Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead (19922 Views)

No Life Lost In Banana Island Building Collapse - LASEMA / Ikoyi Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescue Another Person / Distressed 3-Storey Building At No 7, Sule Close, Apapa / Iganmu: LASEMA Raises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by ud4u: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
RIP to the dead
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by thatigboman: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
Shey dey say no one died. APC and white faced lies. People that died in that building are nothing less than 50
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by bojobulege: 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
BAZ001:
Well done Sanwo iku of Lagos
You didn’t allow journalists go inside the estate since Wednesday, you blocked every source of information and now telling us you are not sure if the dead body that was found was working on the site or passer-by.
Which site get roll call

Just like end sars they will soon start saying where are the families of the people that died… if you goat miss you no go find am story.

The only state government that his killing people and always trying to suppress the news
This is hardly fair. It is a health and safety issue. It may well be a crime scene. You can't have journalists and individuals traipsing all over the site. The people who are tasked with the job of building regulations and assessment were at the scene almost immediately. What else Sanwo Olu expected to do other than let the professionals get on with the job?

2 Likes

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by sisisioge: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Such a waste of life, time and other resources! 7 storey buildings with obvious substandard engineering!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Benrosaria(m): 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
why this dumb story making the headlines every time?? this is suppose to be a let down on us, having so much brains and we have the worse recent technical structures meaning we aren't even getting perfect but worse, we use to be better than this before?

Nigerians why are you against advancement even when you go to school??

this is why I hate education

full stop gbam
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Zeel007: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
Wow I'm so shocked. It happened close to me in my estate in banana Island here...RIP to the dead angry
but mere looking at the building, the collapse deckingz looKs not thick, it seems substandard. My perspective though
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
But they were quick to say nobody died yesterday. RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Benrosaria(m): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
first news no life lost

second news one life lost

third news four dead

intentions we don't know but stop at something ok. and please can we see their photos ??

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by BreconHills(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2023
BAZ001:
You didn’t allow journalists go inside the estate since Wednesday, you blocked every source of information and now telling us you are not sure if the dead body that was found was working on the site or passer-by.
Which site get roll call

Just like end sars they will soon start saying where are the families of the people that died… if you goat miss you no go find am story.

The only state government that his killing people and always trying to suppress the news

A delicate recovery exercise is going on and you want journalists doing what on the scene?

Standard global practice is for LASEMA to hold daily briefings. Journalists do not need physical access to the site at this stage.

Journalists are not forensic building failure investigators or detectives. They are.....er Journalists.

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Needlemover: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
https://www.airfunding.net/s/73498b68-2947-4a1a-98ec-79f07e215fac

Do your part in helping internally displaced persons in Benue state. The state of these people in these camps are just inhumane. Let's help them.
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by brightleave(m): 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
BAZ001:
Which site get roll call

Chai! If this kind of thing happens in Delta, I believe you will get this kind of update from anyone, not to talk of the governor.
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by BAZ001: 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
bojobulege:

This is hardly fair. It is a health and safety issue. It may well be a crime scene. You can't have journalists and individuals traipsing all over the site. The people who are tasked with the job of building regulations and assessment were at the scene almost immediately. What else Sanwo Olu expected to do other than let the professionals get on with the job?

I don’t want to believe journalists will cross boundaries or go and interfere with the rescue team. They didn’t allow them get into the estate not even the site
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by mignone(f): 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
LASG releasing fake result like INEC
It released the report yesterday that said no victim from the collapse.

Now 1 person don die
Make una check well oo
So quick to dish out false numbers
Make una take time and dig well before rushing to give Us false reports

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by clockwisereport: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
jesus247alive:
Nigeria and bad news 5 and 6

How can a building in banana island fall

A whole banana island, while buildings in ikorodu are doing just fine, with the money, something is not right about this.

Reducing materials just to save money, engineers won't make heaven I swear.

#Hakimiforpresident lol

I will make Heaven. I am an engineer
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by providencia(m): 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
jesus247alive:

A whole banana island, while buildings in ikorodu are doing just fine, with the money, something is not right about this.

#Hakimiforpresident lol

I don't know if engineers reduced materials or not but I can tell you for a fact that the quality of building materials is not as good as it used to be in the past. From cement down to rods are now so inferior.
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by gotnel: 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
jesus247alive:

#Hakimiforpresident lol

Haaa.
God rest the soul of the dead.

Engineers are the only people that are making money and the clients are happy.
But nowadays, the reverse is the case.
Cutting corners is a big problem in all areas of construction.
God help us
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by gotnel: 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
providencia:

I don't know if engineers reduced materials or not but I can tell you for a fact that the quality of building materials is not as good as it used to be in the past. From cement down to rods are now so inferior.
You are right.
Standard Organisation of Nigeria is not responsible.
Measurements of nearly all materials are not Measuring up to the desired quantity.
This is a big problem for construction of anything

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by billyG(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
That building a saw a large numbers of people on-top before d collapse,yet those vampires are telling us only one person died,what of d people working inside?

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by gammarays1: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
bojobulege:

Why did they rush to say there were no casualties?

As bad as 9/11 in the USA, journalists still covered it from a distance.

Is like you guys love to defend evil and corruption. Professionals that prefer to take bribes than ensure standards 🙄🙄

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Truthshscrazy: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
undecided
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by KIDfurniture(m): 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
The death of poor masses is nothing . The poor masses are sacrificial lambs. Over 14 people died. I was there

quote author=Nemere2020 post=122518571]

https://www.facebook.com/100064441879510/posts/pfbid02RJP1YteYQWKrpaiVPJLD7MSf7A1DSVS9hh5kZfVkBsGrxTonBaWaYom1Tng8atdfl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7651202/no-life-lost-banana-island#122483081[/quote]
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Successkay12(m): 11:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
BAZ001:
You didn’t allow journalists go inside the estate (u can block them from getting close to the site but not keep them outside the estate since Wednesday, you blocked every source of information and now telling us you are not sure if the dead body that was found was working on the site or passer-by.
Which site get roll call for Lagos

U go just come here to write trash. Have u been to banana island before this incident to understand the security/access level of that place before u comes here and speak trash out of your mouth

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by OdefaGirl(f): 12:48am On Apr 15, 2023
Watching workers go down with the building is very scary. Falling from such height, unsure of where and how you are landing is more frightening. RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured.... They were there for a legit hustle oooo

1 Like

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by TheMostComplex1: 3:27am On Apr 15, 2023
Hmmmmmm.
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by ycat: 3:49am On Apr 15, 2023
Owo iku e lo san, okugbe radarada e!

How is this Sanwo-Olu's problem? He's a governor not a mason, engineer or a building contractor. Tell us how he has killed a single person. Some of you have stood in front of suya for so long that your heads have been roasted with suya.
BAZ001:
You didn’t allow journalists go inside the estate (u can block them from getting close to the site but not keep them outside the estate since Wednesday, you blocked every source of information and now telling us you are not sure if the dead body that was found was working on the site or passer-by.

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by OsuIgboIpob: 5:36am On Apr 15, 2023
jesus247alive:

#Hakimiforpresident lol
Some of you just have heads filled with noodles instead of brain matter.
Even in Europe, USA, Saudi etc, buildings do fall due to architectural design errors. What is banana island?
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by Newnas(m): 6:46am On Apr 15, 2023
Caleboha:
I wonder if this dead guy is Yoruba or Igbo? Does it really matter? He is dead and gone, leaving his family to mourn. A country that elevates tribe over competence! Youths that ignore lekki toll gate massacre! This country is doomed!
Where's the competence?
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by HNICEARTH: 7:07am On Apr 15, 2023
Sick!

Your football club loses a game and you're so pained you can't eat. You analyze and cross-analyze and call for a competent coach and better players etc...

Your country loses human lives to killers and you defend the President, defend the government and make excuses for why it is just a "few people" that died etc etc

You're sick...very sick, I tell you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by virginchaser(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2023
Until they overhaul officers in charge of building permit i am yet to see end of this periodic menace. It's high time Lagos state government change it's administrative style and borrow a leaf from ex governor Fashola style of administration.
Re: Update On Banana Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescues 25, One Dead by mytime24(f): 9:44am On Apr 15, 2023
BAZ001:

mayb na him oga (Lagos landlord) get d building

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nice Building Designs With Refined Aesthetic Value / 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them / 13 Of The Dumbest Construction Fails Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.