Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria (4144 Views)

Names Of 10 Nigerian States That Bayelsa Is Bigger Than / State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) / New INEC REC For Bayelsa Is Elder Monday Udo Tom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by 23jerryking(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:

Am telling you, those boys are making life unbearable to the legitimate hustlers in delta. Too bad they are in every corner of the state, how my own village is more expensive to leave than lekki still baffles me
Bro!!! Ha. I tell you, living there was like a vacation to hell. A whole year and I couldn't achieve anything, boys were always calling me to come and learn work (yahoo). When they see me typing on the computer they start some crazy unnecessary hypes and they'll promise to teach me work that would ensure I cash out before long.

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by mjconcept(m): 12:52am On Apr 11, 2023
Abe be calming down.
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 6:40am On Apr 11, 2023
omaira:
The unruly character of the females in that state is so appalling as every girl above 16yrs old is a walking object for sex. All they want is meet Mr A to feed them for breakfast, Mr B to feed them for lunch and Mr C to feed them for dinner whilst the so called serious boyfriend soles responsibility is to feed the girl’s family… haaaaaaaaa!! This is so irritating.
I remember my first visit to Bayelsa. It was one of the states I had in my list, luckily a reason to go there during the election period came. I couldn't get a direct Bus from my place so I took the one going to Rivers. Got to Rivers around 9PM but there was no bus/car that was going to Bayelsa....Why? There was a particular place between Rivers and Bayelsa that thieves operate at that time so the unwritten rule is to wait until they are done before one can make a safe pass; this should be around 12 or 1AM. We waited.

I was the first to jump into the next available Sienna because I was giving my host a sleepless night. One thing I noticed on our way was that there was no single polieman on any of the checkpoints we saw on our way. The driver said that they would return in the morning.

We entered in Bayelsa around 2am, saw some police men and walked up to them, told them my situation and asked if I could stay with them until my host comes to pick me up; it was cool so I stayed with them but I gave them what I thought was a respectful distance since they were men on duty but one of them was like "Yo, if you are going to stay with us then you have to be really close to us; we will not intervene if anything happens to you there. Move when we move and stop when we stop. My first Scare. Nothing else happened and I got to my destination like an hour later. 
When I wanted to move around town the next day, my host told me that it was a bad idea. I insisted and he was like fine, you can go but keep your android phone at home, go out with only the small one. Don't answer calls on the road and make sure you have some money in your pocket. Guys here know new faces and they will come for  you, they will ask for your phone and if it is not an android then you better have some cash on you. 
I was lucky maybe because I didn't experience any of that.

You see that Tombia, it is a den for cultists. They will come out to unleash mayhem and disappear into the creeks. They don't fear soldiers or police, they tax and retax non indigenes that are doing business in Bayelsa and they will hurt you if you resist them.

The women? God damn it. They are not like every other Nigerian girl, they are worse. Many of them are cultists and they give birth anyhow like Akwa Ibom people, they do everything with extra, then there is this peculiar thing about them that I noticed in my second visit because I was freer then and spent more.

They move around in packs in the evening. You will see like 10 of them dressed for you know what, they will be going from one joint to another. They will enter the first joint and maybe nah like 8 or 7 go come, 2 or 3 got lucky. The yet unlucky ones will move to another location and the number will keep dropping until it is down to maybe 2, then the 2 will look for another pack and join.

The men are incredibly lazy, some of them are receiving like three different salaries on a monthly basis yet the only thing they have to show for it is more women, varieties of infections and rotten teeth. They are always having teeth problems. 
The state is no where near what it is supposed to be

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by udede(m): 6:46am On Apr 11, 2023
Kriss216:

Taa!

Which Yenegoa is the cleanest

That's the only problem I have with you people. You'll stay in your tiny brown roof hut and be passing judgement anyhow. Learn to move outside your comfort zone once in a while.

Yenegoa is the only capital city in Nigeria where you'll be seeing kpako house in every corner. Dirty and smelly waters everywhere!

I'll rather live in Sambisa, Ogbomoso or Lokoja than to live in Yenegoa.
this is serious....an oil producing state

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 11, 2023
Tallesty1:
I remember my first visit to Bayelsa. It was one of the states I had in my list, luckily a reason to go there during the election period came. I couldn't get a direct Bus from my place so I took the one going to Rivers. Got to Rivers around 9PM but there was no bus/car that was going to Bayelsa....Why? There was a particular place between Rivers and Bayelsa that thieves operate at that time so the unwritten rule is to wait until they are done before one can make a safe pass; this should be around 12 or 1AM. We waited.

I was the first to jump into the next available Sienna because I was giving my host a sleepless night. One thing I noticed on our way was that there was no single polieman on any of the checkpoints we saw on our way. The driver said that they would return in the morning.

We entered in Bayelsa around 2am, saw some police men and walked up to them, told them my situation and asked if I could stay with them until my host comes to pick me up; it was cool so I stayed with them but I gave them what I thought was a respectful distance since they were men on duty but one of them was like "Yo, if you are going to stay with us then you have to be really close to us; we will not intervene if anything happens to you there. Move when we move and stop when we stop. My first Scare. Nothing else happened and I got to my destination like an hour later. 
When I wanted to move around town the next day, my host told me that it was a bad idea. I insisted and he was like fine, you can go but keep your android phone at home, go out with only the small one. Don't answer calls on the road and make sure you have some money in your pocket. Guys here know new faces and they will come for  you, they will ask for your phone and if it is not an android then you better have some cash on you. 

You see that Tombia, it is a den for cultists. They will come out to unleash mayhem and disappear into the creeks. They don't fear soldiers or police, they tax and retax non indigenes that are doing business in Bayelsa and they will hurt you if you resist them.

The women? God damn it. They are not like every other Nigerian girl, they are worse. Many of them are cultists and they give birth anyhow like Akwa Ibom people, they do everything with extra, then there is this peculiar thing about them that I noticed in my second visit because I was freer then and spent more.

They move around in packs in the evening. You will see like 10 of them dressed for you know what, they will be going from one joint to another. They will enter the first joint and maybe nah like 8 or 7 go come, 2 or 3 got lucky. The yet unlucky ones will move to another location and the number will keep dropping until it is down to maybe 2, then the 2 will look for another pack and join.

The men are incredibly lazy, some of them are receiving like three different salaries on a monthly basis yet the only thing they have to show for it is more women, varieties of infections and rotten teeth. They are always having teeth problems. 
ha! You have kukuma finished Bayelsans kpakpa come give side knucks to Akwaibomites

7 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Uptheante(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2023
Tallesty1:

Their underdevelopment is most likely due to the criminal activities going on there

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:42am On Apr 11, 2023
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Csami(m): 7:43am On Apr 11, 2023
Bayelsa is really messed up. I remember one time the company I did internship got a contract there. There’s a place called “Dustbin” in the state capital. The area is like 100 or 200 meters in length. You will drive the entire span inhaling garbage. IMO, The 2 worst state I’ve visited in Nigeria is Abia and Ekiti but now that I think of it, Bayelsa is the worst!

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Pojomojo: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
All the south south state are expensive except akwa ibom and cross river state ,Kudos to the so call yahoo boys that make live unbearable for the rest , Benin, delta, yenagoa, PH is hard to stay if you're doing legit, that's why girls are selling their bodies just to earn a living.

I am from delta state , my parent living in lagos relocated to our hometown in delta some years back and if I tell you the cost of living in my own village is higher than lekki and banana island, high cost of good and services due to those yahoo boys spending recklessly over their
Where in Delta?
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Pojomojo: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2023
23jerryking:
Oga I'm a Kogite and have also spent time in Yangoa, Bayelsa state. You guys have nothing going on there, I'm still wondering where all that oil money they talk about is. Yenago a state headquarter that has only one high road. Tueh
That lead to the state house. grin

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 7:56am On Apr 11, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
ha! You have kukuma finished Bayelsans kpakpa come give side knucks to Akwaibomites
AkwaIbomites and Benue people sabi born abeg. Ndi idoma go be like " let me born for you nah"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 11, 2023
Tallesty1:
AkwaIbomites and Benue people sabi born abeg. Ndi idoma go be like " let me born for you nah"
Uyai will not like this grin
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2023
Uptheante:

Their underdevelopment is most likely due to the criminal activities going on there
Depends on who you asked. Some will tell you that crimes thrive there due to the underdevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Uyai will not like this grin
Uyai?
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by steeltrust: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
All the south south state are expensive except akwa ibom and cross river state ,Kudos to the so call yahoo boys that make live unbearable for the rest , Benin, delta, yenagoa, PH is hard to stay if you're doing legit, that's why girls are selling their bodies just to earn a living.

I am from delta state , my parent living in lagos relocated to our hometown in delta some years back and if I tell you the cost of living in my own village is higher than lekki and banana island, high cost of good and services due to those yahoo boys spending recklessly over their
bro you no lie
Especially abraka

Those yahoo boys turn the town to another Newyork

It so f**king expensive

Money when you go take 1bedroom flat you go use am collect two bedroom for lekki

And it sad

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by farady(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2023
Tallesty1:

Laugh wan finish me as i read your post. Your narration was on point.

Honestly, it's so disappointing that after several years, Bayelsa state is still very much underdeveloped; this is in spite the oil resources. Just one major road in the state capital! The attitude and mindset of the people does help. An attitude of "so long as the gov or that LG chairman or that man in authority is our brother and is eating our money, we don't have any problems with that"

When you travel to the riverine parts of that state, you will want to weep. Some communities, the well water is like Fanta colour. They drink it and cook with it. God is wonderful. Just like someone mentioned, a state of less than 4m people with huge oil wealth, still in that condition, is really appalling. To think that that state was created same time as Akwa Ibom is funny; when you compare the level of development in Akwa Ibom to that of Bayelsa.

Successive leadership failure (since 1999 to date) and terrible mindset/attitude of the people has continue short-changed the progress of Bayelsa state.

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by SmallDick99(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2023
Tallesty1:

Only 20% truth in this

Bayelsa is among the Top 15 States in the country; go and verify!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by 24SEVEN: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2023
farady:

Honestly, it's so disappointing that after several years, Bayelsa state is still very much underdeveloped; this is in spite the oil resources. Just one major road in the state capital! The attitude and mindset of the people does help. An attitude of "so long as the gov or that LG chairman or that man in authority is our brother and is eating our money, we don't have any problems with that"

When you travel to the riverine parts of that state, you will want to weep. Some communities, the well water is like Fanta colour. They drink it and cook with it. God is wonderful. Just like someone mentioned, a state of less than 4m people with huge oil wealth, still in that condition, is really appalling. To think that that state was created same time as Akwa Ibom is funny; when you compare the level of development in Akwa Ibom to that of Bayelsa.

Successive leadership failure (since 1999 to date) and terrible mindset/attitude of the people has continue short-changed the progress of Bayelsa state.

Akwa ibom was created in 1986 and Bayelsa 1996. Bayelsa was created same time as Ekiti and Ebonyi.

Tho I've never been there, but the sexual escapades of their women is really a fantasy.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by KingMack(m): 9:45am On Apr 11, 2023
omaira:
True or Fasle ?.

Centered with the daily routine criminal activities in the state, Visitors seems to be nothing but prey in the hands of the predators whom are the citizen of the states.

The central community in the state’s capital commonly known as Tombia is the hideout for these predators as the prepare their nest awaiting the visitors who have little or no knowledge about the unsafe place he could be standing waiting for the next cab to pick him up.

The unruly character of the females in that state is so appalling as every girl above 16yrs old is a walking object for sex. All they want is meet Mr A to feed them for breakfast, Mr B to feed them for lunch and Mr C to feed them for dinner whilst the so called serious boyfriend soles responsibility is to feed the girl’s family… haaaaaaaaa!! This is so irritating.

You take care of bills, bills, bills and u wonder what kind of family is this

This is not excluded to females who are married as Bayelsa as a town does not have a culture that restricts the married women from committing adultery.

Should I go down the list … not forgetting the fact that these people actually have nothing to offer to you as a man.

Bayelsa is the worse place to live in a a guest.

OP you're right I remembered last year I was in bayelsa..I was always having 3-4some for as low as 20k. All the girls are olosho jus take dem or go Oxblow you go catch over dose

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by 24SEVEN: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2023
23jerryking:
Oga I'm a Kogite and have also spent time in Yangoa, Bayelsa state. You guys have nothing going on there, I'm still wondering where all that oil money they talk about is. Yenago a state headquarter that has only one high road. Tueh

Have you been to Rivers state?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2023
When you have cursed and foolish leaders.

That's always the result....
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by frozen70(f): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2023
omaira:
True or Fasle ?.

Centered with the daily routine criminal activities in the state, Visitors seems to be nothing but prey in the hands of the predators whom are the citizen of the states.

The central community in the state’s capital commonly known as Tombia is the hideout for these predators as the prepare their nest awaiting the visitors who have little or no knowledge about the unsafe place he could be standing waiting for the next cab to pick him up.

You take care of bills, bills, bills and u wonder what kind of family is this

This is not excluded to females who are married as Bayelsa as a town does not have a culture that restricts the married women from committing adultery.

Should I go down the list … not forgetting the fact that these people actually have nothing to offer to you as a man.

Bayelsa is the worse place to live in a a guest.

You are absolutely right

It was the same thing inexperienced there

Their men love women and their women don't mind sleeping with men just to feed

Security is just loose, the youth smokes and drinks and goes to club as if they have a roll call there

Sex is just the simpliest thing you can get there

No job, no prospect or no plans for the upcoming youths, once they finish secondary school, you join the bad gang

And they are very very lazy to go for apprentice of any trade or job

Nothing interesting to invest there
The business that is sustaining the state are established by the Igbo men

They don't have a spear part market, so they rely on Onitsha spare parts market

They go to Onitsha main market to shop for clothes as they don't have a main market like Lagos and Onitsha

The have just one dual carriage road that leads to Yenagoa and out of Yenagoa
So if your car is stollen and you are fast to get to the check point at toll gate, the police security men will catch the car thieves because that's the only route in and out of the state

I was there on official assignment for three years and I weep for that state

I don't wish to go there for anything

All my stay there I lodge in a hotel all through because of safety

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by farady(m): 11:28am On Apr 11, 2023
24SEVEN:

Akwa ibom was created in 1986 and Bayelsa 1996. Bayelsa was created same time as Ekiti and Ebonyi.

Tho I've never been there, but the sexual escapades of their women is really a fantasy.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Davoneskay(m): 11:45am On Apr 11, 2023
omaira:

If there is a worse that is worse than the word worse… I think that is the right word to use.

Worse is the comparative word for worst. 'Worst' is superlative.
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by richmond500: 11:59am On Apr 11, 2023
bayelsaowei:
cleanest ke? grin make I laugh small..
Yenagoa is definitely one of the cleanest states, probably because the people doesn't have much to eat, so they can't dirty the state with left overs.
People survive with that white local dusty bread u guys have (forgot the name), sometimes they tend to put butter on it to garnish it.

When it comes to development, that state is among the 10 least developed states in Nigeria.
There is no road network, just one straight road to go in and out, most of the locals doesn't have a sense of fashion.
Robbery and Keke are the only business.
I have visited about 30states, but Bayelsa is a state I never intend to come back and visit.

Seriake Dickson is a curse to that state.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by bayelsaowei(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
richmond500:
Yenagoa is definitely one of the cleanest states, probably because the people doesn't have much to eat, so they can't dirty the state with left overs.
People survive with that white local dusty bread u guys have (forgot the name), sometimes they tend to put butter on it to garnish it.

When it comes to development, that state is among the 10 least developed states in Nigeria.
There is no road network, just one straight road to go in and out, most of the locals doesn't have a sense of fashion.
Robbery and Keke are the only business.
I have visited about 30states, but Bayelsa is a state I never intend to come back and visit.

Seriake Dickson is a curse to that state.
timipri sylva and seriaki are a taboo to any state or establishment.. useless misfits.. oh my people have suffered In the hands of highhanded leaders...

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by OVB123: 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
bayelsaowei:
timipri sylva and seriaki are a taboo to any state or establishment.. useless misfits.. oh my people have suffered In the hands of highhanded leaders...
This thread need to hit front page. Please OP should do needful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
The only thing I like about bayelsa is .. there girls no dey tire to knack.. them carry trophy for knackiology
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by 23jerryking(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
24SEVEN:

Have you been to Rivers state?
Not at all. What's up? Is it as bad as well?
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by sageb: 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
farady:

Akwa Ibom state was created in 1987 whereas Bayelsa was created in 1996.
correct your post
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by sageb: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
KingMack:

OP you're right I remembered last year I was in bayelsa..I was always having 3-4some for as low as 20k. All the girls are olosho jus take dem or go Oxblow you go catch over dose

Oxbow lake
Re: Bayelsa Is The Worse State To Visit In Nigeria by mrcelebrity1: 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
🛑 Are you trying to compete the worst state with Ogun State? Ogun has no gov. And it’s another 4 years suffering .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proximity Of Ibadan Airport To Lagos Airport And Owerri Airport To Port Harcourt / Certificate Saga: “Bola” Is Not A Standalone Name. Yorubas Tell Tinubu. / Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.