Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,476 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum (398 Views)

Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me / For Those Arguing See Video Of The Nonsense Rice Sent By Government / Nigerians Should Thank Me For Being Allowed To Vote— Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum by DesChyko: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2023
Minutes ago, I stumbled upon this thread on front-page: 'Okowa Sends Anambra Woman Back To Her State For Constituting Nuisance In Asaba'. Link here

It was such a sensational headline and it gave me the Adams Oshiomole vibes as per his 'Go and Die' antics of yesteryears. I settled down to read what crime the woman must have committed to attract the attention of Okowa.

Lo and behold, I was shocked to find out that the topic is in a suspicious disagreement with the content. Absolutely! First off, the entire fiasco was overseen by the Ministry of Women and Social Welfare. At no point did Okowa, or an assigned representative or spokesperson make any appearance all through the narrative.

Secondly, the said woman was actually sent back to her place of origin with a token to start a business; she was empowered which is a very laudable thing. It doesn't matter where she was asked to reside from then on, she was given an opportunity for a fresh start (and warned not to engage in street begging again). Take another look at the headline and see if it includes this part.

The purpose of this senational headline serves only one purpose; and that is to create tension unnecessarily. For the Commissioner and all parties associated with this firsthand, it is a positive, an achievement and something to build upon. For the news source providing this information, it is derogatory to one side at least
In line with Nairaland's latest policy on easing tribal friction, such a thread should never have made frontpage. It should have been long trashed or adjusted to reflect the real story.

I'd advise moderators to be wary of the stories they allow to exist here, especially those from media known to be very minimal with the truth. This source is a notorious one at that; don't take my word for it-see for yourself.

Shalom.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum by Odetokun3(m): 10:28am On Apr 08, 2023
You spoke well

3 Likes

Re: The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum by frbona: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2023
One bottle of beer for you

2 Likes

Re: The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum by Kabirudeen25(m): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2023
It was already giving some idiots intense orgasm. Igbo beggars are so unheard of, that when one is eventually spotted, it makes international headlines cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum by Iykopee(m): 10:44am On Apr 08, 2023
Were you expecting an unintelligent mod to read and understand what's in the write-up before pushing same to frontpage?

Seun messed up by bringing in people who aren't barely educated to moderate their own little spaces let alone Nairaland. It's appalling.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum by helinues: 10:58am On Apr 08, 2023
Honestly, that headline did not make any sense.
Re: The Nonsense Being Allowed To Go On In This Forum by ManOfMan: 11:56am On Apr 08, 2023
helinues:
Honestly, that headline did not make any sense.

So you can be honest? I wonder in bewilderment

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu On Vacation Before Inauguration / Nnamdi Kanu Recap: How The Parents Of Nnamdi Kanu Die Due To Biafra Referendum / I Won't Recognise Anyone As President Elect Methodist Archbishop Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.