Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? (33824 Views)

Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) / Been Badly Looking For A SA Song But Can’t Remember Lyrics / Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Freethinker87: 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:
grin
So you wouldn't again

Mba nu... The effort I put into wooing that girl yielded zero fruit. Even ordinary kiss sef I no chop.
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by folake4u(f): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2023
I bought lots of lyrics book in secondary school. I also had my own notebook dedicated to Nicki Minaj songs that my friends used to borrow and we'd sing and rap together.

The good times. kiss

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Bjteensdes24: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2023
TemplarLandry:
No be lie. You remember “Na Flash We Dey Flash” by Timi, and “Delicious” by Big Lo feat. 2 Shotz? RIP to Big Lo.
2 shotz ‘yes’ but I can’t remember that ‘flash we dey flash’
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by orikoku: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2023
Adewale1603:
you no well. Even those that intentionally choose to be single.
and you think you're normal?
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Rick9(m): 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2023
That year where you will buy this book because of one particular song. Chai..I also remembered hints magazine.
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by rezzy: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2023
My sister and her friend wan die on top backstreet boys and westlife songs that years. Always buying lyrics books
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Pacyrus(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2023
SonofGod231:

Re-united and still Harmonized.
My Best Rap Group Ever.
Talking of this lyric books,be like some of those people get their lyrics from under bridge,na when I go buy one for 2pac's "Hail Mary" I cum see some parts of the lyrics written in broken english and Igbo.
I got really angry because I felt some of my previous ones most times weren't adding up.
But this time I got so pissed and angry with the whole misup writing that I took all the lyrics books in the house and burnt them outside including the one my elder sis kept on her bed that she was still using for WestLife's.
When she find out say I don burn her book join we fight taya coz she no won gree say the books were rubbish even after I told her they were making us sing nonsense...it was funny though.

See as laugh wan finish me. grin
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Wawelexy(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2023
Freethinker87:

I can't believe i sang Olufunmi by Style-Plus to my crush that year. Kai... Freethinker, you too mumu. grin

Seems like Style-Plus album was the go-to place for simp anthem.

Exactly grin
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Wawelexy(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2023
Fredoh:

Hahaha
It’s part of the beauty of life.
Now we all can laugh about it.

How’s Bisi doing?
My regards to her!

She's doing good with her family grin
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Wawelexy(m): 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2023
occfx:

This life ehhh... Just after 10yrs..
You realize you have been very stupid. I don't know how we will see ourselves after 8yrs of Tinubu rule.

Some will be elevated while some depreciates... Such is life
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Wawelexy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2023
limcar:
you fúck bisi?

Na there I take F-up.. but the girl na all these church type, so he hard for me, plus say guy man never gather confidence and OT grin
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Ashley86400: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hahaha. I remember that Eminem jam “Lose Yourself” etc.
And that your babe Bisi go don born finish by now o.
😊😊

Lol, wetin come happen if she born finish?
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2023
50 cent was in every cover. GGGG UNIT grin
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Streetmovement(m): 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Good old days grin
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Basic123: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2023
Wawelexy:
Na Eminem dey make me buy this book then..... I don't hear what that dude says in his rap.... And I remember I bought one just to cram style plus songs because of Bisi... Person don to mumu for this life abeg
Styl plus, the great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Pootle: 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hahaha. I remember that Eminem jam “Lose Yourself” etc.
And that your babe Bisi go don born finish by now o.
😊😊

i swear na ancient men and women dey NL....lose yourself always love that song, eminem still my best rapper
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by BanjiHols(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2023
I remember I bought one to read what Awilo logomba was saying in "Gate le coin"

Only to read a cooked up lyric. It says:
"Yaweh lakiriboto yawehhhh. uhu. La kiriboto ke. I just flinged it away cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by gly(m): 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
Jostoman:
This book make reminds me of some of my favourite songs then like, you remind me by Usher,

The storm is over by R.Kelly

I believe in you by joe

Am walking away by crain david

Heal the world by m. Jackson

Full moon by brandy

Always on time by jarule

DMX

EVE

Jenifer lopez

Toni Braxton

You just made me feel nostalgia with this your comment. Bless you brother.
Wish I could turn back the hands of time.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by SonofGod231: 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2023
Pacyrus:

See as laugh wan finish me. grin
LOL 😄
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by gly(m): 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2023
Oizee:
I remember it like yesterday, the price was 100bucks. The day my mama found one in my school bag, the beating no be here, "she said u can't buy novels but instead u saved Ur pocket money to purchase what will destroy Ur life" I wonder how lyrics can destroy life sef

No mind mama joor. She just wanted the best for her lovely daughter hence being protective.
Of a truth some lyrics are toxic!!!
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by sageb: 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
TemplarLandry:
No be lie. You remember “Na Flash We Dey Flash” by Timi, and “Delicious” by Big Lo feat. 2 Shotz? RIP to Big Lo.

Is Big Lo dead?

"2shot, lekwa I want see that thing
very delicious
very delicious...."
Nostalgia
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by TemplarLandry: 8:15pm On Apr 15, 2023
Yes sadly, he succumbed to Covid-19 in America.
sageb:

Is Big Lo dead?

"2shot, lekwa I want see that thing
very delicious
very delicious...."
Nostalgia
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Quebec91(m): 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2023
I tell you
kestolove95:
Those days them no dey fit see bone thugs ND twister lyrics for this book oo..

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Chizzychinny: 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
I do... Westlife and Back street boys
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by jubrilELsudan: 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2023
MHEEEEN......I USE THIS BOOK FVCK GIRLS BACK IN THE 80'S

EVERYTIME THEY ASK TO BORROW THE BOOK....I ALWAYS TELL THEM I CAN'T BORROW THEM ...HOWEVER THEY MUST CUM TO MY HOUSE WITH THEIR EXERCISE BOOK AND BIRO TO COPY THE LYRICS THEY WANT

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by BeardedmeatR(m): 12:03am On Apr 16, 2023
MrHighSea:

sounds like synonyms
Not really. I think there's a column in Hints called diary of a call girl. That's the only erotic part, others are celebrity gossips.
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by phemmyfour: 12:38am On Apr 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Thanks to technology, nowadays, getting lyrics to your favorite songs is easy peasy. Music streaming apps simply fetch the lyrics for you. Youngins of nowadays won't understand the struggle back in the days, or should I say they're lucky?😊

Every music lover like me back in the days used to buy lyrics books. This was the era when HINTS magazine was in vogue. My love for good music is huge, I guess that's why I'm now a songs transcriber on genius.com
These and one magazine like that with aunty Pamela's corner
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by AssCraver: 1:15am On Apr 16, 2023
kestolove95:
Those days them no dey fit see bone thugs ND twister lyrics for this book oo..

Those guys were super fast rappers

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by RomeoMarvis(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2023
Those years sha... I buy these books like mad... Used my pocket money dey buy lyric books every time. Den phones came and we started using TTPOD to play n read lyrics at the same time
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Classickj(m): 11:20am On Apr 16, 2023
Wawelexy:
Na Eminem dey make me buy this book then..... I don't hear what that dude says in his rap.... And I remember I bought one just to cram style plus songs because of Bisi... Person don to mumu for this life abeg
Same here

Mine was West life - I lay my love on you

Sang it for onyinyi... Later sang it for Your Omolara

Good old days smiley cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by razzydoo(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2023
Really, that's cool. Drop your handle. Let's follow you. Genius is where you can get enlightenment. Learned a lot from Em and Nas there.
TemplarLandry:
Thanks to technology, nowadays, getting lyrics to your favorite songs is easy peasy. Music streaming apps simply fetch the lyrics for you. Youngins of nowadays won't understand the struggle back in the days, or should I say they're lucky?😊

Every music lover like me back in the days used to buy lyrics books. This was the era when HINTS magazine was in vogue. My love for good music is huge, I guess that's why I'm now a songs transcriber on genius.com
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by razzydoo(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2023
Didn't really need lyrics books though I had access through my associates. Been listening to music as a youngin'. Could rap diamonds is forever by jay-z just listening. When ponderance came over the lyrics, started to delve into lyrics mostly online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD ALBUM: BOC Madaki – Allah Ya Tsare / Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.