Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,344 members, 7,836,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK (66185 Views)

Japa: Leaked Documents Reveal UK Plans To Deport 3,000 Asylum Seekers Monthly / Discover What Makes Seychelles Island An Amazing Place To Visit / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Mindlog: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
theamazonguru:

It's awesome then if the job is really available.
Is it open to only students or just anyone can get it. And what's the pay like, minimum wage or above ?

If the company says come as you are and we would train you, that would be huge.

Starting out many pay between 10GBP-12GBP per hour. 40hrs a week then you are free to go do another 20hrs in another place if you are on skilled worker visa and you have at least 2,300GBP net every month after deductions, this going by the income of someone I know very well who works as a Children residential support worker.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by theamazonguru(m): 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

If the company says come as you are and we would train you, that would be huge.

Starting out many pay between 10GBP-12GBP per hour. 40hrs a week then you are free to go do another 20hrs in another place if you are on skilled worker visa and you have at least 2,300GBP net every month after deductions, this going by the income of someone I know very well who works as a Children residential support worker.

That's cool then.
Not a bad one at all.

Na to just discipline yourself, cut your expenses low, so you can save well to do better things.

Honestly soft works dey Wella.
Na who know know.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by 1Sharon(f): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2023
The people that are complaining of loneliness are not from there that's why undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Metrofox(m): 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
CaptainFM1:

It's two different world. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

Here in the UK, virtually all basic services are available and people pay heavily for it. Back home, our people can avoid paying for almost everything and still survive.

It's very possible to live in the UK for 20years and not have a savings of 1000Pounds because you may not even need it to start with. And also it could be very difficult to save up when you consider cost of living.

The regular weekend and night flexing we enjoy in Nigeria is almost non-existence here, partly because people have to work like modern slaves to be able to buy a pint of Foster beer or Stella Artois for 4 to 6pounds depending on locations. With 6pounds, you know how many crate or bottles of Lager that will fetch in Nigeria!

Even their own premiership, they don't get to watch the Saturdays 3PM matches due to their "football blackout rules". In Nigeria, all the matches are aired.

We quite embrace one another in Nigeria, while in the UK, it's all man for himself. This can be traced to culture though! Our culture is well defined, natural, respectful and to some extent quite organized in nature as compared to the UK which is dotted with large sprinkles of nationals everywhere and are often perceived/treated as forth-class citizens.

Tax: Trust me, Oyinbo people are so smart that not less than 40% tax are collected from every taxable individuals. Nigeria tax system is still very poor that more than 60% are not in government tax net. So there's always that money available for social life.

Suffering & Smiling: Most times it doesn't take money to have a social life. We seems to understand that quite well in Nigeria that on Saturday, you can just wear your Ankara and attend almost any party and enjoy yourself.

The differences in the two worlds are quite much, I can't enumerate them all. But one thing is certain, you can't eat your cake and still have it! Nigeria maybe bad in some areas, but certainly good in some too. I personally can't trade Nigeria for the UK having seen both worlds. That's why I always say the people that enjoyed abroad are the people that have the funds to visit and go back to their country.

True, you can't eat your cake and have it.
The day Nigeria begins to "work" then it'll be a completely different world that most people are not even ready for. There's a lot of dynamics that'll change instantly for good and bad. The do called enjoyment people talk about will disappear.

The western world has developed a society of human "farm animals" trapped in a machine that seeks to squeeze every last drop of blood and sweat from the prior leaving them lost, trapped and depressed at the end of the day. It's the price to pay for the high productivity and boom they're experiencing relative to less developed countries.

Perhaps if many could see they would never pray for Nigeria to work. It's the paradox we have to deal with.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Nwanna2588: 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
After reading some comments all I can say is that most people complaining of stressful abroad life are those who are not living a social life. They want to be revelling in the party like some do here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by mediclife1987(m): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
Authoreety:
That's to say introverts will do well in the UK

Fantastic!

Took shit straight outta my mouth...
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by SeriouslySense(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
smiley smiley, i love being along alone

The only worrying thing is rising inflation and this war with Russia.
Authoreety:
That's to say introverts will do well in the UK

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by SeriouslySense(m): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2023
grin grin grin
Nwanna2588:
After reading some comments all I can say is that most people complaining of stressful abroad life are those who are not living a social life. They want to be revelling in the party like some do here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Inner19(m): 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
All these Nigerians crying in UK are those Nigeria-Uk Japa 2021-2022 Set, Batch A Stream 2.

They should rest by fire by thunder biko.

Why are those that migrated to USA not complaining like this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by lavylilly: 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That movie no talk true at all. There are so many people out here not working who are still very much alive. undecided

2. Homelessness dey Nigeria plenty
so people know it for sure even if they majorly turn a blind eye to it there. undecided
Go to Oshodi and you will see homeless people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by OtuologyProf(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

For me then, it was not factory/warehouse work. Mine was Residential Support Worker in a home owned by the company I worked for. I was doing night shift, 9pm-7a.m. We had a Young person of 15 years old who the UK govt had taken away from her family because of the emotional abuse she was experiencing with her family.

The home was a 3 bedroom duplex, one bedroom was for the young person, the second was the office, while the third was the sleep -in for staff then downstairs was the sitting room, kitchen, conservatory, laundry room.

I showed up at 8.45p.m, to take over from the 2 day staff as one went home while the second sleeps in the sleep-in room as my backup incase there was an emergency during the night and that person was paid extra £45 to sleep in that house that night while I was awake throughout the 10 hours shift, every 30 mins I was recording in the logbook that the young person is in her bedroom sleeping while I cross my leg in the sitting room watching Netflix and going into the kitchen every one hour to get a mug of hot tea to keep awake and fill the required paperwork before 7a.m😂😂😂😂

Lol otu nne muoooo!
Which one is residential support worker.
Just say "house boy'' nobody will beat you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by OtuologyProf(m): 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
Elitedezigns:
All this na just banter. Why not for them to return back to Naija. Whether you like it or not UK better pass naija

With which flight ticket?
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by razzydoo(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2023
No wonder premier league get so much relevance. Even born UK nationals might be suffering same plight. Na who rush to japa.🤭
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by mauchiz: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
rickpat:
but your beloved Nigeria is always here for you...WHY NOT RETURN?..since na social life be una problem...after complaining,the UK government says they are not renewing your visa..na una go still dey beg, hide,do fake marriage,just to remain there

The cure for loneliness is getting married or staying with a fellow Nigerians of like minds,you can form a family abroad,just be careful who to stay with.
You can live in a flat or be a room mate,share your with a patition if the room is a studio,take the person like sibling,tolerate and be loving.
Bear with one another,nobody is perfect.
Nigerians should stop living alone,look for were other Nigerians stay,look for the good ones and live with them.
Stay with your Church members.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Mindlog: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
OtuologyProf:

Lol otu nne muoooo!
Which one is residential support worker.
Just say "house boy'' nobody will beat you

There is google but you choose to show off your ignorance!

Job role many immigrants who are doing care jobs are hoping to upgrade to because of career growth and entrepreneurial opportunities it offers. Having worked through the ranks through shifts, continuous professional trainings that is mandatory by the UK and some the UK government pay for, after about 4-5 years on the job with all the experience and achieving Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare, one becomes a Children' home registered manager and can get paid 4,000GBP monthly or can get self-employed and be hired by companies to offer certified trainings to their support workers, earning the person about a gross of 10,000GBP monthly , if you know what you are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by mauchiz: 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
Inner19:
All these Nigerians crying in UK are those Nigeria-Uk Japa 2021-2022 Set, Batch A Stream 2.

They should rest by fire by thunder biko.

Why are those that migrated to USA not complaining like this?
They live with a family or bedspace.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by harsysky(m): 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2023

God, please deport them so that depression and too much work won't kill them.

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by suzystores: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
So it's this supposed to be a problem.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by hikiki(m): 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2023
Sorry guys...how is this assertion that most naija japas don't make 10k pounds in 20yrs. Make una clear me....my guy wen dey italy,him dey drop 800k - 1 mill for him naija account monthly. And na through Libya him follow enter o. Over 8yrs,see mansion wen him dey erect...abeg make una clear me about this UK own jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
Bobbiee:
Go to the US if you want to be happy
No, make una carry una depression stay for where una dey abeg! grin
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
CaptainFM1:
■ My general drift on tax is that my people can absolutely escape tax in Nigeria, let alone paying 20% or whatever least is applicable in the UK.
1. Compare that to the atrociously poor infrastructure that is in Nigeria. Come on! undecided
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by CaptainFM1: 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Compare that to the atrociously poor infrastructure that is in Nigeria. Come on! undecided

You just jump on a line....We have a trail of discussion. How will you understand our line of discussion?

They said when two adults are talking, a kid will ask if he can open his mouth! (Chinese Adage).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Litmus: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2023
OtuologyProf:
I wonder why a full grown Nigerian will leave his large expanse of land in his village, travel out to pay bills. This is a landlord we are talking about oh..

For otu's sake! Who did this to black people?

Perhaps we Africans are just at core superficial beings, who knows. Our ancestors sold each other to Europeans for superficial glittery things. Hundreds of years later, more than a thousand if you throw in the Romans and Greeks, Africans will destroy you, rape their own mothers even if you try to warn or stop them selling their souls for the superficial lights and paved roads of Europe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by dangotesmummy: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
emmybobo1:

I actually have a cousin with PR in New Zealand but in 2018 he decided to return to Nigeria and planned to reside in Lagos. Fast forward to October 2019 he ran back to New Zealand and since than nobody has seen him
lol abeg check up on him o make e no be say he don commit suicide or he's on drugs,in debts or in prison and nobody knows
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Bouncing2(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
All dis pipo undecided

Mu'una nor de discourage us.
I wan twama too
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Bouncing2(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
All dis pipo undecided

Mu'una nor de discourage us.
I wan twama too
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by AnitaofEurope: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tadadobe:
A tread opened by a Twitter user has Nigerians in the UK sharing their agonizing experience in the UK.

https://twitter.com/Dagbofather/status/1646482207408570369?t=sPEX4eAzz9PsMqkymz8D7g&s=19

Normally nah mumu Dey go UK Wetin so Schengen zone
France is even better than that UK
UK is so congested
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Blakjewelry(m): 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
rickpat:
but your beloved Nigeria is always here for you...WHY NOT RETURN?..since na social life be una problem...after complaining,the UK government says they are not renewing your visa..na una go still dey beg, hide,do fake marriage,just to remain there
Omo after spending huge amount you wan return with empty hand come dey look your guys for face?
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by erico2k2(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ireportlive:
undecided

Even Brits are complaining on tictok

Thier own complain different from Ours. They have power 24/7 and have water ,1at class health care service free. Security is top,
Thier own Depression nah Illness which can be treated medically with anti depressants,
9ja own nah different level, from bad roads to network problem, abi nah police make we start or NEPA?or Area boys?
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2023
This is where practicing Christianity comes in. Christianity is a lifestyle,a nature,an attitude and not religion.
Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by emmybobo1: 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2023
dangotesmummy:
lol abeg check up on him o make e no be say he don commit suicide or he's on drugs,in debts or in prison and nobody knows
I don’t mean that we don’t communicate we do, he has sent two cars since then to his siblings though. My point is that he is not talking about coming back

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
LordAdam16:

Guy the thing tire me.

@Gerrard59. E never do for these people?

Mk dem tk timeout abeg. Dem fit resume next year.

-Lord

It's the reason I made this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7650379/points-consider-before-after-japa

I think they had high expectations, sold off their assets for a student visa etc. I seriously doubt an auditor who moved via work visa will say the same. But they complain bitterly and it's tiring at this point. I even expected those in non-English speaking countries to complain, but such isn't happening. Even in the English world, those in Scotland and Ireland - countries abut to the UK - are not complaining. Those in Australia and the United States aren't either. The quality of immigrants to the UK leaves much to be desired. British embassy for Nigeria no try. If I was a British-Nigerian, I can see reasons not to associate with these people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.