Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,129 members, 7,863,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? (270 Views)

Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? / Is Aids Real? Is it truly transmitted through Sex? / 6 Things Guys Only Say If They Truly Mean It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by Gideonski: 6:37am On Apr 14, 2023
Ever since I was old enough to understand things, the word "honesty" and it's importance has been hammered into my ears anywhere I found myself: family gatherings, church, school, society.
The thing people always say about being honest is that either it is just the right thing to do (from moral perspective), or it is something that pleases God.
However, there's something that baffles me. I mean, what of the times where you'll need to hide a vital information to protect something or someone? Are you being dishonest at that point?
I have seen respected men in the society in religion and in other institutions do things a person full of morals would describe as deceit and dishonesty which seems to work out fine for them at the end. On the other hand, I have seen honest actions turn out to be foolish actions.
What is does it truly mean to be honest?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by Oluromantic: 7:04am On Apr 14, 2023
Honesty is standing by the truth, even if you don't benefit from it...close to loyalty.

Keeping vital informations from people with oral diarrhoea or with fragile temperament is not dishonesty at all...it is simple wisdom. Abraham hid the information of sacrificing Isaac from the biological mother of the boy to secure his future blessings.

You should tell people only as much as you want them to know. On the long run, you won't only save some people's life but also earn many people's trust
Re: What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by Kobojunkie: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2023
Gideonski:
■ The thing people always say about being honest is that either it is just the right thing to do (from moral perspective), or it is something that pleases God.
■ However, there's something that baffles me. I mean, what of the times where you'll need to hide a vital information to protect something or someone? Are you being dishonest at that point?
I■ have seen respected men in the society in religion and in other institutions do things a person full of morals would describe as deceit and dishonesty which seems to work out fine for them at the end. On the other hand, I have seen honest actions turn out to be foolish actions. What is does it truly mean to be honest?
1. Your moral standards have nothing to do with God. Also, ideally, it would make sense live honestly but that becomes hard when you live and have to survive in a society as corrupt as Nigerian one where commonsense and reasoning has been turned upside down on its down, and this every which way you look.. undecided

2. Rather than follow socially prescribed ideals, I think it best when individuals decide for themselves what sort of human being they would like to be - self love and all that. Ask yourself, are you willing to lie, knowing fully well that that constitutes dishonesty, in order to protect someone? undecided

3. To be honest essentially means to hold up one's integrity no matter the situation. It does not guarantee you a life free of pain so no need making such silly assumptions. Neither does it mean you will have a lot of suffering as a result. From time to time, we have seem honest people rewarded. Being honest simply means making choices with a clear conscience no matter what. undecided
Re: What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by chatinent: 7:28am On Apr 14, 2023
Honesty in Nigeria means seeing others do bad in your organisation and shutting up!
Re: What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by shortgun(m): 7:36am On Apr 14, 2023
Honesty means to be free of deceit
To be truthful and be sincere.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by Kriss216: 7:43am On Apr 14, 2023
No matter how you try to define honesty, always remember, honesty is a virtue that should never be expected from Nigerian girls.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by Blupen969(m): 7:49am On Apr 14, 2023
Honesty no deh pay for naija ooh
Re: What Does It Truly Mean To Be Honest? by RamseyKush: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2023
Being honest in this country is the same as foolishness...

Them go criticise you grin grin

No matter how honest you call yourself, enter politics, you go lie pass femi adeshina grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Better Chorus Carrier Among Thus 3 Artiste? / A Thread For Parents Whose Daughters Are Married / 13 Ways To Protect Your Money During (and Before) A Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.