Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,743 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu (42472 Views)

You Need 25% In Abuja + Other Requirements To Be President. Mike Ozekhome / Reno Omokri: Osinbajo can Only Win Tinubu By Consensus / Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by rahmontech(m): 11:33am On May 04, 2023
kellyzaf:

Have any of all the previous winners of Nigeria presidential election been declared winner without the FTC 25%?

The previous winners might have won FCT that’s why it wasn’t a case then. But FCT was regarded just like every other states in Nigeria (for the purpose of the election s), hence the reason for the “AND”, regarding it as the 37 states of Nigeria.

So the break down is this:

fct is never regarded as a state but in the event of election, FCT has to be acknowledged in the law, hence the “and”” meaning that the fct should be perceived as part of the states a candidate can get the said 25% but not mandatory

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by galadima77(m): 11:03am On May 30, 2023
Massiveglory:

If Tinubu is sworn in i will give you 200k. If he is not sworn in you will give me 150k. Are u game?
We get an escrow immediately

Oga where's my money

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Sahara Reporters Confirm Retirement Of Mostly Southern Army Officers / Buhari Violates COVID-19 Law Signed By Him In Katsina - Sahara Reporters / Oshodi Violence: MC Oluomo Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.