Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? (9309 Views)

Why Sex Videos Would Lead Many Souls To Hell / Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why? / Bishop Oyedepo: "You See Where Change Has Brought Us Since 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:34am On Apr 09, 2023
Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ?

John 3:16 (KJV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

When I was still a little kid, I got my first ever Bible as a gift.

It was a Gideon's new testament Bible. I had received it as a prize for recitation of Psalms 1 off-hand.

It was from this same Gideon's new testament Bible that I got to realize that the most popular and translated verse of the Bible was John 3:16.

Many translations of the verse were also shared in the same Bible.

I also got to know that this same Bible verse had converted the most souls to Christ.

That wasn't surprising though since it was also the most popular and translated verse of the Bible.

God bless.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:35am On Apr 09, 2023
It wasn't also surprising that the Bible verse that had brought the most souls to Christ emanated from Christ Himself.

He paid the price for the sins of the world with His precious blood so He would want to do everything He could to make it count.

This is the reason He commanded His disciples to teach all men to keep His commandments after His resurrection and before His departure from the Earth.

Matthew 28:20 (KJV)

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

He knew that's the best way to bring souls to Himself and to get the most reward of His sufferings being the one that went through it Himself.

So it's not far-fetched that this verse of the Bible which brought the most souls to Christ so far came from the book of His favourite disciple, John, who followed Christ's instructions to teach all men to observe His Words.

Hence it's not by grammar or much studying that one is able to achieve such a feat but by simple obedience to what Jesus commanded us to do.

His sheep knows His Voice and His Voice is encoded into His Words, hence His sheep is able to decode His Voice when His Word is preached and thereby to be drawn to Him.

On a day when the focus of many worldwide was on the death and resurrection of Jesus, It makes sense to remember all Christ had to endure to pay the price for man's sins so the purpose is not defeated in our lives.

The purpose was to save souls.

Every single drop of blood He shed had souls attached to it.

The best way to save souls is to draw them using His Words, because He knows best how to draw them to Himself.

God bless.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 09, 2023
The story of God sacrificing his son is flawed for a number of reasons. First, it is not clear why God would need to sacrifice his son in order to save humanity. Second, if God is all-powerful, why couldn't he have found another way to save humanity without sacrificing his son? Third, the story of God sacrificing his son is based on a number of myths and legends that are not supported by any evidence. Finally, the story of God sacrificing his son is not consistent with the teachings of Christianity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by ItsReal: 6:47am On Apr 09, 2023
The Bible's Greatest Miracle - how it works.

----------------------------------

1. If you are a Christian, read the Bible over and over. Read every word, every sentence, every verse. Read all the books in the Bible.

2. Soon, you will either turn into

a) Atheist

b) Muslim or

c) Donkey

That's the Bible's greatest miracle.

Most ex-Christians, especially those who knew the Bible by hearts either became Atheists, Muslims or Donkeys (unsound mind)

WHY?

For example, ask these questions, then answer them yourselves

Who is God? Jesus. Where did Jesus come from? From his Father? Who is his Father? God. How many Gods?

Now, repeat the process and you will start to feel the wonder of madness sipping through your body

Next.........

Who is Mary? She is Jesus' mother. Who is Jesus? he is God who creates everything? Who creates Mary? stop..no more stupid question !!!!

Next........

Is Jesus God? Yes? Does God pray? No. Did Jesus pray? Yes. Whom did Jesus pray to? Jesus prayed to God the Father. How many Gods? One. Who is God? Jesus.

repeat and the warm of madness will slowly creep to your mind..and soul...

Next.......

Jesus was not made into God. He was already God. Was Jesus already God when he was in the womb? - no answer

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by ABIODUN105(m): 6:47am On Apr 09, 2023
Matthew 6;33 AND JOHN 3;16

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Flapp478(m): 6:52am On Apr 09, 2023
God is seeing us through
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 09, 2023
ItsReal:
The Bible's Greatest Miracle - how it works.

----------------------------------

1. If you are a Christian, read the Bible over and over. Read every word, every sentence, every verse. Read all the books in the Bible.

2. Soon, you will either turn into

a) Atheist

b) Muslim or

c) Donkey

That's the Bible's greatest miracle.

Most ex-Christians, especially those who knew the Bible by hearts either became Atheists, Muslims or Donkeys (unsound mind)

WHY?

For example, ask these questions, then answer them yourselves

Who is God? Jesus. Where did Jesus come from? From his Father? Who is his Father? God. How many Gods?

Now, repeat the process and you will start to feel the wonder of madness sipping through your body

Next.........

Who is Mary? She is Jesus' mother. Who is Jesus? he is God who creates everything? Who creates Mary? stop..no more stupid question !!!!

Next........

Is Jesus God? Yes? Does God pray? No. Did Jesus pray? Yes. Whom did Jesus pray to? Jesus prayed to God the Father. How many Gods? One. Who is God? Jesus.

repeat and the warm of madness will slowly creep to your mind..and soul...

Next.......

Jesus was not made into God. He was already God. Was Jesus already God when he was in the womb? - no answer
Exactly! Why do you think their pastor cherry pick some Bible verse? 🤣

When you raise up a critical question, they call you names and tell you to have "faith" which simply means close your mind, and stop thinking because the moment you start thinking you start having mixed feeling about the whole story! 😀

8 Likes

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:04am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
■ The story of God sacrificing his son is flawed for a number of reasons. First, it is not clear why God would need to sacrifice his son in order to save humanity. Second, if God is all-powerful, why couldn't he have found another way to save humanity without sacrificing his son? Third, the story of God sacrificing his son is based on a number of myths and legends that are not supported by any evidence. Finally, the story of God sacrificing his son is not consistent with the teachings of Christianity.
1. Scripture instead said, "God gave.....", it doesn't state that God sacrificed His Son, since the same Son said the following in John 10.
17 The Father loves me because I give my life. I give my life so that I can get it back again.
18 No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me. - John 10 vs 17 - 18
So, how can the same God be said to have "sacrificed" His son? undecided

God gave His Son, the agreement of peace promised through the Prophets of Old by the Father by which men are to be redeemed from the curse of Death and of Sin to the House of Jacob. That is what the Gospels instead tell the state. The doctrines and traditions of the religion of Christianity which sit far off from scripture are of the religion and just that. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:13am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
■ Exactly! Why do you think their pastor cherry pick some Bible verse? 🤣 When you raise up a critical question, they call you names and tell you to have "faith" which simply means close your mind, and stop thinking because the moment you start thinking you start having mixed feeling about the whole story! 😀
1. Your major problem is you keep depending on others to teach and explain to you what is written clearly in a book for you to process for your own. Na the same book all of una get access to so why expect them to answer those questions for you when you can read and critically reason the contexts for your own self? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Your major problem is you keep depending on others who teach and explain to you what is written clearly in a book for you to process for your own. Na the same book all of una get access to so why expect them to answer those questions for you when you can read and critically reason the contexts for your own self? undecided
Refer that question to the op. If you weren't smart enough to comprehend my statement, then good for you. What's with the "your", "you" .

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:27am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
■ Refer that question to the op. If you weren't smart enough to comprehend my statement, then good for you. What's with the "your", "you" .
OP didn't complete the following response, did he? undecided
Wagwanbrethren:
Exactly! Why do you think their pastor cherry pick some Bible verse? 🤣When you raise up a critical question, they call you names and tell you to have "faith" which simply means close your mind, and stop thinking because the moment you start thinking you start having mixed feeling about the whole story! 😀
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Scripture instead said, "God gave.....", it doesn't state that God sacrificed His Son, since the same Son said the following in John 10.
So, how can the same God be said to have "sacrificed" His son? undecided

God gave His Son, the agreement of peace promised through the Prophets of Old by the Father by which men are to be redeemed from the curse of Death and of Sin to the House of Jacob. That is what the Gospels instead tell the state. The doctrines and traditions of the religion of Christianity which sit far off from scripture are of the religion and just that. undecided
Gave him to what? You can't change it, it's a sacrifice, and nothing else. Or, you mean to say there were no other way God could have saved humanity aside "giving" his son! 😀

God knows the beginning and the end according to the Bible, so he knew his son Jesus was going to be given as a sacrifice, plus Jesus agreeing on it or not changed nothing, because it has been predestined to happen!
🤣
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
■ Gave him to what? You can't change it, it's a sacrifice, and nothing else. Or, you mean to say there were no other way God could have saved humanity aside "giving" his son! 😀
■ God knows the beginning and the end according to the Bible, so he knew his son Jesus was going to be given as a sacrifice, plus Jesus agreeing on it or not changed nothing, because it has been predestined to happen!🤣
1. This is very simple! Please find for us a scriptural reference for the claim that God sacrificed Jesus Christ! undecided

As for God giving Jesus Christ, well, Jesus Christ is God's agreement of Peace promised by God to the House of Jacob - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & John 3 vs 16 - so understandably, He was given by God to the Lost sheep of Israel as promised by God. undecided

2. I don't get it! So, God didn't know that Jesus Christ could lay down His life and pick it back up again meaning it wasn't really a sacrifice on the part of Jesus Christ? Let me ask this ... do you understand what a sacrifice is? Do you know what it means to sacrifice something? undecided
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. This is very simple! Please find for us a scriptural reference for the claim that God sacrificed Jesus Christ! undecided

As for God giving Jesus Christ, well, Jesus Christ is God's agreement of Peace promised by God to the House of Jacob - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & John 3 vs 16 - so understandably, He was given by God to the Lost sheep of Israel as promised by God. undecided

2. I don't get it! So, God didn't know that Jesus Christ could lay down His life and pick it back up again meaning it wasn't really a sacrifice on the part of Jesus Christ? Let me ask this ... do you understand what a sacrifice is? Do you know what it means to sacrifice something? undecided
Hebrews 10:12-14:
"But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

God could have used other ways to save humanity, or whatever the purpose was. Instead he gave the go ahead for Jesus to be sacrificed, that way he sacrificed him even though you claim Jesus chose to be. God sent his son Jesus to earth in the first place, or did he not know Jesus was going to insist on being the sacrificial Lamb. If he knew, then he indirectly sacrificed Jesus the first time he sent him to earth to save the world. Plus,this is something he could have averted without putting Jesus in a position where he would have to give his life up since he knows the future, except he doesn't! 🤷‍♂️

In conclusion, God sacrificed Jesus the moment he sent him to earth, because he knew everything that was going to happen. In other words everything went according to his will. Understood? 🤣
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 8:03am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Hebrews 10:12-14:
"But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

God could have used other ways to save humanity, or whatever the purpose was. Instead he gave the go ahead for Jesus to be sacrificed, that way he sacrificed him even though you claim Jesus chose to be. God sent his son Jesus to earth in the first place, or did he not know Jesus was going to insist on being the sacrificial Lamb. If he knew, then he indirectly sacrificed Jesus the first time he sent him to earth to save the world. Plus,this is something he could have averted without putting Jesus in a position where he would have to give his life up since he knows the future, except he doesn't! 🤷‍♂️

In conclusion, God sacrificed Jesus the moment he sent him to earth, because he knew everything that was going to happen. In other words everything went according to his will. Understood? 🤣
1. Let's go back to in fact see what the writer in Hebrew was speaking of, shall we? undecided
8 Christ first said, “You don’t want sacrifices and offerings. You are not pleased with animals killed and burned or with sacrifices to take away sin.” (These are all sacrifices that the law commands.)
9 Then he said, “Here I am, God. I have come to do what you want.” So God ends that first system of sacrifices and starts his new way.
10 Jesus Christ did the things God wanted him to do. And because of that, we are made holy through the sacrifice of Christ’s body. Christ made that sacrifice one time—enough for all time.
11 Every day the priests stand and do their religious service. Again and again they offer the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
12 But Christ offered only one sacrifice for sins, and that sacrifice is good for all time. Then he sat down at the right side of God.
13 And now Christ waits there for his enemies to be put under his power.
14 With one sacrifice Christ made his people perfect forever. They are the ones who are being made holy. - Hebrews 10 vs 8 - 14
Note that the context above does not say that God sacrificed Jesus Christ. Instead, the writer of the letter to the Hebrews, even after pointing out that Jesus Christ was well aware that God did not desire sacrifices, went on to romanticize Jesus Christ's obedience to God in addition to His laying down His life — and picking it back up again — as though it were a sacrifice. undecided

In case, you have forgotten, Jesus Christ clearly said that the Father was aware that He could lay down His life and pick it back up again — He volunteered to do this of His own will in obedience to His Father. undecided
17 The Father loves me because I give my life. I give my life so that I can get it back again.
18 No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me. - John 10 vs 17 - 18
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Let's go back to in fact see what the writer in Hebrew was speaking of, shall we? undecided
Note that the context above does not say that God sacrificed Jesus Christ. Instead, the writer of the letter to the Hebrews, even after pointing out that Jesus Christ was well aware that God did not desire sacrifices, went on to romanticize Jesus Christ's obedience to God in addition to His laying down His life — and picking it back up again — as though it were a sacrifice. undecided
Your point here exactly? Because you didn't in any way disprove my argument!

Also,the Bible does state that Jesus was sent to earth by God, and that he knew the beginning and the end. Therefore, God planned Jesus' death as a way to redeem humanity. How is that not sacrifice?
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Your point here exactly? Because you didn't in any way disprove my argument!
Actually two things
■ The passage reveals God did not sacrifice Jesus Christ as I had previously stated since Jesus Christ is quoted to have made clear that God did not desire a literal sacrifice of any kind, to begin with.
■ The passage insists that Jesus Christ did the things God wanted Him to do — He obeyed God's teachings and commandments. The writer then went on to idealize this by comparing it to a sacrifice on the part of Jesus Christ which then makes Salvation through Jesus Christ possible. undecided
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Actually two things
■ The passage reveals God did not sacrifice Jesus Christ as I had previously stated since Jesus Christ is quoted to have made clear that God did not desire a literal sacrifice of any kind, to begin with.
■ The passage insists that Jesus Christ did the things God wanted Him to do — He obeyed God's teachings and commandments. The writer then went on to idealize this by comparing it to a sacrifice on the part of Jesus Christ which then makes Salvation through Jesus Christ possible. undecided
Good, in other words God gave jesus to come die for us, in other words he gave him as a sacrifice to atone for human sin!
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 8:27am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
■ Also,the Bible does state that Jesus was sent to earth by God, and that he knew the beginning and the end.
■ Therefore, God planned Jesus' death as a way to redeem humanity. How is that not sacrifice?
1. The Bible does not state that Jesus Christ was sent to earth by God and that who knew the beginning and the end? undecided

2. Have you ever read John 1 vs 1 - 5 before? God planned Jesus's death as a way to redeem humanity. But Jesus Christ was well aware of the plan as made clear in His Gospel teachings and sermons. So, how is it a sacrifice if He already knew what was coming and how He would lay down His life and pick it back up again? undecided
1. After Jesus said these things, he looked toward heaven and prayed, “Father, the time has come. Give glory to your Son so that the Son can give glory to you.
2 You gave the Son power over all people so that he could give eternal life to all those you have given to him.
3 And this is eternal life: that people can know you, the only true God, and that they can know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.
4 I finished the work you gave me to do. I brought you glory on earth.
5 And now, Father, give me glory with you. Give me the glory I had with you before the world was made. ..
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me. I gave them this glory so that they can be one, just as you and I are one.
23 I will be in them, and you will be in me. So they will be completely one. Then the world will know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me.
24 “Father, I want these people you have given me to be with me in every place I am. I want them to see my glory—the glory you gave me because you loved me before the world was made.- John 17 vs 1 - 5...22 -24
And according to Jesus Christ Himself, He gets the glory He had in addition to being glorified through the people God gave to Him, so what exactly did He sacrifice in all of this? undecided
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Brendaniel: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2023
I feel it should be John 3:16
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Shedrack777: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2023
the whole book of romans
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nairalander248: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2023
John 3:16

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Sirchiboy: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2023
Romans 9:15
I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by AntiChristian: 8:44am On Apr 09, 2023
When Jesus told his disciples to sell their cloak to buy swords...

Jesus was about to be captured and the sword was used to cut off one of the attacker's ear!

Jesus seeing that the soldiers were more equipped than they had to stop his disciples from fighting hence healed the ear!
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by JoshTim: 8:44am On Apr 09, 2023
Romans 10:9
if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Flapp478(m): 8:45am On Apr 09, 2023
God is changing the status quo of men. John 3:16 is what I can imagine brings people to salvation.

Happy Easter celebration to all nairalanders, I decree, anything dead in your life is ressurrected today in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The Bible does not state that Jesus Christ was sent to earth by God and that who knew the beginning and the end? undecided

2. Have you ever read John 1 vs 1 - 5 before? God planned Jesus's death as a way to redeem humanity. But Jesus Christ was well aware of the plan as made clear in His Gospel teachings and sermons. So, how is it a sacrifice if He already knew what was coming and how He would lay down His life and pick it back up again? undecided
And according to Jesus Christ Himself, He gets the glory He had in addition to being glorified through the people God gave to Him, so what exactly did He sacrifice in all of this? undecided
Lol.
John 3:16-17, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

1 John 4:9, "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him."
for our sins
There are a number of Bible verses that support the idea that Jesus was sent by God to sacrifice Himself for our sins. For example, in John 3:16, it says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." This verse indicates that Jesus was sent by God to die for our sins, in order to provide us with eternal life.

In addition, Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." This verse indicates that Jesus died for our sins even while we were still sinners, showing us the great love that God has for us. Or does that not qualify as sacrifice?🤷‍♂️

Isaiah 46:10-11 says, "I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.'" This verse shows that God knows the end from the beginning and that He has a plan that will be accomplished.

2. Lol. It is still considered a sacrifice because Jesus freely chose to go to the cross.When Jesus died on the cross, he sacrificed his life for the sins of humanity. By doing so, he made it possible for us to be forgiven and to have eternal life. Jesus also sacrificed his body and blood, which were given to us as the Eucharist. In this way, Jesus continues to offer us his love and forgiveness, even after his death(according to Christians)

The Bible says that Jesus knew from the beginning that he was going to be sacrificed. However, he went through with it anyway, because he knew it was the will of God. In that way, it could still be considered a sacrifice.

This story is jam-packed and contradictory on its own. Jesus knew he was going to be sacrificed, why then did he willingly give himself like it was going to change anything if he did not? 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by DeKing234: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2023
*Happy Easter*
....Of all the founders of religion; only christ is no more in the grave,,,,He is alive.(Alleluia🙏🏻🙌🙌🙌)

Matthew 28:1-6

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Felix6: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2023
Happy Easter 🐣 everyone. And big congratulations to Adesanya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can One Go A Day Without Sinning? / ISIS Behead 4 Xtain Boys For Refusing Toconvert To Islam (HORRIFYING PHOTOS) / Nigerian Churches And The Culture Of Extreme Exploitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.