Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Who Killed Jesus Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Killed Jesus Christ? (986 Views)

Prophet Segun ADEBAYO Reveals What Will Likely Happen To Those Who Killed Mohbad / 2 Others Who Killed Lion In The Bible Apart From Samson / Who Killed Jesus, His Father Or Satan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Jesus Christ said He did not sacrifice His life abeg! In John 10 vs 17 - 18, He explained that it is within His power to lay it down and pick it up again. How can that amount to a sacrifice abeg! undecided

The same Jesus Christ explained in another passage that God does not want sacrifices of animals and the lot, so why do you keep insisting His death was a sacrifice when He said God does not desire such? Are you accusing Jesus Christ of going against God or something? undecided

Read your Bible accordingly.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkiee: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
God2man2again:
■Read your Bible accordingly.
1. You obviously do not read yours, and that is why you gorge yourself instead on lies fed to you by your pastors and mogs. Jesus Christ said He laid down and picked up His Life of His own — no sacrifice since He did not lose anything by the act. He said He did the Will of the Father gladly meaning He was not in any way tormented by His need to submit to the Will of the Father — again, no sacrifice was made by HIm. Why do you lot feel you must twist the narrative to indicate that which Jesus Christ never suggested was the case? undecided
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by ichuka(m): 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
God2man2again:

Exactly!
Jesus took the decision to die for us.
It was ordained that the son of man will
Sacrifice his life for mankind for remission of the sins of the whole world.
Yes bro
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
God2man2again:

7Exactly!
Jesus took the decision to die for us.
It was ordained that the son of man will
Sacrifice his life for mankind for remission of the sins of the whole world.

If I may ask,

Who ordained it??
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2023
sonmvayina:

If I may ask,

Who ordained it??

John 3:16

John 10:18
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by MightySparrow: 11:52am On Apr 14, 2023
God2man2again:

What covenant?

Kindly back it up Biblically.

Covenant is the backbone of Christianity. Agreed?
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 1:17am On Apr 15, 2023
MightySparrow:

None: His covenant with Abraham killed Him

What Covenant did Jesus made with Abraham?

Kindly elucidate please.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:33am On Apr 15, 2023
God2man2again:
John 3:16; John 10:18
None of those two verses mention the existence of a sacrifice on the part of Jesus Christ. You folks seem to enjoy twisting what is written in order to fit what is a preexisting narrative fed to your by your lying pastors and mogs. What you fail to see or even conveniently accept is that you render God a liar by your many exercises. The same Jesus Christ is written to have affirmed God's own declaration through the Prophets stating He desires no sacrifices. undecided
13 You need to go and learn what this Scripture means: I don’t want animal sacrifices; I want you to show kindness to people.’[a] I did not come to invite good people. I came to invite sinners.” - Matthew 9 vs 13
By claiming Jesus Christ sacrificed His life, not only do you make a joke of Jesus Christ but you also accuse God of lying. undecided
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 7:09am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
None of those two verses mention the existence of a sacrifice on the part of Jesus Christ. You folks seem to enjoy twisting what is written in order to fit what is a preexisting narrative fed to your by your lying pastors and mogs. What you fail to see or even conveniently accept is that you render God a liar by your many exercises. The same Jesus Christ is written to have affirmed God's own declaration through the Prophets stating He desires no sacrifices. undecided
By claiming Jesus Christ sacrificed His life, not only do you make a joke of Jesus Christ but you also accuse God of lying. undecided

Without shedding of blood(sacrifice) there is no remission of sins.

Why didn't God just say I forgive mankind?

Why must Jesus die?

God is Almighty. He can forgive without any shedding of blood but God had to allow his only begotten son to be humiliated unto death for us to be redeemed and justified.

It means God in sovereignty made an arrangement for humanity to be reconcile to him through the blood of Jesus Christ.

In the old testament, the blood of animals were used but now, there is no other sacrifice again, the blood of Jesus has been shed for mankind, no ritualism, no goat, no lamb, no bull, no cow, no hen, no Bird, but now, there is no other blood that must be shed again, the blood of Jesus Christ has been shed ONCE and for all on the cross of Calvary for the redemption of mankind.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:24am On Apr 15, 2023
God2man2again:
■ Without shedding of blood(sacrifice) there is no remission of sins. Why didn't God just say I forgive mankind? Why must Jesus die?
■ God is Almighty. He can forgive without any shedding of blood but God had to allow his only begotten son to be humiliated unto death for us to be redeemed and justified...
1. What you are doing here is trying to argue for your narrative against God. Are my to take it that you think that God wanted a sacrifice and a sacrifice is what Jesus Christ gave to God against God's own Word? undecided

2. The same Almighty told you He does not want a sacrifice. His Son also affirmed this statement made by God. So are you saying God prevaricated and your narrative thrumps God here? undecided
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What you are doing here is trying to argue for your narrative against God. Are my to take it that you think that God wanted a sacrifice and a sacrifice is what Jesus Christ gave to God against God's own Word? undecided

2. The same Almighty told you He does not want a sacrifice. His Son also affirmed this statement made by God. So are you saying God prevaricated and your narrative thrumps God here? undecided

If there's no issue with the old testament practices, there would not be any need for new Testament, that's why you have both old and new testament inside the Bible. They are both relevant and important.
( Read your Bible accordingly)

What is your take about this scripture in the book of Psalms?

What does it mean?
The sacrifice of a broken spirit and a contrite heart, God will not despise.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkiee: 7:43am On Apr 15, 2023
God2man2again:

If there's no issue with the old testament practices, there would not be any need for new Testament, that's why you have both old and new testament inside the Bible. They are both relevant and important.
( Read your Bible accordingly)...
Can we please get back to the main issue here? undecided

13 You need to go and learn what this Scripture means: I don’t want animal sacrifices; I want you to show kindness to people.’[a] I did not come to invite good people. I came to invite sinners.” - Matthew 9 vs 13

The question is did God lie when He said that He does not desire a sacrifice? Did Jesus Christ, against God's own Word, offer to God a sacrifice? Are those both wrong and you right instead? undecided
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Can we please get back to the main issue here? undecided

The question is did God lie when He said that He does not desire a sacrifice? Did Jesus Christ, against God's own Word, offer to God a sacrifice? Are those both wrong and you right instead? undecided

Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Go and learn what it means, I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkiee: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2023
God2man2again:
■ Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Go and learn what it means, I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.
1. God Himself said that through His prophets, even in Hosea 6 vs 6. . So, did God make a mistake? Did Jesus Christ assert that only to ignore it and the offer Himself as a sacrifice to the very same God? undecided
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. God Himself said that through His prophets, even in Hosea 6 vs 6. . So, did God make a mistake? Did Jesus Christ assert that only to ignore it and the offer Himself as a sacrifice to the very same God? undecided

God is saying the same thing to you;

Go and learn what it means, I desire mercy not sacrifice.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by MightySparrow: 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2023
God2man2again:

What Covenant did Jesus made with Abraham?

Kindly elucidate please.

Genesis 15. Galatians 3 16; 17;18
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2023
MightySparrow:

Genesis 15. Galatians 3 16; 17;18

Good!
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkiee: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
God2man2again:
God is saying the same thing to you;
Go and learn what it means, I desire mercy not sacrifice.
Wow... so you reject what Jesus Christ made plain to even uneducated fishermen all so you can continue to assert the lies and delusions of your pastors and mogs? Goodluck! undecided
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by MightySparrow: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2023
God2man2again:

Good!

Jesus had to die to start a new generation. The first begotten of the dead. The last Adam. Adam, the beginning of the old order. Jesus is the beginning of the new order. Death is the end of any covenant. He died to end one and to start another. An endless one. This is the summary of all the mystery of God.

1Cor. 15:45; Isaiah 53:8; Rev.1:5; Heb. 10; 7&9; Col.2:2; Rev.10:7.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2023
MightySparrow:

Jesus had to die to start a new generation. The first begotten of the dead. The last Adam. Adam, the beginning of the old order. Jesus is the beginning of the new order. Death is the end of any covenant. He died to end one and to start another. An endless one. This is the summary of all the mystery of God.

1Cor. 15:45; Isaiah 53:8; Rev.1:5; Heb. 10; 7&9; Col.2:2; Rev.10:7.

Well done bros!
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by GeeM: 5:57am On Apr 16, 2023
u
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by God2man2again(m): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2023
GeeM:
u

Can one actually crucified Christ again for the second time with his or her character?

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Re: Who Killed Jesus Christ? by GeeM: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2023
God2man2again:

Can one actually crucified Christ again for the second time with his or her character?

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Me Any Question About God / Who Should Be The Next Pope - A Nigerian? / Who Is Economical With The Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.