Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? (33907 Views)

Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) / Been Badly Looking For A SA Song But Can’t Remember Lyrics / Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by mylove4God(f): 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin. I still remember how I do borrow my friend's own. Then I was so crazy about Westlife. Imagined and wished, even dreamt of ending up with one of them. Chai.
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Lovelydaisies: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
There's this joy it gave you, knowing that you could sing the lyrics of almost any song you liked. grin

And they always looked rumpled. Maybe because of too much borrowing and folding. grin

The naija lyrics, I used to ask my classmate then to sing for me so that I would copy them. Some of the things wey she sing no correct sef, but I no send. Lol
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by TemplarLandry: 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
smiley
mylove4God:
grin grin grin grin grin. I still remember how I do borrow my friend's own. Then I was so crazy about Westlife. Imagined and wished, even dreamt of ending up with one of them. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by TemplarLandry: 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
Lol.
Lovelydaisies:
There's this joy it gave you, knowing that you could sing the lyrics of almost any song you liked. grin

And they always looked rumpled. Maybe because of too much borrowing and folding. grin

The naija lyrics, I used to ask my classmate then to sing for me so that I would copy them. Some of the things wey she sing no correct sef, but I no send. Lol
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by mirinder: 7:04am On Jun 09, 2023
Wawelexy:
Na Eminem dey make me buy this book then..... I don't hear what that dude says in his rap.... And I remember I bought one just to cram style plus songs because of Bisi... Person don to mumu for this life abeg
Good morning, I saw your post on that uac factory job thread and I was impressed. I have two questions. Is it a good company? Considering the level of qualification, can a bsc holder apply?
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by Wawelexy(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2023
mirinder:
Good morning, I saw your post on that uac factory job thread and I was impressed. I have two questions. Is it a good company? Considering the level of qualification, can a bsc holder apply?

1. Yes it is a good company, you are entitled to a free meal per day, there's is provisions for HMO,( I did my first blood group and genotype test there), if you have a good attitude towards work, your growth is assured, tho might take time, as at then, it takes some about 4-5 years before they got staffed while some within 2years, it's all depends on your relationship towards work and the supervisors cos they are the one to appraise you.

There's is what we call target then, don't know if they still do it now, if met, some little funds will be payed to the people involved as an incentive... There's also overtime, tho this money doesn't really go far but the one for those on night shift are still a bit reasonable... If you are posted to the sausage rolls session, you can eat enough gala as you want but this must be done reasonably, i.e, you don't eat it on production floor, you don't leave your work to go and eat it, you don't allow the supervisors see them with you, you don't take it home or outside the shores of the factory, and finally you don't waste them....
Also, you will get enough experience and learn a lot of things including a proper food hygiene process, they don't joke with their Q.A(quality assurance), experiences I got there helped me during my studies at YABATECH for the course Hospitality Management, it will be a plus for you if you are intending to go into catering or fast food business.... During my stay with them, I worked across different sessions, Dough Mixing, Meat Room, Oven, Production floor (which is my strong hold), wrapping, cocktail gala, chemical room, Coconut Chips, and a bit of Cheese ball.... You can imagine the kind of experience I had acquired...

2. Your second question is based on personal discretion, truth be told, there's maximum stress cos it's pure labour work, so you will experience more fatigue but as time goes on you will get used to it and it won't really affects you any longer.. and secondly, considering the calibre of other co workers (mostly teenager), you might encounter enough insults and questionable characters, but to have a great time, you have to play along and vibe with them as it's mostly fun but that doesn't mean you should stoop so low and throw away your uprightness, you can always set your boundaries with them... As a B.Sc holder, all you need is to have a cordial relationship with your supervisors, manager and most importantly those working at Aso Rock(their administrative building in front of the factory), this will help speed up your way to the top thereby leaving the factory in a short while, tho you don't need to rub it on your superior's face that you are a B.Sc holder, moderation is key.. you know what I mean...

Finally, if you know you are hardworking (labour wise), humble and ready to learn, I can confidently advise you as a B.Sc holder to apply for the job and be patient.... I wouldn't like to mention names, but most of their supervisors are former factory workers who enrolled in a part time course and got elevated to their current positions, they are called ST, tho I will advise you to aim higher since you already had your certs before joining, trust me, that Aso Rock is your best bet, a supervisor in the factory is just an advanced labour worker...

WARNING ⚠️: Make sure you try your possible best not to have a problem or an encounter with any Ojota guys, they no get joy at all oo, they will treat your F*ck up Asap... And also stay away from any form of gang, be careful of the kind of friends you choose to roll with... Wish you the best....
Re: Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? by mirinder: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2023
Wawelexy:

1. Yes it is a good company, you are entitled to a free meal per day, there's is provisions for HMO,( I did my first blood group and genotype test there), if you have a good attitude towards work, your growth is assured, tho might take time, as at then, it takes some about 4-5 years before they got staffed while some within 2years, it's all depends on your relationship towards work and the supervisors cos they are the one to appraise you.

There's is what we call target then, don't know if they still do it now, if met, some little funds will be payed to the people involved as an incentive... There's also overtime, tho this money doesn't really go far but the one for those on night shift are still a bit reasonable... If you are posted to the sausage rolls session, you can eat enough gala as you want but this must be done reasonably, i.e, you don't eat it on production floor, you don't leave your work to go and eat it, you don't allow the supervisors see them with you, you don't take it home or outside the shores of the factory, and finally you don't waste them....
Also, you will get enough experience and learn a lot of things including a proper food hygiene process, they don't joke with their Q.A(quality assurance), experiences I got there helped me during my studies at YABATECH for the course Hospitality Management, it will be a plus for you if you are intending to go into catering or fast food business.... During my stay with them, I worked across different sessions, Dough Mixing, Meat Room, Oven, Production floor (which is my strong hold), wrapping, cocktail gala, chemical room, Coconut Chips, and a bit of Cheese ball.... You can imagine the kind of experience I had acquired...

2. Your second question is based on personal discretion, truth be told, there's maximum stress cos it's pure labour work, so you will experience more fatigue but as time goes on you will get used to it and it won't really affects you any longer.. and secondly, considering the calibre of other co workers (mostly teenager), you might encounter enough insults and questionable characters, but to have a great time, you have to play along and vibe with them as it's mostly fun but that doesn't mean you should stoop so low and throw away your uprightness, you can always set your boundaries with them... As a B.Sc holder, all you need is to have a cordial relationship with your supervisors, manager and most importantly those working at Aso Rock(their administrative building in front of the factory), this will help speed up your way to the top thereby leaving the factory in a short while, tho you don't need to rub it on your superior's face that you are a B.Sc holder, moderation is key.. you know what I mean...

Finally, if you know you are hardworking (labour wise), humble and ready to learn, I can confidently advise you as a B.Sc holder to apply for the job and be patient.... I wouldn't like to mention names, but most of their supervisors are former factory workers who enrolled in a part time course and got elevated to their current positions, they are called ST, tho I will advise you to aim higher since you already had your certs before joining, trust me, that Aso Rock is your best bet, a supervisor in the factory is just an advanced labour worker...

WARNING ⚠️: Make sure you try your possible best not to have a problem or an encounter with any Ojota guys, they no get joy at all oo, they will treat your F*ck up Asap... And also stay away from any form of gang, be careful of the kind of friends you choose to roll with... Wish you the best....
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations / D’banj To Work With Former Partner Don Jazzy On New Album / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.