Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms (33812 Views)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by tony9k: 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Mr A told his friend, Mr B that he has a separate bedroom from his his wife even though he has a 3 bedroom house. Mr B replied that his house has 4 bedrooms but shares a bedroom with his wife. He wondered how convenient the arrangement is for Mr A wondering how to navigate doing the show. Mr A said it was easy: If he feels like he knocks his wife bedroom door 3 times and the wife comes over. Mr B now asked what happens if it is the wife that wants to do, Mr A said it was also very easy. His wife comes to the bedroom and ask the question 'Did you knock my door 3 times just now?' and he catches the drift.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by NoFucksToGive: 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Moh247:
My uncle stays in separate room with his wife and I think I kind of like the Idea, I practice it with my girlfriend and I find it cool

Nobody asked you.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Charisma01: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
Rokiat:
One of my love languages is physical touch so nope not for me.

I need morning spooning and occasional cuddles through the night.

My kind of girl wink

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Gajagojo: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
So what if you have 4 wives

I don't think it is African to have one wife
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by abobote: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
I don't like it, it gives room for cheating and difficult to settle issues
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Mrvictorwrite(m): 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
I see nothing wrong provided both parties are not deceiving themselves.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Peterosky(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
What then is the essence of marriage if sleeping in separate rooms becomes an option. Those who prefer sleeping in separate rooms should instead continue with boyfriend and girlfriend status than marry.Thank God for my wife, she can never accept this rubbish the same way I can never contemplate it.No matter how bogus my house will be, my wife will never have her own room. I will instead build a master bedroom with a spacious bed.For me, matters are easily resolved before dawn because we sleep in the same bed,this has a seriously help my marriage and as such can never joke with the potency of sleeping in the same room with my wife.NEVER.

8 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by lakefist(m): 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
farous:
Please is there anything wrong that husband,wife and children all have and sleep separately in their respective rooms and bed.

Must husband and wife share same bed and room to define intimacy/closeness and bond between them or what can be called martal bed.

Yes
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by lakefist(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
Peterosky:
What then is the essence of marriage if sleeping in separate rooms becomes an option. Those who prefer sleeping in separate rooms should instead continue with boyfriend and girlfriend status than marry.Thank God for my wife, she can never accept this rubbish the same way I can never contemplate it.No matter how bogus my house will be, my wife will never have her own room. I will instead build a master bedroom with a spacious bed.For me, matters are easily resolved before dawn because we sleep in the same bed,this has a seriously help my marriage and as such can never joke with the potency of sleeping in the same room with my wife.NEVER.

You spoke my mind. This is exactly what I tell people too.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by flyingdutchman(m): 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nothing wrong with that. I love my space once in a while.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by lakefist(m): 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
fyzaila:
Sharing thesame bed does not necessarily create any bond of intimacy between couples. A husband can have his wife sleeping next to him and still be chatting side chick.

Lol. Compare it to separate rooms. That is free world to extra marital affairs.

If u share same room, there will be caution to a large extent.

I can never separate room with my wife.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by deltateam: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
farous:
Please is there anything wrong that husband,wife and children all have and sleep separately in their respective rooms and bed.

Must husband and wife share same bed and room to define intimacy/closeness and bond between them or what can be called martal bed.

Yeye question.

What's the difference between single life and married life?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Dbestbrest: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
Where is the boundedness, where is the passion, where is the love, where is the joy you shared when you first met, where is all that you shared together? How can you be husband and wife and be living in separate room? If you don't share the same wardrobe that's understandable but sleeping separate is NO, NO!!! You can never bond together. Marriage is not all about sex naa!!! Have you shared moment together when you will be gisting and one slept off? You guys of nowadays need orientation about !marriage oo!! Get it into your head, two of you are one!!! Sleep together, eat together, bathe together if the chance to do that is there. Common!!! You guys should be responsible towards one another

3 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by tammie24: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
suckmedownthere:
When both of them are too proud to come for sex then they become strangers to themselves...
or get it outside... Life goes on
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by GorgeousAF(f): 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
I can never share separate rooms with my husband.. NEVER
We can have different rooms where we put our stuff but we must sleep on the same bed..me wey like cuddling and gum body grin
There's nothing as personal space and privacy in marriage...two of you shall become one....
No be only separate rooms . mtchwww

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by InvertedHammer: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
farous:

/

It will afford madam the privacy to engage in phone intimacy with her lover when oga is asleep in the other room.
What happens to early morning and late night discussion about family, business affairs?

/
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Peero1: 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
EriMma1:
Even though some religious settings kick against it, I don't really see anything wrong there. If you truly love and care for each other, it won't affect your relationship.or marriage or even encourage any form of drifting or cheating. After all, when you guys were dating, you were sleeping apart for the most part of it, yet you got married.

I'm big on personal space and privacy especially when sleeping. Most times before I finally retire for the night, Im usually on the phone for hours and this might disturb the other person or means I'll have to adjust and drop the habit which may not sit well with me, like sort of inconveniencing myself. So, I'll rather just be apart.

Another reason I don't really fancy the idea of a shared space is because, some men don't know how to sleep. some just want to use you as pillow, holding you while sleeping and at the end of the day you don't get to sleep well or even sleep at all. That's not bonding, you're depriving yourself of good quality sleep which will take a toll on your health in the long run. If you want to bond, during the day, we could cuddle each other and have our lovey dovey moments ( not sex) It could even be at the beach. So there should be time and space for everything.

I remember the last time I visited my guy. He wouldn't let me sleep and I just hated him for it. He wanted to use me as pillow. Go now oga, he just wants to rest his big head on my tommy and chest. Na so I push am go one corner. Sofri go for ground on cold tiles and slept off like a baby. Next morning baba dey tell me say, "I was just looking at you last night" huh.. I said "and so? Make person no sleep because she come visit you. Abeg park well. Even if we were married, I would have still done the same thing.
I love my sleep!

Lastly, whether you sleep in the same room in each other's arms o or sleep in separate rooms, person wey wan cheat go still cheat. A man will remove hisi wife's hand from his body and still go meet Ekaete for her room sleep with her. So why deprive myself of natures beautiful gift for one yeye bonding wey no work? Bondfire!

nahwa oooo
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by blowjohn(m): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nothing wrong.

As long as the wife isn't planning anything against Hakimi grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by asahnwaKC: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
As marriage goes by…. You need to give each other space it helps to strengthen intimacy and avoid see finish . When you stay in separate rooms.. you can send sexy massages and pics to each… to keep the romance going. My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Hassanmaye(m): 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
Rokiat:
One of my love languages is physical touch so nope not for me.

I need morning spooning and occasional cuddles through the night.
Men need time is not everyday mummy and daddy
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Sweetvie: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nothing is wrong with that.
For me, I'm definitely sleeping with my partner. I love to be cuddle abeg🤧 and all those morning kissy kissy.
No fun there if am sleeping in a separate room grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by eepeepook: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
If you have to ask this, you are too young.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Sweetvie: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
GorgeousAF:
I can never share separate rooms with my husband.. NEVER
We can have different rooms where we put our stuff but we must sleep on the same bed..me wey like cuddling and gum body grin
There's nothing as personal space and privacy in marriage...two of you shall become one....
No be only separate rooms . mtchwww
Aswear grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Juliearth(f): 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
farous:

Personally, I love the idea, but I don't see it thriving because an average Nigerian partner would consider it mundane.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Kobojunkiee: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
boldsleek:
Depends on the couple, whatever works for them.There is no formula for this thing called "marriage". Couples should do what they are both comfortable with. shikena.!!
Yes, there is no formulae, but even siblings and prisoners no dey observe this kain position. grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by akins33: 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
it was on d same bed an installed camera caught a wife snappimg her privates with her child and husband beside her,and sendimg it to her lover

Separate rooms are better,people show their real character when alone.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by RALPHOW(m): 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
When one them is arrogant and not ready to tolerates the partner.
Many husbands do snor and the wife may not like to tolerates him.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms by JeffreyJunior: 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
I can't say if it's wrong or right. Growing up, I remember my mum had her room but never slept there for once.

Even after my dad passed, she still slept in the room they shared.

Her room was just a trophy room which I once used to make my girlfriend feel like a queen that year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? / Mr Hope Ejerovbo Is Missing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.