Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty (82771 Views)

Why You Haven't Earned As An Affilate Marketer / You Are Missing If You Haven't Heard Of The CHATMOGUL / Hi Nairalanders, A Fellow Needs A Help On How To Overcome Stage Fright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Kaido: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2023
Kubin:
My brother pray not to experience poverty,some people can stay for months without normal brush,in those days for villa we use guava tree to brush.bath in the river without soap,na God wey the help, us.
Bathing in the river/stream is a good way to reconnect with nature & universe.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by goslowgoslow(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
So this post is to glorify poverty or what? Nonsense!
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by saintbillion(m): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2023
drimzsmoke:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Senior man!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
I swear bro. The eba took time to desolve into smooth paste, I had to speed up the process by using my hands, spoon couldn't do the job. I smash it with my hands and palms

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Goddyrichie(m): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
chinebu:

This situation is even better, a situation where you resort to salt or charcoal for brushing of teeth, and black soap of 10N for bathing
wenti I do u u don cast me na

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Ndidi2: 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
I buy my paste in pack of 5 pieces but it will never stop me from cutting out the head to make sure say e finish.
Na my signature usage be that..

My children don learn am
Na Dem de cutam now

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by saintbillion(m): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ndidi2:
I buy my paste in pack of 5 pieces but it will never stop me from cutting out the head to make sure say e finish.
Na my signature usage be that..

My children don learn am
Na Dem de cutam now
Hehe. The fact that u do buy and stock means ur good to go. Cutting the tube when u have another to replace is economical. And I must commend u for that

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by seanwilliam(m): 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
For that close up , I disagree. I still do it till now. Especially when the shop to get it is far or if I’m in haste

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Sweetvie: 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
LikeAking:
POVERTY GET MIND OH..
Aswear 😂
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Kiliwanjo: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
I don pass dis stage grin
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Akharmony: 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
This is not poverty, you even still have a crystal clear mirror... May you not see poverty Oo, this to me is just brooklyn or mayb common entrance to poverty if not quickly dealt with.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Elmgnifico(m): 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
You still dey buy toothpaste, come get brush. You never use charcoal and salt as paste? you never brush with tooth sticks (atu osisi) Poverty never sat you down, you dey talk
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by damoobaba: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
saintbillion:
My guy if ur situation no ever reach like this, then u are enjoying as u haven't tasted poverty.
If u ever used your soap or toothpaste up to this level, two things are involved
1. Its either ur stingy to yourself
2. Your poverty level has a confidence interval of 100%

Poverty and you're living I side that kind of house.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Chizua(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
saintbillion:
My guy if ur situation no ever reach like this, then u are enjoying as u haven't tasted poverty.
If u ever used your soap or toothpaste up to this level, two things are involved
1. Its either ur stingy to yourself
2. Your poverty level has a confidence interval of 100%

....sometimes not poverty but a life style 😎
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by fortunechy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
So u guys are bragging with poverty?? TufiakwA!!!
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by damoobaba: 7:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
saintbillion:

Now u come bro. Try dey buy at least 2 on a go. E get why

For wetin nah, I wan take am soak garri ni.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by APCNig: 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
SmallDick99:
We just need another 8 years of Buhari rule for everyone to get there grin

Sadly I'm already there cheesy

Since that's what you are praying for your family. May God answer your prayers for your family
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by SeniorMan715(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
I have done this stuffs times without number not because i can't afford it or been stingy is just that i don't always remember to get it or otherwise..

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by luizpippo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
I have 3 tubes of Colgate in reserve, two (durbar medicated and colgate)in active use in my bathroom with one sensodyne in my knapsack in case of travel.

I have 2 active bathsoaps with 12 in reserve ( i use any soap but must be medicated)

I have teas, seasonings, dishwashing liquids, detergents and others in reserve, anytime i enter a supermarket i buy, i don't want a case of bordering myself over minor things as this and mostly because i really lacked such necessities in school.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
saintbillion:

Let's see your own toothpaste and bathing soap. It might be better than the OP own.
meaning?
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by saintbillion(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
Chizua:

....sometimes not poverty but a life style 😎
A poverty lifestyle

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by saintbillion(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
meaning?
Meaning if OP no beg him no suppose dey beg too cause him soap fit dey bigger than OP own angry grin
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Elxandre(m): 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
omniwater:
Most times, it's not about being stingy or poverty, it could also happen through forgetfulness.

Sometimes I would have planned to shop on my way back from work, only for me to enter the bathroom before I remember the plans to replace those items.
Exactly.
I have a hard time remembering to buy soap or toothpaste.

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by 6ixT8: 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
Over 99% don experience no cap, and it's not necessary poverty but just a frugal lifestyle.

Those wey dey bath with detergent nko cheesy
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Youngzeez(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
Allahu Akbar na true ooo my brother 💯💯
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
Miracood2:
I disagree with that close-up own.

Sometimes, there'll be money to get a new one, but probably because I'm late for class or I'm lazy to go out and buy a new one, I'll then decide to tear the old one open.

And scoop from it.

Exactly... Atimes I even forget to buy new one and just have to use it like that, believing I'll buy when returning that day, only for me to forget again

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Elxandre:

Exactly.
I have a hard time remembering to buy soap or toothpaste.

Same here, Na early morning you go come remember say toothpaste don finish and Na for night you go remember say soap don finish

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by bigiyaro(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
This is not poverty but a condition of the mind that makes you forget about toothpaste and bathing soap until you enter the bathroom the next morning.

1 Like

Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Electorate: 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
gameova:
Lol you are funny. Lucky enough I bought big toothpaste when I had some money and it's still remaining much as for bathing soap, I no get any for now. I bath with just water.

You even see water take baff you still dey disturb sapa.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by saintbillion(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
Electorate:

grin grin guy why?
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by deavicky(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
This is not poverty you can forget to buy those items sometimes.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by gameova(m): 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
Electorate:

lol rain fell yesterday so I fetched enough water.
Re: If You Haven't Reached This Stage, Then You Have Never Experienced Poverty by Clairvoyancy: 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Funny enough, even though I can afford thousands of toothpaste, i still tear my toothpaste open and make sure to scoop out everything with my toothbrush before discarding.
If you like say I’m stingy to myself na you know. This month alone I’ve already done giveaway of over 700k, so I’m convinced deep down in my heart that I’m not stingy. This is what matters most to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

30-Year-Old Terrorist Python Killed In Ilorin (Photos) / The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) / Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.