Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church (761 Views)

Christians Say Jews Ar Unbeleivers, Jews Say Christians Are Pagans Who Is Right? / Christmas Is A Celebration For Pagans – Daddy Freeze / 22 Reasons All Scholars Agree Jesus Is Not A Copy Of Pagans Gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRyh-TEHBsE

Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm into Christs Church

Value: 2333 / 333

300: Ardent faith, philosophy.
33: Exemplary conduct.
30: Weddings, celebrities.
3: Mysticism, platonic love, daydreams.

Summary: Vodou (meaning "spirit" or "god" in the Fon and Ewe languages of West Africa) is a blending (syncretism) of African religious traditions and Catholicism. In the United States, Vodou religious ceremonies are often performed in private group settings where spirits manifest in devotees through posession.

2 Kings 17:33-41

So they feared the Lord but also served their own gods, after the manner of the nations from among whom they had been carried away. To this day they do according to the former manner. They do not fear the Lord, and they do not follow the statutes or the rules or the law or the commandment that the Lord commanded the children of Jacob, whom he named Israel. The Lord made a covenant with them and commanded them, “You shall not fear other gods or bow yourselves to them or serve them or sacrifice to them, but you shall fear the Lord, who brought you out of the land of Egypt with great power and with an outstretched arm. You shall bow yourselves to him, and to him you shall sacrifice. And the statutes and the rules and the law and the commandment that he wrote for you, you shall always be careful to do. You shall not fear other gods, ...

When none believers are in the church, cultists and LGBT supporters know you are seeing Anti Christs. And there shall be many of them.

1 Share

Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2023

Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2023
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
All I can advise and say is to leave a church if you don’t feel comfortable there. Whether it’s because of “syncretic paganism;” you find the R.C.C.G. pastor too cold, aloof and disrespectful or something or you’d rather do Pentecostal than Catholic, you do you. Let other individual churches do what they think is right. I don’t have an issue with places like Deeper Life (other than the stupid man-made doctrines, which even Kumuyi low-key shuns),but I have quit other churches and been accused of being a big-time backslider (almost to the point of paganism) by people who didn’t know me like that anymore (assuming they ever really did in the first place) just because I left without giving a reason and stuff like that can make you feel bad. Real bad. So your presence or absence in a particular church or the way you approach spirituality doesn’t exist so that other people have something to gossip about (unless they actually sort of know you on a level beyond being an acquaintance, an auntie or a pagan villager who’s come to your umu-ada to eat jollof rice and sip Fanta). You’ve just got to do what’s right for you and everyone’s just got to make that call for themselves. Crapping all over someone’s spiritual life just because their approach seems a bit distastefully niche or just different to how you thought they’d end up based on the little you knew of them in 2005 is not the one. As far as they’re not doing anyone any harm, mind your own business and just shut up about it. They’re not you and you’re not them. What we’re not going to do (whether we be on the streets of Onitsha, Toxteth, New York, Lewisham, Ikoyi or Rochdale) or is pretend that everyone’s the same and that everybody doesn’t have a spiritual path which is unique to them. No, no, no. We ain’t doing that, Mr ego.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
Richwallet:

I prefer to try and respect cultural syncretism (within reason) and be swifter to point out what’s right with those systems than what’s wrong. It’s always about what’s (gone) wrong and not what’s right and that’s … wrong.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 12:34am On Apr 14, 2023
Probz:

I prefer to try and respect cultural syncretism (within reason) and be swifter to point out what’s right with those systems than what’s wrong. It’s always about what’s (gone) wrong and not what’s right and that’s … wrong.

I don't compromise. The LORD doesn't either and His law is what counts not mines or yours.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 1:38am On Apr 14, 2023
Richwallet:

I don't compromise. The LORD doesn't either and His law is what counts not mines or yours.

It’s better to be honest with yourself and know where you stand with yourself spiritually and/or your God than be everything but a child of God Monday to Saturday and live a holy life just once a week, thinking you’re superior to people who happen to add a bit of cultural syncretism to their religion (which virtually every Nigerian Christian does on some level). Fair enough about cultists but Igbo Jews, Yoruba Chrislims and Edo oba-aligned Christians can do whatever the hell they want. Everyone else does. It’s about how you know you align with your religion/spiritual ideology-practice, not how other people (who may or may not even know you that well to begin with) think (think, not know) you do.

Homosexual business is no more a sin than 419 or going home to self-service over someone you’re not married to (if you’re about the spousal life) but over-Hot (h*rny; come on, Nairaland, man) thieves are everywhere in the church. Why does LGBT stuff bother you so much?
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 2:02am On Apr 14, 2023
Probz:

It’s better to be honest with yourself and know where you stand with yourself spiritually and/or your God than be everything but a child of God Monday to Saturday and live a holy life just once a week, thinking you’re superior to people who happen to add a bit of cultural syncretism to their religion (which virtually every Nigerian Christian does on some level). Fair enough about cultists but Igbo Jews, Yoruba Chrislims and Edo oba-aligned Christians can do whatever the hell they want. Everyone else does. It’s about how you know you align with your religion/spiritual ideology-practice, not how other people (who may or may not even know you that well to begin with) think (think, not know) you do.

Homosexual business is no more a sin than 419 or going home to self-service over someone you’re not married to (if you’re about the spousal life) but over-Hot thieves are everywhere in the church. Why does LGBT stuff bother you so much?

Sodomy is pagan religion and all pagans are sodomites. Your priest and priestess performed sex worship to fertility gods to cause rain, bless crops and war magick. Your male priests dressed as women and performed sex with men and women joined them, some involved children and animals in the sex act. Blood sacrifices of animals and slaves and even small children. How are you adding this foundational Satanism with the religion of Christ? Colonialism was wrong to force religion upon you and make your ancestors give up your spiritual traditions and make you disguise them. I am not those men. Give to Christ what is Christ and that is obedience and loyalty. Or go to your tribal god and stay forever there.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 2:12am On Apr 14, 2023
Richwallet:

Sodomy is pagan religion and all pagans are sodomites. Your priest and priestess performed sex worship to fertility gods to cause rain, bless crops and war magick. Your male priests dressed as women and performed sex with men and women joined them, some involved children and animals in the sex act. Blood sacrifices of animals and slaves and even small children. How are you adding this foundational Satanism with the religion of Christ? Colonialism was wrong to force religion upon you and make your ancestors give up your spiritual traditions and make you disguise them. I am not those men. Give to Christ what is Christ and that is obedience and loyalty. Or go to your tribal god and stay forever there.

What are you even talking about?
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 2:32am On Apr 14, 2023
Probz:

What are you even talking about?

No, syncreticism.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 2:39am On Apr 14, 2023
What religion/denomination are you? Straight question.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 9:16am On Apr 14, 2023
Probz:
What religion/denomination are you? Straight question.

My family in the Frankish created the church before the denominational split.

Learn the truth and why I am upset about syncreticism.

https://www.nairaland.com/7609169/brown-skin-anti-christ
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 10:01am On Apr 14, 2023
Richwallet:

My family in the Frankish created the church before the denominational split.

Learn the truth and why I am upset about syncreticism.

https://www.nairaland.com/7609169/brown-skin-anti-christ

Ah. I see where this is going.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 10:14am On Apr 14, 2023
Probz:

Ah. I see where this is going.

Yes, we didn't force our Christian religion upon West Africa the White colonizers and traitors among your ancestors or other groups were responsible. I don't care what you worship although I pray it was God but it's none of my business.

The White Jewish French forced Catholicism on Haitian slaves it was not my ancestors.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 10:18am On Apr 14, 2023
Richwallet:

Yes, we didn't force our Christian religion upon West Africa the White colonizers and traitors among your ancestors or other groups were responsible. I don't care what you worship although I pray it was God but it's none of my business.

The White Jewish French forced Catholicism on Haitian slaves it was not my ancestors.

So if you have so much beef with European colonialism’s alleged hand in black African religion what is it about paganism and traditional syncretism what irks you so much? Do you not think it’s wise to redirect some of that religious frustration more to con-artist pastors who make a living out of exploiting the church or to gossiping, judgemental aunties who judge people they know very little about based on rumours that they’ve run away from God?

Re. your last point: Catholics are far from born-again so if your brand of judgemental holy-holy ain’t vibing with Virgin Mary, fair enough. I appreciate aspects of the rosary and I have attended mass for various social reasons over the decades but it is what it is. The denomination itself is more-or-less idol-worship under the rubric of nominal Christianity. Eating rice and egusi soup post-mass on occasional third Sunday of the month and showing face at certain weddings and certain Igbo christenings (not that the vast majority of Igbos have Catholic roots but there’s no doubting that a lot are or at least have one foot in Catholic/Anglican/Methodist churches even if they’re predominantly Pentecostal). The sub-religion itself is meh. I don’t particularly like it.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2023
Probz:

So if you have so much beef with European colonialism’s alleged hand in black African religion what is it about paganism and traditional syncretism what irks you so much? Do you not think it’s wise to redirect some of that religious frustration more to con-artist pastors who make a living out of exploiting the church or to gossiping aunties who judge people they know very little about based on rumours that they’ve run away from God?

Re. your last point: Catholics are far from born-again so if your brand of judgemental holy-holy ain’t vibing with Virgin Mary, fair enough. I appreciate aspects of the rosary and I have attended mass for various social reasons over the decades but it is what it is. The denomination itself is more-or-less idol-worship under the rubric of nominal Christianity. Eating rice and egusi soup post-mass on occasional third Sunday of the month and showing face at certain weddings and certain Igbo christenings (not that the vast majority of Igbos have Catholic roots but there’s no doubting that a lot are or at least have one foot in Catholic/Anglican/Methodist churches even if they’re predominantly Pentecostal). The sub-religion itself is meh. I don’t particularly like it.

The Illuminati headquarters is in Africa, did you know this?

Of course I have issue with pagan religion it goes against the laws of God. Your religion is being pushed on us by many Illuminati pastors, politicians, banks, miliataries, etc All intended to make us bear the ugly image of the pagan religion. The rise of LGBT, the West is not the catalyst we are the scapegoats! Africa is the birthplace of LGBT.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 5:21am On Apr 15, 2023
Richwallet:

The Illuminati headquarters is in Africa, did you know this?

Of course I have issue with pagan religion it goes against the laws of God. Your religion is being pushed on us by many Illuminati pastors, politicians, banks, miliataries, etc All intended to make us bear the ugly image of the pagan religion. The rise of LGBT, the West is not the catalyst we are the scapegoats! Africa is the birthplace of LGBT.

Fam, I don’t think you truly understand the concept of the illuminati. Circa 2011 Rihanna was soaking in it according to the likes of pastor G. Craige Lewis (who makes good points but also talks a lot of crap and is very ignorant about t’reality of mental illness and conflates depression for grief, schizophrenia for just being paranoid and lacking in the spirit of anti-fear and bipolar for violent mood swings and how the black/akata community can just snap out of these illnesses, which he clearly knows absolutely nothing about, if they pray more and tone down on a li’l. of the ghetto) and the lady’s pregnant for a man 12 years later. She might’ve dabbled in same-sex. experimentation when she was younger (and she might not have) but at the end of the day and as far as we know she’s pretty straight. There’s hardly any connection between the illuminati-triangle and L.G.B.T. at all. You’re more likely to see illuminati symbols in some dude’s dodgy hairline (not helped by a tapped barber, or whatever t’case may be).
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2023
Probz:

Fam, I don’t think you truly understand the concept of the illuminati. Circa 2011 Rihanna was soaking in it according to the lines of pastor Craig (who makes good points but also talks a lot of crap and is very ignorant about t’reality of mental illness) and the lady’s pregnant for a man 12 years later. She might’ve dabbled in same-sex. experimentation when she was younger (and she might not have) but at the end of the day and as far as we know she’s pretty straight. There’s hardly any connection between the illuminati-triangle and L.G.B.T. at all. You’re more likely to see illuminati symbols in some dude’s dodgy hairline (not helped by a tapped barber, or whatever t’case may be).

I understand the Freemason Illuminati corner every profession such as entertainment artists being secretly Masons. The celebrities are there to brainwash the youth and spread negative life values. Freemasonry is all about the worship of Lucifer and Pride is their show. A few people know that gays recieve jobs, contracts and privileges through Freemasonic networks.

Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lucifer's kingdom is a sex kingdom. All cultists are initiated using sex rituals to embody them with demons worshipped by the cult. Sodomy for men with beatings and orgies for women. This is not just traditional cults but is the foundation of Freemasonry which stone masonry has its roots in North Africa.

Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 9:30am On Apr 18, 2023
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Probz(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2023
At first I thought you were just a bit conspiracially kooky but now I see that you’re actually one of those mad people.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2023
Probz:
At first I thought you were just a bit conspiracially kooky but now I see that you’re actually one of those mad people.

I am calm and at peace. Spiritual War doesn't upset me.
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
1 Maccabees 1:11

“In those days went there out of Israel wicked men, who persuaded many, saying, Let us go and make a covenant with the heathen that are round about us: for since we departed from them we have had much sorrow.”
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2023
Re: Creeping Pagans Bringing Syncreticsm Into Christ's Church by Richwallet: 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2023

(1) (Reply)

A Skilled Man Or Woman Can Never Go Hungry Or Cashless. Learn A Skill Today. / Who Should I Believe In This Case?? / What Are You Understand By Word "sufi"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.