Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life (686 Views)

Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm / Port Harcourt Pastor Attempts Suicide, Says His Church Has 15 Members Since 2000 / Shocking Before & After Photos Of A Man After Giving His Life To Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life
His story, 'Big George Foreman', opens April 28th in theatres
written by Le-Jovale Vallejo April 12, 2023

George Foreman, a pastor and former heavyweight boxing champion, is talking openly about his near-death experience.

George Foreman
Big George Foreman, a faith-centred biopic about 74-year-old George Foreman, stars Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland) as Foreman’s trainer Doc Broadus and Space Jam: A New Legacy’s Khris Davis as Foreman. The film opens April 28 in theatres.

Foreman won the heavyweight title at the age of 24 and then again at the age of 45, becoming the oldest title holder in history. But, he says, it was a near-death incident in between those two titles that changed his life and prompted him to become a pastor.

That life-altering event occurred in 1977. He had already lost his first title (against Muhammad Ali in 1974) and was attempting to reclaim his place in another heavyweight championship bout.

Full of Pride
But he learned something the hard way.

"I was in the dressing room … walking back and forward and saying, 'I don't care about this boxing match I lost. I'm still George Foreman.' You know, I can win this [next match] and I got my movie career, I got my money in the bank. And I could go home and retire now and die. That sneaked into my conversation – 'die.' And I couldn’t get it out. All of a sudden I faced death, and I knew I was about to die," Foreman told Christian Headlines. "So with that in mind, I heard a voice within me say, 'You believe in God, why are you scared to die?' And I was afraid – I really was. And I started fighting to keep my life in me. I eventually lost the fight."

George claimed he died in the dressing room that night, but God revived him.

"I was gone out of this life. Above me, under me, all around me was nothing. The most sad thoughts that you can even come to mind – multiply it. I was in a dump yard of nothing and sorrowfulness. … I remember thinking there was no hope for me – like someone had dropped me out in a sea. There was no land."

"I still believe there's a God!", he said when suddenly, "a hand reached in and pulled me out of nothing and death."

George Foreman Comes Back to Life
"I was alive [and] breathing in that dressing room," George said. "… [I] fought eight men to get into the shower. I started screaming, 'Jesus Christ has come alive in me’ after I saw blood on my head and hands. … They couldn't stop me. I started kissing everybody in the dressing room. I tried to make a break for the door. They said, 'George, you don't have clothes on.' They had to hold me down. … I got a second chance to live."

According to George, he wants the audience to be motivated by the film.

"The most important thing I'd like for the people who go to the movie to take out is that there is hope. … There's a living God," Foreman said. "And I'm proof of it. That's all – forget about the boxing and the winning and the losing and all of that. Faith in God is what that movie is about," he concluded.

Header image: George Foreman [biggeorgeforeman]. Instagram, 7 October 2019, https://www.instagram.com/p/B3UcN5MJqMQ/

Reference: Christian Headlines

Source

George Foreman, a pastor and former heavyweight boxing champion, is talking openly about his near-death experience.
Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by TheBillyonaire: 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
A reboot and upgrade has been called NDE by the spiritually naive, almost always.

1 Like

Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2023
VISION OF CRUCIFIED JESUS SHOCKED GEORGE FOREMAN INTO DEFEATING THE SPIRIT OF DEATH
Shawn A. Akers : Apr 21, 2023

https://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html
Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by Maynman: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2023
Was george foreman a christian before this incident?

1 Like

Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by Tboy222: 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
A reboot and upgrade has been called NDE by the spiritually naive, almost always.

Actually near death experiences are real and that is proof to the existence of Jesus Christ, We have heard a lot of them from Randy Kay,Jim Woodford, Tamara Leroux, Betty J Eadie, and even Elizabeth Taylor.

But there is something to be wary of, we have heard of so many near death experiencers coming back to tell us of this infinite knowledge and of a being of Light telling them that Jesus. Christ never died. For example the experience of Betty J Eadie in her book " Embraced by the Light"

I don't doubt her Nde but there are a lot of others who had the same near death experiences claiming they met Jesus ,others said they met Budha and others said they met so and so.

You will wonder why it is so,until you come across Brian Melvin book "Hell dominion, A Land Unknown"

In his book, he explains his experience in Hell after dying from food poisoning, He saw people dropped into cells and while they are in there the demons manipulate their visions.

Instead of seeing themselves in Hell they see themselves in paradise, meeting loved ones and seeing Jesus himself, who tells them they are welcome to Heaven and that He never died on the cross.

He goes ahead to tell them no matter how bad they are they are always welcome to Heaven.

In the Bible in the Book of 2 Corinthians 11:14 " And no marvel for satan himself is transformed into an angel of Light."

So you have to be wary of the ndes you hear, for the devil mirrors every thing about God, the same way people die and go to Heaven or Hell and come back to warn people, Satan also does the same He mirrors a perception or an illusion of Heaven and gives it to those being deceived and after they are brought back they go on deceiving the world.

The only way to God is through His Son Jesus Christ, there is no other person that can deliver you from the Hand of God. In John 14:6 Jesus Christ says " I am the Way,the Truth and the Life no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

The Bible makes it clear in the Book of Romans 8:23 " For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

It also says in Romans 3:10-12 " There is none righteous,no not one.There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, They are together become unprofitable, There is none that doeth good,no not one."

So clearly there is no one righteous before God, The book in Isaiah 64:6 says " even our righteousness are as filthy rags before God."

So no one is acceptable before God,that's is why He sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross of calvary.

In John 3:16 it says " For God so loved the world that He sent his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting Life."

So my brothers and sisters here on nairaland,the only and perfect way to God is through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The only way to escape Hell is by confessing and forsaking your sins. The Bible in the book of Proverbs 28:13 says " whosoever covereth his sins shall not prosper,but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."

So kindly go down on your knees and humbly and sincerely ask God for forgiveness of sins, ask Him to forgive you of all your intentional and hidden sins. God loves you so much to lose you to eternal suffering in Hell. Beg Him and ask Him to cleanse your heart and ask Jesus Christ to be your personal Lord and Saviour.

After you have done that congratulations, you are now born again and your name has been written in the book of Life,look for a Bible read pray and meditate daily morning and evening,also look for a Bible believing Church where Jesus Christ is the center of the message being preached alongside Holiness and Righteousness.

The Lord be with you all as I would be praying for you.

I hereby recommend the following YouTube channels for edification and spiritual growth

Sid Roth it is supernatural ( youtube)
2 Randy Kay ministries (youtube)
3 100 huntley street (youtube)
4. Vlad Savchuk ( youtube)
5. David DIGA HERNANDEZ ( Youtube)
6. TBN ( youtube)
7. 700 club interactive ( Youtube)
8 STEPHAINE P SMITH (youtube)
9 Marcthemessanger ( youtube)
10. Trailblazer ( youtube)
11 Above inspiration (youtube)
12. Grace for purpose ( youtube)
13 GrowinFaithgrowinChrist (youtube)
14 INRI MOTIVATION (youtube)
15 Witnessing Heaven (youtube)
16. Deep Believer (youtube)
17 supernatural stories (youtube)
18 Delafe testimonies (youtube)
19: Delafe testimonies (Youtube)
20 isaiahsaldiver (youtube)
21 Grow in faith grow in Christ (youtube)
22 Notsofastbaby (Youtube)
23 Propheticdreamer (youtube)

God bless you as you do so I will be praying for you, please kindly share with others .God Almighty be with you all.Amen

Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by TheBillyonaire: 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2023
Tboy222:

Actually near death experiences are real and that is proof to the existence of Jesus Christ, We have heard a lot of them from Randy Kay,Jim Woodford, Tamara Leroux, Betty J Eadie, and even Elizabeth Taylor.

But there is something to be wary of, we have heard of so many near death experiencers coming back to tell us of this infinite knowledge and of a being of Light telling them that Jesus. Christ never died. For example the experience of Betty J Eadie in her book " Embraced by the Light"

I don't doubt her Nde but there are a lot of others who had the same near death experiences claiming they met Jesus ,others said they met Budha and others said they met so and so.

You will wonder why it is so,until you come across Brian Melvin book "Hell dominion, A Land Unknown"

In his book, he explains his experience in Hell after dying from food poisoning, He saw people dropped into cells and while they are in there the demons manipulate their visions.

Instead of seeing themselves in Hell they see themselves in paradise, meeting loved ones and seeing Jesus himself, who tells them they are welcome to Heaven and that He never died on the cross.

He goes ahead to tell them no matter how bad they are they are always welcome to Heaven.

In the Bible in the Book of 2 Corinthians 11:14 " And no marvel for satan himself is transformed into an angel of Light."

So you have to be wary of the ndes you hear, for the devil mirrors every thing about God, the same way people die and go to Heaven or Hell and come back to warn people, Satan also does the same He mirrors a perception or an illusion of Heaven and gives it to those being deceived and after they are brought back they go on deceiving the world.

The only way to God is through His Son Jesus Christ, there is no other person that can deliver you from the Hand of God. In John 14:6 Jesus Christ says " I am the Way,the Truth and the Life no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

The Bible makes it clear in the Book of Romans 8:23 " For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

It also says in Romans 3:10-12 " There is none righteous,no not one.There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, They are together become unprofitable, There is none that doeth good,no not one."

So clearly there is no one righteous before God, The book in Isaiah 64:6 says " even our righteousness are as filthy rags before God."

So no one is acceptable before God,that's is why He sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross of calvary.

In John 3:16 it says " For God so loved the world that He sent his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting Life."

So my brothers and sisters here on nairaland,the only and perfect way to God is through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The only way to escape Hell is by confessing and forsaking your sins. The Bible in the book of Proverbs 28:13 says " whosoever covereth his sins shall not prosper,but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."

So kindly go down on your knees and humbly and sincerely ask God for forgiveness of sins, ask Him to forgive you of all your intentional and hidden sins. God loves you so much to lose you to eternal suffering in Hell. Beg Him and ask Him to cleanse your heart and ask Jesus Christ to be your personal Lord and Saviour.

After you have done that congratulations, you are now born again and your name has been written in the book of Life,look for a Bible read pray and meditate daily morning and evening,also look for a Bible believing Church where Jesus Christ is the center of the message being preached alongside Holiness and Righteousness.

The Lord be with you all as I would be praying for you.

I hereby recommend the following YouTube channels for edification and spiritual growth

Sid Roth it is supernatural ( youtube)
2 Randy Kay ministries (youtube)
3 100 huntley street (youtube)
4. Vlad Savchuk ( youtube)
5. David DIGA HERNANDEZ ( Youtube)
6. TBN ( youtube)
7. 700 club interactive ( Youtube)
8 STEPHAINE P SMITH (youtube)
9 Marcthemessanger ( youtube)
10. Trailblazer ( youtube)
11 Above inspiration (youtube)
12. Grace for purpose ( youtube)
13 GrowinFaithgrowinChrist (youtube)
14 INRI MOTIVATION (youtube)
15 Witnessing Heaven (youtube)
16. Deep Believer (youtube)
17 supernatural stories (youtube)
18 Delafe testimonies (youtube)
19: Delafe testimonies (Youtube)
20 isaiahsaldiver (youtube)
21 Grow in faith grow in Christ (youtube)
22 Notsofastbaby (Youtube)
23 Propheticdreamer (youtube)

God bless you as you do so I will be praying for you, please kindly share with others .God Almighty be with you all.Amen

But God is not a Christian and neither was Jesus(RIP)
Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by Tboy222: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

But God is not a Christian and neither was Jesus(RIP)

God cannot be a christain because He is God.
Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by TheBillyonaire: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tboy222:

God cannot be a christain because He is God.

Exactly my point. Christianity, Islam, Judaism and all other Religions make their customers sorry members believe that God is on their side.

God is not on the side of any Religions, Because God is God and Religions can not decode God.
Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by Tboy222: 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Exactly my point. Christianity, Islam, Judaism and all other Religions make their customers sorry members believe that God is on their side.

God is not on the side of any Religions, Because God is God and Religions can not decode God.

Sure, God is a spirit who can only be accessd by his son Jesus
Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by TheBillyonaire: 10:17am On Apr 24, 2023
Tboy222:

Sure, God is a spirit who can only be accessd by his son Jesus

God is not a Spirit. God is Spirit. Spirit is God. Jesus was no less a Son of Spirit than you and I.

1 Like

Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2023
God's Word gives perspective and real hope!

by Dan Lietha - Cartoonist/Illustrator

Re: George Foreman Says His Near-Death Experience Changed His Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2023
George Foreman Recalls Incredible Conversion: 'Jesus Christ Is Coming Alive in Me!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pDmPuFE74

(1) (Reply)

White Jews Do Not Exist The Khazars Are Invaders In Israel#ThereisnoblackJesus / Only A Useless Father Will Create Satan To Torment His Children. / Should I Forgive Anybody?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.