Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

90% Of Nigeria Don't Know How To Drive My Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 90% Of Nigeria Don't Know How To Drive My Experience (852 Views)

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Why Can't I Drive: My Concern About My Body Co-ordination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

90% Of Nigeria Don't Know How To Drive My Experience by fineboynl(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2023
I noticed Nigerians don't know how to drive. It's my painful experience on Nigeria road and no matter how you tried to be careful with your car as long as you are riding it in Nigeria they will distroy your bumper and scratches your motor it's terrible experience men I can't explain how from top to bottom, from rough drivers and people with mental problem. From trailer to lury, keke to bus drivers stoping here and there. from looking off road calling/picking passenger without watching. From people running to no where from blowing horn on you in bad spot where you are gently moving through bad road or bump they will be blowing horn or overtake you in bad road. The funny thing is that you will end up catching up with them as they running to no where.

The most Painful put is the once coming from T junction to enter the main road instead to wait patiently for road to clear they will chock head inside the road. That's how I hit one yesterday destroying my bumber it was still claiming right.

5 Likes

Re: 90% Of Nigeria Don't Know How To Drive My Experience by Kubboy: 8:44am On Apr 12, 2023
Lol
Re: 90% Of Nigeria Don't Know How To Drive My Experience by Omoapena(m): 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
Lolz, you just came to Nigeria or you just started driving?

Anyway, you will get used to it with time

2 Likes

Re: 90% Of Nigeria Don't Know How To Drive My Experience by cyborg123(m): 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
I'm not sure of the percentage you are quoting but you are generally right.
The worst I've seen are the Lagos drivers...most times you have to chill for them if you value the neatness of your car and sometimes, their own lives and yours.

2 Likes

Re: 90% Of Nigeria Don't Know How To Drive My Experience by sharpwriter(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
fineboynl:

I noticed Nigerians don't know how to drive. It's my painful experience on Nigeria road and no matter how you tried to be careful with your car as long as you are riding it in Nigeria they will distroy your bumper and scratches your motor it's terrible experience men I can't explain how from top to bottom, from rough drivers and people with mental problem. From trailer to lury, keke to bus drivers stoping here and there. from looking off road calling/picking passenger without watching. From people running to no where from blowing horn on you in bad spot where you are gently moving through bad road [/b]or bump they will be blowing horn or overtake you in bad road. The funny thing is that you will end up catching up with them as they running to no where.

[b]The most Painful put is the once coming from T junction to enter the main road instead to wait patiently for road to clear they will chock head inside the road. That's how I hit one yesterday destroying my bumber it was still claiming right.
Lol... I really hate the bolded. The spirit of hastiness and lackadaisical attitude is heavy with naija driving. That's how a Toyota corolla hit the side rear of a Toyota hilux or so when the hilux was about turning and I wondered how the accident happened. I'm sure the hilux driver was at fault turning when he ought to wait.

I was on bike this day and I initially saw a car accident with Okada, also happened in a penultimate u turn before the u turn of the hilux and corolla. Almost same time, same day.

(1) (Reply)

First Flying Car Is Finally Here. Can Take Off Vertically In Traffic Jam. / Transmission Fluid For Volvo S40 / Hyundai Goes All Out With 1,000HP SEMA Genesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.