Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) (64457 Views)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / The ₦100 Oranges I Bought In Birnin Kebbi (Photo) / ₦50 Red Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Telekit11: 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2023
Good
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by 1Dray(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2023
ManirBK:
Food items are very expensive now due to availability of old Naira notes in circulation. The local Rice I purchased at 650 per Mudu before election, is now 800 naira per Mudu as I went to the Market for shopping today in Birnin Kebbi. Please is the rate still the same at your side or is only here in Birnin kebbi.

APC government has finished Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Lifestone(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
That was probably N300 per measure under Oga Jona.
Though clueless, he conceded and didn't resort to shameless rigging. He was never in support of "bandits" because we saw casualty pictures of terrorists.
Oh Oga Jona my Jona, Ilu ti Jo ina tan lowo APC.
Stop mentioning Jona if you mean Former President Jonathan. Just stop it

2 Likes

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Puss360(f): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2023
Lol... Funny how we tend to see things very cheap in the north when in reality it's almost the same.....
Using Lagos standard, one Mudu is equal one Derica and tin milk cup...
One Derica of Quality rice in Lagos goes for 700/800, then one cup is 200...
So that price is almost the same here in Lagos...
But note that once something made I. Nigeria is up to quality, then automatically the price will equal it's imported counterparts...
So good sandfree local rice in Nigeria is the same price with foreign rice .....
Nigerian economics is very difficult to study...
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Charlie2020(f): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2023
My friend in Kebbi and Katsina axis said they buy foreign rice as local rice for 600 - 800 Naira per mudu. That rice you posted is not local but repackaged foreign rice. Foreign Rice from Niger Republic are legally and freely sold up there

1 Like

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by NaijaCover(m): 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2023
Money Is Really Good ooooo
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by chiboycue: 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2023
ManirBK:
Food items are very expensive now due to availability of old Naira notes in circulation. The local Rice I purchased at 650 per Mudu before election, is now 800 naira per Mudu as I went to the Market for shopping today in Birnin Kebbi. Please is the rate still the same at your side or is only here in Birnin kebbi.

I wonder if the prices of food stuffs such as rice , garri, beans etc would reduce after 29th May 2023 because the truth is that the present Government does not care.

1 Like

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by blowjohn(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
PlayerMeji:
One of the some of the few reasons I salute Buhari administration...

Keep saluting.
U Shud even dance and do acrobatics too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Lithiumite: 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
Godfirst2014:
That mudu contains 16 tin milk cups , approximately two mudus of that of South. With the current price here in the south, that would be around 2k

You are not quite right.....that mudu is about 1 and half a derica that is being used in the south and about 4 tin cups will make a derica

1 Like

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by israelmao(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
N800 could get you two measures and half with N50 change before Buhari became president.APC brought untold hardship on Nigerians and some are here celebrating incompetence,poverty,insecurity and hunger.

1 Like

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by atheistandproud(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
Godfirst2014:
That mudu contains 16 tin milk cups , approximately two mudus of that of South. With the current price here in the south, that would be around 2k

3,250 for a bag of rice at Effurun Market, Effurun-Warri.
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by UwaMmebii(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
Chuksyno:
Is Mudu equal to pinter?

Half pinter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Rubbiish(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Godfirst2014:
Mudu is around 8 tin milk cups & not 16

3 Likes

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by CodeTemplar: 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Lifestone:

Stop mentioning Jona if you mean Former President Jonathan. Just stop it
Oga Jonathan or Oga Jona....same
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Zico5(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Which one is Mudu. Na paint and derica we dey use here o
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Abuja here is 1200 to 1300, is cheap there so how much is a bag of rice there?
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by LOVEGINO(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
IAMYOURDAD:
So clean and cheap. North the enjoy sha
aswear no b lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by 1Dray(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
Godfirst2014:

What is called 'Mudu" is actually approx. 9 milk cups in the North West region. This same 9 cups measure is called "Shakada"i in the NE, whereas the 18 cup measurement is called Mudu in the same NE region. The 18 cups measurement is called "Tiya" in the NW.

1 Like

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by gentleguy1975: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

So una no fit buy one cup of rice, that small tin cup, only modu? 😧
What if Dem no fit afford the modu?

Some part of southern Nigeria call it congo of rice, I think the Yorubas. For some part of Southern Nigeria, one tin small cup is 200 naira, while what you call modu will be about 2,000 naira, which is 200 naira × approximately 10 cups(which makes one modu) or 1 modu no be 9½/10 cups of rice?
Hausa midi is far bigger than the congo you mentioned, I know this because I once lived in kano

1 Like

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by JJuanMiguel: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

So una no fit buy one cup of rice, that small tin cup, only modu? 😧
What if Dem no fit afford the modu?

Some part of southern Nigeria call it congo of rice, I think the Yorubas. For some part of Southern Nigeria, one tin small cup is 200 naira, while what you call modu will be about 2,000 naira, which is 200 naira × approximately 10 cups(which makes one modu) or 1 modu no be 9½/10 cups of rice?

Mudu is bigger than Congo
Mudu is 16 cups
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by gasparpisciotta: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
Inflation is real
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Godfirst2014: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
Hausa mudu is twice that of South mudu ,go and verfy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Lukuluku69(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
ManirBK:
for how much in the southern part

We do the Derica measurement Down south and it is #600/#650 in my area.
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
poshestmina:

Nna, Udo dikwa?
Ask am wella?
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by boxypane(m): 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2023
Farmers here are greedy. The FG should open the borders.

2 Likes

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Realguyman1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
PlayerMeji:

That he did what?

1 Like

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by fastseo: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
ManirBK:

You need to understand that people sold at loss during the cashless policy.

people I know selling catfish and chicken where badly hit as they sold at loss. chicken of 8k was sold at 2500. we had to eat the chicken rather selling at that price which didn't cover for the 40% of feeds not to talk of 100% before u start talking of profit. not to mention drugs, vaccine, water and stress.

Do u expect them to sell at loss? is that what u apc guys want
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by doneback04: 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
That play na heaven compare to River stats
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Lifewasgood: 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2023
Over here in Abraka, a paint/custard rubber of rice is 3500. I don't know if it's same measurement as your mudu.
Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by bionixs: 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
PlayerMeji:

carry that your salute comot for our face. You will be joining him with your salute in his village soonest.

People love suffering sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) by Yuneehk(f): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
Godfirst2014:
Mudu is like 2 derica. And a derica is 4cups. So that's like 8cups. It's not up to 16 tin milk cups.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Creepy" Cake Made For A 60-year-old Man That Has Got People Talking / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / The Food I Will Be Missing When I Become Rich (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.