Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue (1080 Views)

Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time / Hard Start Is Killing Me... / NISSAN SUNNY 2010 Hard Start Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by Sapiosexuall: 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hello good people. I'm beginning to be bothered about the issue of hard start with my car. Three different mechanics have changed the fuel pump but the hard start persists.

Initially, the car hard starts and kicks but now it hard starts and goes off. It only kicks after about three attempts. Everyone keeps saying the problem is from the fuel pump. I have changed the complete fuel pump three times but the problem persist.

Please I need professional help and advice on this embarrassing problem. I'm in Abuja
Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by KINGKONG(m): 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
Sapiosexuall:
Hello good people. I'm beginning to be bothered about the issue of hard start with my car. Three different mechanics have changed the fuel pump but the hard start persists.

Initially, the car hard starts and kicks but now it hard starts and goes off. It only kicks after about three attempts. Everyone keeps saying the problem is from the fuel pump. I have changed the complete fuel pump three times but the problem persist.

Please I need professional help and advice on this embarrassing problem. I'm in Abuja

Bro why is it hard for you to scan your car?

Go and diagnose your car and you will find the culprit, no allow Kazeem empty your account on top small matter

2 Likes

Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by boldx(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
Free scan. I am in Abuja.
Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by kingreign(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
Sapiosexuall:

Call him. He’s very highly recommended
Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by AutoManual: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
1, plug
2. Kick
3. Battery
4. Ignition
Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by Besto(m): 12:55am On Apr 10, 2023
Go check your crankshaft sensor

2 Likes

Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by Alvin007: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2023
Besto:
Go check your crankshaft sensor
I was about to suggest same.

2 Likes

Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by chukel(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Scan first.
Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
From experience, it is one of your relays that is at fault. Just change the relay and u will experience it no more.

Anytime it is doing hard starting, the Check Engine Light will not be on.

How then do u detect the particular relay that is at fault?, an experienced auto technician will do.

Betterstill, just approach the rewire that you want to a reprogramming of the vehicle, usually between 3k & 4k. It will also fish out the error than scanning the vehicle for 10/25k.

All the best.
Re: Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue by adanny01(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2023
Sapiosexuall:

You need to describe more of the issue.

Is the hard start on cold start or every time or hot start.

Cold start is usually after the car rest for 2hrs or more. This is usually fuel supply related, not necessarily fuel pump. Fuel should remain under pressure even after car is turn off. If the pump has to build pressure every time you start from cold, it will delay start. Issues can be leaking injector, bad pressure regulator or a pipe leak.

Every time hard start could be engine health related, such as, low compression, fouled plugs etc

Hot start is usually fuel pump.

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Gs300 Vs Toyota Avalon / Damaged Alternator in Motion / A Nigerian Road Without Learner's Sign You Can Imagine What Will Happen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.