Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT (34970 Views)

Ministerial Nominees: Osunbor, Mohammed May Make List / Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner / Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2023
limcar:
I knew you were a tribalist. before election, you were all over supporting obi praying he would win. Tinubu won and you are faking support for your tribesman. foolish gal. Who are you deceiving?
I'm not the cause of your madness go to psychiatric hospital for your ailment. Tinubu is now your president there is nothing you can do than to wail for the next 8 yrs of his term. I was supporting obi before your gullible people turn it to igbo agenda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
I'm not the cause of your madness go to psychiatric hospital for your ailment. Tinubu is now your president there is nothing you can do than to wail for the next 8 yrs of his term. I was supporting obi before your gullible people turn it to igbo agenda.
Obi fanatics supporters make people isolate him, he needs to talk to his supporters or abandon them, they will ruin him, no nation or people like fanatics or fascists.

1 Like

Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2023
Let's call a spade a spade.
Abuja is not the 37th state but THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY.
Suppose the Constitution had said " 25% of the 2/3 of the states and Lagos". Will Lagos not be part of the equation for declaring the winner? If Abuja is regarded as the 37th state and insignificant, why mention it. The Constitution should have just said " 25% of 2/3 of the states of the federation". Why single Abuja out?
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by hush15: 8:46am On Apr 15, 2023
JDistribute:
I think obidients are failing to comprehend the grammar used in this law.

It is the the Prof. APC, it's Presidential candidate and all their members and supporters that are failing to comprehend the gramercy used in this law.

APC and its components have been known to always twist narratives and this I no exception. This law has been interpretation before and it's clear to all and sundry. The only time APC and its goons realized it's not so is where the erred in election.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 15, 2023
hush15:

It is the the Prof. APC, it's Presidential candidate and all their members and supporters that are failing to comprehend the gramercy used in this law.

APC and its components have been known to always twist narratives and this I no exception. This law has been interpretation before and it's clear to all and sundry. The only time APC and its goons realized it's not so is where the erred in election.
Your grammar shows you lack comprehension.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2023
JDistribute:

Obi fanatics supporters make people isolate him, he needs to talk to his supporters or abandon them, they will ruin him, no nation or people like fanatics or fascists.
They are the cause of his predicament everybody supported him in the first place but stupid igbo people turned it to something else.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
They are the cause of his predicament everybody supported him in the first place but stupid igbo people turned it to something else.
Very bad, international eyes will be on him, especially with the fake news been peddled and calling for interim government, the modern world fought for democracy and freedoms, no one will support you when you call for democracy to be truncated.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by karnap(m): 9:09am On Apr 15, 2023
Can this dulard fmr gov ,tell us the meaning of AND in the sentence

If they say win 2/3 of the state AND Edo state and you didn't win Edo how can you win...there is a reason why Edo was mentioned...

How can this man be Prof. ? It shows how Nigerian prof and San didn't know English.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by histemple: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2023
When people are silent you will assume they have sense until they speak.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Judek2(m): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2023
Let's ask AI

Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by wizkidblogger(f): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2023
very simple common sense

if fct is that important important, it would have been the 3rd condition and not merged with condition 2

1 Like

Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Dbestbrest: 9:25am On Apr 15, 2023
Illiteracy is a big disease that is very difficult to eradicate in the minds of those that refuse to learn. When the constitution says 36 states and FCT, It literary means since abuja is not a state, the use of "and" had made FCT to be the 37th body that made up Nigeria. If Abuja is a state, the constitution would have just stated 37states instead of 36 states and Abuja. But lack of understanding and the ability to comprehend by the Obidients had made them to stand logic on its head. After all, common sense is not common at all
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Great0ne1: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2023
phyllumtopilla:

Who do you really think is stupid if not you?
You of course. The constitution said 'AND' not 'OR' . Is a simple english
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by PoliteActivist: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2023
Sheggy13:

I knew it would come down to this - insults. The modus operandi of Obidients. You guys can't hold conversations in a civil manner. It has to be your way only. How can you say "at least" there is irrelevant. It's the presence of "at least" that makes it above 24 (25 or more entities) as 2/3 of 37 is a fraction exactly 24.667 and you can't present fractionalised number of states. There's no point having a conversation with you any further. I know you would soon want to teach the judges at the supreme court English by the time they make their rulings on this FCT 25% rubbish,since you're the only smart one.

Do you think the drafters of the constitution are idiots such that a candidate who perhaps wins all 36 states and fail to get 25% in FCT will be denied bring returned as President when his closest competitor couldn't secure up to 25% in 24 states?

You are the one being insultive and personal. I made a generalized statement not focused on you, you've since called me Obidients and all sorts of names instead of focusing on the discussion.

Once again, "at least" here is IRRELEVANT to this discussion. It simply means if you get 24.667 "states" OR MORE you'd win. Which is a nonsensical statement since 0.667 state does not exist, and therefore cannot be what the drafters intended. They also couldn't have meant 25 states or they'd have simply written "25 states or more" which is same thing as "At least 25 states". We are left with only one answer: 24 states and FCT - exactly what they wrote!

Bottom line is, the drafters made a mistake in their wording. They should have written:
"⅔ of 36 states, but FCT can substitute for a state".
Instead they effectively wrote:
"¼ in ⅔ of the 36 states, AND (PLUS) ¼ in FTC"!

Instead of being dishonest and twisting clear words, work to correct the wording in the constitution for the benefit of future generations!
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by PoliteActivist: 10:04am On Apr 15, 2023
Dbestbrest:
Illiteracy is a big disease that is very difficult to eradicate in the minds of those that refuse to learn. When the constitution says 36 states and FCT, It literary means since abuja is not a state, the use of "and" had made FCT to be the 37th body that made up Nigeria. If Abuja is a state, the constitution would have just stated 37states instead of 36 states and Abuja. But lack of understanding and the ability to comprehend by the Obidients had made them to stand logic on its head. After all, common sense is not common at all

So, genius, what is ⅔ of 37??
Or your genius thinking didn't reach that level?
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2023
JDistribute:

Very bad, international eyes will be on him, especially with the fake news been peddled and calling for interim government, the modern world fought for democracy and freedoms, no one will support you when you call for democracy to be truncated.
don't mind him he should go and learn how to do politics very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by nonhuman(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2023
JDistribute:

Obidients una funny o, una no dey tire, una no get work grin
that's the insinuation of yuur Yoruba people
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Kbidi: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2023
Plain English comprehension of course is the problem of most of these 25% interpreters ....

That word "And" means what?

Anyway the matter is in court.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Afamsi: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2023
iReddington:

But you are lacking in IQ, commonsense and education, you seem to think like a school dropout if simple common sense and interpretation can elude you. You don't need to a constitutional lawyer to know what the prof and what Tinubu is saying that FCT voters are not special is valid, but you're daft and colored by ethic sentiments.
werey you wan bite me?
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by iReddington: 10:43am On Apr 15, 2023
Afamsi:
werey you wan bite me?
You're already a stark raving lunatic, barking and jumping from one thread to the other calling professors and Senior Advocates names, when you probably dropped out of school. Your basic education didn't give you commonsense neither did it prepare you for the conversation and argument you're jumping head first into.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Judolisco(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2023
Afamsi:
Illiterate prof kindly tell us why federal capital was mentioned in that rule since it is included in the 2/3 of the states of the federation. Why was your state not mentioned. Does this dullard know the purpose of ' AND ' in a sentence? I feel that he bought that professorial degree. This man ought to be a primary school teacher.
seriously dis is a very daft question.... What's special about d FCT? We have 36 states and the FCT... So because its FCT people staying in FCT and indigenes of FCT should not vote arbi.... Even from kindergarten dem dey teach children say we get 36 states plus FCT.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Great0ne1: 10:56am On Apr 15, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Who are you? He's a well known professor
I am a man, greater than your father
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Trybes(m): 10:59am On Apr 15, 2023
English students please explain these two statements:

1. Two – thirds of the 36 States of the federation AND the FCT, what does this mean?

2. Two – thirds of the 36 States of the federation WITH the FCT, what does this also mean
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:02am On Apr 15, 2023
Great0ne1:

I am a man, greater than your father
I don't have a brainless father like you.
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Afamsi: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2023
iReddington:

You're already a stark raving lunatic, barking and jumping from one thread to the other calling professors and Senior Advocates names, when you probably dropped out of school. Your basic education didn't give you commonsense neither did it prepare you for the conversation and argument you're jumping head first into.
you this werey go away na. Abi na me do you?
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by limcar: 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
liar. people like you are not to be trusted around tinubu. You will betray him when the chips are down and port to the next available politician that offers you bread. Hungry fool!
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by limcar: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2023
WOCKHARDI:
Let's call a spade a spade.
Abuja is not the 37th state but THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY.
Suppose the Constitution had said " 25% of the 2/3 of the states and Lagos". Will Lagos not be part of the equation for declaring the winner? If Abuja is regarded as the 37th state and insignificant, why mention it. The Constitution should have just said " 25% of 2/3 of the states of the federation". Why single Abuja out?
Abuja is not a state. It's a federal territory different from a state. "And" was used there to distinguish and join two separate items in a sentence. 25% in fct is not compulsory
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by limcar: 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2023
Dbestbrest:
You are a dunce. "And" doesn't mean Abuja is the 37th state. it simply means Abuja is a separate entity
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by limcar: 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are the one being insultive and personal. I made a generalized statement not focused on you, you've since called me Obidients and all sorts of names instead of focusing on the discussion.

Once again, "at least" here is IRRELEVANT to this discussion. It simply means if you get 24.667 "states" OR MORE you'd win. Which is a nonsensical statement since 0.667 state does not exist, and therefore cannot be what the drafters intended. They also couldn't have meant 25 states or they'd have simply written "25 states or more" which is same thing as "At least 25 states". We are left with only one answer: 24 states and FCT - exactly what they wrote!

Bottom line is, the drafters made a mistake in their wording. They should have written:
"⅔ of 36 states, but FCT can substitute for a state".
Instead they effectively wrote:
"¼ in ⅔ of the 36 states, AND (PLUS) ¼ in FTC"!

Instead of being dishonest and twisting clear words, work to correct the wording in the constitution for the benefit of future generations!
You lack understanding. The Constitution says 25% in two-third of 36 states and the fct, meaning 25% in 24 states with or without the fct
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by limcar: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2023
Trybes:
English students please explain these two statements:

1. Two – thirds of the 36 States of the federation AND the FCT, what does this mean?

2. Two – thirds of the 36 States of the federation WITH the FCT, what does this also mean
361/2
Re: Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT by Faposky95: 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
JDistribute:

We have our constitution, you said Britain have no law, am telling you they have common law, I don't know what you mean by copying...

If there is no law ... there's .....?
Every land has laws...and it's interpretations.....
Let's also discuss one another in sense.
Why a written Constitution when that of our colonial masters is not written....?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'The Famine That Will Hit Nigeria This Year, Only God Can Save Us' - Jamil Mabai / Soldiers Had An Accident In Borno While Rushing To Rescue Civilians (Video) / Zahra Buhari Celebrates Her 26th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.