Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday (2674 Views)

Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her / Man Flees Nigeria After Defrauding Clients With Wife’s Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 4:29am On Apr 13, 2023
Good morning nairalanders please help my wife money N48,000 was been withdrawn from her zenith bank account all she has left yesterday by a sparkle microfinance bank paul Elijah please if there is any advice or help any can render please help
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by donaldchidi: 4:34am On Apr 13, 2023
If your in Abuja, goto human rights radio/television brekete Family program and complain to ordinary president, am sure she will get her money back...

7 Likes

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 4:38am On Apr 13, 2023
No sir we stay at ogun state
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 4:39am On Apr 13, 2023
donaldchidi:
If your in Abuja, goto human rights radio/television brekete Family program and complain to ordinary president, am sure she will get her money back...
thanks for the reply but we stay at ogun state
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by xtivin2: 4:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Sorry about that. There have been so many sensitisation about giving codes over the phone to scammers for whatever reason una no go hear... Pls lick your wound and move on.
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 4:56am On Apr 13, 2023
We Have the scammer bank details can it help he used mobile app to withdraw the money as according to my wife who made call to her bank after the incident
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 4:59am On Apr 13, 2023
xtivin2:
Sorry about that. There have been so many sensitisation about giving codes over the phone to scammers for whatever reason una no go hear... Pls lick your wound and move on.
yes thanks for the reply she told me something like that she gave here atm card number out and a sms code sent from her bank but is there anything we can do

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by saladinnoir: 5:11am On Apr 13, 2023
phenomental40:
yes thanks for the reply she told me something like that she gave here atm card number out and a sms code sent from her bank but is there anything we can do

Go to the bank as early as possible to lay complain. Nairalanders can't help you but your bank might

5 Likes

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 5:13am On Apr 13, 2023
saladinnoir:

Go to the bank as early as possible to lay complain. Nairalanders can't help you but your bank might
ok sir we will do that this morning thank
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by Caaz: 5:19am On Apr 13, 2023
Nawa o
So people still falls for this olden type of scam.
Anyways sorry about her ordeal.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by Eze2000(m): 5:34am On Apr 13, 2023
phenomental40:
Good morning nairalanders please help my wife money N48,000 was been withdrawn from her zenith bank account all she has left yesterday by a sparkle microfinance bank paul Elijah please if there is any advice or help any can render please help

It's gone and Zenith bank can't even help.

The ATM on the account was used on a POS that copied and sent the details to a scammer who cashed out

Kill the card and make it a habit never put a card on you main account. Use a secondary account always and only money you can lose in it

Zenith is my main bank. I have 3 accounts no atm

My ATM is linked to my GTbank account. I only transfer money in there when I need it

Scammers have tried to drain it 3 times in the last 8 months. Only they found less than 1k there

And stop using your card anyhow not all POS are clean.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by Unrated900(m): 5:37am On Apr 13, 2023
phenomental40:

Its gone bro, sorry oti lo.
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by OmotolaBoy(m): 5:41am On Apr 13, 2023
Go to the bank and they will reveal the transactions details and time of the occurrence
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by Buharidgeneral: 5:46am On Apr 13, 2023
You can still write the bank and copy cbn consumer protection department. Is no guarantee oo but try.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 6:26am On Apr 13, 2023
Buharidgeneral:
You can still write the bank and copy cbn consumer protection department. Is no guarantee oo but try.
thanks I will try it

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 6:28am On Apr 13, 2023
Buharidgeneral:
whose bank should we write my bank or the scammer bank even his bank does not have an address or customer service phone number
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by eteebanky1: 8:19am On Apr 13, 2023
phenomental40:

Lol, she gave out her ATM card number and bank O.T.P message sent from her bank

That was where she went wrong, she was so gullible

Sope otilo

Go to the Scammer bank and report to them

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by Draslo(m): 8:40am On Apr 13, 2023
All banks specifically tell their customers not to give out their banking information such as card number, pin, otp, etc. Your wife did all of this. Customer service has been overwhelmed in the past 2 months, they won't prioritize your case because she willingly gave out the information...they will just advise you to change the card and then educate her not to do it again. Also, the money must have been transferred to a POS agent's account. Chances are the scammer himself won't use his own account. Also, the scammer could be anywhere across the 36 states.

Otilo..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by online4business: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
phenomental40:

She gave the scammer her pin and otp therefore it's not a scam she authorized the transaction.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by Bintabisiriyu2: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
oga give us the full info how the thing happened na, abi you wan dey give us half information, 48k is too small,
let the guy use it to buy sub and recharge card e cannot even buy 10 bottles of drinks for him and his guys, please forgive and let go, you were foolish the scammer was wise, that's it.
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by JapaToDNext: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
oga give us the full info how the thing happened na, abi you wan dey give us half information, 48k is too small,
let the guy use it to buy sub and recharge card e cannot even buy 10 bottles of drinks for him and his guys, please forgive and let go, you were foolish the scammer was wise, that's it.
N48000 is not a small money in this economy, maybe to u it is

If 48,000 is small, what will u then say concerning Minimum wage in the country

As small as minimum wage is, some state government have still refused to pay its citizen and u are saying N48000 is small
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by dedoz: 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
The money is gone...same thing would have happened to my brother yesterday if not that he called me...he had already sent the number on his atm card to the scammer and otp code sent to him...the scammer kept calling him back for the code to be sent to him..told him to ignore the call....he quickly rushed to his bank and got a new atm card.
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by Brownshoe: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ask your if she has ever borrow from any microfinance bank and didn't pay them think it's a long time they would have forget,

Those micro f hardly forget their loan, many years they would still find means to collect it.
Ask her.
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:08am On Apr 14, 2023
Many zenith customers have been suffering this shitt since last year and zenith is so dumb not to track the criminals.
Zenith cannot help you so stop leaving your hugh savings in zenith.angry
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 3:19am On Apr 15, 2023
dedoz:
The money is gone...same thing would have happened to my brother yesterday if not that he called me...he had already sent the number on his atm card to the scammer and otp code sent to him...the scammer kept calling him back for the code to be sent to him..told him to ignore the call....he quickly rushed to his bank and got a new atm card.
please ask him if he applied for beta life offer loan on Facebook I think that was were my wife started give out her bank information
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 3:21am On Apr 15, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Many zenith customers have been suffering this shitt since last year and zenith is so dumb not to track the criminals.
Zenith cannot help you so stop leaving your hugh savings in zenith.angry
zenith bank may no be unconnected to it I was at the bank and another woman was complaining the same issue Of fraud on seems she applied for zenith beta life loan on Facebook that was the similarities
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 3:23am On Apr 15, 2023
Brownshoe:
Ask your if she has ever borrow from any microfinance bank and didn't pay them think it's a long time they would have forget,

Those micro f hardly forget their loan, many years they would still find means to collect it.
Ask her.
no it's not it
Re: Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday by phenomental40(m): 3:40am On Apr 15, 2023
I have reported to the scammer's bank, I will give update soon we also went to the bank now her bank has been restricted and the scammer bank a lien has been placed on his account too by his bank so will update later. And I urge all to come out to Facebook to give bad review to beta life or beta life offer they are sponsored let's bring them down you might be helping a brother or sister by doing that indirectly so they won't fall victim let's all voice out

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Boys Out There Have To Say On Boys Beating Up There Girlfriends / 2 Men Accused Of Breast handling / BREAKING: Ritualists Behead Woman In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.