Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Your Opinions For Change In Career - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Opinions For Change In Career (5818 Views)

How Acquiring Career Skills Can Help You Progress In Career / Your Opinions Are Needed On This / ICT-FOR-CHANGE By Huawei Technologies Ltd And The Federal Government Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Khafsun: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
God help us. Someone is asking about two career paths, some people are saying learn coding. Is that what the op is asking? Must everybody be in tech? And it's usually the must ignorant people that say "learn coding". Because they think learning how to code is money, not learning data science, not SWE, not a particular skill where coding is implemented but just learn coding as if coding just turns into money. That is what really reveals their ignorance.
In a world with whisperer and copilot, who needs coding anyways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by phemmyfour: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kelvindate:
I am a recent graduate of accounting in uniport, I don't want to actually in
othe accounting line, I Know it is lucrative. I want to get a certification in 2 courses which are business analyst/project manager or business analyst/quality assurance engineer which is the best for me to choose among the two combination because I would also like to use it to travel abroad after working for some couple of years In Nigeria here. Please tell me the best combination the two and your reason why you say so.
Business analyst/Project Manager.....your accounting knowledge will be useful there
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by seanwilliam(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
Khafsun:
God help us. Someone is asking about two career paths, some people are saying learn coding. Is that what the op is asking? Must everybody be in tech? And it's usually the must ignorant people that say "learn coding". Because they think learning how to code is money, not learning data science, not SWE, not a particular skill where coding is implemented but just learn coding as if coding just turns into money. That is what really reveals their ignorance.
u don sabi dem finish grin funnily enough most of them fit never see 500k for their lives before. But na dem go first shout coding coding . Coding what ? How can you monetize it, what’s the process involved? Dem no go Answer

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by damosade(m): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
I am a certified project manager by project management Institute (PMI) Pennsylvania. You will be an hot cake in any industry.
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Sheriman(m): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
seanwilliam:
u don sabi dem finish grin funnily enough most of them fit never see 500k for their lives before. But na dem go first shout coding coding . Coding what ? How can you monetize it, what’s the process involved? Dem no go Answer
Don't mind them, they are on Twitter shouting people should learn programming up and down without telling them the actual real heavy work and challenges behind it.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by emoboy4u: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
15thAccount:

Small thing una don recommend coding, 😂, you even drop video join. With the way the industry is looking with layoffs and startups shutting down, it’s not looking so enticing to beginners as it did in 2015-2019.

It’s still very profitable, but it’s difficult and the hype has dropped lately.

Coding is blood money, but na your blood you go use lol.

When I started I wanted to build an app that’ll change the world and become zuckerberg, right now, I just want to find $10m on the road and retire. Setup a huge farm and rear goats and cows and travel the world with an average-beautiful looking huge booty small waist babe.

Amin
lmao!, you be werey.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by duduade: 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
xavuv:
You traveling nowhere ogbeni. We stay and support BAT Together. We chop maize together, we live in this mediocre country together.

No mind them na so Dem dey do....
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by duduade: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
damosade:
I am a certified project manager by project management Institute (PMI) Pennsylvania. You will be an hot cake in any industry.

Yes o a fi hot cake
Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by Asour: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
15thAccount:

Small thing una don recommend coding, 😂, you even drop video join. With the way the industry is looking with layoffs and startups shutting down, it’s not looking so enticing to beginners as it did in 2015-2019.

It’s still very profitable, but it’s difficult and the hype has dropped lately.

Coding is blood money, but na your blood you go use lol.

When I started I wanted to build an app that’ll change the world and become zuckerberg, right now, I just want to find $10m on the road and retire. Setup a huge farm and rear goats and cows and travel the world with an average-beautiful looking huge booty small waist babe.

Amin

Wrong motivation is hard to sustain long-term.

Secondly 'coding' is a broad umbrella.

Data Engineering, MLOps, Applied Statisticians, BI analysts,Data scientists, Geoinformaticians & Bioinformaticiams all code in various domains!

Even recently, Information systems architect, Robot Processing Automation architects & Database Administrators are huge.

And I've said nothing about APPLICATION development or Web3 (which I know little about).

So it's a big world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating / Apply - Massive Recruitment At ECOWAS Head Quarters, Nigeria / Good Morning, The Following Beneficiaries Have Been Exited From N-power Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.