Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

You Can Walk Well And Enjoy Quality Life Again - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Can Walk Well And Enjoy Quality Life Again (301 Views)

See What Fixing Of Nails Did To Me, Never Will I Fix Nails In This Life Again / Reason Why I Can Never Have Sex Or Have Any Woman In My Life Again. pic added. / You Can Walk Well And Enjoy Quality Life Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Walk Well And Enjoy Quality Life Again by Highwellness: 12:05am On Apr 16, 2023
Hello... I would like to share some knowledge of Stroke with us, its symptoms and causes, and the proper recommendation for treatment of stroke for the best results.

A stroke occurs when the supply of blood to the brain is either interrupted or reduced. When this happens, the brain does not get enough oxygen or nutrients, and brain cells start to die. The loss of blood flow to the brain damages tissues within the brain. Stoke is sometimes termed a brain attack or a cardiovascular accident. It is much like a heart attack, only it occurs in the brain.

Stroke may be caused by a blocked artery(typically blood clot) or the leaking or bursting of a blood vessel, but about 80 percent of strokes are caused by a blocked artery. Stroke often occurs with little or no warning, and the results can be devastating.

Stroke is a leading cause of serious long-term disability, with an estimated 5.4 million stroke survivors currently alive today. Although they are more common in older adults, strokes can occur at any age. People age 55 or older have a higher risk of stroke than do younger people. Men have a higher risk of stroke than women. Women are usually older when they have strokes, and they account for more than half of all stroke deaths

Symptoms of Stroke
(I) Paralysis, weakness or numbness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
(ii) Trouble with speaking and understanding speech
(iii) Trouble with seeing in one or both eyes.
(iv) Loss of balance and coordination.
(v) Drooping on one side of the face, or an uneven smile.
(vi) Severe headache with an unknown cause

When do you need Medical Attention?
Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any signs or symptoms of a stroke, even if they seem to come and go or they disappear completely.

Prompt Treatment is required to prevent the following outcomes :
a) Brain Damage
b) Long-term disability
c) Death

NB: Rehabilitation is also an important and ongoing part of stroke treatment. With the right assistance and the support of loved ones, regaining a normal quality of life is usually possible, depending on the severity of the stroke.

Prevention of Stroke
Chances of you having a stroke can be reduced by the following:
1) Quit smoking
2) Drink alcohol with moderation, if at all.
3) Exercise regularly, and keep your weight down.
4) Eat diets rich in fruits and vegetables.
5) Go for checkups regularly, and stay in communication with your doctor.

Proper Treatment for Stroke
A Stroke is a medical emergency that needs immediate attention. The good news is, stroke is treatable, but it requires early medical intervention to prevent/minimize brain damage. A complete treatment of any health challenge is only achieved when proper diagnosis is met with the right and adequate recommendation of treatment.

And going through these, it helps to improve the quality of your health and your life. By lowering the blood cholesterol levels, breaking any blood clots, and preventing blood vessels constriction.

For consultation, feel free to check my signature.
Nothing Beats Sound Health!
Re: You Can Walk Well And Enjoy Quality Life Again by Highwellness: 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2023
Health is the greatest wealth
Re: You Can Walk Well And Enjoy Quality Life Again by Highwellness: 9:14am On Apr 28, 2023
Good Health Has No Replacement

(1) (Reply)

Longer Or Shorter Pregnancy. Which Would You Choose? / Why Should You Use A Sauna? / Would You Permit Your Partner To Be A Surrogate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.