Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,930 members, 7,828,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) (33553 Views)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / Checkout All-Black Chicken That Sells For $6000 (Pics, Video) / Pepper Farming: Can You Imagine The Extent Of Loss Due To Lack Of Storage? (Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Sleekfingers: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2023
ednut1:
Only in Nigeria will people go to university, graduate and serve then start jobs that doesn’t require a degree. Carry go, more grease to ya elbow

So agriculture doesn't require a degree abi?

2 Likes

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by CartelKenneth: 10:23am On Apr 15, 2023
The guy no resemble graduate

This one resemble aboki o

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2023
But some farmers did not go to school before they did agriculture, for instance in the north, children work in farms, i remember i farmed, as a child.

Education or the degree, serves as a means to improve, to be more efficient and to make task easier.

Agriculture does not require a degree, although the degree will go a long way to advance farming, since its provide a collection and systemic provision of knowledge.

Some people do not even require degree, because they are very observant, and fast to understand the methods and management for agriculture.

Sleekfingers:

So agriculture doesn't require a degree abi?

4 Likes

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Sleekfingers: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
But some farmers did not go to school before they did agriculture, for instance in the north, children work in farms, i remember i farmed, as a child.

Education or the degree, serves as a means to improve, to be more efficient and to make task easier.

Agriculture does not require a degree, although the degree will go a long way to advance farming, since its provide a collection and systemic provision of knowledge.

Some people do not even require degree, because they are very observant, and fast to understand the methods and management for agriculture.

Do you know , how broad agriculture is ?

No doubt, some people are doing it in the north and other part of the country without any degree or any form of formal education. But can you compare those that study agriculture in school to those that are not?

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Pacyrus(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2023
The price of pepper these days is quite expensive. If you want make pepper catch ya soup you must part way with 200 bucks.

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43am On Apr 15, 2023
Knowledge nowadays depends on how far one goes to apply it.

One can read the whole books in the library, but without applications, one cannot go far.

In this age, knowledge has been decentralized, such that if one is interested in anything, one has to only seek for the information, find it and apply it.

Even ChatGPT, will tell one the answers one is seeking.

For farming, i dont really need to go to school to implement the methods, all i need is just land, and access to water. Then i could do my research and start applying what i can understand and improve with time.

And in this age one does not even need a large land.

The degrees are good, but its the applications that counts.

What the degrees tell us, is that one is informed and can readily apply such knowledge compared to the uninformed.

I agree agriculture is broad, yet its the applications that count, the graduate appears to have an advantage since he can interrelate and correlate readily, and integrate and then go further to predict or innovate, yet since information has been decentralized, a person who ask the right questions equally can do the same.

Sleekfingers:

No doubt, some people are doing it in the north and other part of the country without any degree or any form of formal education. But can you compare those that study agriculture in school to those that are not?

2 Likes

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Kudos to you bro.
GOD bless your hustle.
And someone called this one a lazy youth…
Na you wey dey complain be lazy...
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Harrykn: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
lipsrsealed what’s going on in the first picture? Na pepper enter the guy for eyes?

Lord have mercy, hahahaha...

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by juman(m): 11:40am On Apr 15, 2023
You are doing well.
Work hard and get good money.
You are good example to others.
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by juman(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2023
There are jobs in nigeria.
Dont stay idle doing nothing.
You should be doing something. Be active.
God bless nigeria.
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by goslowgoslow(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2023
Why is the word graduate attached to the topic? What is the big deal is it not agriculture?

2 Likes

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Horus(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
For any country to prosper, agriculture has to be healthy and sustainable.

We need to get our focus back on agriculture which is the primary industry.

Our earth has plenty for everyone. We only have to manage its resources well.

Nature nourishes us and it is important that we take care of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by cocolacec(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
Adakintroy:
This whole see a graduate who does this..blah blah. Just reek of entitlement. You a graduate so what?. you better pass people weh De do am. Is like farming are for peasants and low life

If you are really intelligent you for don invent something..not be looking for someone to invent while you work for him. Humble yourself. Nothing special about graduate. Nothing
True as if graduate dont need food.
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Bluesearoll(m): 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
What's all these"graduate this graduate that"? What is he suppose to be doing? Working in oil company? These mentalities are killing us.

2 Likes

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Juju70(m): 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2023
Uni show guy man pepper!

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by vannessa7(f): 2:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
LordIsaac:
That's Nigerian education for you. When you are gifted in pepper farming; I see no correlation between BSc and Pepper! He may even have written his thesis on Electrical circuits. grin

You did not watch it and you feel free to comment without being informed, he studied agriculture and it's very normal for most agriculture graduate to go into one type of farming or another, they have been trained thus they do it with knowledge, I have many of them as friends they always want to farm even if it's poultry farming, I wish I studied agric myself

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by vannessa7(f): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:

That is not true, do you know as he is he must have being taught about the financial aspect of agriculture, farm management, it's tools, pest control etc in such a way that he can develop his farm to an international standard easily without too much error, he understands any little thing about his crops and animals and can chat his way up in life because agricultural products are always in demand, I wish I studied agric myself.
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
its not too late, education is already decentralized. You can learn anything, and build on, as you learn.

vannessa7:

That is not true, do you know as he is he must have being taught about the financial aspect of agriculture, farm management, it's tools, pest control etc in such a way that he can develop his farm to an international standard easily without too much error, he understands any little thing about his crops and animals and can chat his way up in life because agricultural products are always in demand, I wish I studied agric myself.

2 Likes

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by vannessa7(f): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
its not too late, education is already decentralized. You can learn anything, and build on, as you learn.

True, but I'm a chicken when it comes to creatures that farming may attract, I can faint at the sight of a millipede not to talk of other vermins, that's the only thing holding me back from farming

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by ezewealth(m): 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
Sleekfingers:

There is a lot of techs in agriculture I swear, a lot of untap billions there. For eg, do know you can plant n harvest over 5 thousand tuber of yam from small portion of land. Ordinarily
something that requires a whole a lot of hectares of land. My friend hu studied crop production have showed a plantain plantation planted on a controlled room, the floor was even cemented, the planted sucker was planted on a clay palate filled with nutrients (soil), then irrigation chanels. The way agriculture is going, I swear u don't even need a farm.
Only few guys are using tech in agriculture in Nigeria. Nigerians are very resilience, corrupt leaders are just short changing us

3 Likes

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by CodeTemplar: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2023
ednut1:
Only in Nigeria will people go to university, graduate and serve then start jobs that doesn’t require a degree. Carry go, more grease to ya elbow

You have a point but jobs that require degrees where created by growing ventures built around jobs that never required one.

If he continues to grow, he could become a dollars billionaire from this pepper farming. If done hydroponically, he can beat down production cost and grow so big that he will be employing PHD holders to handle the robotics needs of growing peppers.
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by CodeTemplar: 11:58am On Apr 17, 2023
CartelKenneth:
The guy no resemble graduate

This one resemble aboki o
What does one look like oga?
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by CodeTemplar: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
Pacyrus:
The price of pepper these days is quite expensive. If you want make pepper catch ya soup you must part way with 200 bucks.
in other words "pepper no dey pepper us again becos of price"

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by CodeTemplar: 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
ezewealth:

Only few guys are using tech in agriculture in Nigeria. Nigerians are very resilience, corrupt leaders are just short changing us
I saw a clip of some agric tech guys using precision technology to treat carrot realtime as they develop diseases. The end result was 13 times the normal method yield. It was a YouTube video if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by CodeTemplar: 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
SeriouslySense:

that's where people like you come in. You can make a clip of the latest techs in farming in your local language and upload them so unlearned folks can learn from you the latest.

1 Like

Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by Pacyrus(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
CodeTemplar:
in other words "pepper no dey pepper us again becos of price"

This one weak me grin
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
Thats true.
CodeTemplar:
that's where people like you come in. You can make a clip of the latest techs in farming in your local language and upload them so unlearned folks can learn from you the latest.
Re: Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) by brightDdon(m): 1:44am On May 01, 2023
hagjay:

Oga you guys re scammers.
Please search her neme on Facebook and check the edit hiatory of that post.

She made the post private, then kept editing the scores as more goals kept coming in.

Then after the match, she change the post privacy from private to public.

You are very correct, that's what she does.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / Multi-million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Gov Emmanuel / Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.