Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal (32753 Views)

Breaking News Update On Chicago State Case Tinubu / Daily Loud Reports Tinubu's US Drug Case / Uber Facts Posts Bola Tinubu's US Drug Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Tballack: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
agba
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by ade4real2016: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
divinehand2003:
All those of you shouting up and down that Tinubu was convicted of drug trafficking in the USA should just keep their mouth shut from henceforth. He has now clarified that he wasn't a party in that drug trafficking case. It was his money that was convicted and not him in person.
So, please mind your business and stay on your lane.
Stop embarrassing our president elect with unfounded lies manufactured from the pit of hell.

Looks like ya ain't conscious of what you're saying at all..."His money was convicted n Not him in person"
Ya need to stop those ungodly hard drugs you're taking otherwise ya may end up at Psychiatry hospital...

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by UNDFTD: 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
divinehand2003:

https://leadership.ng/im-not-a-party-in-us-drug-case-tinubu-tells-tribunal/

First of all, Tiefnubu pleaded guilty to a violation of 18 U.S. Code § 1956 & 1957 - Engaging in monetary transactions in property derived from specified unlawful activity.

Below is exactly what the criminal code § 1956 & 1957 said:

18 U.S. Code § 1956 - Laundering of monetary instruments

(a)
(1)Whoever, knowing that the property involved in a financial transaction represents the proceeds of some form of unlawful activity, conducts or attempts to conduct such a financial transaction which in fact involves the proceeds of specified unlawful activity—

(A)
(i)with the intent to promote the carrying on of specified unlawful activity; or
(ii)with intent to engage in conduct constituting a violation of section 7201 or 7206 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986; or

(B)knowing that the transaction is designed in whole or in part—
(i)to conceal or disguise the nature, the location, the source, the ownership, or the control of the proceeds of specified unlawful activity; or
(ii)to avoid a transaction reporting requirement under State or Federal law,

shall be sentenced to a fine of not more than $500,000 or twice the value of the property involved in the transaction, whichever is greater, or imprisonment for not more than twenty years, or both. For purposes of this paragraph, a financial transaction shall be considered to be one involving the proceeds of specified unlawful activity if it is part of a set of parallel or dependent transactions, any one of which involves the proceeds of specified unlawful activity, and all of which are part of a single plan or arrangement.

18 U.S. Code § 1957 - Engaging in monetary transactions in property derived from specified unlawful activity

(a)Whoever, in any of the circumstances set forth in subsection (d), knowingly engages or attempts to engage in a monetary transaction in criminally derived property of a value greater than $10,000 and is derived from specified unlawful activity, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b)
(1)Except as provided in paragraph (2), the punishment for an offense under this section is a fine under title 18, United States Code, or imprisonment for not more than ten years or both. If the offense involves a pre-retail medical product (as defined in section 670) the punishment for the offense shall be the same as the punishment for an offense under section 670 unless the punishment under this subsection is greater.

(2)The court may impose an alternate fine to that imposable under paragraph (1) of not more than twice the amount of the criminally derived property involved in the transaction.

(c)In a prosecution for an offense under this section, the Government is not required to prove the defendant knew that the offense from which the criminally derived property was derived was specified unlawful activity.

The ONLY reason why you will NOT see any arrest, mugshot, or fingerprint of Mr. Bola Tiefnubu on record is that he absconded to Nigeria before he could be arrested. In the same way his partner in drug dealing Mr. Adegboyega Mueez Akande was in Nigeria before he could be arrested. It's without a doubt that but for him making a plea bargain, his case would have gone to trial and he would have been found guilty and sentenced in absentia. Mr. Tiefnubu and his supporters could use all the semantics they want to, NO body ever forfeits their legitimately hard-earned money, NOT in the US and NOT in Nigeria! And for him to argue that he was NOT a party to the forfeiture is a big lie. His name appeared in the document as a defendant along with the bank accounts because the case was about property forfeiture and NOT him personally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by unclejb2(m): 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
divinehand2003:
All those of you shouting up and down that Tinubu was convicted of drug trafficking in the USA should just keep their mouth shut from henceforth. He has now clarified that he wasn't a party in that drug trafficking case. It was his money that was convicted and not him in person.
Stop embarrassing our president elect with unfounded lies manufactured from the pit of hell.
ok... He invested his money in drug business and the government siezed the money when they realized it was proceeds of narcotics..

Shame no dey tire una?
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Electorate: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
divinehand2003:

https://leadership.ng/im-not-a-party-in-us-drug-case-tinubu-tells-tribunal/

Now the story is clearer, Tinubu was the snitch that gave the US government info on the arrest of his drug colleagues hence he entered a plea bargain to return his share in the drug deal.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by okuta007: 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
vannessa7:

You are obviously smatter than American government, you need to apply to consult for FBI, such Einstein brain should not go to waste. Mtwww

that’s why they took the money

it is a punishment

Mr Ozuor- that was why US took the money because Tinubu could not explain the source of that money so they seized it
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Originalsly: 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
OKOATA:

Guy shame no even catch you, so you rather let our country be declared a narcotic state because of a druglord. See as this one will be blind for life, you just choose to stay in darkness. Chai.

Who will declare Nigeria a narcotic State? ... and how does a state qualify to become one? Do you even know when one is said to be a drug lord? I wish you can defend what you wrote .
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by babajero(m): 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
PulaPower:

Them dey convict money? Lmao!
Kindly show me an example of some money that had been convicted in the past..
Now I see you people reason from your anus.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
UNDFTD:

First of all, Tiefnubu pleaded guilty to a violation of 18 U.S. Code § 1956 & 1957 - Engaging in monetary transactions in property derived from specified unlawful activity.

Below is exactly what the criminal code § 1956 & 1957 said:

18 U.S. Code § 1956 - Laundering of monetary instruments

(a)
(1)Whoever, knowing that the property involved in a financial transaction represents the proceeds of some form of unlawful activity, conducts or attempts to conduct such a financial transaction which in fact involves the proceeds of specified unlawful activity—

(A)
(i)with the intent to promote the carrying on of specified unlawful activity; or
(ii)with intent to engage in conduct constituting a violation of section 7201 or 7206 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986; or

(B)knowing that the transaction is designed in whole or in part—
(i)to conceal or disguise the nature, the location, the source, the ownership, or the control of the proceeds of specified unlawful activity; or
(ii)to avoid a transaction reporting requirement under State or Federal law,

shall be sentenced to a fine of not more than $500,000 or twice the value of the property involved in the transaction, whichever is greater, or imprisonment for not more than twenty years, or both. For purposes of this paragraph, a financial transaction shall be considered to be one involving the proceeds of specified unlawful activity if it is part of a set of parallel or dependent transactions, any one of which involves the proceeds of specified unlawful activity, and all of which are part of a single plan or arrangement.

18 U.S. Code § 1957 - Engaging in monetary transactions in property derived from specified unlawful activity

(a)Whoever, in any of the circumstances set forth in subsection (d), knowingly engages or attempts to engage in a monetary transaction in criminally derived property of a value greater than $10,000 and is derived from specified unlawful activity, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b)
(1)Except as provided in paragraph (2), the punishment for an offense under this section is a fine under title 18, United States Code, or imprisonment for not more than ten years or both. If the offense involves a pre-retail medical product (as defined in section 670) the punishment for the offense shall be the same as the punishment for an offense under section 670 unless the punishment under this subsection is greater.

(2)The court may impose an alternate fine to that imposable under paragraph (1) of not more than twice the amount of the criminally derived property involved in the transaction.

(c)In a prosecution for an offense under this section, the Government is not required to prove the defendant knew that the offense from which the criminally derived property was derived was specified unlawful activity.

The ONLY reason why you will NOT see any arrest, mugshot, or fingerprint of Mr. Bola Tiefnubu on record is that he absconded to Nigeria before he could be arrested. In the same way his partner in drug dealing Mr. Adegboyega Mueez Akande was in Nigeria before he could be arrested. It's without a doubt that but for him making a plea bargain, his case would have gone to trial and he would have been found guilty and sentenced in absentia. Mr. Tiefnubu and his supporters could use all the semantics they want to, NO body ever forfeits their legitimately hard-earned money, NOT in the US and NOT in Nigeria! And for him to argue that he was NOT a party to the forfeiture is a big lie. His name appeared in the document as a defendant along with the bank accounts because the case was about property forfeiture and NOT him personally.

You are now the interpreter of the judgement. None of your interpretation is mentioned in the judgement and the Court in Nigeria cannot interprete the judgement. You can appeal the case in US and seek for clarification and interpretation.

Bitterness can lead to mental problem.

Your essay assume to take the position of Court of Competent Jurisdiction in US delivering a judgement on the matter. You are now doing what you think the Court ought to have done in 1993 based on your hallucinations and now passing new judgement 30 years later.

You can travel to US to appeal the judgement.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by UNDFTD: 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
babaolofin:

You are now the interpreter of the judgement. None of your interpretation is mentioned in the judgement and the Court in Nigeria cannot interprete the judgement. You can appeal the case in US and seek for clarification and interpretation.

Bitterness can lead to mental problem.

Your essay assume to take the position of Court of Competent Jurisdiction in US delivering a judgement on the matter. You are now doing what you think the Court ought to have done in 1993 based on your hallucinations and now passing new judgement 30 years later.

You can travel to US to appeal the judgement.

I guess you lack basic reading and comprehension but you still want to add your two cents. If you have any modicum of intelligence, go and read 18 U.S.C. § 1956 & 1957. § 1957 prohibits depositing or spending more than $10,000 o[/b]f proceeds from a criminal offense, [b]while § 1956 violations are punishable by imprisonment for not more than 20 years. § 1957 carries a maximum penalty of imprisonment for 10 years. I do NOT have to travel to the US to appeal the judgment because I am in the US and know about our legal system more than you will ever know!
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by lildush(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ohislee:
As an Obidient, I believe in honesty and truth. So, I believe Tinubu to an extent.

Tinubu said he wasn't involved in drug dealing.
However, I doubt he is not aware where the money came from. Which make him equally culpable. Or, how did he come about having 1.8million dollars in his bank account. What was his job, what was his businesses?

My guess is, Tinubu must have been on top of the food chain for initial suspects in the drug case not have mentioned his name. You know, drug dealers go to any length to eliminate snitches. The US government must have also been waiting for more evidence and witnesses to nail him, which they obviously didn't get.

In this election petition tribunal, Tinubu might as well get off the hook like in previous court cases.

It's end of the road for him.. he should not have contested... Wat about the Forged certificate name and age? Wat will he have to say about that
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by BigBizzy(m): 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
babaolofin:

You are frustrated. Bitterness can cause mental problem. You are now interpreting the judgement. If you are not satisfied, you can appeal the judgement.

You don dey behave like zombie ...
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 14, 2023
UNDFTD:

I guess you lack basic reading and comprehension but you still want to add your two cents. If you have any modicum of intelligence, go and read 18 U.S.C. § 1956 & 1957. § 1957 prohibits depositing or spending more than $10,000 o[/b]f proceeds from a criminal offense, [b]while § 1956 violations are punishable by imprisonment for not more than 20 years. § 1957 carries a maximum penalty of imprisonment for 10 years. I do NOT have to travel to the US to appeal the judgment because I am in the US and know about our legal system more than you will ever know!

You lack knowledge and comprehension. You are frustrated and suffering from bitterness and hallucinations. Judgements are delivered based on issues and how the judge (s) perceived and understands the matter. You are interpreting an already delivered judgement and still delivering judgement on the same issue. Thousands of Lawyers will argue and quote laws and interprets laws to suit their argument just as pastors quote bibles .

All you have been quoting are insinuations of the interpretation of the judgement without any basis or attachment whatsoever to the judgement. Obasanjo men would have done better than you because he fights with everything at his disposal and the judgement was about a decade that time but his men are not fools like you. Also, as President that time, the intelligence agencies would have understood the futility of the exercise.

Since you are the only person in US and does not need to travel as you said, you can appeal the case to seek for official interpretation and clarification.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by UNDFTD: 12:41am On Apr 14, 2023
babaolofin:

You lack knowledge and comprehension. You are frustrated and suffering from bitterness and hallucinations. Judgements are delivered based on issues and how the judge (s) perceived and understands the matter. You are interpreting an already delivered judgement and still delivering judgement on the same issue. Thousands of Lawyers will argue and quote laws and interprets laws to suit their argument just as pastors quote bibles .

All you have been quoting are insinuations of the interpretation of the judgement without any basis or attachment whatsoever to the judgement. Obasanjo men would have done better than you because he fights with everything at his disposal and the judgement was about a decade that time but his men are not fools like you. Also, as President that time, the intelligence agencies would have understood the futility of the exercise.

Since you are the only person in US and does not need to travel as you said, you can appeal the case to seek for official interpretation and clarification.

Go and sit your raggedy a$$ down. What do you about the law especially in the US? Absolutely NOTHING! And yet you come on social media to expose your ignorance! I am in no mood to dignify ignorance and cheer stupidity. By the way, I never claimed to be the ONLY one in the US but the difference is that I am an attorney. And I am opining on what I have verse knowledge about unlike you who is very ignorant, and yet you want to engage in an intelligent conversation so that you have something to boast about amongst your peers. Stay in your lane, dude!
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by AssCraver: 12:56am On Apr 14, 2023
divinehand2003:

U are as dumb as the man you’re supporting 😂 😂
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:54am On Apr 14, 2023
Eniitankorede:

If a drug baron you never knew was a drug baron drops money in your account, then you must be selling drugs too?
And what will you do if such happens to you?
Won’t you reach out to him to know what’s up? Then he tells you to calm down, let the money be there that you’ve got 20% share. If you don’t want to answer an accomplice, why not say no or rather report him to the appropriate quarters? In legal terms, when caught you’re an accomplice.
Same with when your account is used as pipeline or push account for internet scam. In a competent court, he isn’t getting away with this. But trust Naija, with Tinubu, case is already DOA.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by John4B: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2023
Cheap lie from brainless man. Even ur lawyers are brainless.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by NovusHomo(m): 4:55am On Apr 17, 2023
Ohislee:

I am not. If you have watched movies like Power produced by 50cents, you would have lots of ideas about their module's operandi.
Movies by 50Cents. These children never fail to surprise . Movies belong in the area of creative art. They are not necessarily true. Why do I even bother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N60bn Sale Proceeds: EFCC Probes Amaechi / Soon-To-Wed Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri (Photos) / Thief Caught At Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto Female Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.