a language that was derived from another language not native to our lands? your head dey shake wella,

I like pdgin but when it comes to official na indigienous languages all the way (for me na igbo)

Myopia is a disease!

How the heck is the world supposed to venture into our economy if they can't communicate with us.  I reckon your myopic views would agree that a nation can survive in isolation.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by dlimelite: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
[quote][/quote] from Mz. Darkskin this is the same issue we had on my island (jamaica) about our patois.
some of the 'uppidy' negroes there and who've moved abroad act like they are ashamed
of our unique dialect language.

I say ABSOLUTELY! be VERY proud of your pidgin for the pidgin is a reflection of Nigerian history, people and culture.
We can learn a lot about a people's past and heritage based on their languages alone, believe it or not.

Kind of like we can hear the Germanic, Francophone, Latin; etc influences in the English language.  

What's your concern in Nigeria's Pidgin English/Language. Is that why you learn our language to insult Nigerians/Africans on youtube FAKE JAIMACAN TROLL! shocked. You dont even like Africans esp Nigerians so piss off. Youre only here to gain knowledge so you can go back and insult Africans
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Repubocrat(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Absolutely. But why pidgin English , instead of standard English?

My comments are being misconstrued.

Standard English takes utmost precedence. Pidgin comes second. All other indigenous languages are 3rd, 4th to the 259th! But yes! Standard english is the no-brainer choice.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by MrWhy1(m): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Igbo boy

If they(the Jamaicans) were brainwashed by whites as you believe, why didn't they stick wholly to the 'Queens English'. They adopted patio so they could identify and see themselves differently. It is what we call pride and not inferiority complex. In addition to that, they came up with a unique form of religious movement called Rastafari(although it needs some reformation) but it went Global that even other people are influenced by it including British, Germans, Americans , etc.

I am very certain that Jamaicans,(the lost people) as you labeled them are far more respected than YOU. Why because they came up with something unique and have a strong sense of identity despite the fact that their original culture was lost.

We are in Nigeria, an artificial country created by the British. In order to carry ourselves along , we need something that we can universally identify and adhere to as one nation and not the tribalism and kolomentality that goes on everyday.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Shagalo: 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2011
Una good evening o! Dis na my first post, so abeg, all U battlecats take am easy.

Conversation, good communication only makes things better in a relation. - Big Daddy Kane

For 9ja, we nor get good relationship between ourselves because of different tribes, different languages, different dis, different dat. Pidgin, or Nainglish (as I dey call am) na hin be one tin whey dey unite all of us culturally. Oder tribes no go gree if dem choose one tribe's language as the official lingo of 9ja, so Nainglish na common ground.

English derive from broken German, mixed with broken French underpinned with broken Latin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language Today na international language.

Tomorrow when 9ja, the giant of Africa wake up, na so Nainglish go propagate the world (Can I get an amen?)  wink
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by MrWhy1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Omo to dun

My guy, you know in our society, we were brought up to see English as the almighty language. Not knowing that the language spread because of the British Empire. Before English, there was Latin, that is why the highest authority of the catholic church still use the Latin rites and conduct their mass in Latin. There are calls for the Vatican to switch to a language that Catholics from other cultures who come to the service understands.

Our native languages should come first, But since we are living in this artificially created country called Nigeria, pidgin sounds like a good option for a Lingua Franca because many people understand and speak it fluently. Besides, a foreigner who isn't brought up in the language or lived in Nigeria long can't come overnight and learn to speak it because it is a 'simplified' language as Wikipedia is making us to believe. Haven't you come across graduates in Nigeria who went to university and can't even converse in 'Queens English' fluently? When I went to Russia to undertake a course that wasn't offered in Niaja and many countries, I was made to learn the language for a year before i started my full degree programme.

Have you heard of this joke . "Mr Gramatology, your English is bad, na so I see am, becos no bi my Papa language".

We can start by Researching and putting more emphasizes on the importance of the study of linguistic and philosophy of language.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2011
igbo boy:

^^^inferiority complex go kill naija i swear, what happened to valuing our own indigenous languages?

You are bringing jamaica into it undecided your analogies are re.tarded. Jamaicans for one are lost people, they dont know where they are from (i dont mean africa) they were brainwashed by the whites hence their patois).

We are in our native land and yet we want to speak a language that was derived from another language not native to our lands? your head dey shake wella,

I like pdgin but when it comes to official na indigienous languages all the way (for me na igbo)

fu[b]c[/b]k off!  angry.

Patois is a mixture of french, spanish, english and various AFRICAN dialects. tongue How is it a product of brainwashing, cunumunu??! [size=18pt]How does saying something to the effect of "di whole ah unu" which means 'ALL OF YALL', evidence that we are trying to be or brainwashed by whites?[/size]  And you want to call someone else's reasoning reetarded! SMH!

how in the hell are we lost because of our multicultral language? Are you that daft that you'd actually think
because we are not speaking full Igbo, Yoruba, or an Akan dialect or any native African language that we are lost people?

Abeg [size=18pt]get your head out of your a$$[/size] and talk what you know. Damn st.upid. And btw some of us Jamos DO know where we are from.

You'd be surprised how many of us have not only studied on Africa and live our lives based on our heritage but have
even repatriated to the motherland particularly Ghana (<< most of us are from) and Ethiopia (<< religious reasons). Educate yourself and stop being so damn tribal all of the time.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
blakmonsta:

You cant learn sh1t about anyones history from pidgin except that they are empty in the brain. You can learn a LIFETIME of information from learning a proper Nigerian language. Start with Hausa, it's easy. Or meet me, and I'll teach you Yoruba. Have you heard a girl with a high tenor voice speaking urhobo?  I swear you will fall in love instantly!

[size=18pt]Actually one who is interested and open minded can learn alot from pidgin.[/size]
Seeing as how it is a combination of various Nigerian languages and English which again is the story of Nigeria herself. Anyway, I would rather not have a back and forth with someone who claims:

[size=18pt]'pidgin is for morons who cannot grasp basic comprehension'[/size]

i have enough 'Uncle Toms' to deal with on an everyday basis here in the United States I don't need to engage in an online battle with one. tongue

Fokativ:

^^^ Nothing do you man. Rastafariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ABEG! i am Jamaican, not a 'rasta'. grin grin
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
Repubocrat:

Myopia is a disease!

How the heck is the world supposed to venture into our economy if they can't communicate with us. I reckon your myopic views would agree that a nation can survive in isolation.

school na good thing o,

Look at japan no 3 economy in the world
look at china no 2 economy in the world
look at germany no 4 economy i the world,

I hope you aren't too daft to guess where i am going with this, dullington, or is it dullard undecided
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Igbo boy

If they(the Jamaicans) were brainwashed by whites as you believe, why didn't they stick wholly to the 'Queens English'. They adopted patio so they could identify and see themselves differently. It is what we call pride and not inferiority complex. In addition to that, they came up with a unique form of religious movement called Rastafari(although it needs some reformation) but it went Global that even other people are influenced by it including British, Germans, Americans , etc.

I am very certain that Jamaicans,(the lost people) as you labeled them are far more respected than YOU. Why because they came up with something unique and have a strong sense of identity despite the fact that their original culture was lost.

We are in Nigeria, an artificial country created by the British. In order to carry ourselves along , we need something that we can universally identify and adhere to as one nation and not the tribalism and kolomentality that goes on everyday.

wow are u serious? stop portraying daftness here.
They were slaves (uneducated slaves with no formal education)

Hw do you think pidgin/creole came to be? Original pidgin speakers were not educated or well versed in the original language itself and so duh diluted the language severely to what their brain could accomodate.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

fu[b]c[/b]k off!  angry.

Patois is a mixture of french, spanish, english and various AFRICAN dialects. tongue How is it a product of brainwashing, cunumunu??! [size=18pt]How does saying something to the effect of "di whole ah unu" which means 'ALL OF YALL', evidence that we are trying to be or brainwashed by whites?[/size]  And you want to call someone else's reasoning reetarded! SMH!

how in the hell are we lost because of our multicultral language? Are you that daft that you'd actually think
because we are not speaking full Igbo, Yoruba, or an Akan dialect or any native African language that we are lost people?

Abeg [size=18pt]get your head out of your a$$[/size] and talk what you know. Damn st.upid. And btw some of us Jamos DO know where we are from.

You'd be surprised how many of us have not only studied on Africa and live our lives based on our heritage but have
even repatriated to the motherland particularly Ghana (<< most of us are from) and Ethiopia (<< religious reasons). Educate yourself and stop being so damn tribal all of the time.

UHUM definitely a daft thing, i hereby christen you daftington
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
igbo boy:

wow are u serious? stop portraying daftness here.
They were slaves (uneducated slaves with no formal education)

Hw do you think pidgin/creole came to be? Original pidgin speakers were not educated or well versed in the original language itself and so duh diluted the language severely to what their brain could accomodate.

don't make me take this to another level!
because i will get started on YOUR people. There is a reason Biafra failed and it's cause of ppl like you.
There is a reason slavery occurred again. . .PPL LIKE YOU! You want to insult my ancestors?? we can go there!!!  angry angry angry angry angry angry

Quote from: Mr--Why on Today at 04:59:00 PM
@Igbo boy

[size=18pt]If they(the Jamaicans) were brainwashed by whites as you believe, why didn't they stick wholly to the 'Queens English'. They adopted patio so they could identify and see themselves differently. It is what we call pride and not inferiority complex. In addition to that, they came up with a unique form of religious movement called Rastafari(although it needs some reformation) but it went Global that even other people are influenced by it including British, Germans, Americans , etc. [/size]

[size=18pt]I am very certain that Jamaicans,(the lost people) as you labeled them are far more respected than YOU. Why because they came up with something unique and have a strong sense of identity despite the fact that their original culture was lost.[/size]

FINALLY!!!!  grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! Finally someone open minded and can reason with respect.  cheesy
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
igbo boy:

UHUM definitely a daft thing, i hereby christen you daftington

Go fu[b]ck[/b] yourself.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

Go fu[b]ck[/b] yourself.

daftington hw fa na? grin why r u being vulgar
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

don't make me take this to another level!
because i will get started on YOUR people. There is a reason Biafra failed and it's cause of ppl like you.
There is a reason slavery occurred again. . .PPL LIKE YOU! You want to insult my ancestors?? we can go there!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

umm like i give 3 focks, what u gon do ogbanje di ka gi,

Saying jamaican ancestry is that of slavery, is that an insult or a fact? Or did u guys wake up one day enter a yacth and sail to jamaica? catching feelings for sure. why dont u go jump off the river niger if u gat issues with what i said
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2011
igbo boy:

umm like i give 3 focks, what u gon do ogbanje di ka gi,

Saying jamaican ancestry is that of slavery, is that an insult or a fact? Or did u guys wake up one day enter a yacth and sail to jamaica? catching feelings for sure. why dont u go jump off the river niger if u gat issues with what i said

igboTARD, evidently you do give 4 FOCKS and a bag of fufu tongue for you to even reply.
abeg take your tired "igbo supremacy" rants elsewhere iidiot! you just showed how uneducated and daft you are.
then tried to turn this into comedy. there's nothing funny about an ignorant "nigga" - be IT american or african (you).
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by MrWhy1(m): 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Igbo boy

You be ignoramus of the highest order. In fact, I give you the title Sir Ignoramus.

What do you know about education? If you are so versed in your so called 'Queens English' and education, why haven't You or your compatriot won a Nobel prize in subjects that really matter, physics, chemistry, Economics, etc. Yet other scholars from other cultures apart from 'English' speaking have banked the prize more than once. Go and ask a Jewish man how Yiddish came to be. Have you ever heard the word CONCEPT before. If you were thought the Law of Relativity or Quantum Mechanics in Pidgin, I am certain that it would still stick in your head like super glue for years.

What do you mean by formal education? The last time I checked Henry Ford who created one of the greatest automobile industry you work tooth and nail to get never had a formal education amongst others including the great Socrates, You see you are lost and in perpetual denial who believe that education can only be achieved formally.

Have you ever heard of the word 'autodidact-ism'. From the very day you were born, God gave you thought, your front lobe to REASON. That is why Logic was the first discipline developed and it beget Philosophy and Philosophy beget all sciences and arts you have in your so called 'formal education'. You rely on formal education that is why you can't think for yourself, no innovation, no ingenuity. Even to build bridge, you call the Chinese who don't have good command of English language to come build it for you.

Nwafo, you need urgent deliverance from centuries of brainwashing and please stop watching too much western media and start doing your own research Anu-mkpama(He-goat) like you.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 12:01am On Sep 22, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Igbo boy

You be ignoramus of the highest order. In fact, I give you the title Sir Ignoramus.

What do you know about education? [b]If you are so versed in your so called 'Queens English' and education, why haven't You or your compatriot won a Nobel prize in subjects that really matter, physics, chemistry, Economics, etc. Yet other scholars from other cultures apart from 'English' speaking have banked the prize more than once. [/b]Go and ask a Jewish man how Yiddish came to be. Have you ever heard the word CONCEPT before. If you were thought the Law of Relativity or Quantum Mechanics in Pidgin, I am certain that it would still stick in your head like super glue for years.

What do you mean by formal education? The last time I checked Henry Ford who created one of the greatest automobile industry you work tooth and nail to get never had a formal education amongst others including the great Socrates, You see you are lost and in perpetual denial who believe that education can only be achieved formally.

Have you ever heard of the word 'autodidact-ism'. From the very day you were born, God gave you thought, your front lobe to REASON. That is why Logic was the first discipline developed and it beget Philosophy and Philosophy beget all sciences and arts you have in your so called 'formal education'. You rely on formal education that is why you can't think for yourself, no innovation, no ingenuity. Even to build bridge, you call the Chinese who don't have good command of English language to come build it for you.

Nwafo, you need urgent deliverance from centuries of brainwashing and please stop watching too much western media and start doing your own research Anu-mkpama(He-goat) like you.

that is why u will remain daft.

here is my response to repubocrat

igbo boy:

school na good thing o,

Look at japan no 3 economy in the world
look at china no 2 economy in the world
look at germany no 4 economy i the world,

I hope you aren't too daft to guess where i am going with this, dullington, or is it dullard undecided

where did i promote english? eediot i have always said i prefered an indigineous language. I named those countries where people speak their indigienous language and are well developed.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 12:04am On Sep 22, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

igboTARD, evidently you do give 4 FOCKS and a bag of fufu tongue for you to even reply.
abeg take your tired "igbo supremacy" rants elsewhere iidiot! you just showed how uneducated and daft you are.
then tried to turn this into comedy. there's nothing funny about an ignorant "nigga" - be IT american or african (you).

is that your best come back line?

show me where i made igbo supremacist remarks? U will be forever daft i swear.

na u com go school abi? When u no sabi simple history, Daftington u are

Then here u are using the "n" word to sound cool? undecided Read a book negroid
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by MrWhy1(m): 12:07am On Sep 22, 2011
@MsDarksin

Nne, you are welcome jare. Always be proud of your root. Do not let uncle Toms like this ogbuefi(Judas Aka Igbo boy) make you think otherwise. For him to utter such words and think of his black brothers in such manner, shows how mentally derailed he is becoming and need revival/ rude awakening before he reaches the point of no return.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 12:17am On Sep 22, 2011
^^ ara bawa kwa gi ebahu, ishi gi odiri kwa mma,
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by MrWhy1(m): 12:24am On Sep 22, 2011
@Igbo boy

Anuofia. We are talking about generally understood language(Lingua Franca) to be specific as a means of effective communication and the understanding of concept of subject matter and not promotion of English or native languages. Read my posts Ewu(She-Goat), if we were ever to adopt a common language for 'Nigeria' apart from 'Queens English', pidgin would be the alternative for everyone to other regional native languages.

You did emphasize education and not language in your post to ]repubocrat. iti like you who can't read between the lines. Your teacher would fail you for your invalid premise.

Aturu(Mallam Ram) like you.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by MrWhy1(m): 12:38am On Sep 22, 2011
@Igbo boy

Nna, o gi wa bu uzo na kpo our black sister ihi.

If you call them negroid, the syllogism below summarizes your logic.

If Jamaicans are negroid, and Jamaicans originate from Africa, therefore All Africans are negriod.

Including you simpleton. Carry on the onyibo legacy and humiliate your own. Blind maggot like you. In fact, if you were to walk into a white neighborhood unknowingly , the first thing that will cross their mind would be "what is that 'nigga' doing here" without minding if you were African or not, because you are simple a BLACK MAN to them.

Mind the way you use language concerning your own people. As I said, you need deliverance Nama(Cow) like you.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by chima2011: 12:41am On Sep 22, 2011
Pidgin na the only real thing wey be Nigerian in that say all of us de understand am, rich, poor, educated, illitrate, genius, retards evrybody!!!
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 12:44am On Sep 22, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Igbo boy

Anuofia. We are talking about generally understood language(Lingua Franca) to be specific as a means of effective communication and the understanding of concept of subject matter and not promotion of English or native languages. Read my posts Ewu(She-Goat), if we were ever to adopt a common language for 'Nigeria' apart from 'Queens English', pidgin would be the alternative for everyone to other regional native languages.

You did emphasize education and not language in your post to ]repubocrat. iti like you who can't read between the lines. Your teacher would fail you for your invalid premise.

Aturu(Mallam Ram) like you.

mr why unukwu mmanwu, onye nwe obodo, i hail u first of all,

second of all mechionu gi, e nwe onu kube
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by igboboy1(m): 12:47am On Sep 22, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Igbo boy

If Jamaicans are negroid, and Jamaicans originate from Africa, therefore All Africans are negriod.

Including you simpleton. Carry on the onyibo legacy and humiliate your own. Blind maggot like you. In fact, if you were to walk into a white neighborhood unknowingly , the first thing that will cross their mind would be "what is that 'nigga' doing here" without minding if you were African or not, because you are simple a BLACK MAN to them.

Mind the way you use language concerning your own people. As I said, you need deliverance Nama(Cow) like you.

aint nothing wrong with negroid, there is negroid, caucasoid, mongoloid (biko ga akwukwo hapu ahia) so what are u talking about efi(cow)

certified dullard u are.
Re: Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 22, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Igbo boy

NUFF SAID! cool cool

and i am ALWAYS proud of my roots! Ignorant imb3ciles like Igbo BOY won't change that! cool
no need to continue arguing with him tho. you'd be better off wasting time watching the 'teletubies' on youtube. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osole Gbewa 15 Million Tabi 9million. / Learn How To Speak Pidgin Language / BBC Apologizes To Emir Sanusi Over False Publication Of Financial Recklessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.