Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana (23276 Views)

Obi-datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code Act, Says Femi F / Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? / I Didn't Violate Any Law - Peter Obi On Pandora Paper (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by rollywise(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
APC that we clamored for by joining parties to dethrone PDP now has become a monster. Wow. But the God that handled Abacha will work again
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by ComptonGee: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
Does that mean anyone can say anything and claim it to be his personal opinion? Even slander, libel and inciting statements??
I need clarity on this freedom of speech and expression of personal opinion.
I thought one's personal opinion is personal until it affects the public mood and causes unrest. I think Falana is saying otherwise.
People are getting stupid trying to be the saints and the different ones.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Masterito(m): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Krugisback(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
[quote author=wahahlawahala post=122375604] not surprised.. na bicycle kick una dey use wake your parents fr that region.. poverty has eaten your brain , when your father mate are hustling ,he' busy looking for your mum , chai poverty has done people many things
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Bobbiee: 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2023
Yet, MC Oluomo the dog said what he said and these vile swine kept mute.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by goslowgoslow(m): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
Malory:
I don't know why mischief makers are trying to twist what the innocent Datti said regarding the highly rigged election as testified by international observers and democrats world over.
Abeg ask your so called Innocent Datti to shut up including Obi, two talkatives. You all claim the election was rigged and the have gone to court so they should let the court decide period!
Atiku also lost, he even came second but he his not making noise up and down like this two nuisances!
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by IfnobeGod20: 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
ComptonGee:
Does that mean anyone can say anything and claim it to be his personal opinion? Even slander, libel and inciting statements??
I thought one's personal opinion is personal until it affects the public mood and causes unrest. I think Falana is saying otherwise.
Can you be more catholic than the pope? Just because someone erroneously say something that doesn't make it right. Falana has quoted what constitute treason. Read below what criminal code says about treason:

Section 37 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Treason
(1) Any person who levies war against the State, in order to intimidate or overun the President or the Governor of a State, is guilty of treason, and is liable to the punishment of death.

[L.N. 112 of 1964. 1967 No. 27.]

(2) Any person conspiring with any person, either within or without Nigeria, to levy war against the State with intent to cause such levying of war as would be treason if committed by a citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason and is liable to the punishment of death:

Provided that nothing in this section shall prevent any act from being treason which is so by the laws of England as in force in Nigeria.

(3) (Inserted by L.N. 112 of 1964 and deleted by L.N. 139 of 1965).
More: https://jurist.ng/criminal_code_act/sec-37.

If you understand the above criminal code content, which part of his interview constitute war against the country or state that would have warranted been called treason?
He never he would fight the swearing in of Tinubu. He specifically called the president and CJN not to swear in Tinubu, is except you're insinuating that he is hand in glove with Buhari and CJN to cause war against itself.
I have not seen any practicing lawyer that call his statement treason, even ferocious Keyamo has not.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by shonepa(m): 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
Same obidients that criticized Wole Soyinka called em names, saying hes working for APC.

The true Obidients, are extremist.

quote author=Military0001 post=122374818]They don’t like people telling them the truth, but we will
Continue telling the truth whether they like it or not Obi,Datti and the Obidients family are learned and moves according to the law of the land.

We are not the desperate gang of take it, grab it and run group.[/quote]
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by IfnobeGod20: 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
Invest4growth:
Daddy Falz, what you are saying was not what Datti said on live TV sir

Your correct position is reproduced below
The law provides that the persons declared by INEC to have won the elections shall be sworn in pending the determination of the election petitions.

Dattis position is that there should be no swearing in. That democracy would die if there is any swearing in on May 29 based on inec result. It's repugnant sir
Repugnant to your ear but not the constitution.
Here below is the content of the criminal code on treason, that may clear your bias mind.

"Section 37 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Treason
(1) Any person who levies war against the State, in order to intimidate or overawe the President or the Governor of a State, is guilty of treason, and is liable to the punishment of death.

[L.N. 112 of 1964. 1967 No. 27.]

(2) Any person conspiring with any person, either within or without Nigeria, to levy war against the State with intent to cause such levying of war as would be treason if committed by a citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason and is liable to the punishment of death:

Provided that nothing in this section shall prevent any act from being treason which is so by the laws of England as in force in Nigeria.

(3) (Inserted by L.N. 112 of 1964 and deleted by L.N. 139 of 1965).
More: https://jurist.ng/criminal_code_act/sec-37"

Did Datti declare war on the government?
Did he say if you swear him in, there will be war or unrest?
He repeated said, he is talking based on constitution and not rhetoric. That breaching of constitution is ending of democracy. If I may ask, what is the pillar of democracy? It's the constitution. If any part is breached, to establish any authority is null and void, because you cannot build something on nothing.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Minime10(f): 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Akaojiaku210: 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
why are they always hunting them
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by luluman: 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Malory:
I don't know why mischief makers are trying to twist what the innocent Datti said regarding the highly rigged election as testified by international observers and democrats world over.
The only mischief maker is nairaland APC.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by DOM7: 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Let barrister professor Soyinka come and defend Lai Muhammad and co, i said Prof and many of them are illiterate of the constitution and electoral act and here is it. Let everyone maintain his line. His neither a lawyer nor a politician but is challenging somebody for a debate,why?
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by DOM7: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
Let barrister professor Soyinka come and defend Lai Muhammad and co, i said Prof and many of them are illiterate of the constitution and electoral act and here is it. Let everyone maintain his line. His neither a lawyer nor a politician but is challenging somebody for a debate,why? Is because a Yoruba man is involved? Soyinka himself over time has uttered many dangerous statement about the country and government.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Great141: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Jeftliu: 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
Abfinest007:
Why are APC so afraid of obi/datti. I thought they said he come 3rd then why so much attention is been placed on him

1) they invaded his privacy by tapping his phone calls
2) the minister of information said they should wait for another obi audio call recording
3) they're pushing for him to be arrested,for something that came third .what's APC hiding

They're not afraid of any of them by the way president elect have been issued cert of return and he shall be sworn in on May 29th until court decide the case... however if this two bad losers element are allow to continue making unguarded utterances it may lead to lost of life ...who will suffer most ...I swear Igbos will suffer most financially and lost of life as usual...even OBI or DATTI or urself won't be able to type shit you're typing now....it's easy to ignite war but very difficult to quench it
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Minime10(f): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
Jeftliu:

They're not afraid of any of them by the way president elect have been issued cert of return and he shall be sworn in on May 29th until court decide the case... however if this two bad losers element are allow to continue making unguarded utterances it may lead to lost of life ...who will suffer most ...I swear Igbos will suffer most financially and lost of life as usual...even OBI or DATTI or urself won't be able to type shit you're typing now....it's easy to ignite war but very difficult to quench it

Go Bleep your self joor
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Frank688915: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
wahahlawahala:
This man don dey fear those loud mouth uncouth cultists, cry cry babies called obedients...
those children of hate will still drag him wotowoto sooner or later
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Edoziesmart(m): 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
onlyboyson:
Bro you are completely a mugu
Falana that is old enough to be your grandfather that you are calling bro and also mugu at the same time?
If you talk this thing in front of his son falz I'm sure you won't see the sky again till the end of this year.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by timefarm(m): 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
See Falana defending the law in their favour. Let it be the other way and the unfortunate beings will come for him.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Awesome01(m): 3:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
Their comments doesn't violate section 37 but if it's from people from the other side, it becomes a punishable crime.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. You are a lawyer. You lawyers have different parts and sections in your law arsenal to convict and acquit the same criminal, depending on who is paying for your services.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by sogodihno: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Feintline:
There is nothing to twist here. Datti is right.
Anything against the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is unconstitutional.
From inec declared result, there is no constitutional elected president.
What we have now is yakubu-select.

From all indications, the court will decide who is the constitutional elected president.
That is why tinubu and gang needs to quit all these formats of distractions and come down to business to face the court.

Well, I really hope you will still like the court after they give their judgement
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Agreed but they would’ve been held responsible if some daft Obidients decided to take up the responsibility of truncating the handover. Obidients need to be put on a leash before they destroy Obi’s chances at the courts
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Bringbackmandat: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
Invest4growth:
Daddy Falz, what you are saying was not what Datti said on live TV sir

Your correct position is reproduced below
The law provides that the persons declared by INEC to have won the elections shall be sworn in pending the determination of the election petitions.

Dattis position is that there should be no swearing in. That democracy would die if there is any swearing in on May 29 based on inec result. It's repugnant sir
do you know that any election conducted without following the INEC rules is null and void? Since INEC refused to transmit results electronically from the polling units then the election is null and void and if the election is null and void then selecting someone to swear in as president is undemocratic.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Bringbackmandat: 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
bionixs:
Help me tall one naughty professor who is in his diminishing return stage. Who just woke up and found his voice after helping drag Nigeria to rock bottom by the government he supported
English no be your mate.
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Bringbackmandat: 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
ComptonGee:
yes bro, the same way MC oluomo was arrested for threatening the igbos abi?
Oluomo came out publicly to warn the igbos not to come out and vote if they are not going to vote for APC, yet people like you call it "a joke". While Baba Ahmed that advice CJN to wait for the court case is now termed "treason" Do we 2 laws in this country? One for you the other for us? Is that how you want Nigeria to be governed?
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by TrumpDonald2: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
OriOko88:
undecided
APC should just ignore Obi and his lap dog Datti pls. Cos of they arrest any of them,their mobs will start another end sars protest which the government may struggle to contain.

Obident mobs are like zombies,they re ready to devour anybody with contrary opinion. Dem don curse me tire on twitter.
Why them no go curse you when you have chosen not to have sense?
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by Mubiola360: 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
Abfinest007:
Why are APC so afraid of obi/datti. I thought they said he come 3rd then why so much attention is been placed on him

1) they invaded his privacy by tapping his phone calls
2) the minister of information said they should wait for another obi audio call recording
3) they're pushing for him to be arrested,for something that came third .what's APC hiding
They aren't hiding anything.
Obi/Labour started the hit up as they aren't giving up the lose the election.
For instance Atiku isn't jumping from media to media, he took the case to court while waiting patiently for the proceedings and outcome.
Obi/Datti busy causing terror with their provocative utterances and digging up cases that doesn't concern election into the space. (Drug case) although, the case has been long won by Tinubu during the time of OBJ. AIT (Dopkesi ) also payed for the mischief documentary. I pity Arise TV .
Politics is a dirty game. " If you do not want the public to know your mother first boyfriend , do not go into politics. Opposition are ready to dig your bad side out.
If Obi should keep quiet, APC will also have no issue with him . So !!
Re: Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana by bionixs: 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
English no be your mate.
yes o. I am an African , a Nigerian. If any of your neo-colonial masters measures up to 2% in my own dialect, make I naked go enter bus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges / We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku / #pmbwasted365days Trending On Twitter; PDP With Top Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.