Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? (14351 Views)

If You've Never Though About A Second Wife You've Failed As A Naija Man-Man Says / What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / There Is An Unhealthy Amount Of Misogynists On Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by Kobojunkiee: 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Thegoodone13:
. What do you want me to say or do?
Just saw something I felt needed to be pointed out. undecided
Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by Icon79(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
Logically, what you said should make sense but the fact. On the ground totally contradicts your statement. In America, for instance, the divorce rate for first marriage is about 40%. But for second marriages, the rate goes up to 50%

Logically, you’d think folks would learn from their first experience and make connections in their second marriage but it doesn’t always work out that way.

O pari

Kobojunkie:
1. Divorce instead means the strategy employed in your previous relationship failed, and you have a chance to do better in your next attempt. You do not divorce yourself from all marriages but from a particular marriage. undecided

So long as you are in this "error and contradictions" prone state called life, expect failures. If you take anu of it personally, you are bound to wreck yourself. If you pretend it all has no meaning, you fool yourself. Best is to take it for what it is which is an opportunity to learn from mistakes so you can move forward and make less of the same. undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by tunapawizzy: 5:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
Anything unhealthy that you successfully let go off only confirms your sanity
Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by frozen70(f): 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Have you ever been in a situation where you find it difficult to let go even when the situation is not making you happy?

Have you ever been with a partner with bad behavior and they are not ready to change and you're force to divorce and walk away, but deep down, you wish they could change for good, because you want a better life?

Have you ever been in a situation where you constantly nag your partner out of the house,but still wish they're safe. And want them back safely?

What of living with a partner where love, affection romance and all that are absent because your partner's bad character irritate you?

What did you do?

Could this emotional feeling, be a feeling that keeps people in an unhealthy marriage for the rest of their lives?
Did you walk away or did you stay even when you have no solution?

Does divorce really mean you've failed?

Once there is no threat to life especially for married ones, I will stay and keep pushing knowing that one day he will change especially when children are in that marriage

But if it's just friendship, I will close his chapter when I can no longer tolerate such

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by Kobojunkiee: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2023
Icon79:
■ Logically, what you said should make sense but the fact. On the ground totally contradicts your statement. In America, for instance, the divorce rate for first marriage is about 40%. But for second marriages, the rate goes up to 50%. Logically, you’d think folks would learn from their first experience and make connections in their second marriage but it doesn’t always work out that way. O pari
1. Let's not take the focus off of what really matters abeg! Whether some people choose to learn or not does change anything really. The fact is the opportunity is ever there for them to do so and that, I believe, is of the most importance. undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by LeyeWrites: 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2023
Yes.

It means you're unintelligent enough to make good choices.

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by Kobojunkiee: 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Yes. It means you're unintelligent enough to make good choices.
Like Bill Gates and all the other Geniuses out there who are equally divorced? undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by LeyeWrites: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Like Bill Gates and all the other Geniuses out there who are equally divorced? undecided
Yes.

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by Kobojunkiee: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Yes.
You are indeed a Nigerian to your core! undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by spiceadole: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Have you ever been in a situation where you find it difficult to let go even when the situation is not making you happy?

Have you ever been with a partner with bad behavior and they are not ready to change and you're force to divorce and walk away, but deep down, you wish they could change for good, because you want a better life?

Have you ever been in a situation where you constantly nag your partner out of the house,but still wish they're safe. And want them back safely?

What of living with a partner where love, affection romance and all that are absent because your partner's bad character irritate you?

What did you do?

Could this emotional feeling, be a feeling that keeps people in an unhealthy marriage for the rest of their lives?

If you are a woman,you have failed.You cannot keep your home.You are irresponsible and can't stay in your husband's house so that you can have opportunity to sleep around with other men.

If you are a man,you have dodged a bullet.
You deserve better.You will remarry..Infact,women will rush you.

Hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by Exceed15: 10:09am On Apr 15, 2023
Anything constantly draining and taking away my peace I m simply walk away even.
Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by efficiencie(m): 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2023
Dearlove2me:

What did you do?

Oh yes. It means you have failed woefully. It means you went to the market to buy counterfeit. It means you played yourself. It means you went through the trouble only to be left with nothing. Yet failure is better than death. Only a living being can fail or succeed at anything. Divorce is a failure but it is better than destruction. Be saved from your failure. Heal from your failure. Learn from your failure. Make the next move.
Re: Does Letting Go Of an Unhealthy Marriage Means You've Failed? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
Alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Its A Wonderful Christmas Gift...a Bouncing Baby Boy. / Females Are More Matured Than Males / What Would You Do If Your Partner Goes Out Against Your Wish!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.