Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? (9387 Views)

Why Sex Videos Would Lead Many Souls To Hell / Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why? / Bishop Oyedepo: "You See Where Change Has Brought Us Since 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Xbbabby6h: 11:19am On Apr 09, 2023
Let me teach you how to close clients & earn $20-$70 daily using Instagram. I've got Proofs attached...

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by goodconsience77: 11:46am On Apr 09, 2023
The wages of sin is dead but the gift of God is eternal life. Rm 6:23
If will confess our sin is faithful and just to forgive us all out sin 1jn1:9[i][/i]
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by yommen: 11:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Hebrews 10:12-14:
"But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

God could have used other ways to save humanity, or whatever the purpose was. Instead he gave the go ahead for Jesus to be sacrificed, that way he sacrificed him even though you claim Jesus chose to be. God sent his son Jesus to earth in the first place, or did he not know Jesus was going to insist on being the sacrificial Lamb. If he knew, then he indirectly sacrificed Jesus the first time he sent him to earth to save the world. Plus,this is something he could have averted without putting Jesus in a position where he would have to give his life up since he knows the future, except he doesn't! 🤷‍♂️

In conclusion, God sacrificed Jesus the moment he sent him to earth, because he knew everything that was going to happen. In other words everything went according to his will. Understood? 🤣

Okay.. God sacrificed! And so? Are you the one to chose what God would do for humanity? Wetin dey do this ITK self? Who do you think you are to feel a decision God took over two thousand years ago which has benefited so many is now wrong?

Nigerian politicians who are around you and reachable are taking so many decisions affecting us negatively but it's decisions taken by God you are bothered about. Kpele o, Mr attorney orann!
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
The story of God sacrificing his son is flawed for a number of reasons. First, it is not clear why God would need to sacrifice his son in order to save humanity. Second, if God is all-powerful, why couldn't he have found another way to save humanity without sacrificing his son? Third, the story of God sacrificing his son is based on a number of myths and legends that are not supported by any evidence. Finally, the story of God sacrificing his son is not consistent with the teachings of Christianity.

God having a son can never make sense, it's clearly unimaginable and disrespectful
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
ItsReal:
The Bible's Greatest Miracle - how it works.

----------------------------------

1. If you are a Christian, read the Bible over and over. Read every word, every sentence, every verse. Read all the books in the Bible.

2. Soon, you will either turn into

a) Atheist

b) Muslim or

c) Donkey

That's the Bible's greatest miracle.

Most ex-Christians, especially those who knew the Bible by hearts either became Atheists, Muslims or Donkeys (unsound mind)

WHY?

For example, ask these questions, then answer them yourselves

Who is God? Jesus. Where did Jesus come from? From his Father? Who is his Father? God. How many Gods?

Now, repeat the process and you will start to feel the wonder of madness sipping through your body

Next.........

Who is Mary? She is Jesus' mother. Who is Jesus? he is God who creates everything? Who creates Mary? stop..no more stupid question !!!!

Next........

Is Jesus God? Yes? Does God pray? No. Did Jesus pray? Yes. Whom did Jesus pray to? Jesus prayed to God the Father. How many Gods? One. Who is God? Jesus.

repeat and the warm of madness will slowly creep to your mind..and soul...

Next.......

Jesus was not made into God. He was already God. Was Jesus already God when he was in the womb? - no answer

Like i been asking myself too
How can a human be so dumb, i mean how can you live in this mysterious world without asking yourself all these questions above.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Ellasure: 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
I have realised that most people that don't believe in religion are people that have not actually read and meditate over the Bible, Koran, the apocryphal odu ifa of Yoruba people and other benefitial religions of the world.

When you read the Bible verses try think of the possibilities of the stories and position yourself as the character you are reading about. you could have been a Joseph, David, Moses etc. And if you think well too there is someone near you today that resembles the character you have just read.

Has Nigeria ever been ruled by a Saul of Israel, or any of the Kings of Israel as found in the Bible. Examples King Herod of Judea was reported to have paid bribes to get to the throne and be a ruler in the days of birth of Jesus Christ. is it not the same all over the world today. Politicians pay bribe to anyone that can help their ambitions.

The stories of the Bible are true and are just true of our times today.

The problems that many people have with Christianity and Jesus Christ was inserted by our colonial masters by removing actual and efficacious practices from the Bible and classified them as apocryphal books, all because they don't want people under their rulership to be powerful through resorting to Christian practices.

The Catholic church uses so called apocryphal books without going mad or loose their senses. Please fear politically correct white people. They have hated God Almighty for a long time.

The people that started a different church because of refusals to bless divorced Kings from getting married in the church created the evils of God hatred. They will have their rewards.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by zinizta: 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ?

John 3:16 (KJV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

When I was still a little kid, I got my first ever Bible as a gift.

It was a Gideon's new testament Bible. I had received it as a prize for recitation of Psalms 1 off-hand.

It was from this same Gideon's new testament Bible that I got to realize that the most popular and translated verse of the Bible was John 3:16.

Many translations of the verse were also shared in the same Bible.

I also got to know that this same Bible verse had converted the most souls to Christ.

That wasn't surprising though since it was also the most popular and translated verse of the Bible.

God bless.

What bible verses have made you repent from a sin?
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
ItsReal:
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise.

If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this?

We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes,
blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His

But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!!

Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers?

Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres?

Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed?

Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed?

How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened

How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned?

How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear

And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god?

What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god!
What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it!

He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood!

Then he got out of the womb as a small baby,
weak and gaping to be breastfed!

He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in
Is this a god??!!

High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians
All of them will be held accountable for their libels

Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted
and blamed who rejects it?

Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it?

Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it?

That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it
Don’t kiss it!

The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it?
So you are one of His enemies!!

If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds

why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves,

since the grave contained your god in it?

So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes,
this is what the matter is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNGGaY50ey8
Lol. A Muslim wants to mock a Christian of blindness. Who is more blind than one who follows Mohammed who was known to commit almost all immoralities and deviations known to man. If he can't beat men's standard, tell me how he can measure up to the supernatural.
Logic in the mouth of a Muslim is like acid to a base.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
AntiChristian:

When Jesus told his disciples to sell their cloak to buy swords...

Jesus was about to be captured and the sword was used to cut off one of the attacker's ear!

Jesus seeing that the soldiers were more equipped than they had to stop his disciples from fighting hence healed the ear!
I know one of the things that pain you Muslims the most about Christianity apart from Jesus being the son of God is the fact that he died and resurrected. While your prophet and most perfect man is dead as dodo and therefore cannot lay claim to any divine or supernatural mandate, Christ died and resurrected. It is an everlasting heritage of the Christian no amount of mockery, snide comments and blasphemy can change.
You just have to learn to live with it like a boil on your scrotum.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
The story of God sacrificing his son is flawed for a number of reasons. First, it is not clear why God would need to sacrifice his son in order to save humanity. Second, if God is all-powerful, why couldn't he have found another way to save humanity without sacrificing his son? Third, the story of God sacrificing his son is based on a number of myths and legends that are not supported by any evidence. Finally, the story of God sacrificing his son is not consistent with the teachings of Christianity.

Go and read Hebrews and Romans very well then you will get the answers you seek.
If you need help, ask!
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. A Muslim wants to mock a Christian of blindness. Who is more blind than one who follows Mohammed who was known to commit almost all immoralities and deviations known to man. If he can't beat men's standard, tell me how he can measure up to the supernatural.
Logic in the mouth of a Muslim is like acid to a base.

Can you list those immoralities deviations?
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

Can you list those immoralities deviations?
He engaged in murder, lying, sexual depravity, even took his adopted son's wife.
That's the kind of character leading you to God.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
aorseer:

1Corinthians 2:14

1 Corinthians 2:14 :
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

So this is your excuse? 😭
it's really sad how blind some people are..

Why does so many questions and contradictions come from the bible? Doesn't that make you flinch even a bit?
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

He engaged in murder, lying, sexual depravity, even took his adopted son's wife.
That's the kind of character leading you to God.

How do you know he did all the stuff you listed above?
Do you have a verse from the Qur'an?
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

How do you know he did all the stuff you listed above?
Do you have a verse from the Qur'an?
I didn't know quran is a compendium of Muhammad's life. I thought it was from Allah
Go and read his hadiths. If you're not knowledgeable enough about the religion you claim is better, I wonder what stand you have to condemn another.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

I didn't know quran is a compendium of Muhammad's life. I thought it was from Allah
Go and read his hadiths. If you're not knowledgeable enough about the religion you claim is better, I wonder what stand you have to condemn another.

Now you want to blame me for your lack of knowledge?

If you really know what you're saying is true then bring forth any verse from the Qur'an or Hadith that approves your claim on the prophet Muhammad rasulullah (S. A. W), how could say something so absurd about a man who was so kind, i don't even know how to explain how great of a person he was.

You clearly do not know a single thing about him.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

You are really clueless.
Let me burst you brain.
Every single question you have about this world has already been answered in the Qur'an.

It's too perfect

Ask yourself this question

Why are you so scared of reading the QUR'AN, i mean it's just a book written in ink to you right? why not just research before believe what you hear?
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

You are really clueless.
Let me burst you brain.
Every single question you have about this world has already been answered in the Qur'an.

It's too perfect

Ask yourself this question

Why are you so scared of reading the QUR'AN, i mean it's just a book written in ink to you right? why not just research before believe what you hear?
Well, I already read the Quran. So keep your ignorant questions to yourself.
There's also nothing novel about the Quran. Neither is there anything in it that has not existed before it. Be it moral lessons or things about God.
As a matter of fact, the giver of Quran is the least qualified to give the world such book on religion or piety
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

Now you want to blame me for your lack of knowledge?

If you really know what you're saying is true then bring forth any verse from the Qur'an or Hadith that approves your claim on the prophet Muhammad rasulullah (S. A. W), how could say something so absurd about a man who was so kind, i don't even know how to explain how great of a person he was.

You clearly do not know a single thing about him.
Lol. Go read about zayd, zainab and Muhammad since you say I know nothing about him.
If i give you the verse will you agree he is not a moral character worthy to be called a prophet?
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Shawenzy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
ItsReal:

Excuse me jesus is not God jesus is prophet like other prophets mentioned in the bible the only difference is that jesus birth is different from other prophets so dont get confused read your bible very well jesus is not God,God is not jesus,

1. If you are a Christian, read the Bible over and over. Read every word, every sentence, every verse. Read all the books in the Bible.

a) Atheist

b) Muslim or

c) Donkey

Most ex-Christians, especially those who knew the Bible by hearts either became Atheists, Muslims or Donkeys (unsound mind)

WHY?

Who is God? Jesus. Where did Jesus come from? From his Father? Who is his Father? God. How many Gods?

Now, repeat the process and you will start to feel the wonder of madness sipping through your body

Next.........

Who is Mary? She is Jesus' mother. Who is Jesus? he is God who creates everything? Who creates Mary? stop..no more stupid question !!!!

Next........

Is Jesus God? Yes? Does God pray? No. Did Jesus pray? Yes. Whom did Jesus pray to? Jesus prayed to God the Father. How many Gods? One. Who is God? Jesus.

Next.......

Jesus was not made into God. He was already God. Was Jesus already God when he was in the womb? - no answer
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. Go read about zayd, zainab and Muhammad since you say I know nothing about him.
If i give you the verse will you agree he is not a moral character worthy to be called a prophet?

Yes i agree
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

There's also nothing novel about the Quran. Neither is there anything in it that has not existed before it. Be it moral lessons or things about God.
As a matter of fact, the giver of Quran is the least qualified to give the world such book on religion or piety

You really think there's nothing that is in the Qur'an that has not existed before it?

THE QURAN (27:88)
Translation: “Now you see the mountains, thinking they are firmly fixed, but they are traveling just like clouds. That is the design of Allah, Who has perfected everything. Surely He is All-Aware of what you do.”

It is now a well-known fact that plate tectonics happened in the earth’s past, and are in fact in constant motion. However, the theory of plate tectonics has only been universally accepted as true just over the last 110 years, when the theory began to gain attention in 1912.

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

The Expansion Of The Universe & The Big Bang Theory

THE QURAN (21:30)
Translation: “Do not the disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed-up mass, then We opened them out? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?”
THE QURAN (51:47)
Translation: “And heaven (is also a sign). We have built it with (Our) Hands and surely We are indeed extending (it) wide.”

It wasn’t proven until the 1920s that distant galaxies were receding from the earth and therefore causing the universe to expand. The idea behind the Big Bang Theory is that the universe began as simply a single point, then it expanded and grew as enormous as it is now, while continuing to stretch. The revelation and verification of cosmic microwave background radiation in the year 1965 secured the Big Bang Theory as the best theory behind the inception and transformation of the universe
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

THE QURAN (21:32)
Translation: “We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!”

Notice this verse comes just two verses after the previously discussed verse about the expanding universe. The atmosphere protects the earth from meteorites and radiation, while simultaneously protecting it from the freezing cold of space. It wasn’t until the 1600s that we discovered what the atmosphere is and what it contains.

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

THE QURAN (21:33)
Translation: “And He is the One Who created the day and the night, the sun and the moon — each traveling in an orbit.”

Notice this verse is written in the Quran immediately following the previously mentioned verse about the atmosphere. While there have been theories of the moon and planets moving in an orbit around the sun since ancient times, it wasn’t until as late as the early 1900s that science confirmed that the sun was in motion and revolving around its own galaxy.

Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

The wonders of the Qur'an are too much for me to keep listing, you can google it and see for yourself.
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by maxzzo1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
ItsReal:

a) Atheist

b) Muslim or

c) Donkey

WHY?

Next.........

Next........

Next.......

This one don turn to Donkey already..... Madness abi na confusion.... Holy spirit pls this one....
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

Yes i agree
Here:

Behold!

And [remember, O MuḼammad], when you said to the one on whom Allāh bestowed favor and you bestowed favor,1 "Keep your wife and fear Allāh," while you concealed within yourself that which Allāh is to disclose.2 And you feared the people,3 while Allāh has more right that you fear Him.4 So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort [i.e., guilt] concerning the wives of their claimed [i.e., adopted] sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command [i.e., decree] of Allāh accomplished.
— Sura al-Ahzab Quran 33:37
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

You really think there's nothing that is in the Qur'an that has not existed before it?

THE QURAN (27:88)
Translation: “Now you see the mountains, thinking they are firmly fixed, but they are traveling just like clouds. That is the design of Allah, Who has perfected everything. Surely He is All-Aware of what you do.”

It is now a well-known fact that plate tectonics happened in the earth’s past, and are in fact in constant motion. However, the theory of plate tectonics has only been universally accepted as true just over the last 110 years, when the theory began to gain attention in 1912.
First of all, that's not the correct rendition of that verse. Wherever you copied it from twisted it to fit his own translation.
This is the original one:
(27:88) You now see the mountains and consider them firmly fixed, but then they shall pass away even as clouds pass away. That will be the handiwork of Allah Who has created everything with perfect wisdom. He is well aware of what you do.
You can see how it has nothing to do with tectonic plates as those are not even mountains by any stretch of imagination. Compare it with this verse from the Bible and see the similarity:
Matt24: 34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
So again, nothing novel there
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

The Expansion Of The Universe & The Big Bang Theory

THE QURAN (21:30)
Translation: “Do not the disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed-up mass, then We opened them out? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?”
THE QURAN (51:47)
Translation: “And heaven (is also a sign). We have built it with (Our) Hands and surely We are indeed extending (it) wide.”

It wasn’t proven until the 1920s that distant galaxies were receding from the earth and therefore causing the universe to expand. The idea behind the Big Bang Theory is that the universe began as simply a single point, then it expanded and grew as enormous as it is now, while continuing to stretch. The revelation and verification of cosmic microwave background radiation in the year 1965 secured the Big Bang Theory as the best theory behind the inception and transformation of the universe

Lol. So you believe every living thing was made from water? Well, the science you're using to prove the Qur'an does not agree. Big bang is actually proof that the earth evolved and was not created so it negates your quran verse also. Anyway, check out the verse below from Isaiah 44:24
“This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself
Again, nothing novel
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Kukutenla: 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Freo:

THE QURAN (21:32)
Translation: “We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!”

Notice this verse comes just two verses after the previously discussed verse about the expanding universe. The atmosphere protects the earth from meteorites and radiation, while simultaneously protecting it from the freezing cold of space. It wasn’t until the 1600s that we discovered what the atmosphere is and what it contains.

Gen1:6
And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Nothing novel again
Re: Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? by Freo(m): 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

Here:

So what's wrong here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1,300 Join Facebook Protest Over Pastor Ashimolowo's KICC Church / SERIOUS ALERTS: Imminent Rapture Visions And Messages ( JANUARY 2015 Till Date) / What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.