Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Basketmouth Confirms Separation From Wife Elsie After 12 Years Of Marriage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Confirms Separation From Wife Elsie After 12 Years Of Marriage (575 Views)

Basketmouth & Wife, Elsie Okpocha Welcome 3rd Child (Photos) / Basketmouth, Wife, Elsie Okpocha And Daughter Looking Adorable In New Picture / Basketmouth 41st Birthday Surprise From Wife, Elsie Okpocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basketmouth Confirms Separation From Wife Elsie After 12 Years Of Marriage by Immaculate755(m): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nigerian comedian, Bright Okpocha, popularly known as Basketmouth, has confirmed that he and his wife, Elsie, are truly separated after 12 years of marriage.

The comedian made the announcement in December 2022, but some fans speculated that it was a joke. However, in a recent statement, Basketmouth reiterated that the separation is real.

He also clarified that he and Elsie are on good terms, saying, "He said he and Elsie are ‘’cool'' and that he made the announcement after they had celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary."

Basketmouth is one of Nigeria's top comedians, known for his rib-cracking jokes and hosting popular events. He has won several awards and has a large fan base in Nigeria and beyond.

Many fans have expressed their support for the comedian during this difficult time, with some taking to social media to wish him and his family well.

The couple has two children together, and it is unclear if they will file for divorce or attempt to work things out. Regardless, fans and well-wishers will be watching to see how this situation develops.

He said in interview he had in Ghana;
’I am seperated right now. People thought it was a joke but it wasn't. Some people were like do you want to promote a show and I was like you definitely do not know my design. I do not bring my personal matter on a public platform but it was something I needed to do and for reasons best known to me. ‘’

Watch the video from his interview below
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq-rVufNxJr/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=f20b7b56-3ab8-478c-a580-3228707c67cd&ig_mid=5D2D7095-8D6D-4855-843D-F736FDA03344

(1) (Reply)

Iyanya Fondles A Girl On Stage At Unilag / D General: Is This The Most Expensive Nigeria's Advert At The Moment? / Bella Bbn Elder Sister Sandra Okagbue Husband Flavour Secret Wife & Son Uncovere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.