Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? (14576 Views)

The Change In Prices Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria (Pix) / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown / Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by peterian: 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
QuinModah:
STOCK UP!!! Everything from Pure water to paste to hair cream to bathing soap
pure water angry he mentioned food,please when is the proposed subsidy removal taking effect?

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by dododawa1: 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
BUHARI will suffer

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by QuinModah(f): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2023
peterian:
pure water angry he mentioned food,please when is the proposed subsidy removal taking effect?
June 2023. Yes everything will be affected.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by IyaTola: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
peterian:
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Givemehope(f): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2023
Mom007:

Go and farm. Nigerians too like buy buy buy! Look for any available land near you and farm even if its corn and cassava, after all, that's what your president elect said you guys will eat. I remember a few years back I farmed maize and cassava on my 2plots of land in mowe area and gave the local women the casavva to make garri for me...I didn't buy garri for almost a year and I had corn in my house for obi and tom brown for my family for almost a year and half, thats after eating so much fresh corn that my face used to hurt! Water leaf, okra and efo were jara and i used to pluck and dash people.Nigerians play and complain too much. Instead of folding hands and waiting for hard times to hit you, go and farm please!

Ok. Thank you for the advice and to let you know, I farm too. Meanwhile, do you have any land that can be lease to me for farming? We can reach an agreement.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by lavylilly: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2023
grin
Ahmed0336:

Shey na you wan go protest?
If you have means, I'd advice you stock up.
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by lavylilly: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2023
Givemehope:

Ok. Thank you for the advice and to let you know, I farm too. Meanwhile, do you have any land that can be lease to me for farming? We can reach an agreement.
Yes, I do
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by lavylilly: 8:11am On Apr 18, 2023
dododawa1:
BUHARI will suffer
With a severance package if =N=6bn, na he cannot suffer
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Givemehope(f): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2023
lavylilly:
Yes, I do

Where is the land located?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by lavylilly: 10:52am On Apr 18, 2023
Givemehope:

Where is the land located?
Delta
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Mom007(f): 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
Givemehope:

Come to Shimawa Ogun state and ask around. There's lots of acres going for cheap and I'm sure you will find someone willing to rent to you.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by SMJay: 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
grin
dododawa1:
BUHARI will suffer

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
I haven't gone to the market to buy since covid.

I plant everything in house from aquaponics to my hydroponics all self built and powered by solar.

As a pescetarian and stoic, I don't eat much just two square meal is enough for me .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
I tire oo, as a new serving corper in PH, 33k no dey reach anywhere self....I been one run o back to Ilorin self...wahala dey o
Givemehope:
Buhari met local rice with sand sand @40/cup and he's leaving it at @170. Today I had no choice than to buy it. N500 couldn't even buy me 3 cups. Na wa o. I'm tired of life.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by KingLennon(m): 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
IyaTola:
Did you know??

10, 20, or 30 years from now you will be laughing at most of the things giving you a headache today.
Be positive.

We're almost at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, we see light and not have to go through another long tunnel. smiley
Nothing good can come out of APC government. Just hussle and be alright!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Bintabisiriyu2: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ahmed0336:

I have stocked my house with food that should last to 2024. If my expectations will go as planned, I intend to add more food stuff in few weeks time to last me till 2025.

May God help us.

kukuma build warehouse and stock up till 2047

Abi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Positiveme2020: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
lavylilly:
Impossible, Nigerians are very docile, it will be =N=700/800 per liter. Stock up

How many liters of pms can one stock.?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Sijo01(f): 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
Stocked up since last year.
Planning on updating in few days

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by sonature1: 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
lavylilly:
Impossible, Nigerians are very docile, it will be =N=700/800 per liter. Stock up

Nigerians are not docile. The country is not just united. Every protest is viewed from a tribal prism, including the ENDSARS protest.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by OloyeVIII: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
If hand don dey meet you, jus talk..
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Babyboyforeal(m): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
lavylilly:

I thought APC supporter are buying in cheaper price

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by MemoriesAndMe: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ahmed0336:

I have stocked my house with food that should last to 2024. If my expectations will go as planned, I intend to add more food stuff in few weeks time to last me till 2025.

May God help us.

Lol. How will you preserve the foodstuff till 2025?
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Lookingback: 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
Rubyjade:
With the removal of the subsidy, puno price would go as high as 1000 per liter which would have a ripple effect on everything because we are a mono economy (dependent on only OIL).

However, the number cars on the road will reduce, so also would the demand for generator would drop and people would look for alternative means which is SOLAR SYSTEM. I am your plug for anything solar inverter system

Do you sell inverters. WhatsApp me let's chat
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Nairalander248: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
lavylilly:

@190/230 people are still struggling... And you said Nigerians are docile... It's either FG/State and Public Service increase their staff salary by 300% or they forget the subsidy removal...

Protest will be massive...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by HenryThegreat1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
lavylilly:

Bag of rice 32k? Where?
Anyway, Lagos is 36 to 38k.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Lifewasgood: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
TBH! I'm in pains, inflation has sent food prices over the roof and the planed subsidy removal will send people begging and stealing food if government doesn't come up with a good plan to ease the suffering of the masses.

Back in 2020, going to the market with 20k will get me a carton of super pack noodles, 2 paint rubbers of rice, 2 paint rubber of garri, 1 paint rubber of beans, 10 packs each of spaghetti and macaroni, grounded pepper 500, onion 500, crate of egg and a ragolis can of palm and groundnut oil. Change go still dey to buy sweet mouth.

In 2023 that same 20k can't get half of the items listed above no matter are good you are in pricing. Things are so costly that even Linus wey dey survive boys with N150 bread and beans for Aluu close shop and became a driver because the current inflation can't sustain the business and patronage was low. Boys prefer to buy garri & soup with 400 instead of beans and bread for 300.

One needs to have multiple sources of income b4 inflation clean zeroes from ur bar

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by BigCowHornn: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Givemehope:

The protest that will follow the removal will finally break Nigeria.

I have been to different countries and yet to see one where there is subsidy and still a booming economy

That subsidy is a honey hive of corruption. It's not just go bereft official and marketers stealing billions all other countries around you will be stealing most of thar fuel the government is subsiding for you

This situation is were illiteracy kills the people

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Lookingback: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Rubyjade:
Solar is the best we set up for 3 people in Lagos recently and they are enjoying itThe bolded is about 78-85k. Where is Wakanda?

Please what make of inverters do you have and what are the prices of 1.5kva & 1kva.
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Sleekfingers: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
lavylilly:

And after finishing what you have stocked, what will then happen?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by Skillsnigeria: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2023
Hmmm
Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by nkemjacob2(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
I don’t expect any apc fellow to start lamenting the hardship

Since the inception of apc into leadership their main objective was to lead Nigeria into poverty

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prices Of Food And Basic Amenities In Your Area? by bergs2: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
lavylilly:

As if you got that from my mind: we are a suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria / FAO Issues Alert On Food Poisoning In Lagos, Kano, Other Cities / Brand Your Nylon For Bread, Flour, Chicken, Cow, Shrink Nylon At LK STEAD PRINTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.