Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK (66085 Views)

Japa: Leaked Documents Reveal UK Plans To Deport 3,000 Asylum Seekers Monthly / Discover What Makes Seychelles Island An Amazing Place To Visit / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
BloomingDale:
The only problem is that there are a lot of Yorubas and they gossip a lot. All lies and vicious gossip and jealousy. My goodness. Not until I mix with some of them in the United States that I realize. I just became weak. I quickly disassociated myself from them.
Wait.... why complain when that is the same Nigerian social culture that exists in Nigeria?. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by MarketDispatch: 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
crows2ravens:
Causes of loneliness abroad, not only UK:
[/b]
Despite all that no one of them had returned home!

Just wondering why the guys will be crying in UK

Let me add, make Oyinbo friends, go to Old school bars, go to mostly white Bars & Clubs, less of Naija Rnb clubs because all your fellow Bobo would have run all the few Oyinbo babes there, if you meet Oyinbo babe for Bar, invite her over for a Cup of Tea, or ask if you can come over to hers for a Cup of Tea...Na Tea o... grin
**make sure you clear age talks early enough
Well little piece nuff said....

** No go dey follow Naija babe for UK o... majority of them too are thinking of how to get paper, so their tentacles are focused on white guys.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Starboytwo(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
Make them no dey bring this kain topic come front page.

Why complain, I thought UK was cold and have snow. Y’all manage that.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Mindlog: 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Part of the problem is that the average Nigerians entertainment begins and ends with party and fk.

Books dey
Netflix dey
Video games dey.
Even Nairaland sef dey.

But the average Nigerian is into the most basic forms of entertainment, so here we are.

I add traveling to mine....so many outdoors stuff to explore.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by OtuologyProf(m): 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Funkyswagzz:
You get depressed over there if your not careful. Living there very tough for me i missed everything about nigeria especially the food. I lived in harrow and kenton buh nowhere to buy nigeria stuff unless you go all the way to elephant and castle or peckham

I'm not against anyone traveling oh! But if your movement can guarantee you free accommodation at the instant, then it's a wise thing to do.
If your nija currency is far stronger than the country you are going to, it is also a wise thing to do irrespective of accommodation arrangements.

Here in Panya, we live all the life in the world because I was given free accommodation in my University.
Any day I'm asked to pay 1k, I'll pack my bag and return to my villa mansion and farm

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by OChimex: 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
rickpat:
but your beloved Nigeria is always here for you...WHY NOT RETURN?..since na social life be una problem...after complaining,the UK government says they are not renewing your visa..na una go still dey beg, hide,do fake marriage,just to remain there

You dey mind those spoiled kids. These guys are just spoiled kids in Nigeria.
How else can a man have his day blessed than, go out there, work your ass off, make some money, come home take a hot shower, eat your nourishing dinner, lay in your bed with better drink by your bedside table, dey watch premier league, champions league or documentaries?
Not as if the job is hard oo.
I don’t just understand these guys complaining about Europe or America.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Klass99(f): 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by ominilongest(m): 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
9 1 2 7 9 2 3 6 5 7. O pa y

Someone pls bless me I'm starving

Pls 👏👏👏
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Offpointng: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Most Nigerians are illiterate all they want to do in another man's land is start supporting criminals and do party. The only thing you see Nigerians doing abroad following their own criminal..

Once in another man's land or another country people know you are a Nigerian or they find out you are a Nigerian they just keep their distance from you.

Nobody in another country wants to associate themselves with Nigerians.. I saw a Nigerian man in UK he bought £750000 hours what's the neighbours found out he was in Nigerian they went to court and told him to leave the road. They started giving him problems they don't want him on their Road .America and Canada I have seen the same thing

Learn to type properly and in a more comprehending way

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by BloomingDale(f): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by 8stargeneral: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
Nigerians always like where they will be making noise and intimidating people with their so called money that's why they find it difficult to leave there....if you do anyhow you see anyhow

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by sharpwriter(m): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tadadobe:

Exactly. Very depressing places to be. I pray Nigeria work in our time
That dream is long, a pipe dream .... unless the inhabitants of Nigeria go back to what they had before those Brits came to colonize so each tribe can be unique in their own ways. It is simple. The Brits still got a hold on this country Nigeria, so how can you be free? You go to their country, wahala and depression, you remain here, na kasala, why? simply because they still have influence here. I mean their wind of affliction is everywhere their influence still holds. They run a frugal kind of lifestyle for their citizens although providing basic amenities.

But if ye Nigerians want fresh air, you must undo the establishment (Nigeria) which is a British institution; then you can now start forging ahead, if not you wil only have scattered developments and merry go round kind of progress.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Bhol28: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
rickpat:
then stay there peacefully.. enjoy the positives and deal with the negatives...no where is 100% enjoyable bro...we must make sacrifices
The simple truth is if you are ready to do menial jobs not minding any edicational qualification you have and you have legal right to stay and work,with time you will make it in Europe and America.Its easier there than Naija to plan and achieve good things in life.And you must be disciplined financially.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by sofiscatedmoron: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
crows2ravens [s:
post=122501623]Causes of loneliness abroad, not only UK:
* Most people do shifts, and the weekend pays are higher. So it is uncommon for friends to be off-duty on same days, or even same time of the day. No time to visit or hangout.
* Working abroad is not like Nigeria where you will have time to gist with your colleagues during work hours. Even if you're not that busy at work, it's unethical to leave your workstation without good reason.
* It's common to have a chat with your neighbours in Nigeria but in the UK except you have Nigerian neighbours (Indians too like to make friends), you might not even know them. Most people mind their business even in shared houses.
* Other places to quickly make friends are churches and mosques, and many people don't attend them in the UK.
* Hangouts (bars and clubs) are not cheap like Nigeria. Friends also hangout less.
* Except you've been friends from home, Nigerians are very careful with making new Nigerian friends abroad. We all know why - we don't trust one another that much.
* You can't hear people discussing politics or sports (football) or "the situation of the country" in the bus or train. Not even someone speaking loudly on the phone. No "conductor my change" or "Jibowu wá o" or "driver take it easy oo" or two drivers quarrelling after bashing their cars - all those drama that keep your mind busy when you are moving around in Naija.

Despite all that no one of them had returned home!
[/s]

Invalid point,, it depends on the nature of ur job chikina
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by folake4u(f): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Part of the problem is that the average Nigerians entertainment begins and ends with party and fk.

Books dey
Netflix dey
Video games dey.
Even Nairaland sef dey.

But the average Nigerian is into the most basic forms of entertainment, so here we are.

Apt! There are so many forms of entertainment but we too dey limit ourselves sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
You never see anything.. habibi come to dubai and see frustration.. a country you have to work 12hours plus extra 2hours of ur time on express going to work everyday making it 14hrs , the remaining of ur hours you need to cook and prepare for another day because nah 31days calendar you are working, no rest, even if u are sick u must get sick leave about 40k to take 3 days rest, ok let's say people go fit manage that one, let's say u need a woman to help u forget most of the stress... but finding out that at the end, bunk bed in a room of 10 by 10 size filled with other male adults u are not allow to bring in woman, if u decide to go to hotel, you must spend close to 70k on hotel and food to travel almost half the country to have 2 round of séx .. money u will give her not included.. nothing is free, comrades even toto no free.. if u can live and survive in uae you can survive anywhere In the world

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Truth234(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Oboto700:
They don't have Sense.. most of them are very weak people naturally.. the men are simps.. who gives a Bleep about loneliness inasmuch iam working and receiving my pay.. I can stay without talking to anyone for one year except calling Mom and Dad if iam that's the way it is... they should come back home and start partying about in poverty... nonsense.

People like you always make me laugh.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Sweetvie: 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Hmm
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by frankmoney(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2023
UK people no dey let person rest

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2023
You have to create fun for yourself.

I was more depressed in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by vickydevoka(m): 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
rickpat:
but your beloved Nigeria is always here for you...WHY NOT RETURN?..since na social life be una problem...after complaining,the UK government says they are not renewing your visa..na una go still dey beg, hide,do fake marriage,just to remain there
Uk sweet for single person. That’s the fact. Or married couple without kids. Me way don dey use loneliness when I de Abj. Uk sweet self . Data and like 24 hrs. Weekend you go for clubbing. You do soapy once in a while. Smoke your Igbo. Nigerian gals way just come don convert 2 rooms for short time . 20 pounds per nyu. Girls for uk no de even gree marry until the don reach 35, so no to bother yourself for uk young babes unless the ones way don really tey for her

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Ikaeniyan0: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
So far I will be making lots of money

I will find a way around the loneliness and boredness

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by OtuologyProf(m): 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
OChimex:

You dey mind those spoiled kids. These guys are just spoiled kids in Nigeria.
How else can a man have his day blessed than, go out there, work your ass off, make some money, come home take a hot shower, eat your nourishing dinner, lay in your bed with better drink by your bedside table, dey watch premier league, champions league or documentaries?
Not as if the job is hard oo.
I don’t just understand these guys complaining about Europe or America.

For otu's sake!
How blessed can they be if they broke the shackles of "what society will say" and remain in their villages as landlords. Open businesses, engage in meaningful farming (which most will still do abroad), sell I plot of land and build a mini guest house for festive seasons.
Mingle with people, explore otu unrestricted. Yes! It is abnormal to be caged from puna and puna related activities.
Once your social/psychological life is lacking, then you are not completely okay.

Prof Itid Ukwu
Dean, faculty of Otuology

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Exercisenplay: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
Is building block kit for 5 years old children ?

The suitability of a Building Block Kit for a 5-year-old child would depend on the specific kit in question. Generally, many building block kits are designed for children aged 5 and up, and can be a great way to develop their motor skills, hand-eye coordination, problem-solving abilities, and creativity.

However, it is important to consider the complexity of the kit, the size of the pieces, and any potential choking hazards. It is recommended to look for kits that are age-appropriate and come with clear instructions, and to always supervise young children while they are playing with building blocks to ensure their safety.

In summary, building block kits can be suitable for 5-year-old children, but it is important to choose the right kit and provide appropriate supervision.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by GoodbutBadguy: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
Better is a King in a village than a slave in a city grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Sltp: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So, the same depression no dey Nigeria at all? Look, this is per person problem and should be treated as such. There are equally Nigerians out there who cannot stand a day in Nigeria as they find life there as depressing as hell. Do we then declare Nigeria a depressing place to be? undecided
Have you ever lived in Europe? I have lived in Europe and some African countries including Nigeria. The type of loneliness, rejection, discrimination and pressure you face in Europe, you can never face anywhere in Africa as an African. They're there because life back home is nothing to write home about and Europe offers more opportunity so they chose to stay behind at the expense of their mental health - talking from experience

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Ikaeniyan0: 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tadadobe:

Exactly. Very depressing places to be. I pray Nigeria work in our time
Amen!!

Nigeria will work in our time

If person get money, Nigeria too sweet

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by juman(m): 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
We cry more here in Nigeria.
People complain of no money to pay bills.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by GoodbutBadguy: 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Most Nigerians are illiterate all they want to do in another man's land is start supporting criminals and do party. The only thing you see Nigerians doing abroad following their own criminal..

Once in another man's land or another country people know you are a Nigerian or they find out you are a Nigerian they just keep their distance from you.

Talking as if you aren't among, if this is all you can say then you are worse than those you are condemning

Nobody in another country wants to associate themselves with Nigerians.. I saw a Nigerian man in UK he bought £750000 hours what's the neighbours found out he was in Nigerian they went to court and told him to leave the road. They started giving him problems they don't want him on their Road .America and Canada I have seen the same thing

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by juman(m): 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
Anywhere in the world, with hard work you get satisfactory amount of money.
No option to hard work except criminality.

I know some people instead of working hard, they only have big hope on winning lottery. What a wack mind.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by GoodbutBadguy: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

I add traveling to mine....so many outdoors stuff to explore.
Dey play grin, will you use paper to travel? Money doesn't grow on a tree abroad cool. The reality of life there is no Eldorado anywhere

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.