Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Your Opinions For Change In Career - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Opinions For Change In Career (5810 Views)

How Acquiring Career Skills Can Help You Progress In Career / Your Opinions Are Needed On This / ICT-FOR-CHANGE By Huawei Technologies Ltd And The Federal Government Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinions For Change In Career by Kelvindate(m): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
I am a recent graduate of accounting in uniport, I don't want to actually in
othe accounting line, I Know it is lucrative. I want to get a certification in 2 courses which are business analyst/project manager or business analyst/quality assurance engineer which is the best for me to choose among the two combination because I would also like to use it to travel abroad after working for some couple of years In Nigeria here. Please tell me the best combination the two and your reason why you say so.
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by sukkot: 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Femich18(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
Experts gather here let's here your say
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by NoFucksToGive: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2023
I have no opinions for you . As a graduate you are expected to be an adult and expected to have the basic skill of critical thinking and deductive reasoning.

You are expected to be able to solve problems as a fresh grad hence this isn't a good start..

Take the time go on LinkedIn , indeed , monster and other career websites and invest your time reading up about various starter careers and find what aligns with your passion .

You are too young to be seeking ready made opinions of total strangers ., This is a red flag on your character and shows you are intellectually lazy . Another red flag.

This isn't a good start at all !!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by haybhi1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
I'd choose the one with engineer in it, left to me. You can't tell where it could take you. But what do I know.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by xavuv: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
You traveling nowhere ogbeni. We stay and support BAT Together. We chop maize together, we live in this mediocre country together.

6 Likes

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Naijareporter1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
Obi Cubana Welcome Timaya and Davido on Stage to Perform as he Celebrate 48th Birthday at Pablo Club,

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgWCWRTn2pc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by LandMann: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kelvindate:
I am a recent graduate of accounting in uniport, I don't want to actually in
othe accounting line, I Know it is lucrative. I want to get a certification in 2 courses which are business analyst/project manager or business analyst/quality assurance engineer which is the best for me to choose among the two combination because I would also like to use it to travel abroad after working for some couple of years In Nigeria here. Please tell me the best combination the two and your reason why you say so.

Consider financial analyst/business analyst combination.

A CFA qualification, certified financial analyst, will take you anywhere in the world, and you can easily get it with your accounting background.

4 Likes

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by 15thAccount: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
sukkot:
try coding. python

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqtD5dpn9C8

Small thing una don recommend coding, 😂, you even drop video join. With the way the industry is looking with layoffs and startups shutting down, it’s not looking so enticing to beginners as it did in 2015-2019.

It’s still very profitable, but it’s difficult and the hype has dropped lately.

Coding is blood money, but na your blood you go use lol.

When I started I wanted to build an app that’ll change the world and become zuckerberg, right now, I just want to find $10m on the road and retire. Setup a huge farm and rear goats and cows and travel the world with an average-beautiful looking huge booty small waist babe.

Amin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by FreeStuffsNG: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2023
All this enquiry and education with an end in mind to japa? smh.
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by booksbo0k(f): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ok try Cybersecurity.
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by qanda: 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by obembet(f): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Here to read comment
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by elefind(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
Breaking news 📰
Women are rapping men in Zimbabwe 🇿🇼
Why good things no dey come Nigeria🇳🇬? 😂😀

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by NoFucksToGive: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
This is why I always coach people on how to pass interviews. To add to my comment above the OP needs to work on him/ er self.

Cause the problem is the mindset from which this thinking comes.
You might think the human resources manager who interviews this OP during the job interview won't spot it but trust me they will.

It's my field and I was able to spot it from just reading this thread.

This is why alot of so called fresh grads don't get hired.

@OP go for some internshis in different verticals and make your own decision. Learn to think for yourself it will go along way in enhancing your career.

It's not about how designed your CV is (that's a waste of your money ) neither is it about key words in your CV. That only helps you through the AI resume sorting on platforms like jobberman or LinkedIn

That's all I will say
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by greatiyk4u(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hmmmmmm

I hope the fear of APC/Tinubu's Government of doom is not what is pushing into thinking of japa at the early stage of your graduate career level,

To avoid blaming Nlanders for wrong career path choice better look up the details of those courses already on your mind to choose based on your strength and interest.

Good luck and welcome to naija labour market full of hard labour
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by iCauseTrouble: 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Flight90: 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by EastAlchemist: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
OP the key is passion
You know wetin you like
Go for it
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Fearyourcreator: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
15thAccount:

Small thing una don recommend coding, 😂, you even drop video join. With the way the industry is looking with layoffs and startups shutting down, it’s not looking so enticing to beginners as it did in 2015-2019.

When I started I wanted to build an app that’ll change the world and become zuckerberg, right now, I just want to find $10m on the road and retire. Setup a huge farm and rear goats and cows and travel the world with an average-beautiful huge booty small waist babe.

Amin
Lolz

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Peterobi90: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
Honestly, no offence... You need to do some work first on your english writing..
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2023
Consider coding in Python and creating arbitrage bots for binary boys.

Or

Learn Quant trading

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by isabi2lof: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
Start from somewhere
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by TheManPregnant: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
NoFucksToGive:
I have no opinions for you . As a graduate you are expected to be an adult and expected to have the basic skill of critical thinking and deductive reasoning.

You are expected to be able to solve problems as a fresh grad hence this isn't a good start..

Take the time go on LinkedIn , indeed , monster and other career websites and invest your time reading up about various starter careers and find what aligns with your passion .

You are too young to be seeking ready made opinions of total strangers ., This is a red flag on your character and shows you are intellectually lazy . Another red flag.

This isn't a good start at all !!

@kelvindate please don't listen to people like the person I just quoted. These are the kind of people that will judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.

There is nothing out of the ordinary seeking advice from people more knowledgeable than you are or people that might have tried doing what you want to do. Look and consult widely before you leap!

9 Likes

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by NoFucksToGive: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
TheManPregnant:

@kelvindate please don't listen to people like the person I just quoted. These are the kind of people that will judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.

There is nothing out of the ordinary seeking advice from people more knowledgeable that you are or people that might have tried doing what you want to do. Look and consult widely before you leap!

Hahahaha

Alright Einstein.

OP take his advise ... After all some people do believe the earth is flat. grin
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by OvaSabi1(f): 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
Focus on accounting and I will come here to explain better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Rubyjade: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
OvaSabi1:
Focus on accounting and I will come here to explain better.
His scared of ICAN

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Queendera(f): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
15thAccount:

When I started I wanted to build an app that’ll change the world and become zuckerberg, right now, I just want to find $10m on the road and retire. Setup a huge farm and rear goats and cows and travel the world with an average-beautiful huge booty small waist babe.

Amin
finally given up abi?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by aliyuthayo(m): 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
Networking and Cybersecurity

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by OvertheTop(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
15thAccount:

Amin

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uba / Banks Are Recruiting Now But..........read THIS! / ABT Associates Latest Job Recruitment (19 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.