Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me (48077 Views)

Magu: I Have Never Received Bribe All My Life / Malami Replies Magu: I Will Gladly Testify Before Salami Panel / Fayose To Magu: I Must Not Die In EFCC Cell As You Have Boasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by dre11(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2020
Ibrahim Magu, suspended acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has described the allegations levelled against him as “nonsense”.

Speaking with The Nation hours after he was released from police custody, Magu said he was shocked when he read the allegations designed to tarnish his image.

He was arrested last week and whisked to the presidential villa in Abuja, where he appeared before a panel President Muhammadu Buhari set up to probe the EFCC under him.

The panel is headed by Ayo Salami, retired president of the appeal court.

“They are nonsense. They are mere trump up allegations to tarnish my image and that of the EFCC. I did not steal or divert or convert funds to private use. I read the allegations and I was shocked,” Magu was quoted to have said.

“What I have gone through is a case of dog eats dog but I see it as one of those risks of the job… we must not give up in any way.”

Magu, who vowed to fight corruption till the end, thanked those who stood by him when he was in detention.

He asked Nigerians not to give up on the fight against corruption, saying: “Corruption kills a nation faster than any other thing.”

“I thank Nigerians for their support, they should not be discouraged. I am happy to be back, I believe the war against corruption is winnable,” he said.

“Whether I am EFCC Chairman or not, the anti-corruption war must continue.”

Magu’s travails followed a memo by Malami accusing him of grave malfeasance. He was alleged to have mishandled the recovered loot and sold seized assets to his associates.

A slew of allegations has come to the fore since his arrest. He was alleged to have purchased a property in Dubai, United Arab Emirate using a pastor as a conduit.

He was also alleged to have laundered over N500 billion through a bureau-de-change in Kaduna.

Magu earlier denied the allegations through his lawyers.

Mohammaded Umar, former director of operations at the EFCC, has taken charge of the commission in acting capacity.
https://www.thecable.ng/magu-i-was-shocked-when-i-read-the-nonsense-allegations-against-me

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by dre11(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2020
Magu opens up on detention travails

Suspended Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has opened up on his travails while in detention.

He asked Nigerians not to give up on the fight against corruption.

He said whether he is the chairman of EFCC or not, “Nigerians must own the war against corruption, which President Muhammadu Buhari is determined to eradicate.”

He said what he went through was “one of those risks of the job.”

He said all the allegations flying around were to tarnish his image and that of EFCC.

Magu, who spoke exclusively with THE NATION, said: “As for me, I will forever wage war against corruption. I urge Nigerians to continue to support the fight against corruption.

“They should not give up on the fight because corruption kills a nation faster than any other thing.

“It is not a personal fight. Whether I am EFCC Chairman or not, the anti-corruption war must continue.

“What I have gone through is a case of dog eats dog but I see it as one of those risks of the job. But we must not give up in any way.

On the allegations against him, he said: “They are nonsense. They are mere trump up allegations to tarnish my image and that of the EFCC. I did not steal or divert or convert funds to private use. I read the allegations and I was shocked.

“I thank Nigerians for their support, they should not be discouraged. I am happy to be back, I believe the war against corruption is winnable.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/exclusive-magu-opens-up-on-detention-travails/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by socialmediaman: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2020
This is one side of the story you may never hear on the media. But it will all make sense with time, forget the whole orchestrated misdirection:

https://www.nairaland.com/5981088/know-people-know-people-then

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by LibertyRep: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2020
We were shocked too. I'm sure the president would also be shocked.

Magu knew the charade will end like the others before him.

If they are seriously serious, Magu should be having a date with a judge in the courtroom.

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by allthingsgood: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Initial gragra

Till it's time for the court to give judgment, then he will start begging. Magu is playing the long game

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by Leboska(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2020
See corruption personified talking hmmmmm what a shameless, common thief.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by yinkus6750(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Until we see the report of the Panel, whatever his saying is inconsequential.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by Racoon(m): 8:02am On Jul 16, 2020
Imagine Magu that couldn't defend himself convincingly now saying this crap.Perhaps he knows they will eventually allow him go scot free as usual of the lopsided anti-corruption fight of the govt he subserve.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by agwom(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Very soon he will join Mr Joshua Dariye and others in the prison

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by junketer(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2020
It's done. Message has been sent to tinubu and he has received it. Fear north.

7 Likes

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by sammychimex(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2020
So everybody is lying against you .

1 Like

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by IMASTEX: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2020
Same way your shock, shocked your boss. In a saner clan, you would have been shocked in prison after just a month on that seat. But of course, Nigerians will be shocked if anything happens to you by law. Enjoy yourself Sir, you're in a perfect country for your kind.

CLICK HERE for quality snail breeders, Jumbo for resale, calcium supplement for growth & development, training & mentorship, etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by Edopesin: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2020
only you 300+ houses, 550 billion re-looted... I'm also shocked

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by LORDLARGE(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2020
President shocked
Mag u Shocked
Even Abba Kyari is expressing shock at his grave right now.
This guy may most likely have negotiated soft landing with the panel
watch how this case dies a natural death

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by wetmenow: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2020
Another Shocker

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2020
Magu is not guilty until proven guilty!

13 Likes

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by IamPatriotic(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2020
Na that shock go kill you, they have given you soft landing, because you all operate in a league of corruption.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by omoadeleye(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2020
Now they are about to sweep everything under the carpet

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by Blaze232(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2020
You are a stupid man. How will u say these nonsense.. The toothlessness bulldog can't bite again

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by Slawormir: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by BanevsJoker(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2020
Of course you were. Shock runs in your family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by omenka(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2020
You and all the people surrounding you are mad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by IvarTheBoneless: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2020
grin

But you weren't shocked when the bank alerts were dropping like rain tongue

ODARAN.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by PureGoldh(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2020
Lwkmd grin

But he was not in shock when he was busy embezzling funds kept under ur custody.

Crime fighter wey wear crime like agbada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by seunlayi(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2020

This Magu has forgotten how him and his boys regularly arrest guys before looking for what to charge them for. Oga, go face your charges... Senior yahoo man

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by fastseo: 8:18am On Jul 16, 2020
grin Buhari is in shock.
Magu also in shock

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by israelmao(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2020
It seems there're many shockers in this government.These are the same nonsense allegations you sometimes made up against some innocent citizens,it is good that you too have had a feel of what some innocent Nigerians went through in your hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by positivelord: 8:18am On Jul 16, 2020
am actually "shocked" you are out already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2020
Give us proof to quash the nonsense. You are already talking nonsense as long as I care

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Truckload Of Fulani People Intercepted In Kogi State / Boko-Haram Tried To Kidnap 540 School-Girls At Bajoga, But Failed!! (Pictures) / Huge Bales Of Foreign Currencies Seized At Kano Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.