Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group (3622 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by PointB: 1:23am On Sep 21, 2011
Boko Haram is a threat to nation’s unity –Ijaw Group

The Ijaw Monitoring Group on Sunday described the menace of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, as a threat to national integration.

In a telephone interview with our correspondent, the group’s coordinator, Mr. Joseph Evah, said the option would be for various ethnic groups to go their separate ways if Nigerians were to continue living in fear of the group.

[size=15pt]He said, “Ethnic nationalities in the country should be allowed to go their separate ways if the group derives happiness in killing people in the North and other parts of the country.”[/size]

He added that the Federal Capital Territory should be relocated to Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, to ensure the safety of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Evah stated that the spate of killings by the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, had underscored the non-immunity of the President to attacks.

He argued that Saturday’s killing of Babakira Alhaji Fugu the brother in-law to the slain leader of the sect, Mohammed Yusuf, by suspected assassins suggested the non-readiness of the group for dialogue.

Evah said, “The President is not even safe. We call for the relocation of the FCT to Yenagoa or Port Harcourt from where the president will be operating. We do not want a genocide like it was done in Rwanda here in Nigeria.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110920361657
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by aljharem3: 1:27am On Sep 21, 2011
and ijaw is not a treat to National unity ?

the day ijaw declear war against the north is the day ijaw/izzon will end finally

i think this people are drunk

ahhhhh izon

i beg u no try somethig wey u no fit finish

even in the south, we can start the war against una from lagos to anambra

then we can progress

I just hope this people don't think the north is the same and the 2 brotherly cowards of the west and east

THIS IS THE NORTH !!!!

we don't fight with sentiment of land grabing etc. WE FIGHT WITH FAITH . U hear

ideeiot

I am waiting for that ideeiot called killuyut
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by PointB: 1:37am On Sep 21, 2011
alj_harem:

the day ijaw declear war against the north is the day ijaw/izzon will end finally

ahhhhh izon

then we can progress

I just hope this people don't think the north is the same and the 2 brotherly cowards of the west and east

THIS IS THE NORTH !!!!

ideeiot

My friend Alj, this is a serious matter. This is no time for one of your dry jokes.
You want to fight Ijaws in Lagos and Anambra or what exactly are u saying? Ijaw Group said Boko Haram is causing problem affecting National unity, and here u are threatening brimstone and fire at coward West and East. By the way, are you Boko Haram or are u their new spokesman?

I laugh at your dry jokes anyway, so as not to discourage you. I thought you were a clown, never knew u are so good at it. grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2011
@Alj_Harem

For all I care , you are a starving GAY, and one of the Morons we have from the North. Illiteracy is the problem of the North and they always remain backward. We are talking about Unity here, you are busy threatening WAR, No matter how you spell MALLAM from front or from back it will always remain MALLAM, Ideeeot.
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Fokativ: 7:35am On Sep 21, 2011
The Ijaws are equally a threat to national unity though I don't support Boko Haram.

Reasons:-

1 Ijaws against Ilajes in Ondo State

2 Ijaws against Binis in Edo State

3 Ijaws against Itsekiris in Delta State

4 Ijaws against Urhobos (Ogbe Ijo, Gbarigolo, Olota, Okweagbe etc.),all in Delta State

5 Ijaws against Ikwerres in Rivers State

6 Ijaws against Ogonis in Rivers State

7 Ijaws against Ibibios in Akwa Ibom State

8 Ijaws against Yorubas in Ajegunle; Lagos State
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by PointB: 7:46am On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

The Ijaws are equally a threat to national unity though I don't support Boko Haram.

Reasons:-

1 Ijaws against Ilajes in Ondo State

2 Ijaws against Binis in Edo State

3 Ijaws against Itsekiris in Delta State

4 Ijaws against Urhobos (Ogbe Ijo, Gbarigolo, Olota, Okweagbe etc.),all in Delta State

5 Ijaws against Ikwerres in Rivers State

6 Ijaws against Ogonis in Rivers State

7 Ijaws against Ibibios in Akwa Ibom State

8 Ijaws against Yorubas in Ajegunle; Lagos State

It is mischievous and insensitive to equate minor squabbles that happened over a long period of time to the consistent terror of indiscriminate killings and suicide bombings currently being unleashed by Boko Haram on Nigeria population. And how many Nigerians are aware of this so-called Ijaw threat, cause this is the first time I am hearing it.

Man take a few moment to think.
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Fokativ: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

It is mischievous and insensitive to equate minor squabbles that happened over a long period of time to the consistent terror of indiscriminate killings and suicide bombings currently being unleashed by Boko Haram on Nigeria population. And how many Nigerians are aware of this so-called Ijaw threat, cause this is the first time I am hearing it.

Man take a few moment to think.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-760170.0.html
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by OmoTier1(m): 8:28am On Sep 21, 2011
Abeg Ijaw should shup up! are they not the number local terrorist in Nigeria?

They are even more of a threat to Nigeria's unity by giving us a lameduck President!

Ever wonder why every Ijaw man or woman is an ACTIVIST
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Akanbiedu(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2011
He he he.

More like it's our turn and Boko haram doesn't want us to enjoy it.
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by PointB: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-760170.0.html

Communal clash? How about Ife / Modakeke?
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by nasoeb: 8:56am On Sep 21, 2011
@ alj haram

so you have relocated your (you know) to Fokativ

Please dis is a public forum, you are really disgracing yourself and acting like a child.

please craze man no dey shame but na em family members dey shame for am

please haram stop disgracing us
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Fokativ: 8:57am On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

Communal clash? How about Ife / Modakeke?

MEND is a threat to National Unity as Boko Haram. And who are the members of MEND? Ife & Modakeke indigenes I guess.
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by tunyus(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2011
Why are we united in the first place?we should not be together, let evrybody go
we re managing to be together, united Nigeria is not working this is 51yrs of being together, lets try other option so as to experience peace
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by aljharem3: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2011
nasoeb:

@ alj haram

so you have relocated your (you know) to Fokativ

Please dis is a public forum, you are really disgracing yourself and acting like a child.

please craze man no dey shame but na em family members dey shame for am

please haram stop disgracing us
who is this ideeiot

who told u, he is me
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by sylve11: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2011
. . . . they can fight to death, who cares? angry cool
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by nasoeb: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2011
who told u, he is me

I IGNORE YOU

I am far mature than you to exchange words with someone like you
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
Each new day, we see reasons why Nigeria is not working as "one" Nigeria.

I keep wondering why we simply cant accpet the fact that the country has failed.
We keep tearing each other apart and yet refuse to break the romance.

Let me ask nairalanders, please who is really afraid of we coming together to peacefully seperate into;

Arewa, Biafra, Middle Belt, Niger Delta and Odua?
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Fokativ: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
noblezone:

Each new day, we see reasons why Nigeria is not working as "one" Nigeria.

I keep wondering why we simply cant accpet the fact that the country has failed.
We keep tearing each other apart and yet refuse to break the romance.

Let me ask nairalanders, please who is really afraid of we coming together to peacefully seperate into;

Arewa QED
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by kemmeye: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
ah i didnt know we were even unified
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by T8ksy(m): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

He he he.

More like it's our turn and Boko haram doesn't want us to enjoy it.

Gbosa!!!

Has there ever been an iota of unity in that frigging hellhole since its conception?

noblezone:

Fokativ:

Arewa QED

And Biafra.
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
Says the Pot to the Kettle grin
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
MEND bombs Atlas Cove in lagos Its a communal clash

MEND bombs Abuja on October 1, Its a communal clash

Insanity comes in different ways. I guess supporting Retardeen Odechukwu Jonathan and his MEND cohorts is one manifestation
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by ak47mann(m): 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2011
ijaw will finish boko hara in two days grin
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by ChinenyeN(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
ak47mann:

ijaw will finish boko hara in two days grin
This is a joke, right?
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Sep 22, 2011
and MEND is not grin grin grin

Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by sirjec(m): 10:31am On Sep 22, 2011
I wonder why we dont call a spade spade. It is very unfortunate. Boko Haram is busy bombing everywhere for no just cause. Ok Let boko haram tell us what their problems are? What resources is this nation getting from Boko Haram states?

They feel they can bomb the structures they used resources from Niger Delta to erect and say they are fighting for justice.

The first justice they should fight is telling the Boko Haram governors to stop accepting allocations from the monies gotten from infidel states, so that they can be sure their land is not desecrated.

Hmmm on a more serious note, Boko Haram is acting and no notherner is talking even the senate and house of reps are not doing anything, when the agitation comes from the south, everybody will know how to speak english
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2011
sirjec:

I wonder why we dont call a spade spade. It is very unfortunate. Boko Haram is busy bombing everywhere for no just cause. Ok Let boko haram tell us what their problems are? What resources is this nation getting from Boko Haram states?

They feel they can bomb the structures they used resources from Niger Delta to erect and say they are fighting for justice.

The first justice they should fight is telling the Boko Haram governors to stop accepting allocations from the monies gotten from infidel states, so that they can be sure their land is not desecrated.

Hmmm on a more serious note, Boko Haram is acting and no notherner is talking even the senate and house of reps are not doing anything, when the agitation comes from the south, everybody will know how to speak english

Boko Haram have listed the problems they have with Nigeris
1: Foremost is Western Education - Nigeria has continued to assault Boko Haram members with GCE and WAEC education as if that is not enough they also show Western Television
2: Boko Haram is hampered by Funds to sufficiently spread ISLAM throughout Nigeria and incessant visits of Reinhard Bonke to Northern Islamic regions is an attempt at sabotaging their noble Islamic efforts
3: Boko Haram want to have a Facebook Center where they can post their agenda to Western apologists like Pastor Chris and Company grin

Death to the infidels grin
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by PointB: 11:08am On Sep 22, 2011
^^^
lol

Let me also help provide more insight to their agitations:

- Boko Haram want to be able to amputate hands or legs of the big boys as punishment for stealing

- they are angry that beer is not longer readily available in the bars but brandy, whiskey, baileys are the drink of choice in government house

- furthermore, local prostitutes have been replaced, by foreign (white) one, and Boko Haram is mad about this

- Christians still worship freely in the North, but Boko Haram will prefer this regulated

- Boko Haram insists those have agreed to practice sharia to do so 'in truth and in spirit'; in full throttle

- Boko Haram want militia disbanded in the North, they want to be the sole armed group; a monopoly of violence! grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group by Dede1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2011
alj_harem:

ahhhhh izon

then we can progress

THIS IS THE NORTH !!!!

ideeiot

Is there something a person can not read on this forum? I never thought to see a day when a loudmouthed freeloader such as alj haram would lump eastern region of Nigeria into a category of cowards. I guess you are demented. I promise you shall live to experience the regrets of such statements.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Uduaghan’s Thugs Strikes Again Headed By Michael Diden(aka Ejele) In Sapele / Bakare Prophesies That Jonathan Will Die In Power If He Does Not Revert Fuel Pri / Nigerian Engineering Undergraduates Win Global Race Car Design Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.