Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,676 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK (66066 Views)

Japa: Leaked Documents Reveal UK Plans To Deport 3,000 Asylum Seekers Monthly / Discover What Makes Seychelles Island An Amazing Place To Visit / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by eroticecstasy: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2023
Make I kukuma remain here!
It's heaven here in Brazil....

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Philomath1212: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2023
crows2ravens:
Causes of loneliness abroad, not only UK:
* Most people do shifts, and the weekend pays are higher. So it is uncommon for friends to be off-duty on same days, or even same time of the day. No time to visit or hangout.
* Working abroad is not like Nigeria where you will have time to gist with your colleagues during work hours. Even if you're not that busy at work, it's unethical to leave your workstation without good reason.
* It's common to have a chat with your neighbours in Nigeria but in the UK except you have Nigerian neighbours (Indians too like to make friends), you might not even know them. Most people mind their business even in shared houses.
* Other places to quickly make friends are churches and mosques, and many people don't attend them in the UK.
* Hangouts (bars and clubs) are not cheap like Nigeria. Friends also hangout less.
* Except you've been friends from home, Nigerians are very careful with making new Nigerian friends abroad. We all know why - we don't trust one another that much.
* You can't hear people discussing politics or sports (football) or "the situation of the country" in the bus or train. Not even someone speaking loudly on the phone. No "conductor my change" or "Jibowu wá o" or "driver take it easy oo" or two drivers quarrelling after bashing their cars - all those drama that keep your mind busy when you are moving around in Naija.

Despite all that no one of them had returned home!

Oh my God, this is the best and perfect country for me...
If this is how it is, I should pursue UK fast fast...
To hell with social life...
To hell with gisting...
Live and let others live...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Tats(m): 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2023
The only thing when dey make me vex small is whenever I think of the 40% tax dem dey comot from my income including bonus. grin But at least I see what they use it for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by uuzba(m): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
QuinModah:
Which hardship?
No light hardship
Bad road hardship
No food hardship
What people keep on failing to understand is that the problems in Nigeria are solved in UK.
But the solutions in Nigeria are problems in UK.
The two are very opposite.
But both sides still have problems.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by GoodbutBadguy: 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

As a student I did a road trip from Cambridge to Glasgow, Scotland and got a return ticket for £46 and it was a 15hrs trip one way though we laid over in London for almost 4hrs.

That £46 was like what a student earned in a 4 hours shift, so it wasn't out of reach.
But the 4hrs work no be beans grin
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by niggadee(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
Eat healthy go to the gym and socialize workloads and costs of living is driving a lot of people insane in uk

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Spiff20(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
This depression thing is for extroverts who go to UK and seek the kind of social life they had in Nigeria. Friday night Clubbing, hanging out with friends on the streets, and gisting all day. For introverts that have fallen in love with their beds in Nigeria when they go there, it's basically the same thing. With steady light, it's even better. Once laptop, phone and bed is set wetin concern introvert with depression.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by uuzba(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tats:
The only thing when dey make me vex small is whenever I think of the 40% tax dem dey comot from income including bonus. grin But at least I see what they use it for.
Yes you will see the results.
Their government is not corrupt like our own
But their weather is opposite to out own.
Loneliness is opposite to our own.
Social life is opposite
Job opportunities is opposite
Life is more than food and drink.
You will eat the food and drink there and still be depressed
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Shikena(m): 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
Don't mind them. You captured it well. Many of our people are "limited" to say the least.

GloriousGbola:
Part of the problem is that the average Nigerians entertainment begins and ends with party and fk.

Books dey
Netflix dey
Video games dey.
Even Nairaland sef dey.

But the average Nigerian is into the most basic forms of entertainment, so here we are.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Tunagee(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2023
JDistribute:

A poor desperate man thinks money is everything, till he can afford to eat and live well, he will begin to see there is more to life. I don't blame anyone though, some are very desperate.

Exactly the problem
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by DaveOnuoha92(m): 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
We still dey manage Lol and Lmao
Watin come be this one again kwanu
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Tats(m): 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
uuzba:

Yes you will see the results.
Their government is not corrupt like our own
But their weather is opposite to out own.
Loneliness is opposite to our own.
Social life is opposite
Job opportunities is opposite
Life is more than food and drink.
You will eat the food and drink there and still be depressed

If I am tired of the weather, I fly to southern Spain, Portugal or Italy for the weekend. keep yourself busy with different things and activities and loneliness will not set in. I agree social life can be difficult here but just get yourself involved in activities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by onuman: 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
kingthreat:
There is no way you won't miss home when you are abroad.

Nice response. But insecurity from Nigeria's unitary government system has made home unenviable. Unitary government system is why Islamists from one part of Nigeria who are struggling for a country to be governed with Sharia criminal laws, penetrate to other parts of the country to wreck havoc, after one part of the country adopted Islamic sharia criminal justice system since 1999.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by JudasNaKarrot: 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tadadobe:

Exactly. Very depressing places to be. I pray Nigeria work in our time
Yea, Nigeria would have worked if Obi's mandate was not manipulated and stollen by your tribesman whose only interest is just to bear that title "president" like Buhari.

Nigeria will never work in our own time, never. Except the mandate is returned to it's rightful winner, nothing will work.

My advice, remain in the UK if you know what is good for you because we here are about to enter from frying pan to fire.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by dangotesmummy: 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
rickpat:
but your beloved Nigeria is always here for you...WHY NOT RETURN?..since na social life be una problem...after complaining,the UK government says they are not renewing your visa..na una go still dey beg, hide,do fake marriage,just to remain there
lol them no Go fit come back to Nigeria na.if them come back, wetin them wan tell their family or who sponsored their trip to the UK? You wan tell them say Na depression wey make you come back to Nigeria? cheesy

You think they'll ever respect you or take be you seriously again? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by abba09: 2:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
if its true then you should all come back home, bunch of hypocrites. nigeria is a hell compared to UK. u complain about bills u earn money nd pay the bills whats wrong wth this? here to just eat na wahala.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Tats(m): 2:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
Spiff20:
This depression thing is for extroverts who go to UK and seek the kind of social life they had in Nigeria. Friday night Clubbing, hanging out with friends on the streets, and gisting all day. For introverts that have fallen in love with their beds in Nigeria when they go there, it's basically the same thing. With steady light, it's even better. Once laptop, phone and bed is set wetin concern introvert with depression.
Very true. No wedding here every weekend or one party/celebration or another every weekend. grin
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Smartguyboy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
Reminderz:
the way the system is designed is to keep the average people poor... it's the matrix.. you'll keep working and working and working while you forget yourself slowly... the taxes, the bills are designed in such a way you'll continue working as a slave till you die... this is why only until you break free from the matrix, and stop working as a slave, unlock your potentials that's when you start to enjoy life... but if you're still an NPC, doing what the average Joe does, you'll never amount to anything...

The Matrix, John Wick, Free City is trying to tell us the truth... but people aren't seeing it... When the guy in free city was still working as a slave (normal 9-5), he doesn't have time for himself or has any love life or any sources of income apart from that bank, he wanted to purchase a shoe with his salary, no matter how hard he works, didn't sustain him... until he was able to break free from the Matrix, that's when he started enjoying life and finally bought the shoe... most people are NPCs thinking they are free... it's a prison we design for ourselves and we night never break free because we are so dependent on the system, and powerful people made it so to keep the average person in control...

you may not believe it, but starting a good business in Nigeria is far better than oversees... at least for now... the taxes wahala, the laws to keep average people poor and in control, the bills, the known and unknown bills and restrictions ain't much here and you can easily scale up your business... but there.. you'll work and work and work and work till you have any sustainable income, and it will never be enough.... you need other sources of income, break free from the Matrix, think outside the box and stop consuming and doing what the average Joe does... most people think they are free or enjoying because they live in these cities that [b][/b]satisfies their illusions, but deep down, they are fvcking sad, depressed and tired... until you break free from your prison and anchors holding you down, you'll forever get stuck in this loop designed for the average person...

it is not about where you live or work, but how you live and work... people are still making it in this country till tomorrow, abi you want to tell me we don't have people suffering or homeless in overseas??.. it's about discipline, mindset and doing the right thing in order to win..
Just like this movie IN TIME the day you stop working that the day you die.
In reality the day you stop working that the day you be come homeless many home base will not understand this unless you have idea in the street you will see a 68 years old still working at Walmart or doing babysitting job just to add up from social security to pay bills .

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
Sltp:
■ Where did I tell you people in Europe are not doing well? But there's no way to tell what a person is facing until they tell you. I mentioned Europe offers us more opportunity that's why lots of us has decided to stay behind at the expense of our mental health. It's not a personal issue - it's an environmental issue. If you choose to argue about something you don't understand bye bye
And I am telling you that I happen to know lots of people in Europe who happen to be thriving mentally in that environment meaning as initially stated this is not an environment problem but a behavioral problem. That you think your mental health is sacrificed by your stay in Europe does not mean everyone else is in the same boat as you are. Also, there are treatments for these problems which you describe, many of which include change in behavior. undecided
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by emmybobo1: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
Eriokanmi:
This is one of the many reasons I chose not to stay back after my studies in Buffalo, NY. I'm an African man, original. I love seeing my people around me.

Depression no be anyone's mate. Dem go talk say your siblings wan marry, you no fit come home. Your mama or papa dey do birthday, you no fit show face.

I really pitied one guy whose dad died back home. This man spent a lot on his education, up to his master's degree in Europe. The day he died, this guy couldn't come home. He was crying and crying. He was not done with his adjustment of status yet. Which kain life be dat one na? You can't barge into your neighbour's compound and ask if he or she had chilled stuff. You can't even say hello or attend your neighbour's birthday party unattended. You can't even share your mind with anyone and that's the cause of many suicides over there. I no fit live that kain life abeg
Hmm and I am traveling to the same place (UB) soon. I’m beginning to change my mind o
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by eepeepook: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
Abeg, Twitter noise.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Softino: 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
The matrix is real. All by design by the power that rules the matrix. Wake up Neo
Reminderz:
the way the system is designed is to keep the average people poor... it's the matrix.. you'll keep working and working and working while you forget yourself slowly... the taxes, the bills are designed in such a way you'll continue working as a slave till you die... this is why only until you break free from the matrix, and stop working as a slave, unlock your potentials that's when you start to enjoy life... but if you're still an NPC, doing what the average Joe does, you'll never amount to anything...

The Matrix, John Wick, Free City is trying to tell us the truth... but people aren't seeing it... When the guy in free city was still working as a slave (normal 9-5), he doesn't have time for himself or has any love life or any sources of income apart from that bank, he wanted to purchase a shoe with his salary, no matter how hard he works, didn't sustain him... until he was able to break free from the Matrix, that's when he started enjoying life and finally bought the shoe... most people are NPCs thinking they are free... it's a prison we design for ourselves and we night never break free because we are so dependent on the system, and powerful people made it so to keep the average person in control...

you may not believe it, but starting a good business in Nigeria is far better than oversees... at least for now... the taxes wahala, the laws to keep average people poor and in control, the bills, the known and unknown bills and restrictions ain't much here and you can easily scale up your business... but there.. you'll work and work and work and work till you have any sustainable income, and it will never be enough.... you need other sources of income, break free from the Matrix, think outside the box and stop consuming and doing what the average Joe does... most people think they are free or enjoying because they live in these cities that satisfies their illusions, but deep down, they are fvcking sad, depressed and tired... until you break free from your prison and anchors holding you down, you'll forever get stuck in this loop designed for the average person...

it is not about where you live or work, but how you live and work... people are still making it in this country till tomorrow, abi you want to tell me we don't have people suffering or homeless in overseas??.. it's about discipline, mindset and doing the right thing in order to win..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by 27Pushing30: 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
British economy is expected to go into recession this year
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Meteng: 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
We’re crying too. In fact, una cry for there no even smell our cry for here. If you say una own bad pass, make una come back come experience naija cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Tats(m): 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Just like this movie IN TIME the day you stop working that the day you die.
In reality the day you stop working that the day you be come homeless many home base will not understand this unless you have idea in the street you will see a 68 years old still working at Walmart or doing babysitting job just to add up from social security to pay bills .

If you haven't saved a good personal pension or made investments or completed your mortgage payment, then you may need to carry on working beyond 65. State pension or social security will not be enough to survive on. I know white colleagues in the UK and US who retired, enjoyed for a few years and became bored, then took on part time professional work and even gradually increasing the hours.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Tunagee(m): 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
OtuologyProf:
I wonder why a full grown Nigerian will leave his large expanse of land in his village, travel out to pay bills. This is a landlord we are talking about oh..

For otu's sake! Who did this to black people?

Hehehehe! Na mental slavery

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Spiff20:
Heaven to such people abeg! undecided
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by MrBroke(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
PulaPower:

Remove USA, many of those countries are harder than Nigeria..

Everything boils down to grace regardless of where you are..

Na wetin most people no know b that
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Smartguyboy(m): 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tats:

If you haven't saved a good personal pension or made investments or completed your mortgage payment, then you may need to carry on working beyond 65. State pension or social security will not be enough to survive on. I know white people in the UK and US who retired, enjoyed for a few years and became bored, then took on part time professional work and even gradually increasing the hours.
And how many average people do save up a good pension or complete their mortgage payments?
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Basic123: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is not a healthy approach to living on any coast. You need to learn how to make a home for yourself where you are rather than live postponing your joy for when you eventually make it back to some place else. That is something many Africans do which I notice people from other races/cultures don't do a lot of here. undecided
Igbos are the best in making every place a home

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Tats(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
27Pushing30:
British economy is expected to go into recession this year
IMF keeps saying that and then it doesn't happen.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
Smartguyboy:
■ Just like this movie IN TIME the day you stop working that the day you die.
■ In reality the day you stop working that the day you be come homeless many home base will not understand this unless you have idea in the street you will see a 68 years old still working at Walmart or doing babysitting job just to add up from social security to pay bills .
That movie no talk true at all. There are so many people out here not working who are still very much alive. undecided

2. Homelessness dey Nigeria plenty so people know it for sure even if they majorly turn a blind eye to it there. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.