Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment (2193 Views)

Datti Baba-Ahmed Interview On Arise TV News / President Buhari's Interview On Arise TV (Updates) / Peter Obi Replies El-rufai On Arise Tv Live Interview (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Djoel: 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
Join the conversation
https://www.youtube.com/live/TDVz4HZ_Xfc?feature=share

"FASCIST" is the way INEC cheated people in the elections. "FASCIST" is the violence that went on during the elections and the silence of those that have refused to speak up about it. - Chimamanda Adichie.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Djoel: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
Quote: "Peter Obi has become the hero of not just Nigerians, but Africans"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by kettykin: 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
She is just too good, I wish she and Soyinka can have a debate that will by judged by an international assessment body

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Wahalawaha1a: 9:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
kettykin:
She is just too good, I wish she and Soyinka can have a debate that will by judged by an international assessment body
imagine... See slave mentality 😂

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Djoel: 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wahalawaha1a:
imagine... See slave mentality 😂

Are you high? Aren't you the one with the mentality? Soyinka was the one that asked for a debate, the guy recommend a good party.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by clearcrystal: 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
She no get sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Wahalawaha1a: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
Amunethseranu:
That's not slave mentality ...that's doing the right thing , u blacks are cursed in the head to always be unjust even swearing to a useless god Yahweh and Allah while telling lies.
may God forgive u

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Racoon(m): 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
The amazon of the land of the rising sun.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Djoel: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
She actually did address Prof. Woke Soyinka's "Fascist" comment. Quite an interesting thought proposition.

FASCIST" is the way INEC chested people in the elections. "FASCIST" is the violence they went on during the elections and the silence of those that have refused to speak up about it.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by DeTribalisedCit: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
Summary of Chimamanda on Arise TV

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Oblitz(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
I can remember Soyinka called Jonathan fascist too. Maybe he doesn't know what it means.
I'm a political scientist. Fascism is a type of authoritarianism that was introduced to Italy by Benito Mussolini. It's basically authoritarianism with emphasis on aggressive nationalism. The State supercedes all individual rights. Therefore in pursuit of state goals, individual rights may be denied.
I don't see any similarities between Jonathan and fascism or between Datti's statement and fascism. Rather Buhari's government and APC is what should be likened to fascism.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by TemplarLandry: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
When did America become our better? Shimmandi the deliquent should jettison her disdain for the nation Nigeria, lest she'll be the architect of her own misfortune. She's already started knotting her own noose. She has started losing admirers, including myself. Shima, why should you try to invite foreign actors to pokenose into our internal affairs?

Why would she point to her father's house with the left index finger? Yorubas say “omo ale lo maa n f'owo osi juwe ile baba ę”. Little opportunity to leave Mbisae shanties and travel to another continent she's already started acting like omo ojuorola ri.

Telling on Nigeria to Biden whose presidential mandate is still heavily rejected here in the states is a no no; despicable. No one calls us to order, Nigeria is a sovereign nation

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Benwallt(m): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
kettykin:

Why not bring our your father or mother, Abi, Dem no go school?

How old is chimpandanda when prof, Wole won a Nobel prize?..

Just pitch me with her then you will see that she knows nothing

You want to know? She was 8 years.

Don't joke with those grey hairs

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Christistruth03: 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
They are not Facists they are the African equivalent of the German Nazis

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Nightwolf1: 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2023
Thîefnubu dogs calling others fascists? grin

Only in Nigeria a thief can be bold enough to call an innocent man a criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by Guestlander: 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
Oblitz:
I can remember Soyinka called Jonathan fascist too. Maybe he doesn't know what it means.
I'm a political scientist. Fascism is a type of authoritarianism that was introduced to Italy by Benito Mussolini. It's basically authoritarianism with emphasis on aggressive nationalism. The State supercedes all individual rights. Therefore in pursuit of state goals, individual rights may be denied.
I don't see any similarities between Jonathan and fascism or between Datti's statement and fascism. Rather Buhari's government and APC is what should be likened to fascism.

Your definition of fascism is pedestrian. There are other aspects to it which fits perfectly with the so called Obidient movement.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by theredaddy: 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
kettykin:

Even her late father is no match for soyinka acumen, profound knowledge in Nigeria politics

What a soyinka sees sitting down even if chimamanda climb iroko tree she can not see it.
she even had impetus to say; my "cousin said" someone in america wants give us that went to vote the documentary of what happened on 25th ... why are obedient so foolish in there ways.
i can imagin b4 a judge, chimamanda will start with, "my cousin said" how naive can people be

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Live On Arise TV - Addresses Wole Soyinka's "Fascism" Comment by bdon123(m): 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
Djoel: